Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 05:35 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
So weird, TOM is a couple days late so far for me too, and my cycles had been so regular to the same starting day for over 6 months. Hoping it arrives soon and that I get all these pleasant side effects!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Guess I spoke too soon, because today - four days into my period - the flu/allergy thing started in on me. I've been miserable for the last several hours. Also, my period is still acting like it has been for some time now... barely there for a few days and then comes on fairly hard.

Plus, I had uterine crampage last night and it was still going on when I woke up this a.m. Has been happening off and on during the day, or I just noticed it now and then. It's not severe cramps, I'd say light to medium at times.

What's even weirder is, I almost never get any cramps with my periods anymore, have barely had any problems over recent years.

The last 2 days, I've had what feels like gastritis and intestinal difficulties, to put it as delicately as I can.

I see my gyno in Feb. for my yearly checkup, and I'm definitely going to mention this to her. I've been dealing with the weird illness sometime during my cycle for months now, although looking back I think it started off and on back in Sept. 2010.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
aw, mang! that sucks!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Am feeling a little better now. The worst of it was between 2 and 6 p.m. today. That's about consistent with the window of time I get the flu/cold/allergy/malaise symptoms each time.

Weird that I've got cramping though.

I've been researching this like I do every month when I'm in this sicky state. Not a lot out there, just a lot of women reporting the same symptoms and wondering what it is.

Main idea is that it's the white blood cells (immune system) lowering at this TOM. Somehow affected by the hormones.

Mystery, but I can't stand this every month. All I can say is I'm lucky it's just a short time for me, and not on-going like it is for some women. I'm going to try things to raise the immunity, once I figure out how.

Also read that it could be estrogen dominance and that progesterone cream could help.

So many idea on what it "could" be...

Last edited by sophiethecat; 12-03-2011 at 03:24 PM..
Old 12-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Sophie - I've got that uterine cramping thing too. I've never heard of it before and I have certainly never experienced it! Well...actually it kind of feels like labour! It was terribly painful.

I failed on my DD today. I'm probably at like 700 so far and I plan on eating more if I have to...I've been yelling my head off today. The kids have ripped ordaments off the tree, destroyed one of my plants and created a "snow" scene in the playroom that took 2 hours to clean up. I know near fasting is not helping w/the stress and my emotional state...plus TOM...I just needed to get one thing off the plate

2 more hours till I can relax!!!!!!!!

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I seem to be ovulating WAAAAAYY early this month.
I just had TOM on the 26th, so this is only the 11th day...

Well, maybe that's why I haven't seen a loss in a few weeks.
Hormones are acting up!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

My period has been doing its usual thing of coming so light it's not really there for several days, and then bam, there it is. Today its really here. I'm still wanting to document each month on JUDDD and note any changes...

I had the worst breakout before Tom came this time that I've had since starting JUDDD. It was 2 painful pimples on my face, oh and a strange one on my ear, and 2 small cysts under my jaw. They all healed up a couple days ago and thankfully all is clear again!

Only the mildest of cramping so far today, don't really notice it.

I'm a bit nervous because four days into my last period, I got that terrible flu/allergy attack that last about four hours. So hoping it doesn't get me this time around!! It's truly a miserable thing that lands me flat on my back, sick on the couch. I also had cramps on that day too. And a couple days before that, got gastritis symptoms. Unfortunately, the gastritis symptoms showed up a few days ago, so does this mean the cycle is going on as usual?

I do not want the pain and the horrible flu sensations, especially since the timing means it would likely hit me on NYE or NYD, when I need to feel good!!

Oh well, worrying about it won't help. I will try to take excellent care of myself this week, and hope for the best.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mine was several days early this month...should have been around Christmas, and it was a few day before, so that was a nice little present!

I just hope this was a fluke, and I won't be having shorter cycles.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I have Mirena and haven't had a period in almost 7 years. I love birth control!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
I have always had 35-38 day cycles. ALWAYS. always made my babies late, but really they weren't I just wasn't a typical 28 day cycle person and it threw everything off.

Since starting JUDDD I am 28 days exactly! last 2 months. man oh man i really, really loved only having 10 periods a year.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I have Mirena and haven't had a period in almost 7 years. I love birth control!
I have the Mirena, too but I never lost my periods Those things only last 5 years. I hope you had it replaced 2 years ago. You'll become more than Keira's mom.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #42

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
So true! I haven't had it replaced actually. I went in last year and my insurance ended up not covering it. My OB sent me home so she could fight with the insurance and it never got approved. She told me it wouldn't hurt anything to leave it in, but to take additional precautions just in case. The fact that I am still not having a period makes me think it's still working because I had an extremely regular period before getting it. We do, however, take additional precautions because I am determined that Keira will be an only child, much as that saddens her. (She still asks if we can adopt a Haitian orphan, such a sweet kid!)

I have new insurance now, but we moved about 6 months ago and I haven't found a new doctor or OB yet. I know, I know, I absolutely need to! Who has the time?

TMI, but I got on a roll.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Menopause was no fun until I got my hormones straightened out with bio-identicals. However, it sure is nice to not ever think about periods, cramps, and or bloating each month! Sorry for you guys.....
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Some cramping yesterday evening, nothing too bad.

The gastritis left by yesterday evening! Unfortunately, right on cue came the "bathroom issues" which I will spare you the details... just that within an hour after eating, you'll find me dashing for the bathroom... Those issues seem settled after this morning though.

So, that leaves only one thing in the usual monthly line-up... I'm nervous about the flu-like symptoms. I just can't have them coming on Saturday - any day but Saturday! It's not even about any NYE party in the p.m., it's that I have a full day of obligations - things I have to do, and I can't be sick! Hoping if it doesn't spare me, it will at least come today or tomorrow instead.

Well, I must put it out of my mind for now.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
I've been on JUDDD since 12 October, and the first 4-6 weeks I didn't notice any real difference in my body's water retention.

Now, a little over 2 months of JUDDDing, I am seeing a discernible difference in the amount of water my body holds onto.

So, I do believe whether it's because of my age, my past eating habits, or whatever, my body is becoming more and more comfortable with JUDDD.
I wasn't totally low carb before coming to JUDDD so the water retention wasn't carb related.

I have been keeping extensive records with this WOE.

I have a friend who is also doing JUDDD, and she and I agreed that 3 months would be a more than fair amount of time to see what other benefits we could enjoy other than the obvious fat releases.

Each month I'm seeing more and more positive things happening, however subtle.

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I am on 30th day and still patiently waiting so I can update this thread

No sign is a GOOD thing...I used to get massive migraines the day before...but not the 2 JUDDD cycles yet.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:24 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

I didn't get the flu symptoms!!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #48

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
I've been on JUDDD since 12 October, and the first 4-6 weeks I didn't notice any real difference in my body's water retention.

Now, a little over 2 months of JUDDDing, I am seeing a discernible difference in the amount of water my body holds onto.

So, I do believe whether it's because of my age, my past eating habits, or whatever, my body is becoming more and more comfortable with JUDDD.
I wasn't totally low carb before coming to JUDDD so the water retention wasn't carb related.

I have been keeping extensive records with this WOE.

I have a friend who is also doing JUDDD, and she and I agreed that 3 months would be a more than fair amount of time to see what other benefits we could enjoy other than the obvious fat releases.

Each month I'm seeing more and more positive things happening, however subtle
Yes, I think this is an important point. Many of the very positive benefits we receive from doing a true fasting eating plan are very subtle and not even noticeable by us, the JUDDD follower.

For example, the studies show that this should strengthen our ability to fight the start of a cancer, but how would we ever know that for ourselves personally? This should fight and reduce inflammations within our bodies, but we may or may not feel any difference, since an inflammation in our blood vessels, for example, isn't even *felt* to us. Although inflammation in joints may be diminished some, which should mean that our arthritis isn't as achy as it might be otherwise.

It isn't that JUDDD is going to heal everything that ails us, certainly, but any help is certainly welcome. And I do appreciate the many study results that continually show the benefit of calorie restriction through the method of fasting with alternate feeding, so I'm relying on that!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I didn't get the flu symptoms!!
yay Sophie!!!

I am once again ovulating a few days early...which means shorter cycles, which means more TOMs in a year.
I guess, though, from an evolutionary standpoint...
more frequent ovulation is a sign of increased fertility which is a sign of good health???
It's certainly not convenient (!), but maybe it's a not a bad thing, health-wise?
Or could it be a sign of something else?
What do y'all think???

PS--
I'm Googling a bit, and it seems shorter cycles can be a sign of "aging" (I'm 39) and PCOS, among other things.
I'll definitely go to a doctor if things seem unusual.
I will say, though, that over the last 25 or so years that I've been getting these darn things,
every few years I seem to "reset" and my cycles change in duration.
For example, there was a time I had 40-day cycles!
They'll be regular for a couple of years, and then change to 28 days, or 35 days, or whatever.
So I'm not in a panic over this!
But it definitely changed almost as soon as I started doing JUDDD.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-01-2012 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: PS
Old 01-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Bumping this thread - another visit by Tom on JUDDD. Been going on several days as usual - light first few days, then comes on stronger.

No cramping or anything yet.

I DID have a mild gallbladder incident yesterday evening and last night, the first since Fri. the 13th, and I am now linking things together. I firmly believe the GB issues are made worse by Tom. Somehow the increase in hormones activates symptoms.

I never understood why I'd suddenly feel like I was coming down with the flu and it happened enough (not always, but often enough) around my period that I thought it was some strange effect of hormones and would send me searching through Google for answers while I lay sick on the couch.

But now I think hormones just make it worse - make the symptoms more acute. My worst incident so far was from NYD (Tom starting to leave about that time) until Jan. 13th.

Now on period again and noticing on occasion that feeling of "inflammation" after eating that I talked about in another post. And I am pretty sure it was during my periods that I noticed it before too! It was milder this time around, but I noticed it all the same. I'm thinking it's not really inflammation I'm feeling, it has to do with my digestive system (GB) reacting in a less than optimally to the fatty food (and there may be inflammation involved).

Also had the gastritis last night, along with the ache under rib cage and the weird nausea/malaise.

I had an ultrasound this a.m. so hoping in the next day or two to hear from the doctor with the result. At least if it was GB I'd have an answer for sure.

But yep, I'm at least starting to tie things together and in a way it's a relief to be able to see a connection between all these seemingly random symptoms that worried me and baffled me before.

BTW, the GB thing if that's what it is, has nothing to do with JUDDD - I started having the symptoms sometime back in 2010 before I heard of JUDDD or had started LC.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-25-2012 at 08:35 PM..
Old 01-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

To anybody checking in on this thread...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg red_dwarf_fantastic.jpg (24.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 01-26-2012, 04:11 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Let us know what your scan results say Sophie! And lol at PJ, where on earth did you find that photo? X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Thought I'd resurrect this thread for those of us keeping track of such things.

I had posted elsewhere on the GI stuff, but to update here, the ultrasound showed everything fine. I know all is NOT fine, so tomorrow I go talk to the dr. about different scans, including one for my stomach (the acid burning, nausea, etc.). The GB/stomach thing may or may not relate to hormones, but I've noticed it usually happens during the estrogen dominant part of the cycle.

Periods so far on JUDDD/IF have been pretty regular. Looking back I see there was a skipped one a month after I started JUDDD. A delayed one from the stress when my Dad went into the hospital in Feb. Otherwise, pretty good regularity.

Since being on JUDDD/IF, I've become aware of the different kinds of hunger and when it corresponds to a part of my cycle. For example, I get hungrier both at Ovulation and Pre-Menstrually. Today and yesterday I have been hungrier than usual, and have sore breasts, and according to the calendar, it's O time. The normal pattern is that this hunger will let up soon and later it will revisit me just before Tom. And then it will go away again.

Breakouts are a million times less since I cut out dairy, but we will see what happens in the next 2 weeks as I edge closer and closer to Tom.

Oh.... Wanted to add that I notice an increase of weight around Ovulation too. It drops back down in a couple days.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-15-2012 at 09:20 AM..