Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Pumpkin Pie Pudding!

Oh, My. Why haven't I made this before? This is to die for.

Instead of my pumpkin shake today, I decided to turn it into pudding, so 1 C vanilla almond milk and 1/3 C pumpkin, flavored with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp pie spice, and Walden Farms 0 cal maple flavored pancake syrup 'til it was nice and sweet, and a tsp gluc powder.

It is a fabulous flavor, and right now I'm letting it set up a bit in the fridge. Unless it is all gone from my little tastes while I'm waiting for it to set up fully. YUM!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
yumm sounds good!
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Impossible to find tinned pumpkin here, so I am gonna try it with rhubarb.
KnOw what u mean about those little tastes too.... Lol!
hug
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Mmmmm... I will have to try that!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #5

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
I am going to have to get some gluc powder! All these recipes using this powder. Do I need to go to a special store? I did kind of look for it at the grocery store early this morning, but, didn't see anything like it.

Edited to say....Jo, love your new pic, pretty lady!
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Oh, My. Why haven't I made this before? This is to die for.

Instead of my pumpkin shake today, I decided to turn it into pudding, so 1 C vanilla almond milk and 1/3 C pumpkin, flavored with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp pie spice, and Walden Farms 0 cal maple flavored pancake syrup 'til it was nice and sweet, and a tsp gluc powder.

It is a fabulous flavor, and right now I'm letting it set up a bit in the fridge. Unless it is all gone from my little tastes while I'm waiting for it to set up fully. YUM!
Any idea on calories?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
yummy Pat! I made some! so goodddddddd--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Cruzcrzy[/B];15082686]I am going to have to get some gluc powder! All these recipes using this powder. Do I need to go to a special store? I did kind of look for it at the grocery store early this morning, but, didn't see anything like it.
You have to order it, or at least we don't have any places that sell it around here. You can order it from Netrition, or Konjac. A little goes a lo-o-o-o-n-n-g ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
beeb[/B];15082730]Any idea on calories?
Linda, only 76 calories according to ******. And that is for a BIG batch of the stuff because by the time you whip up the 1 C almond milk plus the 1/3 C pumpkin, and then blend it like crazy, mixing in the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and the gluc.. it fluffs it up even further.

I had to be gone this afternoon, so this was a welcome treat waiting for me when I got back. I'm eating it now, and it's delicious.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #9

Thanks!! Going to be making this with Calorie Countdown tonight for a snack tomorrow!! That may bring the cals down even further, if I'm correct because CC FF milk has only 35 cals a cup!!

OH
Old 10-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Thanks!! Going to be making this with Calorie Countdown tonight for a snack tomorrow!! That may bring the cals down even further, if I'm correct because CC FF milk has only 35 cals a cup!!

OH
The 2% CC white milk I can get here is 70 calories per cup, whereas my vanilla almond milk is only 40 calories per cup, so that saves me those 30 calories by using the almond milk. Do you use a skim version of CC that is less than 40 cals per cup?

I always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. But I do use the CC chocolate milk quite a bit. YUM. It's higher calorie so I don't work it into a DD very often, but the taste and texture/mouth feel is nice.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #11

Quote:
The 2% CC white milk I can get here is 70 calories per cup, whereas my vanilla almond milk is only 40 calories per cup, so that saves me those 30 calories by using the almond milk. Do you use a skim version of CC that is less than 40 cals per cup?

I always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. But I do use the CC chocolate milk quite a bit. YUM. It's higher calorie so I don't work it into a DD very often, but the taste and texture/mouth feel is nice.
We have Fat Free Calorie Countdown Milk here and it's 35 cals per cup. I love the taste! It's very creamy and tastes like whole milk! I love it and will be using this for your wonderful recipe!!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #12

Quote:
We have Fat Free Calorie Countdown Milk here and it's 35 cals per cup. I love the taste! It's very creamy and tastes like whole milk! I love it and will be using this for your wonderful recipe!!
Thanks. I'll be on the lookout for that, and also ask them if they can order some for me. If they can get 2% white and chocolate, they should be able to get skim as well. (You'd think.) On DDs I really like to cut out every single calorie I can, because that just allows me to have more things to eat throughout the day, and that spells success for me down in the 500 calorie range.

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #13

OK, I made this using 1/2 serving CC FF Milk 18 cals and 2 TBS canned pumpkin 10 cals. A dash Pumpkin Pie Spice, a dash cinnamon, 2 packets stevia, 2 drops liquid Splenda, 1 tsp brown sugar sub and 1/2 tsp Gluc.

Mixed all together in my Magic Bullet and I got PUMPKIN PIE PUDDING HEAVEN for 28 calories!! Enough for a single serving and if I wanted to use the whole cup serving of milk I would only add another TBS of pumpkin for a total of 50 cals!!

Great recipe, Pat......taste like fall to me!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 10-12-2011 at 07:11 PM..
Old 10-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #14

If you don't use a vanilla flavored milk (I use the vanilla almond milk) maybe you could add in a tiny bit of vanilla extract? Also, I sweeten it with the Walden Farms 0-calorie maple flavored pancake syrup, so that lovely sweet maple-y flavor is awfully good in this too. I just can't get over how much this tastes like pumpkin PIE! Hard to imagine getting something this yummy on a DD. LOL

I'm definitely going to be making more of this in 2 days for my next DD!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #15

Quote:
If you don't use a vanilla flavored milk (I use the vanilla almond milk) maybe you could add in a tiny bit of vanilla extract? Also, I sweeten it with the Walden Farms 0-calorie maple flavored pancake syrup, so that lovely sweet maple-y flavor is awfully good in this too.

I'm definitely going to be making more of this in 2 days for my next DD!
Next time I will add a bit of vanilla to see how it taste, but as far as the Walden Farms maple syrup, I that product so I know I won't be adding that. Some people love Walden Farms, I have only found 3 items that they make that I can even stomach .

I like the addition of the Ideal Brown Sugar sub I put in there and will definitely keep that in this recipe! I hope you get to find the CC FF milk!!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: BarbDe
Stats: Quit smoking 11/4/07; 16/10/10 on 11/30/12
WOE: Low carb/Paleo/& Crossfit!
Start Date: August 2004
What is "gluc"?
BarbDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbDe View Post
What is "gluc"?
It is glucomannan powder. It's the stuff that miracle noodles (shirataki) are made out of. Zero calorie fiber thickener, so you can make sauces and puddings out of anything fluid, just by thickening it with this powder. No flavor to it, so you can use it in anything.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Next time I will add a bit of vanilla to see how it taste, but as far as the Walden Farms maple syrup, I that product so I know I won't be adding that. Some people love Walden Farms, I have only found 3 items that they make that I can even stomach .

I like the addition of the Ideal Brown Sugar sub I put in there and will definitely keep that in this recipe! I hope you get to find the CC FF milk!!
I don't like a lot of the WF products either, although I suppose when you consider they are zero calorie products, it's pretty amazing that they taste like anything. But I do like this pancake syrup quite a lot. One of their few products that I buy over and over again.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #19

Quote:
I don't like a lot of the WF products either, although I suppose when you consider they are zero calorie products, it's pretty amazing that they taste like anything. But I do like this pancake syrup quite a lot. One of their few products that I buy over and over again.
OK, I'll give it a try again, you convinced me!! It's been years since I tried this (first time around LC back in 2003) and maybe my taste have changed some. Will get some the next time I go to the Korean Green Grocer. I LOVE this place and they have ALL the Walden Farms Stuff! PLUS, I get to practice the Korean I have been learning since last year there!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: BarbDe
Stats: Quit smoking 11/4/07; 16/10/10 on 11/30/12
WOE: Low carb/Paleo/& Crossfit!
Start Date: August 2004
Quote:
It is glucomannan powder. It's the stuff that miracle noodles (shirataki) are made out of. Zero calorie fiber thickener, so you can make sauces and puddings out of anything fluid, just by thickening it with this powder. No flavor to it, so you can use it in anything.
Thanks. That's a new one for me!
BarbDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #21

OK, so now I'm thinking "PUMPKIN PIE FILLING"!! YES, I think we can make Penguin's LCal muffin into a pie crust and put Pat's pumpkin pie pudding in the middle and bake it!

I'm still toying with this and if I use my tweaked recipe with Penguin's muffin the whole little pie would be........drum roll...........61 CALORIES!!

I would put the muffin in a mini glass pie plate and either microwave or bake until it's done and then put the pudding in there and bake a bit until "set".

What do you guys think? I'm giving it a try this weekend if I can!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #22

Quote:
OK, so now I'm thinking "PUMPKIN PIE FILLING"!! YES, I think we can make Penguin's LCal muffin into a pie crust and put Pat's pumpkin pie pudding in the middle and bake it!

I'm still toying with this and if I use my tweaked recipe with Penguin's muffin the whole little pie would be........drum roll...........61 CALORIES!!

I would put the muffin in a mini glass pie plate and either microwave or bake until it's done and then put the pudding in there and bake a bit until "set".

What do you guys think? I'm giving it a try this weekend if I can!
You are getting me laughing so hard here. You fix this and tell me how it is, and I hope it's magnificent.

Me, I'm just going to bake a regular pumpkin pie.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Lol! When we were little we were always told "dont play with your food!" We are sure making up for it now! I am like a mad scientist in my kitchen some days...(usually DD's!)

I like your idea, beeb! I would make a muffin base in a round dish in the micro...let it cool, and add the pudding on top..then refrigerate....a kind of cheesecake looking idea!

Mine would be rhubarb tho...I still havent splashed out and ordered tinned pumpkin...it will be a special treat when I do!

I made sohappys pumkin pud last night...with a stewed rhubarb sub. It was delish! I cooked it on the stovetop, and ate it hot...very comforting , esp in this cold English weather.

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 10-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Pat, that sounds so yummy! That's on my list of things to try; since I love my pumpkin shakes so much, I know I'll love a thicker version. Did you have to increase the pumpkin or the sweetness to make up for the gluc "flavor loss?" I find that the more gluc I use, the less flavor I end up with.

Jo, I love your avi - looking gorgeous, girl!
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
Pat, that sounds so yummy! That's on my list of things to try; since I love my pumpkin shakes so much, I know I'll love a thicker version. Did you have to increase the pumpkin or the sweetness to make up for the gluc "flavor loss?" I find that the more gluc I use, the less flavor I end up with.

Jo, I love your avi - looking gorgeous, girl!
Mary! It's wonderful to see you here. I read your posts in many of the discussion threads and wonder if you are doing JUDDD at the time or more a straight Atkins woe for the time.

And you know.. I most often use Walden Farms Pancake Syrup for my sweetener in the pumpkin shakes and also in oatmeal, because I think that little maple-y flavor helps make it yummy, but I don't measure it. I just put more in until it's sweet enough. But I didn't increase the pumpkin. I use 1/3 cup of pumpkin to a full cup of almond milk (vanilla flavor almond milk) with 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice and a full tsp. of cinnamon. 'Cause if pumpkin pie isn't quite spicy enough, it's just pumpkin custard to my way of thinking.

Sorry I can't be of more help than that. (But I do like it pretty sweet... )
Old 10-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Lol! When we were little we were always told "dont play with your food!" We are sure making up for it now! :hyst: I am like a mad scientist in my kitchen some days...(usually DD's!)

I like your idea, beeb! I would make a muffin base in a round dish in the micro...let it cool, and add the pudding on top..then refrigerate....a kind of cheesecake looking idea!

Mine would be rhubarb tho...I still havent splashed out and ordered tinned pumpkin...it will be a special treat when I do!

I made sohappys pumkin pud last night...with a stewed rhubarb sub. It was delish! I cooked it on the stovetop, and ate it hot...very comforting , esp in this cold English weather.
You guys remind me of girls playing with their EasyBake Ovens!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You guys remind me of girls playing with their EasyBake Ovens!
I had a little oven like that when I was small...i am sure it was heated with a lightbulb!

Think it came with some kind of flourencent pink "strawberry" bake mix!

hugs
Jo
x