Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
*breathes a sigh of relief* I finally got to eat again - just had dinner I was hungry for the last 2 or 3 hours but kept waiting to eat cause I didn't want to have a big span of time after dinner and before bed when I might get real hungry again.

My b'fast was black coffee.

Lunch was 1/2 c. egg white as an omelet with a few mushroom slices, a little green pepper and onion, spices, cooked in about 1/2 t. evoo.

I also downed 1 T. vco.

I only felt full for about 2.5 to 3 hours (until about 4 p.m.), but held off eating until 6:30.

Dinner was about 1-1/2 c. mixed salad from a bag with some tomato, a chopped up pickle, 1/2 can tuna, a little green pepper, 1 T. evoo and 1 T. of a lite salad dressing.

I could eat more, but I feel fine with the amount I had, am satisfied enough. I will have a snack of another 100 calories sometime before bed, because I have a hard time falling asleep when I'm truly hungry.

I think I'm gonna make it

This will be about 600 calories. According to the calculator on the updownday site (is there another calculator you guys like better?) I can eat up to 700 calories on DD with light exercise, but I'm going to see if I can get by at first with 600.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
That menu sounds Great! thanks for posting!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hi Joedi,

Thank you!!

It looks like we were nearly the same starting weight (I believe I was over 170# I just couldn't bear to weigh myself until I'd already started dieting, and at that point I saw 170 on the scale). And as you said, same height, nearly same age. I'm also doing moderate carb on the UD.

Yes, I hope to stick with this. I'm on my first real DD and have been hungry for the last two + hours and finally am eating my dinner now.

How long have you been on JUDDD & how is the wt. loss going on it?
I lost most of my weight low fat low cal... But was having to eat very little to keep it off, and I had stopped losing. I was a real carb monster... Mostly cereal and cereal bars!
I discovered low carb, read loads, and it made sense to me. Trouble was, after the initial water weight, I just didn't lose! I stuck to >20, but no luck. I stopped weighing as I was getting depressed, but I had a tight pair of jeans I tried on every week.... And they stayed tight!
I found juddd through Beeb, weighed on my first day, at 143.75. Today is my 45th day, and I am at 136.75.
That is about a lb a week, and I am delighted with it!
I do still get a bit hungry on my dd's, but nOthing I can't handle. And I am loving having loads of veggies n fruit again.
I keep at under 60 net a day, my cals are very similar tO yours... I am gradually increasing my UD cals to see how high I can go.. I love to eat!
Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and those tight jeans are REALLY baggy now! X
Old 10-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Oh, and those tight jeans are REALLY baggy now! X
Old 10-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I lost most of my weight low fat low cal... But was having to eat very little to keep it off, and I had stopped losing. I was a real carb monster... Mostly cereal and cereal bars!
I discovered low carb, read loads, and it made sense to me. Trouble was, after the initial water weight, I just didn't lose! I stuck to >20, but no luck. I stopped weighing as I was getting depressed, but I had a tight pair of jeans I tried on every week.... And they stayed tight!
I found juddd through Beeb, weighed on my first day, at 143.75. Today is my 45th day, and I am at 136.75.
That is about a lb a week, and I am delighted with it!
I do still get a bit hungry on my dd's, but nOthing I can't handle. And I am loving having loads of veggies n fruit again.
I keep at under 60 net a day, my cals are very similar tO yours... I am gradually increasing my UD cals to see how high I can go.. I love to eat!
Hugs
Jo
X
Thanks for sharing your story - that's interesting and it sounds like you've done amazing on JUDDD. And congrats on those now-baggy jeans!

Oh, I did net carbs 60 on my first UD too and it seemed to go well I'll look forward to when/if I can increase DD calories. I just made it through my first one at 600 calories. I made it
Old 10-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Well guys, I survived my first DD! 600 calories. It was hard for a few hours between lunch and dinner and then I was hungry again an hour or two after dinner. I kept drinking decaf coffee and tea.

You know what saved the day? A little while ago I enjoyed 2 Russell Stover Sugar Free NougieNuttyChews! OMG, never had them before. They're "fun-size" and like a cross between a Snickers and a Payday. So good.

In the "old days" I would have popped each one in my mouth, barely chewing in my haste to eat them, but this time I nibbled and savoured each one as slow as I could while I sipped some black decaf coffee. I knew it was all I would be getting and I was hungry, and I tried to make them last.

Wow, that was the perfect end to the day and I am totally satisfied now and will be able to sleep well.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

I lost another pound! I'm down to 148 today!
Old 10-15-2011, 06:47 AM   #39

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
I lost another pound! I'm down to 148 today!
Your obvious joy is giving me a good and happy start for my own day! Thank you!

Sophie, all you have to do is to do JUDDD. The rest just falls into place. It's a wonderful relief to know that when you have your UD and DD numbers right, and you actually do the measuring and calorie counting so you know your calories are right, and you don't exceed your numbers...... You're going to be living your life in a slender and beautiful body shortly. It's only a matter of time! So get out there browsing through the *little sizes* in your favorite stores, because you're going to have to be shopping for those little sizes after awhile.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #40

Congrats on another pound down and that funny story about the Russel Stover's. Savoring is so much fun isn't it!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Your obvious joy is giving me a good and happy start for my own day! Thank you!

Sophie, all you have to do is to do JUDDD. The rest just falls into place. It's a wonderful relief to know that when you have your UD and DD numbers right, and you actually do the measuring and calorie counting so you know your calories are right, and you don't exceed your numbers...... You're going to be living your life in a slender and beautiful body shortly. It's only a matter of time! So get out there browsing through the *little sizes* in your favorite stores, because you're going to have to be shopping for those little sizes after awhile.
Thanks, I'm so happy and excited to be experiencing this and having you guys with me all the way!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Congrats on another pound down and that funny story about the Russel Stover's. Savoring is so much fun isn't it!
Thanks metqa! And yes, nothing ever tasted quite so good!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #43
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
It sounds like JUDDD will be a wonderful fit for you with your background, allowing you to gradually add in whichever foods you have always done well on, while helping you minimize the addition of foods that are tasty.. but about worthless as far as our diets are concerned. I've found JUDDD works wonderfully for me that way, at least. It allows me to have the occasional Snickers Bar, while helping me keep complete control of my overall daily and weekly menu plans and remain in maintenance.

Doing the rotation of Up Days and Down Days is very simple. The foods you decide to include are your choices, completely up to you, and that applies to the carbs as well as the overall calories.

Some people choose to make every M-W-F be Down Days. So, of course, there are Up Days between each of the DDs, and then that leaves the two weekend days..... and we usually make one of them a Medium Day. So every week has the same UDs, and the same DDs, and that one MD.

So a representative week might look like this:

M - DD
T - UD
W - DD
T - UD
F - DD
S - UD
S - MD
and then you start in the next week with your DD on Monday and continue your rotation.

But what if you are going to have a big party to go to Friday night? You don't want it to be a DD, 'cause you plan on eating the party food and drink and having a great relaxed and uninhibited time.

So you want to alter the rotation of your days this week, so that Friday isn't the usual DD. Instead, you want to make it turn into an UD. So you alter your rotation something like this:

M - DD
T - UD
W - MD
T - DD
F - UD
S - DD
S - UD

This extends your normal rotation by one day, and makes your Friday this week, be an UD. And then, when Monday comes, it's the normal DD, and your week continues as usual from there. Next Friday will be a normal DD, since you won't be having a party that evening.

It is recommended not to have two DDs in a row, and not to have two UDs in a row. But the truth of it is, it usually doesn't matter if you do.

It's just that if you get in the habit right from the beginning of doing JUDDD about right, it just makes it easier for JUDDD to do it's magic for you. It keeps you a little safer from getting too far off plan, too often, and bit by bit.. forgetting to quite do it right, and you find yourself actually not doing it much anymore, and the weight is building again. Horrors! So we try to get into a good JUDDD habit, and then rely on it to keep everything going well for our weight control and our health forevermore.
Interesting. I am reading the JUDDD threads at the moment. I think I am more successful eating at a steadier calorie base throughout the week. I am familiar with C.R.O.N. (Calorie Restriction with Optimal Nutrition) and have done that in the past.

Thanks for sharing.
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJB View Post
Interesting. I am reading the JUDDD threads at the moment. I think I am more successful eating at a steadier calorie base throughout the week. I am familiar with C.R.O.N. (Calorie Restriction with Optimal Nutrition) and have done that in the past.

Thanks for sharing.
Hi! It's fun to see you over here. Especially holding the precious new baby in your avi! Congratulations!

Edited to Add: I don't think the CRON's would look favorably on my occasional Snickers Bars! LOL I approve of the diet, I just couldn't do it. LOL

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-15-2011 at 11:04 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:25 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

No way!! I just can't believe it! After 1,800 calories including wine and chocolate, I'm down ANOTHER POUND! 147!! It's like I've got my old metabolism back since getting to the last 5# and starting JUDDD.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:43 AM   #46

Quote:
No way!! I just can't believe it! After 1,800 calories including wine and chocolate, I'm down ANOTHER POUND! 147!! It's like I've got my old metabolism back since getting to the last 5# and starting JUDDD.
Goink! Who would ever have thought that a *diet* could actually be fun? But this one sometimes produces such unexpected results that we're not just happy, we're crackin' up!

Continued good luck! I know there will still be those JUDDD bounces, those ups and downs along the way, but isn't it FUN!!!!!

So you got to enjoy chocolate and wine and be down another pound. You wouldn't have believed that was possible if I'd gone over and told you before you came over here, would you. And now, here you are, sharing your own great story about what it's like to be on the JUDDD plan.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

I've learned for myself that I am defininitely a medium carb person. On strict low carb of less than 30 and even less than 20 carbs, I did not lose weight very fast. I had stalls of 2 - 3 weeks where I wouldn't lose, then my body seemed to grudgingly give up a pound or two, then another long stall...

On lots of refined carbs like cookies day after day, I'm a metabolic disaster!

But on the medium carb and calorie restriction on JUDDD, I'm a weight-loss machine As long as I keep some LC principles in there, like getting plenty of fat and protein and eating these before/along with something higher in carbs, I seem to do fine.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

So far I've went up to 75 - 90 carbs, and I know this would be high carb to some people, and low carb to others, but I'm going to call it "Medium Carb" from now on, because that's what it feels like to me. Of course I buffer the carbs with fat and proteins to help control blood sugar/insulin release.

Well, I better get off here and get ready for company. Everyone have a great day in JUDDD-land
Old 10-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #49

Quote:
So far I've went up to 75 - 90 carbs, and I know this would be high carb to some people, and low carb to others, but I'm going to call it "Medium Carb" from now on, because that's what it feels like to me. Of course I buffer the carbs with fat and proteins to help control blood sugar/insulin release.

Well, I better get off here and get ready for company. Everyone have a great day in JUDDD-land
I think that's definitely considered low carb. I believe the recommended carbohydrate level is set at 300 daily grams. Of course, that is abhorrent to low carbers, but it is maybe an *average* for many. And consider how high some people even eat above that? The people who eat as high above that average as many here eat below the average.

Many people maintain on *low* carb at much higher levels than your 75 to 90 carbs. The big thing to my way of thinking is.. how do you do, how do you feel, how is your energy level, how is your strength and vitality, how are your spirits, what do your lab reports show, what does your annual physical show, how is your health throughout the months? Stuff like that.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

I can so relate to your experiences!

Quote:
I've learned for myself that I am defininitely a medium carb person. On strict low carb of less than 30 and even less than 20 carbs, I did not lose weight very fast.

Me too..if I lost AT ALL!

I had stalls of 2 - 3 weeks where I wouldn't lose, then my body seemed to grudgingly give up a pound or two, then another long stall...

On lots of refined carbs like cookies day after day, I'm a metabolic disaster!
Yup..I can relate...on lots of refined carbs...I gain...binge..and am bulimic

But on the medium carb and calorie restriction on JUDDD, I'm a weight-loss machine As long as I keep some LC principles in there, like getting plenty of fat and protein and eating these before/along with something higher in carbs, I seem to do fine.
Me too...Juddd is getting those last few pounds off nicely!

I noticed you mention you are at about 80ish carbs.

I seem...without trying to be at under 80 too...medium carb seems to give me all the food choice I could wish for...without the binging/bulimia!

Bet it wont be long before we both are at goal!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I can so relate to your experiences!

Me too...Juddd is getting those last few pounds off nicely!

I noticed you mention you are at about 80ish carbs.

I seem...without trying to be at under 80 too...medium carb seems to give me all the food choice I could wish for...without the binging/bulimia!

Bet it wont be long before we both are at goal!

hugs
Jo
x

Glad you're here & doing well!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

The late afternoon & evenings are hardest for me on DD. Morning to mid-afternoon is a breeze, but after that it can get a little challenging. As long as I can go to bed not feeling hungry though, I'm OK, cause then I can sleep. Therefore...

Good thing I have Russell Stovers NougieNuttyChew to the rescue!! It's my bedtime saviour. I'm nibbling & savoring one quite slowly with a cup of herbal tea.

Today's totals - 620 calories, 39 g. fat, 36 g. carbs, 22 g. protein

Tomorrow is UD & my bday!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-16-2011 at 08:15 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

I didn't know where to post this, but I had to share a cool "gift" I just received - my neighbor just dropped off packages of hotdogs and sausage. I guess they had too many packages leftover from some gathering and didn't want it, but even better, there were 5 packages of turkey bacon! 25 calories per slice and I'm on a DD, so YAYYY!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-18-2011 at 09:38 AM..
Old 10-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I didn't know where to post this, but I had to share a cool "gift" I just received - my neighbor just dropped off packages of hotdogs and sausage. I guess they had too many packages leftover from some gathering and didn't want it, but even better, there were 5 packages of turkey bacon! 25 calories per slice and I'm on a DD, so YAYYY!
How lucky are you! I turkey bacon...no icky rind to remove!

Knowing my luck...if it had been me, the neighbour would have dropped off cake and cookies!

Enjoy!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
How lucky are you! I turkey bacon...no icky rind to remove!

Knowing my luck...if it had been me, the neighbour would have dropped off cake and cookies!

Enjoy!

hugs
Jo
x

That's my usual luck too

How are you doing today? Is it an U or DD?

For me, I really need this DD since my bday splurge last night at the Chinese buffet (tons of salt, sugar in the foods) and a couple glasses of wine.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #56

How Funny, Lucky and cool. Yesterday I was wanting some turkey bacon. I think I'll pick some up.

Todays down day is Protein powder cocoa bark. Ack! Dry! with almonds and a bit of coconut milk.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
(sorry, posted in wrong thread!)
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

That's my usual luck too

How are you doing today? Is it an U or DD?

For me, I really need this DD since my bday splurge last night at the Chinese buffet (tons of salt, sugar in the foods) and a couple glasses of wine.
Lol! UD for me today...just back from my chinese buffet! Ate plenty of meat, veggies and a tiny square, about 1" of cake, and some fresh fruit Some of the stuff was very sweet...weird, as it was all meant to be savoury.

TBH, I am sitting here feeling a bit "off". I think it is psychological in part, though I DO feel very bloated and gassy!

I had 2 medium plates of food...not piled high or anything, just a little taste of a lot of things, plus 2 large glasses of water.

I think I am finding it quite hard not knowing WHAT I have actually eaten!

I faithfully record everything in ************...and at the end of the day I can see my cals/carbs/fat/protein all recorded there....there is just no way I can do that today...and I am finding it hard!

Hope I dont suffer too much scale wise in the morning!

How did you do weight wise after your feast? Hope you coped with it better, mentally, than me....I fear I am a bit obssessive!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Lol! UD for me today...just back from my chinese buffet! Ate plenty of meat, veggies and a tiny square, about 1" of cake, and some fresh fruit Some of the stuff was very sweet...weird, as it was all meant to be savoury.

TBH, I am sitting here feeling a bit "off". I think it is psychological in part, though I DO feel very bloated and gassy!

I had 2 medium plates of food...not piled high or anything, just a little taste of a lot of things, plus 2 large glasses of water.

I think I am finding it quite hard not knowing WHAT I have actually eaten!

I faithfully record everything in ************...and at the end of the day I can see my cals/carbs/fat/protein all recorded there....there is just no way I can do that today...and I am finding it hard!

Hope I dont suffer too much scale wise in the morning!

How did you do weight wise after your feast? Hope you coped with it better, mentally, than me....I fear I am a bit obssessive!

hugs
Jo
x
Omgosh, I am right with you! I wasn't sure what some of the things were that I tried, let alone know the calorie content of them.

I tried to stick mainly to meats and veggies, but everything was in sauces that were either salty or sweet, and strangely enough, usually both! I did sample a couple little things that were breaded, and had a little of the lo mein noodles. For dessert, I had the fresh fruit and a fortune cookie. Drank water.

There was no way I could enter the meal into ******, so I just assumed I ate my calorie limit for the day. I was at 1,200 calories when I went into the restaurant, and just figured I ate the remaining 500 - 600 I needed before I left. It might have been a lot more than that even.

Unfortunately, between the buffet and the 2 glasses of wine, I didn't pass a very good night, and yes, I was up 3# on the scales this morning! Finally lost one of them as the day wore on, but my hope is in this DD to repair the damage.

I hope you fare better, my friend.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-18-2011 at 06:03 PM..
Old 10-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
It will be quite a while before I need to realy think about maintiance but a ran some
numbers through the calculator and the results were not what I expected.

I weighed between ~300 lbs when I started this, hardly exercise at all and am almost
62 years old. Using the 25% figure in the calculator my UD comes out to 3310 calories
and 828 for a down day. I doubt I want to get quite this low but supose I got down
to 150lbs. Plugging those figures back in the calculator using a 50% maintaince setting
my UD is 1722 calories ( hay I thought I would get more food when on maintience not less) and my DD comes out to 861 calories. This does bring up the fact that perhaps
if we do lose 20lbs or more we need to recalculate our UD and DD calorie targets.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote