Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Ok!!! I just found out I cannot start a thread for a while - until I post more!

Rules are rules. I was not expecting such a rule!

Sad!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #302
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Leo I'm not sure what you're asking, there's no post amount tied to creating a thread, you just have to click "new thread" at the top left of the page.
The signature does require a certain # of posts (you've been registered long enough).
Old 11-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I tried to start a post and this is what I got:

you do not have permissions to do this!

the pages i get say " reply to thread" but i do not have the words "start a new thread"

I really appreciate your trying to help me so much - I just feel a bit down about it all.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #304
Administrator

Leona I'm not sure why it's telling you that, there's nothing wring with your account.
When you click off this thread and go to the forum, do you see the image below?
That's the button you have to click to start a thread, right below the "forum jump" box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newthread.jpg (38.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mll5872
Stats: 200/182/150 Ultimate goal; 1st goal 180 (10bls);
WOE: Low Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: Restart August 2011
Hello everyone!

Well, I'm not new to LCing but I am new to JUDDD. I recently started LCing again and have managed to loose 15 -18 lbs (depending on the scale) but it's been 6 weeks and the scale hasn't budged. I got to reading about JUDDD and decided why not give it a try and see if I can't get that scale to move. I'm LCing/JUDDDing to feel better. I was diagnosed as Pre-Diabetic with my A1C number sitting right at 99 and my cholesterol at 205. After the first six weeks of LCing, I am not longer on the A1C chart (Yea!) and my cholesterol is at 160. I weight every morning so, I hope to see some overall results soon (keeping in mind the Bouncing Ball analogy). I hope to report GREAT results soon.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mll5872 View Post
Well, I'm not new to LCing but I am new to JUDDD. I recently started LCing again and have managed to loose 15 -18 lbs (depending on the scale) but it's been 6 weeks and the scale hasn't budged. I got to reading about JUDDD and decided why not give it a try and see if I can't get that scale to move. I'm LCing/JUDDDing to feel better. I was diagnosed as Pre-Diabetic with my A1C number sitting right at 99 and my cholesterol at 205. After the first six weeks of LCing, I am not longer on the A1C chart (Yea!) and my cholesterol is at 160. I weight every morning so, I hope to see some overall results soon (keeping in mind the Bouncing Ball analogy). I hope to report GREAT results soon.

I had the same problem and managed to finally get below my stuck weight the first couple of days. Good luck to you!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #307
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
My Gosh, Guys! We've been running so much these last few days that I'm only getting moments to hastily get online, so I'm missing A LOT of the posts from everybody and just thought I'd better pop in here and see who's new, and.....

WOW! Lot's of new faces! This is so exciting! Woo Hoo!

Welcome to all of you! This plan of cycling the calorie intake between periods of feasting and periods of a fast can really give you the best of both worlds! And weight loss is just the beginning. It's exciting to have so many new JUDDD BUDDDs here.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mll5872 View Post
to JUDDD, mll!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeahGraceG
Stats: 150 (postpartum)/119.6/110 (someday after baby)
Start Date: Nov 2011
OK -- I'm going to try this. I'm almost 7 weeks postpartum and ready to start trying to peel these pounds off. Based on my food tracking, I think I'll start by setting my UD cals at 2500 and my DD cals at 1000. We'll see where that gets me. First DD tomorrow! Fingers crossed that this works for me...
Old 11-03-2011, 06:20 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dmburk
Stats: 260/174.5/190
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb 2011
Hello everyone...
I started low carbing Feb 2011 and lost 55 lbs so far. But the last 5 lbs took 3 months to lose and I seem to be stuck at 205. I really wanted to hit 'onderland' before the end of 2011 so I am considering this way of eating. I never thought I could do a 500 cal DD...but yesterday I did it..535 cal for the whole day! Now today I am starting the day with oatmeal! I've really missed it. I am just scared that i'll start something bad ( carb cravings) by upping carb intake. What do you think? Should I be worried about that?
Old 11-03-2011, 06:45 AM   #311
Administrator

It's very individual. You'll have to self test to see what sets off your cravings I'd suggest slowly adding any carbs in that you've been avoiding.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #312
Blabbermouth!!!

Leah! Let us know how it's going on the WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: How are You Doing Today? thread
Old 11-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmburk View Post
Hello everyone...
I started low carbing Feb 2011 and lost 55 lbs so far. But the last 5 lbs took 3 months to lose and I seem to be stuck at 205. I really wanted to hit 'onderland' before the end of 2011 so I am considering this way of eating. I never thought I could do a 500 cal DD...but yesterday I did it..535 cal for the whole day! Now today I am starting the day with oatmeal! I've really missed it. I am just scared that i'll start something bad ( carb cravings) by upping carb intake. What do you think? Should I be worried about that?
DMBurk! Congrats on a great weight loss so far and on starting JUDDD and having a great first DD.

Dottie gave you good advice to add back in carbs slowly and see how they effect you.

Some us can eat at least a little from all types of carbs and be fine, others must restrict a good deal more. But everyone is finding out what their limits are.

JUDDD has no food lists, so it's up to you how you want to do it. JUDDD is about the calorie cycling of the low DD and the high UD.

MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wallee
Stats: 147/142/140
Hey everyone! I've been lurking around here the past few days and taking in as much as I can. I've been a lc'er for quite some time, deviating from time to time, but always returning. I seem to be losing much slower this time and that's what brought me over to your threads. About a week ago I added 7-keto to my supplements and that seemed to get the scale moving but I'm going to give JUDDD a go, the variation appeals to me and I'm hoping it will get me to goal. More importantly, it seems like a plan that I can stick to for the long haul. My calories come out to about 500 DD and over 2000 UD. 2000 just seems SO high for me, I think I'll hang around 1800 and see how that goes for a bit. I'm going to start (along with my hubby, THAT should be interesting) this weekend! In the meantime, I'll be reading everything in here that I can, lol.

I love it over here already, you're all so friendly & supportive and share so much knowledge!! I'm looking forward to this new endeavor and it helps knowing I have such a great place to go with questions/concerns!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #315

I want to welcome you to the JUDDD Forum and let you know that you are going to do wonderfully here and be very welcomed by everyone. This is a friendly and helpful group, very successful themselves, and very encouraging to each other. You're going to love it, and the weight loss success is going to be fun too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
LeahGraceG[/B];15143934]OK -- I'm going to try this. I'm almost 7 weeks postpartum and ready to start trying to peel these pounds off. Based on my food tracking, I think I'll start by setting my UD cals at 2500 and my DD cals at 1000. We'll see where that gets me. First DD tomorrow! Fingers crossed that this works for me...
Despite the fact that your calories sound very high, you may find those numbers are just perfect for you, especially if you are nursing now! That does call for higher calories.

It's great to have a new mom join us here. You've got company here.. lots of moms! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
dmburk[/B];15145436]Hello everyone...
Sounds like you're off to a good start! If you set your calorie numbers correctly and follow them, JUDDD is going to work magic for you.

As to the oatmeal, I love it and eat it pretty often. Occasionally I even end a DD with a small bowl of it!

But..... as to the oatmeal and carbs in general, what you may experience initially is the return of some of your lost water weight. It isn't a gain of fat, it's just a gain of water weight as your body returns to storing some of your carb fuel along with water in your liver and muscle tissue, as Mother Nature designed it to work. So, just a little *heads up* there, in case you add some carbs back into your diet that you're not used to and trigger some water weight gain. I don't want you to be alarmed by any increase in your scale weight that has nothing to do with fat, and especially I don't want you to think JUDDD isn't working if this happens, because even if you gain a smidge from water weight, you will continue to lose FAT, and that's the ultimate goal, besides health overall, and (for me) to be able to eat more carbs again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Wallee[/B];15145745]Hey everyone! I've been lurking around here the past few days and taking in as much as I can. I've been a lc'er for quite some time, deviating from time to time, but always returning. I seem to be losing much slower this time and that's what brought me over to your threads. About a week ago I added 7-keto to my supplements and that seemed to get the scale moving but I'm going to give JUDDD a go, the variation appeals to me and I'm hoping it will get me to goal. More importantly, it seems like a plan that I can stick to for the long haul. My calories come out to about 500 DD and over 2000 UD. 2000 just seems SO high for me, I think I'll hang around 1800 and see how that goes for a bit. I'm going to start (along with my hubby, THAT should be interesting) this weekend! In the meantime, I'll be reading everything in here that I can, lol.

I love it over here already, you're all so friendly & supportive and share so much knowledge!! I'm looking forward to this new endeavor and it helps knowing I have such a great place to go with questions/concerns!
Hey, this is great! So we're going to be getting you, and maybe your DH too! That's like a *Buy One, Get One Free*! Yay!

I expect you both to do well with this. A lot of the success is finding foods and meals and ways/times of eating on your Down Days that allow you to keep to those low calories. After a short while, you become quite acclimated to those low calorie days, and don't feel much hunger on them, and then from that time on, it's easy peasy!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahGraceG View Post
OK -- I'm going to try this. I'm almost 7 weeks postpartum and ready to start trying to peel these pounds off. Based on my food tracking, I think I'll start by setting my UD cals at 2500 and my DD cals at 1000. We'll see where that gets me. First DD tomorrow! Fingers crossed that this works for me...
and congratulations on your new addition!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmburk View Post
Hello everyone...
Hi and

I was afraid that I would start cravings too after doing low carb but, on my birthday I actually not only had higher carbs but, I had sugar and grain carbs. I didn't over do it ... and I didn't have any cravings to deal with. I will say though that I did see a small up swing in my weight ... it was 2-3lbs and obviously water weight from glycogen storage.

I'd say that if you pay attention to what your body tells you, you can learn what might trigger you and what won't and then you can adjust as you go along. If you add those carbs you want to eat one at a time you can easily catch anything that might be a problem for you and maybe try to add it at a later date if it's something that you really don't want to live without.

I've found that not having any "forbidden foods" has actually made them less powerful and not as important as I thought they were when they were forbidden. If I want cookies and milk I can have it ... funny thing is I haven't bothered to do that yet even on UDs when I'm trying to get my calories up.

I hope that you really enjoy that oatmeal!
Old 11-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #318
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: selamom
Hi Everyone,

I have been doing hcg and am frustrated! A few people in my family are doing it as well and are having success, but I'm not losing enough to justify how tortured I feel to be honest.

Anyway, I am considering trying JUDDD. I've been reading the forum and I'm very intrigued. I had an up day on Wednesday (on hcg that's called a CHEAT) and a down day yesterday (also known as being on protocol). Today I've decided to do an up day and then another down day tomorrow and "test the waters."

I appreciate all the information here

selamom
Old 11-04-2011, 07:50 AM   #319

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Hey Selamom, On my HCG round I'm doing JUDDD and EFGT so my UpDays are just updays, not cheats, and it's great so far. If you know how rogue I am you might run away screaming! LOL Check out some of the Rogue HCG threads while you are here, you will finds some fun and wild ideas!

Welcome and I hope you find that JUDDD gives you the options you need to succeed.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallee View Post
Hey everyone! I've been lurking around here the past few days and taking in as much as I can. I've been a lc'er for quite some time, deviating from time to time, but always returning. I seem to be losing much slower this time and that's what brought me over to your threads. About a week ago I added 7-keto to my supplements and that seemed to get the scale moving but I'm going to give JUDDD a go, the variation appeals to me and I'm hoping it will get me to goal. More importantly, it seems like a plan that I can stick to for the long haul. My calories come out to about 500 DD and over 2000 UD. 2000 just seems SO high for me, I think I'll hang around 1800 and see how that goes for a bit. I'm going to start (along with my hubby, THAT should be interesting) this weekend! In the meantime, I'll be reading everything in here that I can, lol.

Walleee!!! So glad to have you here!
Old 11-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selamom View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have been doing hcg and am frustrated! A few people in my family are doing it as well and are having success, but I'm not losing enough to justify how tortured I feel to be honest.

Anyway, I am considering trying JUDDD. I've been reading the forum and I'm very intrigued. I had an up day on Wednesday (on hcg that's called a CHEAT) and a down day yesterday (also known as being on protocol). Today I've decided to do an up day and then another down day tomorrow and "test the waters."

I appreciate all the information here

selamom
Selamom, to JUDDD! Enjoy it here!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #322
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcomes and the info! I just read one of the hcg rogue threads. Interesting stuff! So I know I'm counting calories on DD. Am I counting on UD as well? Are there any good Android apps out there that you use to track?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #323

I hope you find that JUDDD is what you're looking for, selamom.

It's not touted to be a real fast way to lose the weight, although we sure have some here who are practically melting before our eyes! But it is very remarkable that we do lose weight well by doing the low calorie diet phase only every other day. And the opposing Up Day is when we nourish our bodies, enjoy any foods we want to include in our menus, and - basically - aren't even on a diet at all. Can't beat that.

I hope you'll join us here permanently!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #324

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Selamom, you do count calories on the up days, but your UpDay is your upper calorie limit so you can do with those calories anything you like, within your chosen WOE.
The idea is to create a deficit one day and to eat normally the next to keep your metabolism from thinking it's starving and slowing down.

My UpDays on HCG have been EFGT ratios of 60+%Fat, and around 20% each protein and Carbs, but because I'm on HCG I'm staying at 80 of calories instead of max.

My down days are similar to protocol Omaha Style with my own personal tweaks and tend to be equally fat, carb and protein and around 500 Kcal.

HCG JUDDDing EFGT style has gotten me 1.76lb lighter in the past 3 days.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 11-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Welcome to the board everyone!

Sela - a lot of us use My Fitness Pal to track our calories. There is an app at both the android and apple markets.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:33 AM   #326
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for all your help! I had an UD Friday and a DD yesterday and I lost 2 lbs. I am thrilled! Together w/ my HCG losses, I'm at 12.6 lbs down. Yay! Have a great day
Old 11-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by selamom View Post
Thanks for all your help! I had an UD Friday and a DD yesterday and I lost 2 lbs. I am thrilled! Together w/ my HCG losses, I'm at 12.6 lbs down. Yay! Have a great day
This is pretty exciting to hear! 12.6 pounds is a pretty significant chunk of weight to have lost, and I'm excited that your weight loss is continuing at this time with JUDDD also allowing you to enjoy the dining freedom of UDs as weight loss continues. Congrats!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #328
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
to all I have missed! I hope you all enjoy JUDDD and all the wonderful JUDDD BUDDDs on this forum and may you all be LOSERS!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: traceym1
Hi,
I am new to this and started a couple days ago. I am really feeling this is the way for me. It is very freedom feeling and normal. I read Dr, J a long time ago and have it on order to read again but in the meantime I am reading a Wonderful bood called The Eating Man's Diet by Thomas Sharkey, whom Dr. J mentioned. This book is really a good read. Dr. J gets into the science but Sharkey gets into the psychological part of it. He also tells about his experience. It talks about making this a habit such as eating is. It is hard to explain but so worth reading and so motivating. I feel I can do this for life. He gives floors middles and ceilings to how to use your calories and that helps with "not blowing it" diet mentality also, I feel. It is an old book, but I purchased mine on Amazon. I hope you alll get it so we can discuss it.

BTW, it is so nice to eat carbs again and not feel guilty. I use to bloat when i ate them, probably because I binged on them. But I no longer bloat! and I just received TOM so how odd and how good that feels. I just don't feel the need to binge, I guess I feel normal and that is how we are suppose to feel.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceym1 View Post
Hi,
I am new to this and started a couple days ago. I am really feeling this is the way for me. It is very freedom feeling and normal. I read Dr, J a long time ago and have it on order to read again but in the meantime I am reading a Wonderful bood called The Eating Man's Diet by Thomas Sharkey, whom Dr. J mentioned. This book is really a good read. Dr. J gets into the science but Sharkey gets into the psychological part of it. He also tells about his experience. It talks about making this a habit such as eating is. It is hard to explain but so worth reading and so motivating. I feel I can do this for life. He gives floors middles and ceilings to how to use your calories and that helps with "not blowing it" diet mentality also, I feel. It is an old book, but I purchased mine on Amazon. I hope you alll get it so we can discuss it.
BTW, it is so nice to eat carbs again and not feel guilty. I use to bloat when i ate them, probably because I binged on them. But I no longer bloat! and I just received TOM so how odd and how good that feels. I just don't feel the need to binge, I guess I feel normal and that is how we are suppose to feel.
Hi Tracey! to JUDDD!

That book sounds interesting and I'm going to try to get it.

I know, isn't it great to eat without the guilt? And I'm retaining much less water on JUDDD than I was on LC too!
Closed Thread