Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LaurieKeren
Stats: 198.6/191.4/120
WOE: moderate low carb; healthy food choices
Start Date: 05/27/2014 (this time, haha)
So here's what I'm thinkin'

I keep reading about JUDDD and all the good it has done for all of you, and I'll admit, I'm a little a-skeered of those down days. But, it all makes sense to me.

My husband is 6'2" and only a little overweight (small boned, weighs usually between 200-210 lbs). It drives him crazy to be overweight. He comes from a thin family and he was painfully thin growing up and sickly thin (got as low as 130 lbs) as a young adult until he treated his thyroid with radiation (due to Graves disease). Since then (about 20 years ago), he has had to deal with a little extra weight.

When I started hearing about JUDDD on this message board, my first thought was that DH would thrive on this diet! He isn't scared of hunger, but he is a foodie through and through. He won't change the way he eats. He will never go low carb, or low fat, or vegetarian, or whatever. The two things he CAN do is withhold food, and eat what he wants. LOL, sounds like JUDDD to me!

I told him about JUDDD and he is all for it, lol. He has already done 2 DDs and 1 UD (today is another UD), and he is already down 3 lbs! I think he will love this WOE.

Of course, I think he looks fine as he is right now, but it has been driving him crazy to have this 20 lbs of extra weight for the last 15 years. This will make him happy.

Sigh. I wish I had only 20 lbs to lose, ha!

For myself, I'm a little nervous. I've never been good at being hungry, lol. But, yesterday, I felt like I could eat less, and so I did. I made it through just fine! I think I ate around 600 calories (at my height, it should be closer to 400), but its a start. I just might be able to do this!

I may just give this WOE a try!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
It sounds like you're off to a great start!

Today is my first real DD, and after getting in the extra calories yesterday (hundreds more than I'm used to on strict LC) I woke up not freaking out about the low calories I'll be consuming today. So I think it's really important to get all your calories in on your UD. There is a calorie calculator at johnsonupdaydowndaydiet that both you and your husband can use to figure out how many calories you need on UD and DD.

Again, I think it's important from what I've read and experienced just this little bit so far to not skimp on your UD calories, but get to that limit or as close as you can. This way your body is not going into conservation mode on your DD (and inhibiting weight loss). Plus as I said, I don't feel panicked about the low calories ahead today.

I think you and your DH will find great support here, I know I have. It sounds like it's a plan he can thrive on too!

Good luck
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieKeren View Post
I keep reading about JUDDD and all the good it has done for all of you, and I'll admit, I'm a little a-skeered of those down days. But, it all makes sense to me.

My husband is 6'2" and only a little overweight (small boned, weighs usually between 200-210 lbs). It drives him crazy to be overweight. He comes from a thin family and he was painfully thin growing up and sickly thin (got as low as 130 lbs) as a young adult until he treated his thyroid with radiation (due to Graves disease). Since then (about 20 years ago), he has had to deal with a little extra weight.

When I started hearing about JUDDD on this message board, my first thought was that DH would thrive on this diet! He isn't scared of hunger, but he is a foodie through and through. He won't change the way he eats. He will never go low carb, or low fat, or vegetarian, or whatever. The two things he CAN do is withhold food, and eat what he wants. LOL, sounds like JUDDD to me!

I told him about JUDDD and he is all for it, lol. He has already done 2 DDs and 1 UD (today is another UD), and he is already down 3 lbs! I think he will love this WOE.

Of course, I think he looks fine as he is right now, but it has been driving him crazy to have this 20 lbs of extra weight for the last 15 years. This will make him happy.

Sigh. I wish I had only 20 lbs to lose, ha!

For myself, I'm a little nervous. I've never been good at being hungry, lol. But, yesterday, I felt like I could eat less, and so I did. I made it through just fine! I think I ate around 600 calories (at my height, it should be closer to 400), but its a start. I just might be able to do this!

I may just give this WOE a try!
A BIG TO YOU!! I'm sure you have read my posts about how I this WOE, and also how I was freaking thinking I couldn't eat just low calories, even one day. Well, here is what happens: As the UDs and DDs move along, week after week, you get to a point that your DDs are a snap because............YOU JUST AREN'T HUNGRY on your DDs (most time) and it's because if you eat to almost your UD calorie ceiling, it covers through the DDs with ease. At least this is what I have been finding. I started with my DDs at my tweak of 700 cals and now I'm in maintance and can eat up to 900 cals but the problem is I can't seem to get that high because.........I'M JUST NOT HUNGRY!! Never in my wildest dreams would I EVER thought I could say those words! I'm a foodie, too and LOVE to eat, but word just isn't the focus anymore because.......THERE ARE NO RESTRICTED FOODS ON JUDDD! And the mental was more of the problem for me than the food itself was!

Read the posts on here, see what others are saying. WTG for DH and it looks like this WOE is a perfect fit for him. Give it a try, maybe it will be for you, also!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
It sounds like you're off to a great start!

Today is my first real DD, and after getting in the extra calories yesterday (hundreds more than I'm used to on strict LC) I woke up not freaking out about the low calories I'll be consuming today. So I think it's really important to get all your calories in on your UD. There is a calorie calculator at johnsonupdaydowndaydiet that both you and your husband can use to figure out how many calories you need on UD and DD.

Again, I think it's important from what I've read and experienced just this little bit so far to not skimp on your UD calories, but get to that limit or as close as you can. This way your body is not going into conservation mode on your DD (and inhibiting weight loss). Plus as I said, I don't feel panicked about the low calories ahead today.

I think you and your DH will find great support here, I know I have. It sounds like it's a plan he can thrive on too!

Good luck
Exactly what I was saying in my reply to you!! UDs carry over to the DDs! It REALLY DOES WORK!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, ya'll! I'm looking forward to being part of the group!
LaurieKeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
You are so welcome here, and you and your husband are going to get into this plan and absolutely THRIVE!

It's truly wonderful to have you join us, and please tell your DH how happy we are that he will be another JUDDDer too. Apparently he is already reaping some of the early rewards. THREE pounds gone already? That's fast!

SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
Good for you Laurie!
faithgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all of the responses!

We went camping this weekend, and I'll be honest and say that we pretty much had three up days in a row, lol! Back to a down day today!
LaurieKeren is offline   Reply With Quote