Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gardengoddess
Stats: 199 highest/187/157 current/130 5'2
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 9/5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Welcome, Linda. You are about to stop being disappointed in yourself.

I believe that you will be losing weight shortly, and you will be enjoying many great meals that included some of the foods you've really been missing for a long, long time.

I'm so very glad you are joining us! You're going to LOVE it!
Thank You, Pat.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #362
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Hello I've been here on LCF awhile. I've done JUDDD and had some success. I just did not stick to the plan like I should have.
I am ready to restart this plan so please wish me luck.
later ladies,
Jan
Old 11-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #363
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgw View Post
Hello I've been here on LCF awhile. I've done JUDDD and had some success. I just did not stick to the plan like I should have.
later ladies,
Jan
Welcome, Jan! I'm glad you're back to JUDDDing with all of us, and I know you'll be successful and so glad you came back! And I'll tell you what.. if you come in here and read and post each day, even for just a bit, it really does keep you excited and motivated and there are so many great ideas from everyone, that it just makes it really easy to succeed!

I really look forward to you being with us and losing the weight with such a nice plan!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Welcome, Jan! I'm glad you're back to JUDDDing with all of us, and I know you'll be successful and so glad you came back! And I'll tell you what.. if you come in here and read and post each day, even for just a bit, it really does keep you excited and motivated and there are so many great ideas from everyone, that it just makes it really easy to succeed!

I really look forward to you being with us and losing the weight with such a nice plan!
Thanks!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Changeling
WOE: Low carb & lifting weights & HIIT
Start Date: 23 July 2013
Hi everyone!

I'm starting JUDD tomorrow for one reason and one reason only : being so super impressed and inspired and encouraged by the wonderful support, love and friendship here ... not to mention the weight loss results!!!

My first DD is tomorrow at 400 calories, and my UP will be 2000. Does that sound right?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:21 AM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm starting JUDD tomorrow for one reason and one reason only : being so super impressed and inspired and encouraged by the wonderful support, love and friendship here ... not to mention the weight loss results!!!

My first DD is tomorrow at 400 calories, and my UP will be 2000. Does that sound right?
Well, you're right! This is a great group of supportive and encouraging folks, with lots of true caring and friendly help. So welcome!

As to your calorie numbers, and whether that sounds right... I don't know. How tall are you and what do you current weigh? How old are you and how much and how hard do you exercise every week... really. Some of us do 2000 calories and even higher. Many of us do 1600 and 1700 and 1800.... so it's a very personal number to you, but it needs to be figured correctly to be helping you to lose weight, but to also be healing your body and building your metabolism as you go along. (If you want to share your stats, we'll be happy to help you find a probable starting number. And sometimes those numbers have to be tweaked a bit right at first, but you have to start someplace.)

Anyway, you're going to love it here! I'm so glad you've joined us.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:15 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
How tall are you and what do you current weigh? How old are you and how much and how hard do you exercise every week...
I'm a 39-year old female, I'm 1.55 meters tall, I weight 79 kilograms, I do weight training 3 times per week for one hour and I jog for 20 minutes twice a week.

Thanks for offering to help me!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #368
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda76017 View Post
What is juddd
I think Pat (SoHappy) explained it all to you but if you need more info there are stickies at the top of our JUDDD forum with lots and lots of info especially this one here: WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengoddess View Post
I am a recovering Atkins dieter also. I just have not been successful or happy in a long time. I have been checking out the threads in this forum and I'm going to give it a try. I'm tired of being disappointed in myself.

I haven't paid attention to calories in about 8 years, so that is the most challenging thing right now! Today is my first day - its an UP day.
and I look forward to reading about your wonderful progress!! I suggest using some means to write down all your calories/food choices to keep yourself informed on what you are eating and how much. If you look in this thread, http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...lculators.html there is lots of good info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaconatser View Post
I am more of a lurker than anything. I have lurked around LCF off and on for quite a long time. I have also been a low-carb dieter off and on for several years.

I've been overweight since I was 5 years old, with years of losing/gaining. Since I have been an adult, I have been as low as 170-ish and as high as around 265. So far, the only 2 ways I have found to lose weight (for me, anyway), is to eat only one meal a day or low-carb. The problem is, I haven't been able to make either of these eating styles a life long way of life. I love all the low-carb foods, but every now and then, I just want some mashed potatoes or a piece of bread! I also now have a hard time doing the one meal a day, because I get terrible stomach cramps if I don't eat something within a certain time period after waking. I have acid reflux, so I am not sure if that is why I cramp or what the issue is.

Wow, this is turning into a book! Sorry!

Anyway, I have looked at JUDD so many times and wondered if I could do it. I've decided that I can! I started today, with an UD, just because that is the best for my schedule.

I've been impressed with my first day, and I am looking forward to tomorrow. I want to see how I am going to handle only 500 calories, but I know I can do it!

Thanks for all the inspiration and support!
and I think JUDDD is going to be a great fit for you, from what I just read on your post! It's a "magical" WOE and one that I KNOW I will do for the rest of my life. I have a feeling you are going to be thinking the same way after you have been JUDDDing a little bit! Starting with an UD was very smart and I always suggest to eat lots of veggies on your first DDs in the next couple of weeks to get more "chewing bang" for you DD calories. Lots of great recipes on the DD recipe thread, and other recipe thread also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgw View Post
later ladies,
Jan
back and I have a feeling this time it's going to "stick"! I look forward to your successful weight loss posts!!

Quote:
I'm a 39-year old female, I'm 1.55 meters tall, I weight 79 kilograms, I do weight training 3 times per week for one hour and I jog for 20 minutes twice a week.

and so nice to see you here with us! Have you looked on this thread http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...lculators.html and tried the calculators to get an average for you UDs and DDs? If not I suggest you do. It's so much easier when we have our calories pretty well figured out!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #369

Quote:

When I went over your stats, I get a variance from just over 1900 to about 2085, so your choice to do 2000 fits in with that pretty well.

Here is one thing to ponder about it though... most of us feel that the JUDDD calculator gives us a too-generous calorie number for our UDs. Secondly, if you are overweight by enough pounds, the calculator doesn't know what portion of our weight is our *body* and what part is the added fat we carry, so it gives us a calorie figure to maintain all the fat as well..... so we usually cut that number we are given back down some!

Since you are so short, I think you might be more successful and lose weight at a faster pace if you maybe cut your UDs back down to about1850 or so. That way you aren't feeding your body a lot of calories on your UDs to maintain as much of your body fat.

Your weight training will build some good muscle, and even just 20 minutes of running a couple of times a week is wonderful! Besides losing the fat to reveal our new slim body beneath, it's so great to be working on that new body at the same time, so that once it's *uncloaked* and revealed to the world, it is amazing! Woo Hoo!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #370
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Hello All!

I've been lurking with interest and have decided to take the plunge! I was going to wait until Wednesday to start (so that Thanksgiving could be an UD), but I think I'm going to start tomorrow with a DD. Anyhow, a little about me...

I'm 39, have four children (one c-section, 3 VBACs), and am short (5'1). I'm also on the outskirts of pre-menopause (starting to have symptoms) and think I may have an under active thyroid (though that is speculation on my part and has not been determined yet). I've tried bunches of different WOE, but nothing has really worked or stuck. I'm excited about trying this WOE and hopefully having it work for me!

I know I need to throw some exercise in there, just trying to figure out when that's going to be. With four kids and a part time job, there's not a lot of time for me (even though I need to make time!)

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Hello All!

I've been lurking with interest and have decided to take the plunge! I was going to wait until Wednesday to start (so that Thanksgiving could be an UD), but I think I'm going to start tomorrow with a DD. Anyhow, a little about me...

I'm 39, have four children (one c-section, 3 VBACs), and am short (5'1). I'm also on the outskirts of pre-menopause (starting to have symptoms) and think I may have an under active thyroid (though that is speculation on my part and has not been determined yet). I've tried bunches of different WOE, but nothing has really worked or stuck. I'm excited about trying this WOE and hopefully having it work for me!

I know I need to throw some exercise in there, just trying to figure out when that's going to be. With four kids and a part time job, there's not a lot of time for me (even though I need to make time!)
Hi, Jenn! I welcomed you on another thread, but wanted to address you here too. I have no reason to think JUDDD won't work for you as easily and dependably as it does for everyone else. There is A LOT of weight fluctuation on this plan (usually) but through it all, there is a nice steady and fairly dependable loss of body fat too, so this plan just allows us to go about our lives, hardly having to pay any attention to food on DDs and allowing us to really enjoy meals and foods again on our UDs, and get slim and trim and into cute little clothes.

I think you will really like it. And that getting slim and trim part too!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Since you are so short, I think you might be more successful and lose weight at a faster pace if you maybe cut your UDs back down to about1850 or so. That way you aren't feeding your body a lot of calories on your UDs to maintain as much of your body fat.
Thank you so very much Pat, for explaining it to me like that - I understand 100%.

So, here I go then : today is my first DD @ 500 C and tomorrow will be my first UD @ 1800 C.

Soooooo excited!!!!!! I just KNOW that this is going to work. Usually, when I re-start Atkins or WW, again, I almost know already that I'm not going to stick to it (which is probably a self-fulfilling prophecy, I know...), but this time, my first time on JUDD, I feel SO positive!

I think what appeals to me most, is that this WOE will help me to overcome my worst diet problem : my all-or-nothing way of thinking. On JUDD, there's nothing that's "never again" or off limits forever. Food, and carbs, do not turn into this magical forbidden fruit (literally ), it's just food, and you can eat it tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #373

Quote:
Thank you so very much Pat, for explaining it to me like that - I understand 100%.

So, here I go then : today is my first DD @ 500 C and tomorrow will be my first UD @ 1800 C.

Soooooo excited!!!!!! I just KNOW that this is going to work. Usually, when I re-start Atkins or WW, again, I almost know already that I'm not going to stick to it (which is probably a self-fulfilling prophecy, I know...), but this time, my first time on JUDD, I feel SO positive!

I think what appeals to me most, is that this WOE will help me to overcome my worst diet problem : my all-or-nothing way of thinking. On JUDD, there's nothing that's "never again" or off limits forever. Food, and carbs, do not turn into this magical forbidden fruit (literally ), it's just food, and you can eat it tomorrow.
Yup. For the rest of your life you get to eat anything you want to eat. Less of it on DDs, and more of it on UDs, but whatever you want it to be. If you respect your calorie ceilings, you are golden. It's kind of exciting to just know you're going to become slim, isn't it!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

It's 5pm in the afternoon in Cape Town, South Africa and ALL I've had today (my first DD) is 1 boiled egg and 2 cups of tea... and I feel fine!!! I'm really really surprised, to put it mildly. I boiled 2 eggs this morning, thinking I'd eat the first mid-morning and the other when I needed it - I haven't needed it yet.

I was a bit worried about being able to cope with hunger on my DD's, but not anymore

Although I must admit, my brain feels slightly "slower" than usual.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:15 AM   #375

Quote:
It's 5pm in the afternoon in Cape Town, South Africa and ALL I've had today (my first DD) is 1 boiled egg and 2 cups of tea... and I feel fine!!! I'm really really surprised, to put it mildly. I boiled 2 eggs this morning, thinking I'd eat the first mid-morning and the other when I needed it - I haven't needed it yet.

I was a bit worried about being able to cope with hunger on my DD's, but not anymore

Wow! You are doing so splendidly right off the bat! My early attempts were a shambles and very sad indeed when compared to your stellar fast on your first DD.

I think you are going to really ROCK the JUDDD!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:

I felt sort of weak and confused my first two DDs
(and they were a lot more calories than 1 egg, lol!)
but since then, I've been fine!
In fact, I often feel better & more clear-headed on my DDs than my UDs now!

Way to go!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ASHLEY2HAWAII
Stats: 196/186/125
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: RESTART 7-8-14
Hi Judders
Im comming from the HCG group. I had a bad round last month, my son was in the hospital for a all of October with Crohns, and dieting and stress was a bad combo. He is doing better and now I need to take care of me. I lost 13 and my hubby lost 30 so now we want to try this woe. It was so hard for him to stick to 500 every day, so this should be a peice of cake. (Only on up day).
Glad to join the group, looking forward to this Judd life style. Ive done our calender so that we will end up on UD for Thanksgiving .
Today is DOWN day for us.
Judd!

Last edited by ASHLEY2HAWAII; 11-15-2011 at 11:38 AM..
Old 11-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
Stats: 154/139/130 - 6 # lost on JUDDD
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
to all!! The more the merrier!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #379

Welcome.

Having a real good UD in between our DDs also is a big help in doing them successfully. Sort of loading every other day.

Glad to have you folks with us here. I think you're going to fit right in and have a great deal of success!

Hope your son feel much better now.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHLEY2HAWAII View Post
Hi Judders
Im comming from the HCG group. I had a bad round last month, my son was in the hospital for a all of October with Crohns, and dieting and stress was a bad combo. He is doing better and now I need to take care of me. I lost 13 and my hubby lost 30 so now we want to try this woe. It was so hard for him to stick to 500 every day, so this should be a peice of cake. (Only on up day).
Glad to join the group, looking forward to this Judd life style. Ive done our calender so that we will end up on UD for Thanksgiving .
Judd!
You will find a refreshing difference in the 500 calories on our DDs as opposed to the 500 calories via HCG! I did a number of rounds...each 40 days....and I look back and wonder how I did it!

Yes, it is time to take care of you right now!! So, a warm to you!!

I'm so glad to read your son is doing better!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Hello All!

and I just read that you are having an amazing first DD! WTG and nice to have your inspiration here with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHLEY2HAWAII View Post
Hi Judders
Judd!
and so glad your son is better. Crohns is a terrible disease and I hope he just keeps getting better and better! I think you and especially hubby are going to this WOE. After all where can you have your cake AND eat it, too and lose weight!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #382
Senior LCF Member

0.8 kg down this morning (1.7 pounds)

Today's my first UP ... hmmmmmmm!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #383

Quote:

Hey! It must be morning in your part of the world! Congratulations on such fast weight loss, and enjoy your UD today. Eat well, enjoy it completely, and know that it will fuel you well for another successful DD tomorrow. Both the Up And Down days work in such harmony with each other.

I'm off to bed. You have a great day!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Hi !

Hi, I know I have been posting here and there. I am doing HCG right now and almost at my 40 day max and ultimate goal

My plan is to do one week on P3 hcg and then move to JUDDD to maintain. I read here everyday to see all the great advice, support and success stories from everyone on the board. Really looking forward to my JUDDD journey!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #385

Quote:

and be sure to post this in our weight thread! Great inspiration for other Newbies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftwo View Post
Hi, I know I have been posting here and there. I am doing HCG right now and almost at my 40 day max and ultimate goal

My plan is to do one week on P3 hcg and then move to JUDDD to maintain. I read here everyday to see all the great advice, support and success stories from everyone on the board. Really looking forward to my JUDDD journey!
and can't wait to have you come over to the "Dark Side" and enjoy the benefits of JUDDD!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftwo View Post

Looking forward to your *official* arrival over here, but it's nice to have you with us like this until then too.

Good luck on the rest of your HCG/P3 until you start JUDDD. Hope you have great weight loss and then transition into the JUDDD plan smoothly.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I am considering trying JUDDD. I have been an Atkins follower since the beginning of the year and have lost about 25 pounds. I have been stuck there for months and months now and the scale is not budging.

I have a few concerns though. Might this trigger binge eating if I am prone to it? I also am concerned about "selling" this WOE to my partner who is doing Atkins with me.

I'm reading all the threads though!

Also, one other thought I have had, is anyone doing this by drinking protein shakes on DDs?

Last edited by janetsbreeze; 11-16-2011 at 08:44 AM..
Old 11-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
I am considering trying JUDDD. I have been an Atkins follower since the beginning of the year and have lost about 25 pounds. I have been stuck there for months and months now and the scale is not budging.

I have a few concerns though. Might this trigger binge eating if I am prone to it? I also am concerned about "selling" this WOE to my partner who is doing Atkins with me.

Also, one other thought I have had, is anyone doing this by drinking protein shakes on DDs?
Hello there and if you are reading the threads (I know, it can make you at times) you will see that some do have ED and are doing JUDDD with little or not problems at all. I'm sure they will kick in soon to give you some info. Some do the protein shakes with no problem, others like myself could never do them, I need to chew my calories.

As far as your partner, that is not something I feel I could answer. I think it's probably something you will figure out if you decide to do JUDDD.

Last edited by Beeb; 11-16-2011 at 09:00 AM..
Old 11-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #389

Quote:

I think the reason so many come to JUDDD here at LCF is because low carb ceases to bring them any weight loss. It's not just that it's restrictive.. weight loss plans have to restrict something, at sometime, in some way.. but we're willing to go along with some kind of restriction if we are slimming down. What is heartbreaking is when we just aren't slimming down, we've stopped far short of our goal, and we're following a plan that is finally just not working anymore. I'm so sorry.

Some of us here have history of disordered eating, binge issues, etc. so hopefully some will see this and come in to give you their encouragement. Otherwise, perhaps you could also post your concerns and questions about that on a specific individual thread here, so that more might see it. My problem was that I had gradually just got in the habit of overeating, and even grossly overeating, to a certain extent in quantity, but especially in calories. But no binge disorder sort of thing, so I'll let others visit with you about that.

If your partner were to do much reading about the length-of-life studies with regard to not just calorie restriction, but to fasting, it puts JUDDD in a very, very favorable light.

Hope to see you over here soon, where I feel pretty sure you will begin to experience weight losses again. It's very exciting. And rewarding. And... good eats! (As they say..... We have cookies.)
Old 11-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:

I'm trying JUDDD and liking it. We are both low carbers and I just don't eat as much on DD, but do have some of the same dinner I fix for hubby. It doesn't make it look like I am doing anything different and I am losing some weight. On UD's there is no difference at all. He makes his own breakfast and asks if I want some - I either say yes or no depending on the day. I only cook dinner. Yes, I am spoiled!! If I make an oat bran muffin I notice half is gone very soon, though as he thinks those are great. I can't eat a whole one.

I happen to like shakes so do use them. We live where it is quite warm all the time so do not drink many warm beverages. I mix a lot of ice with an Atkins shake - Mocha Latte is my fav - and add a cup of unsweetened almond milk and a bit more instant coffee to make a big drink I can sip on for quite a while.

Good Luck