Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Why, Oh Why?

I have been having a terrible time keeping calories low enough for my DD's. For some reason all I think about on a DD is FOOD. On an UD I can go most of the day and forget to eat...lol. Often eat a high calorie bedtime snack just to get the calories up over 1500 (2200 is the calculator number for an UD).

I finally decided that this food obsession has got to go. Today, a DD, I told myself that I would eat as much as I want but stick to lowish calorie stuff. !!!!!so far 400 calories...no crazy cravings!!!!!!!
For a while I may not be strictly sticking to JUDDDD guidelines. I can't stand this abnormal focus on food. I will relax the rules and see if my thinking can get less fixated.

I am to old for all this angst. I am also to old to be this fat. Oh dear, here we go again.

P.S. only have 1 pound of that "overnight 8 " left to lose.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
OK, take a deep breath and then relax! I'm going to suggest that you try to get up to your UD calories, as close as you can, for right now and see if that makes a difference in what happens on your DDs.

What I found was when I decided to stay lower on my UDs to try to push things along more I actually screwed myself up because I NEEDED those UD calories to keep the DD hunger boogie man at bay!

When I ate almost all of the suggested calories on my UD I was just not hungry on my DD. When I didn't.........

I think you are doing AMAZING, BTW!!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Linda's got an awfully good point, Sally. If you fuel yourself well on your UDs, staying beneath your calorie ceiling but not way-y-y-y below it, you will be pretty well fueled to make it through your DDs with little trouble.

And worst case scenario, is you just can't, can't, can't keep your DD calories to 500, then change your DD ceiling to maybe 700 and use that number for a couple of weeks before lowering it to 600 for a week, and then on down to 500 if possible. You can still experience good weight loss at those slightly higher DD numbers. It's just that the lower, the faster weight will probably come off. It's worth trying for anyway.

I was one who thought I'd probably.. well, undoubtedly.. DIE if I had to eat at such a low calorie number as 500 on certain days on JUDDD. Ack! So I had to work my way down to that level. But it didn't take long. I really tried, and my body responded shortly with the ability to do it, and then do it and not complain about it, and that was when I knew I'd truly *arrived* and would be happy with JUDDD and the results it gave me forever.

Hang in there! You'll overcome this little blip on the screen and continue on with great weight loss!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Thanks ladies. I will try to track my UD better and get more of my calories in. I may be causing my cravings by not eating enough on the UD.

I wound up with 700 calories today. I have not been nuts today thinking about food. Maybe just knowing I can eat if I want to is enough to put the demon behind me. I will eat like this for several weeks and see if this solves the obsession problem.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by halos View Post
Thanks ladies. I will try to track my UD better and get more of my calories in. I may be causing my cravings by not eating enough on the UD.

I wound up with 700 calories today. I have not been nuts today thinking about food. Maybe just knowing I can eat if I want to is enough to put the demon behind me. I will eat like this for several weeks and see if this solves the obsession problem.
Sally, I'll bet this will *settle in* after awhile. It really is a different way of eating, and I think sometimes it takes our bodies and brains a little while to get into the cycling of it. The UDs are just fine, but on DDs, our bodies say, "Hey! Where's the rest of today's food?????" But after awhile, our systems get used to it and accept it as completely normal, being almost as content on DDs as on UDs with all those extra calories.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote