Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's WEDNESDAY: What are you Eating Today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/740233-its-wednesday-what-you-eating-today.html)

SoHappy 10-12-2011 11:18 AM

It's WEDNESDAY: What are you Eating Today?
 
Thought I'd get a menu thread started for us for the day.

I'm doing a Down Day today, and this is my menu plan for success:

1. scrambled eggs: 2 egg whites & 1/4 cup Eggbeaters (64 calories)

2. salad: 4 oz mixed spring greens, 4 oz tomato, 2 oz chicken breast, 2 tbsp dressing (130 calories)

3. yogurt: 6 oz yogurt with blueberries, sweetened with Splenda (80 calories)

4. shake: 1 C vanilla almond milk, 1/3 C pumpkin, cinammon & pie spices, gluc powder, WF pancake syrup (76 calories)

5. open sandwich: thin slice caraway rye bread, toasted, w/2 wedges lite cow cheese (91 calories)

6. oatmeal: 1/4 C dry oats, cooked creamy in 1/2 C water, WF pancake syrup (74 calories)

Total calories for this Down day: 506 - Total net carbs for this Down Day: 48

1annewil 10-12-2011 01:15 PM

Pat, You are able to get so much food in a DD.
Today is a DD and we are hosting a meal for a Lifegroup so I'm trying a eat real but small.

lunch-2 small flax muffins-really size of one

dinner-
small portion slaw
3 oz barbecue
maybe an apple

darlingnikki 10-12-2011 02:28 PM

DD
B-Coffee with rhubarb and yogurt 73
L-egg white turkey bacon ff cheese 98
S-0 cal glu pudding
D-I dunno I have 187 cals to play with....??

Mommie22boys 10-12-2011 04:06 PM

UD for me....

B: coffee, hwc, 2 eggs, double fiber bread w/ butter (401)
S: SF jello, mini brownie (105)
L: Jody's Pumpkin Bake (I made it in ramekins and used lite cream cheese), chocolate raspberry Luna bar (301)
S: salami, turkey, horseradish cheddar (218)
D: cheeseburger patty w/ mayo & red pepper relish, lettuce-wrapped (462)
Later: banana (105)

That would bring today's total to 1592 cal/75 carbs. Off to plan tomorrow's DD. I :love: planning my DDs! It's like a little puzzle I get to solve. :)

Beeb 10-12-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15082746)
I :love: planning my DDs! It's like a little puzzle I get to solve. :)

ME, TOO!! And it so much fun finding the best food bang for my DD calories!! :high5::jumpjoy:

Mommie22boys 10-12-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15082805)
ME, TOO!! And it so much fun finding the best food bang for my DD calories!! :high5::jumpjoy:

Lol! Yup! Of course, my puzzle's a little tighter than yours still. ;)

penguinpower 10-12-2011 05:12 PM

I'm trying to ease back into diet mode after a vacation, and I think I'm going to try Linda's route and up my DD cals a bit to help the process, as well as to see if it helps me in other ways. I didn't figure out calories today for some reason. What I had:

B - Chocolate caramel superlow muffin, coffee with sf creamer
L - greek yogurt with blueberries, more coffee with sf creamer
Sn - about 1/2 cup ff cottage cheese
D - Was unable to eat what I had planned due to my husband taking it out of the freezer and eating it while I was on vacation, so I had two sandwiches made with LF turkey breast, a schmear of LF black pepper mayo, served on two slices of 35-cal bread (split) and a nice dill pickle.

Tonight I may have a shake, and I also made a bowl of gluc gel.

I gained a couple of pounds of vacation, since I was very well behaved...but my problem is I have been OUT OF CONTROL since I got home on Friday. What's that all about? Scale is not a happy place today, waah. Must get back on track!!!!

sophiethecat 10-12-2011 05:22 PM

My first post as a Juddder, lol.

I screwed up from the start, but I think it'll be OK. I was still considering JUDDD and had already started my morning as a regular low carb day. Then I decided if I'm going to do JUDDD, why not start today and make the first day a down day?

Thing is, I'd had 2 fried eggs and 3 pork sausage links. :doh: Not a great start for a DD, I take it. That was already over 400 calories!

I got hungry again about 4:30 this afternoon, and didn't know what to have, just knew it needed to be low calorie. I had a protein shake which was 100 calories, but that didn't do the trick. (Probably cause it's low fat, but I think some of the hunger was psychological because I knew I only had so many calories left.)

Then I sipped 2 cups of hot chicken broth, still hungry.

Finally I had a little bit of what I fixed for dinner - a small chicken drumstick with most of the skin off and about 1/4 c. beans and rice. That made me feel satisfied.

I'm having a diet Swiss Miss too though, but that's it for the day. It's almost 7:30 p.m..

Anyway, I think all this came to about 850 calories :( So much for a good start on a DD. 20 carbs though.

I wonder if I'd just kept it more strict LC for the DD and had a couple more eggs instead this afternoon/evening, I wouldn't have had that "panic" feeling and not knowing what to eat.

You know what I mean?

:dunno: I just started this, so I'll give myself some leeway for failure and try to do better from here on out.

Beeb 10-12-2011 08:26 PM

DD for me!!

Breakfast 119 Cals

1 DD Ouiz Bran Muffin
1 tbs fat free cream cheese
2 tbs fat free half and half

Lunch 165 Cals

0.3 oz blue cheese
1 slice fat free bologna
3 leaves inner green leaf lettuce
1 tbs hellman's low fat mayo
2 tbs maple grove farm casaer dressing
1/2 wedge tomato
2 slices Weight watchers Bread

Dinner 219 Cals

4.2 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
2 tsp grated Parmesan and Romano cheese
2 cups chopped Kale

Snacks 171 Cals

1 cocopop
1 tbsp half and half
2 tbs Mimiccreme cream substitute
2 tsp Original Fat Free Powder Coffee Creamer
1/2 serving (19) Potato Straws - Smooth Cheddar
1/2 serving sugar free angel food cake

Total.....674 Cals and 58g Carbs

Beeb 10-12-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15082923)
My first post as a Juddder, lol.

I screwed up from the start, but I think it'll be OK. I was still considering JUDDD and had already started my morning as a regular low carb day. Then I decided if I'm going to do JUDDD, why not start today and make the first day a down day?

Thing is, I'd had 2 fried eggs and 3 pork sausage links. :doh: Not a great start for a DD, I take it. That was already over 400 calories!

I got hungry again about 4:30 this afternoon, and didn't know what to have, just knew it needed to be low calorie. I had a protein shake which was 100 calories, but that didn't do the trick. (Probably cause it's low fat, but I think some of the hunger was psychological because I knew I only had so many calories left.)

Then I sipped 2 cups of hot chicken broth, still hungry.

Finally I had a little bit of what I fixed for dinner - a small chicken drumstick with most of the skin off and about 1/4 c. beans and rice. That made me feel satisfied.

I'm having a diet Swiss Miss too though, but that's it for the day. It's almost 7:30 p.m..

Anyway, I think all this came to about 850 calories :( So much for a good start on a DD. 20 carbs though.

I wonder if I'd just kept it more strict LC for the DD and had a couple more eggs instead this afternoon/evening, I wouldn't have had that "panic" feeling and not knowing what to eat.

You know what I mean?

:dunno: I just started this, so I'll give myself some leeway for failure and try to do better from here on out.

:welcome:!!! Why not make this day a medium day and do either an UD or a DD tomorrow? This can be done easily and will keep you in the groove of JUDDD! ;)

Mommie22boys 10-12-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15083411)
Why not make this day a medium day and do either an UD or a DD tomorrow? This can be done easily and will keep you in the groove of JUDDD! ;)

:goodpost: This! :) Good luck and welcome, Sophie!!

sophiethecat 10-12-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15083411)
:welcome:!!! Why not make this day a medium day and do either an UD or a DD tomorrow? This can be done easily and will keep you in the groove of JUDDD! ;)

Great idea! I didn't even think of that. :doh: I have a slight headache and I'm kinda hungry, but I'll be going to bed soon and it will be over... Then I can figure out tomorrow what kind of JUDDDay it will be. :)

Thanks again!

sophiethecat 10-12-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15083423)
:goodpost: This! :) Good luck and welcome, Sophie!!

Thank you, Mommie!!!! :high5:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:01 AM.