Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
A Pleasant Side Effect To Juddd?

I have been judding for 6 weeks now....and just finished my TOM.

Well...I didn't have ONE cramp! Not an ache or a twinge!

Sure I bloated up before...and had the usual grumps/feeling low..but once tom arrived...a bit lighter..but completely normal...and no pain!

Since I was 13 I have had the most awful cramps...prescription painkillers, hotwater bottles, crying...really awful.

I am just wondering if this is a side effect of juddd...I heard it can help asthma...though its unknown why...so perhaps it helps with this too?

I hope it is...what a difference it will make to me every month!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
I have been judding for 6 weeks now....and just finished my TOM.

Well...I didn't have ONE cramp! Not an ache or a twinge!

Sure I bloated up before...and had the usual grumps/feeling low..but once tom arrived...a bit lighter..but completely normal...and no pain!

Since I was 13 I have had the most awful cramps...prescription painkillers, hotwater bottles, crying...really awful.

I am just wondering if this is a side effect of juddd...I heard it can help asthma...though its unknown why...so perhaps it helps with this too?

I hope it is...what a difference it will make to me every month!

hugs
Jo
x
Good news for you Joedi. I used to have horrid cramps and pains too, but I think I could attribute mine more to weight loss in general. I used to weigh 240 lbs, and I would have the most horrid periods, and heavy heavy flow.. and now... normal as can be and mostly pain free from cramps, it got less the less I weighed...

Either way, yeah for you!!!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Very happy to hear you felt well this time, and will be keeping my fingers crossed that it continues. If it's something as simple as JUDDD, that's an easy insurance policy to keep each month being reasonable from now on. Yay!

There are a whole list of things that the calorie cycling and calorie restriction studies have shown as absolutely being enhanced and improved from the plans, including hormone/enzymes levels, so maybe...
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
i've always had a fairly irregular period when I'm not on the pill, and a week after I started JUDD, my period came back on its own after a 2 month hiatus! could be coincidence, but who knows?
avecrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
Oh I hope it is a side effect and hope it affects me! I would also be thrilled if it got rid of the headaches I usually get, too.
faithgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hey Jo & others, I can FINALLY comment here because I'm having my first
TOM on JUDDD

No cramps so far. I used to get horrid ones when I was younger, but they aren't usually bad now anyway, however there is usually at least a twinge, you know? Not this month.

No bloating. This one threw me for a The entire time on LC I felt bloated. There was maybe a week or so out of each month when water went down (I measured regularly). Have had very little water retention on JUDDD when I'm sticking to my calorie limits. On LC, I could count on the whole time before and during TOM to add weight on the scale. On JUDDD, I lost weight just before TOM and actually made goal the first day of it!

Breakouts. I've had some pimples come up, but there are no big, hard cysts!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Another update. Ol Tom's been doing something odd the last few months where it comes lightly - lightly for about 4 days then when you think it's about gone it turns around and charges in So that happened today with real mild cramps - not sharp cramps, more like a low level ache for a few minutes at a time.

I'll update as the weeks/months go by and see if anything else changes.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
I hope the same happens for me!!! This is great news
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:37 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, this diet does seem to alter Tom! Low carb make mine lighter and less crampy, the first one after a month of juddd had NO cramps at all!
It's weird, but I am almost looking forward to the next one, in a couple of days, just to see if the no pain thing holds!
Is it just juddd sophie, or was low carb making a difference anyway?
I have got to this weight before, still with awful period pains, so I know it is the lc/juddd doing it, not the weight loss.
Keep us posted!
Jo
X
Old 11-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yes, this diet does seem to alter Tom! Low carb make mine lighter and less crampy, the first one after a month of juddd had NO cramps at all!
It's weird, but I am almost looking forward to the next one, in a couple of days, just to see if the no pain thing holds!
Is it just juddd sophie, or was low carb making a difference anyway?
I have got to this weight before, still with awful period pains, so I know it is the lc/juddd doing it, not the weight loss.
Keep us posted!
Jo
X
I am thinking I'll see the real result of JUDDD on my periods when I'm another month in. I've always had whacky period issues having the hormone probs I've had. For example, there have been times where I've had looong cycles and only got a period 4 - 6 x year.

They've been fairly regular over the last year, but since LC, some more oddities have happened. For one thing, they are becoming very regular. Pretty much depend on it happening on the 1st day of the month, or at least by the 4th.

But for the last year (before LCg which I started in the summer) I started getting completely zonked for about a week during my cycle. I mean no energy and just an overall feeling of malaise. I didn't connect it to hormones until over the summer. Before that I thought it was because I ran out of allergy meds and it was allergies causing it.

Anyway, it didn't happen every month.

But when I started LC it would happen and/or I would get flu-like symptoms during my cycle too! Like hours of nausea, dizziness, malaise.

I don't know if my body was adjusting to severe hormonal shifts/changes due to new eating, or what.

It also happened during the beginning of this period, the first on JUDDD, but the symptoms lasted only 4 - 5 hours. Weirdest thing. When I look it up online, I don't get many answers, just women who report the same thing and wonder what is is.

Oh, I also started breaking out around my chin, jaw, neck on Thurs - today but no cysts. Still, I can tell it's very much inflammation and I think it was set off by Wed. night's Halloween candy eating and overdoing the alcohol. Plus just hormonal shift since Tom should be leaving soon.

Anyway, this is more than anyone wanted to know about my cycles I'm sure, lol. I'll keep updating as more cycles go by on JUDDD and see how I do.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:44 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

It's fascinating how our woe effects more than our weight!
Just started Tom, usual symPtoms b4, tired, a little emotional a bit of bloat, but NO pain!
Started when just about to leave for an impromptu fireworks party (fifth of November here), normally I would have been reluctant to go, taken painkillers and a heat pad.
Instead I had an awesome night, running about after the kids, setting off Chinese lanterns, and a long walk home at midnight!
Still no pain this morning!
I really hope other judders get this side effect!
Hugs
Jo
X
Old 11-06-2011, 05:05 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: misslowcarbdiva
Stats: 173/138/135
WOE: 72 Atkins
Start Date: Mid Nov (got serious)
I have only been doing Judd for a week and I can tell you my pleasant side effect has been that I am sleeping alot better. No more waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom only to lay in bed wide awake. And I feel refreshed when I wake up.
misslowcarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
But for the last year (before LCg which I started in the summer) I started getting completely zonked for about a week during my cycle. I mean no energy and just an overall feeling of malaise. I didn't connect it to hormones until over the summer. Before that I thought it was because I ran out of allergy meds and it was allergies causing it.
That can be a symptom of iron deficiency anemia...the blood loss can trigger it. Just wanted to bring it up in case it continues or seems to apply to you. Your red blood cell production gets behind during TOM and tiredness results. Weight loss in general is tough on anemias for some reason too.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
That's something that is sure easy to check. You could get it done through one of the
prepaid lab options like saveonlabs.com for about $14 or just go donate blood and they
check it for free as part of the screening test.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
My TOM was a lot easier too, just a couple weeks after starting JUDDD.
Less intense cramps and a shorter period; just about 2.5 days instead of 3-4,
and no spotting afterward--when it was over, it was over!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Breakouts. I've had some pimples come up, but there are no big, hard cysts!
I also experienced this w/my first TOM. It's only the first one tho so I'll wait and see if it repeats next one. I could be VERY happy w/this (even more so than any weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!)
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Its great to hear other ladies having a better tom, due to juddd! I was hoping it wasn't just me!
I know juddd is reputed to reduce inflamation...wonder if that is why we are seeing these effects?
I am having the best tom this month since I started at 13!
Not one spot or pimple, not cramps...just the slightest hardly noticible tummy ache. Been out and about these first two days...walked miles.
now..if I can keep maintaining too..I am sorted!
Hugs
Jo
x
Old 11-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

This is neat that I can look back over the first period on JUDDD and compare it to the 2nd period that just started tonight.

I have just the slightest cramps right now, but barely there.

NO pimples at all this time!!

And I didn't have any of that weird tiredness or feeling like I was coming down with the flu at all this cycle!

The only thing remotely like that was on Saturday night I had bad allergy symptoms like I was coming down with a cold (nose needed constant blowing, throat a little scratchy, eyes watery), but it was gone when I woke up the next day.

For about a week or so around ovulation, I was losing a lot of hair, but that's gone back to the normal amount of shedding now. I have very thick hair, and if I think about it I do have cycles where I seem to lose a lot in the shower or comb, but then it tapers off and remains as thick as ever.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 11-29-2011 at 08:10 PM..
Old 11-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Hey sophie!
I was looking for this thread a couple days ago, but couldn't remember what it was called...

Just had my second TOM since starting JUDDD...overall better/shorter than pre-JUDDD.
I think there was something specific I wanted to post, but can't remember it now!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:36 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

That's awesome Sophie & PJ! Not have lots of spots is a definate bonus, as is the total lack of pain! My Tom is in a few days, and if this one is pain free too, I will know it is juddd!

Now, if I can get my fd to fall on my mad hungry pre-Tom day I will be delighted!
Hugs
Jo
X
Old 11-30-2011, 04:40 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Oh - I hope I'm someone this works for!! Although my last TOM before JUDDD was amazingly pain free - first time in ages (and I mean decades!) that I didn't need a heat pad - or more than a couple of painkillers. Could be my age though!!

Last edited by MintQ8; 11-30-2011 at 04:50 AM..
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:26 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melissaconatser
WOE: Giving JUDDD a try!
I have never had a normal period, unless I was on birth control pills. When I was younger, I would only have a couple periods a year, and they would be very heavy, long and painful. I always noticed that if I lost weight that they would become more normal and less painful. After the birth of my second son, I had the Mirena (IUD) put in. Supposedly with that, most people do not have periods. Well, anytime I would go on LC and begin losing weight, I would start spotting. I could always tell if I was on the right track because if I was, I would be spotting. Problem is, sometimes the spotting would last up to 2 weeks. It was almost always just light spotting, with no cramps. Since starting JUDDD, I had my week long of spotting last week. It stopped after a week, so I am hoping that it is going to be a regular, monthly thing. With LC, I would spot sporadically, sometimes a couple weeks out of the month. We shall see...
melissaconatser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
I don't think I've had TOM since starting JUDDD, if I did it was just after I started juddd. LC helped a lot with cramps but if weight loss in general helps with that, that could possibly be why I don't have nearly the cramps I did before losing weight.

Another thing I've noticed (TMI alert, sorry) on lc, I would drink and drink and drink and drink, etc. water allllll day long but hardly ever got a call of nature, plus I felt bloated all the time. On juddd, I still drink and drink and drink (and drink) water alllll day long but nature calls more frequently and I'm not nearly as bloated.
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

So...I was just thinking today that TOM is missing?? Could this be a JUDDD thing? I did frequently miss before having kids but never since. My cycles are 29-30 days so it's usually the same start date each month - around the 26th. Looking above, I see my comment from Nov 6th and I remember I was completely done by that point! So...it's been enough time!???

DH and I have used precautions religiously and avoided optimal time (still using what I learned while trying to conceive, LOL)...so I seriously doubt I'm pregnant.

Any other JUDDDers missing their periods? (I usually get splitting migraines the day before so I know it's not going to be here tomm )

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:43 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Well, I must be the oddball my TOM came 2 days early (2 cycles in November) and is still lingering, day 7 of TOM. Deanne, it never hurts to test - just costs a $1. I'm all for knowing rather than wondering.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:05 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Just had my first TOM since JUDDD and happy to report a very easy period. No cramps. Light flow. Amazing!
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #27

Old woman here, wishing I'd had the benefit of eating on the JUDDD plan back when I was a young woman. LOL Happy for you gals about this. Anything that helps ease the pain of TOM for those who suffer is certainly welcome!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Old woman here, wishing I'd had the benefit of eating on the JUDDD plan back when I was a young woman. LOL Happy for you gals about this. Anything that helps ease the pain of TOM for those who suffer is certainly welcome!
Whenever you say this, I find myself looking behind you in your avi for this "old woman"!

You neither look or sound anything like an old woman!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 12-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #29

Quote:
Whenever you say this, I find myself looking behind you in your avi for this "old woman"!

You neither look or sound anything like an old woman!

hugs
Jo
x
LOL.. well, not a decrepit or frail or infirm old person. Still pretty active and strong and interested in life.

But.. I can't quite see folks of 68 years still qualifying for *middle age* status. Thus.. old age it is.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

I agree Jodi - SoHappy even has an avi that sounds young

TOM finally appeared today. I am SO happy. I never got the pre-PMS migraine so I'm flabbergasted. I did get the pre-PMS inflammation so we'll see if that clears up too. Those migraines were so bad sometimes my eyes watered so I'll take that and hope it's permanent!

Everyone report back next month?? Heehee...