Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOE: JUDDD
Okay - Okay! I'M IN!

I've been looking at JUDD and poking around in here off and on for months! I've low-carbed off and on (!) for YEARS because I always end up caving to my sweet tooth and blowing the entire LC deal!

So I restarted LC about 2 months ago, and I've been VERY good - I've lost 13 pounds. Yesterday I had the NERVE to have a piece of fried chicken, with actual breading on it *gasp* at a restaurant for lunch - didn't touch the fries and behaved all the rest of the day......UP 2 pounds this morning!

As soon as I saw that this morning, I thought *light bulb* "if I were on JUDD, that'd be no big deal, and today would just be a DD"!

So guess what?

TODAY'S MY FIRST DOWN DAY!!!!

Having tried intermittant fasting in the somewhat recent past, it didn't bother me at ALL not eating all day, and then just having dinner - so that's my plan for DD's. Can easily have a decent dinner for my allotted 450 calories!

I now return you to whatever YOU were doing.....while I go finishing reading all the pages of this thread! Only on Page FOUR....

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4

Sandelio!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #333
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Tracey and Sandelio! So nice to have you join the rest of us "JUDDD BUDDDs"!!

Looking forward to seeing your WooHoos and progress!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:15 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

DD went fine as I thought - didn't eat til dinner and then had no problem keeping it under 500 cals.

Travelling today for work - will be nice to be able to eat some "normal" food at the airport and at business dinner tonight!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:38 AM   #335
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelio View Post
DD went fine as I thought - didn't eat til dinner and then had no problem keeping it under 500 cals.

Travelling today for work - will be nice to be able to eat some "normal" food at the airport and at business dinner tonight!
Sandelio, sounds like you'll have no prob JUDDD!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:13 AM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
First let me say that I have tried JUDD on and off maybe 3-4 times over the past few years and never made it more than a week or two....my MO (never stick to anything for very long). I have however been a lurker on this site and read every single post for YEARS, as I truly believe it is a WOE that I could incorporate into a lifestyle...someday.

Something Pat said in the Whoo hoos thread the other day really hit home and created a lightbulb moment!

We all only get so many years on earth. It's a crying shame when we want to live these precious years in a slimmer body and the plan we are following isn't getting the job done for us. So we end up spending sometimes/often YEARS of our lives living in overweight and obese and sometimes morbidly obese bodies, looking out at a world we want to experience as a slim person, but we can't get there.

I know that there are people who simply don't want to count calories. Which means the actual measuring & weighing if you want to really be accurate. And folks all get to choose what they are going to do. And that includes what they're NOT going to do as well. It's their choice to NOT do JUDDD as well as their choice to give it a try for a few weeks.

This is just so true for me! Everytime I give up on JUDD, I'm "choosing" to fail once again. It really has been the story of my life. Just a little bit about me....I'm 65 (on Thanksgiving Day) and have been obese all my life and morbidly so for all of my adult life. I need a knee replacement and have become increasingly more immobile this past year....my doctor wants me to lose at least 50+lb before he'll do the surgery. I have a Y membership and enjoy water aerobics (when I get there), but motivation for that is a problem also. I have a wonderful, loving supportive family and husband and it has really hit home hard that if I don't do something NOW (like in yesterday), my lifespan is definitely going to be shortened....on medication for BP and cholesterol and borderline diabetic and a stroke/heart attack waiting to happen.

So....started JUDD yesterday with a 500 calorie DD and no excuses this time. I will be doing 500/2300 per the calculations, although won't throw in the towel like in the past if my DD's go 100-200 over. For the most part will be doing M-W-F DD's with a MD thrown in on the weekend somewhere. I have a L O N G road ahead of me, but am confident with the support of this great group I will succeed.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
Old 11-08-2011, 06:19 AM   #337
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
First let me say that I have tried JUDD on and off maybe 3-4 times over the past few years and never made it more than a week or two....my MO (never stick to anything for very long). I have however been a lurker on this site and read every single post for YEARS, as I truly believe it is a WOE that I could incorporate into a lifestyle...someday.

Something Pat said in the Whoo hoos thread the other day really hit home and created a lightbulb moment!

We all only get so many years on earth. It's a crying shame when we want to live these precious years in a slimmer body and the plan we are following isn't getting the job done for us. So we end up spending sometimes/often YEARS of our lives living in overweight and obese and sometimes morbidly obese bodies, looking out at a world we want to experience as a slim person, but we can't get there.

I know that there are people who simply don't want to count calories. Which means the actual measuring & weighing if you want to really be accurate. And folks all get to choose what they are going to do. And that includes what they're NOT going to do as well. It's their choice to NOT do JUDDD as well as their choice to give it a try for a few weeks.

This is just so true for me! Everytime I give up on JUDD, I'm "choosing" to fail once again. It really has been the story of my life. Just a little bit about me....I'm 65 (on Thanksgiving Day) and have been obese all my life and morbidly so for all of my adult life. I need a knee replacement and have become increasingly more immobile this past year....my doctor wants me to lose at least 50+lb before he'll do the surgery. I have a Y membership and enjoy water aerobics (when I get there), but motivation for that is a problem also. I have a wonderful, loving supportive family and husband and it has really hit home hard that if I don't do something NOW (like in yesterday), my lifespan is definitely going to be shortened....on medication for BP and cholesterol and borderline diabetic and a stroke/heart attack waiting to happen.

So....started JUDD yesterday with a 500 calorie DD and no excuses this time. I will be doing 500/2300 per the calculations, although won't throw in the towel like in the past if my DD's go 100-200 over. For the most part will be doing M-W-F DD's with a MD thrown in on the weekend somewhere. I have a L O N G road ahead of me, but am confident with the support of this great group I will succeed.
Hi Sherrie!! back to JUDDD! I really think it will help if you stay active on the forum - keeps yourself motivated and share the ups and downs and get help if you need it. That way if you're feeling down about a high DD (we all have them sometimes) we can cheer you on and you won't be tempted to give up without a real fight
Old 11-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

"We all only get so many years on earth. It's a crying shame when we want to live these precious years in a slimmer body and the plan we are following isn't getting the job done for us."

AND it's a crying shame we deprive ourselves of ENJOYING Holidays and birthdays too!!!

Old 11-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
to all the newbies that I missed the last couple of days.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:42 AM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
Sherrie--I remember you well. Remember that Leo lost well over 100 pounds with JUDDD. It took her a couple of years, and she had a number of stalls, but she kept with it and it all came off. Now she is maintaining at 145 and she is older as well and was morbidly obese as well--we need to look at the successes that happen if we can just stick to it! Me too!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I started last week for health reasons.

I tried it out a couple years ago and felt too hungry all the time. Seemed to carry over to UD.
Now I know to keep those days a little higher and it helps to put off eating as long as possible. Also will eat enough on UD.

My digestion is terribly slow so still playing w UD's.

Great information here. That really helps. Thanks everyone.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Welcome Jem!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: traceym1
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post

Hi Sherri,
This is how I would do with Judd and never stuck to it. I will now though. Reading "the eating man's diet" by thomas sharkey who Dr. Johnson mentioned, really clicked on a light bulb in me and now I feel very comfortable with this plan. I don't know how to explain it but it just made my outlook different and I have never felt this comfortable or normal with food.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ccrickett
Stats: 249(HW)199/134/145
WOE: LCtweaks/JUDDD
Start Date: '80's/90's/2000's/Nov 2010
Hi

I've been "loosely Judding" for a few weeks now (Thanks to Beeb & SoHappy & Pooti ) & figured its time to join in, 'cause it really does work.

I could get within 35 - 40 lbs of goal with any diet I ever tried, but always stalled or burned out at that point.

So I figured the only thing I had to lose was time. But I lost pounds too, and to my surprise I've broken through that setpoint and am still moving downwards.

I started out just kinda following the plan but not really strictly as I didn't expect it to work any better than my previous attempts at dieting (you know, read the book did the diet & stretched out the T-shirt) but I am now 15 lbs from goal and still on a downward trend.

Today is my first DD using my calorie limit from the Judd site. I think this plan is going to take me all the way to goal, something I thought I would never ever see.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrickett View Post
Hi

I've been "loosely Judding" for a few weeks now (Thanks to Beeb & SoHappy & Pooti ) & figured its time to join in, 'cause it really does work.

I could get within 35 - 40 lbs of goal with any diet I ever tried, but always stalled or burned out at that point.

So I figured the only thing I had to lose was time. But I lost pounds too, and to my surprise I've broken through that setpoint and am still moving downwards.

I started out just kinda following the plan but not really strictly as I didn't expect it to work any better than my previous attempts at dieting (you know, read the book did the diet & stretched out the T-shirt) but I am now 15 lbs from goal and still on a downward trend.

Today is my first DD using my calorie limit from the Judd site. I think this plan is going to take me all the way to goal, something I thought I would never ever see.
and !! So glad to have you here and seeing you are being successful to boot!! WTG!!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #346

to all the newbies I seem to miss almost everyday and glad to have you join the JUDDD Family!!

Can't wait to see all of you posting about the great losses you are having on JUDDD!

And remember one thing: It's JUDDD with 3 Ds, not 2!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Sherrie--I remember you well. Remember that Leo lost well over 100 pounds with JUDDD. It took her a couple of years, and she had a number of stalls, but she kept with it and it all came off. Now she is maintaining at 145 and she is older as well and was morbidly obese as well--we need to look at the successes that happen if we can just stick to it! Me too!
Yes, Leo was (and still is) my inspiration in all of this. I'm one who after a week of any plan wants the weight to be gone...Leo proves that slow and steady wins the race. Good to see you here too!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #348
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrickett View Post
Hi

I started out just kinda following the plan but not really strictly as I didn't expect it to work any better than my previous attempts at dieting (you know, read the book did the diet & stretched out the T-shirt) .

Hi Crickett! to the JUDDD forum! Congrats on losing weight and breaking through the setpoint! This is wonderful news! KUTGW!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #349
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
everyone! I'm new too and so far love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelio View Post
"We all only get so many years on earth. It's a crying shame when we want to live these precious years in a slimmer body and the plan we are following isn't getting the job done for us."

AND it's a crying shame we deprive ourselves of ENJOYING Holidays and birthdays too!!!

Wow, both quotes really hit home. Perfectly stated!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:24 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
I might as well introduce myself too. I'm an recovering Atkins dieter, who wasn't having any luck losing on that plan after years of being on it (losing and regaining remarkably fast after a carb relapse). I'm on Day 6 of JUDD and happy as as heck that I don't have to feel guilty eating an apple anymore. That never, ever felt right to me. That I could eat a piece of bacon but an apple - by god an apple will make you fat! It's so liberating to be free from the low carb mentality. I have lost 3 lbs in 6 days doing JUDDD. I'm so glad I found this sub-forum. Thank you all.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #351

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Skinjob So many of us can identify with this. ^ ^ ^

I'm glad you are here now and wish you only good fortune and easy weight loss.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
skinjob: your history sounds remarkably similar to mine (probably most on this forum). Many good people on this forum - so supportive. I have a window up to this site all the time. It has been my lifeline.

Hard to imagine that losing weight can be this easy and guilt free! I think, too, that people who have lost and learned to maintain have found JUDDD very easy to lifelong also. With a history of yo-yoing my entire life, it will be so great to learn along the way how to view food in a healthy and normal way. There are no forbidden foods. A fact I find as unusual as you do - I ate PB toast this morning for breakfast!! and.....no guilt! It's an UD for me!!

Welcome, and check back often.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
I might as well introduce myself too. I'm an recovering Atkins dieter, who wasn't having any luck losing on that plan after years of being on it (losing and regaining remarkably fast after a carb relapse). I'm on Day 6 of JUDD and happy as as heck that I don't have to feel guilty eating an apple anymore. That never, ever felt right to me. That I could eat a piece of bacon but an apple - by god an apple will make you fat! It's so liberating to be free from the low carb mentality. I have lost 3 lbs in 6 days doing JUDDD. I'm so glad I found this sub-forum. Thank you all.
and SO to have you in the JUDDD family!! I, too, like Pat and Vicki feel that your story is my story! Only on JUDDD did I ever feel this good about food, and the guilt is gone! It's a wonderful feeling and everyday is a good day when it comes to food!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #354
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
So glad you're here, SJ, and enjoying foods again on JUDDD.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #355
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: linda76017
newbie here

What is juddd
Old 11-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gardengoddess
Stats: 199 highest/187/157 current/130 5'2
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 9/5/2013
I am a recovering Atkins dieter also. I just have not been successful or happy in a long time. I have been checking out the threads in this forum and I'm going to give it a try. I'm tired of being disappointed in myself.

I haven't paid attention to calories in about 8 years, so that is the most challenging thing right now! Today is my first day - its an UP day.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda76017 View Post
What is juddd
JUDDD is a nickname for the Johnson Up Day Down Day way of losing weight and mending your broken body. It is a calorie cycling plan, often called an *alternate day* diet plan, where we cut calories drastically one day, and then eat way up at the top of our complete number of calories for total maintenance the next. In other words, we diet extremely one day, and don't diet at all the next. We're only on a diet half of the days of the month. The other half of the month, we're feasting!!! No dieting!

JUDDD doesn't have any rules about food choices. There are no food lists to eat from, and no lists of forbidden foods. You are free to eat any thing you want. LOL We have many here eating lower carb, and moderate carb, and some of us not paying one bit of attention to carbs at all.. they just fall where they fall.

The only thing JUDDD is interested in is the calorie numbers, which are somewhat personal to you, based on what number of calories you need to maintain your weight.
Then you use a fraction of that number for your dieting days.

If you look at the *sticky* posts at the top of our forum page, you will see the thread that will tell you about this plan.

But even better is just to start reading all the conversations here. And if you do, it isn't long before you come to realize that most everybody here is losing weight, and they're eating fabulous meals on all their Up Days, and they're happy, happy, happy. And they're actually doing all of the weight loss at the same time JUDDD is healing their body, so making it slimmer at the same time it's making it healthier.

Kinda' nice plan!

Last edited by SoHappy; 11-13-2011 at 03:08 PM..
Old 11-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengoddess View Post
I am a recovering Atkins dieter also. I just have not been successful or happy in a long time. I have been checking out the threads in this forum and I'm going to give it a try. I'm tired of being disappointed in myself.

I haven't paid attention to calories in about 8 years, so that is the most challenging thing right now! Today is my first day - its an UP day.
Welcome, Linda. You are about to stop being disappointed in yourself.

I believe that you will be losing weight shortly, and you will be enjoying many great meals that included some of the foods you've really been missing for a long, long time.

I'm so very glad you are joining us! You're going to LOVE it!
Old 11-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melissaconatser
WOE: Giving JUDDD a try!
I am more of a lurker than anything. I have lurked around LCF off and on for quite a long time. I have also been a low-carb dieter off and on for several years.

I've been overweight since I was 5 years old, with years of losing/gaining. Since I have been an adult, I have been as low as 170-ish and as high as around 265. So far, the only 2 ways I have found to lose weight (for me, anyway), is to eat only one meal a day or low-carb. The problem is, I haven't been able to make either of these eating styles a life long way of life. I love all the low-carb foods, but every now and then, I just want some mashed potatoes or a piece of bread! I also now have a hard time doing the one meal a day, because I get terrible stomach cramps if I don't eat something within a certain time period after waking. I have acid reflux, so I am not sure if that is why I cramp or what the issue is.

Wow, this is turning into a book! Sorry!

Anyway, I have looked at JUDD so many times and wondered if I could do it. I've decided that I can! I started today, with an UD, just because that is the best for my schedule.

I've been impressed with my first day, and I am looking forward to tomorrow. I want to see how I am going to handle only 500 calories, but I know I can do it!

Thanks for all the inspiration and support!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaconatser View Post
I am more of a lurker than anything. I have lurked around LCF off and on for quite a long time. I have also been a low-carb dieter off and on for several years.

I've been overweight since I was 5 years old, with years of losing/gaining. Since I have been an adult, I have been as low as 170-ish and as high as around 265. So far, the only 2 ways I have found to lose weight (for me, anyway), is to eat only one meal a day or low-carb. The problem is, I haven't been able to make either of these eating styles a life long way of life. I love all the low-carb foods, but every now and then, I just want some mashed potatoes or a piece of bread! I also now have a hard time doing the one meal a day, because I get terrible stomach cramps if I don't eat something within a certain time period after waking. I have acid reflux, so I am not sure if that is why I cramp or what the issue is.

Wow, this is turning into a book! Sorry!

Anyway, I have looked at JUDD so many times and wondered if I could do it. I've decided that I can! I started today, with an UD, just because that is the best for my schedule.

I've been impressed with my first day, and I am looking forward to tomorrow. I want to see how I am going to handle only 500 calories, but I know I can do it!

Thanks for all the inspiration and support!
I'm so glad you're here! I think you are going to do just fine on this plan, and the proof will be in your weight loss week after week, month after month..... all while you're only dieting half of the days and eating very, very well indeed the other days. We love it, and I expect you will too, very shortly!

JUDDD is such an easy plan. Just get your UD and DD calorie numbers right, don't go over those numbers, and just keep going. That's about it.

I'm with you about loving all those low carb foods! Some of my very favorite foods in the world are in that grouping! Well... and then some of my very favorite foods aren't in that low carb group at all, but on JUDDD, I still get to include them in my diet as well. Tonight was a wonderful beef roast, so juicy and tender, and also a baked potato.

Glad you're here with us!
Closed Thread