Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
one month+ in, introduction!

hey everybody!

i just sort of admitted to myself that i've been checking this board regularly and that i should probably post something. i've never done a low carb diet (this is the first diet i've ever been on, actually), but found this board from googling juddd and have been lurking and enjoying the solidarity that comes from hearing about the lives of people who are doing the same thing as you!

my name is avery, i am 22, recently graduated from college. in mid august, i came home to my parents' house from the summer camp i work at without a plan for job, etc., and decided to start trying to lose weight as a side project. i've been overweight/obese since i dunno when, childhood? preteens? i've always been pretty physically active but still fat, so i sort of decided that weight loss didn't work for me, or something. but, go figure, as soon as i started counting calories and doing this program, the weight seems to want to come right off, and weight loss has become my main project for right now. i'm still looking for jobs for the year, but i am planning on staying at home for the year to stay in my comfort zone as i try to lose more towards the 60+ more pounds that i would like to do away with. i am appreciating the luxury of having lots of time and energy to spend on changing a body that i had grown to accept but was never really happy with!

i started the diet on monday, september 5th, so i'm in my 6th week. down 17 lbs so far, from a starting weight of 240 to current weight of 223. (i'm 5'10). i don't know just how much i'll be posting but i've really enjoyed hearing your stories and wanted to introduce myself in case i was moved to post at some point!
avecrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Wow, wonderful rate of loss so far. Welcome to the boards. post when you can, we all love to hear from others who are working the program. Good luck job hunting and losing weight.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
You are doing great!
faithgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Welcome, Avery! Congrats on your success so far...that's fantastic! And kudos to you on taking advantage of some "down time" to really focus on you and your weight/health! You're at a great age to learn how to take/keep off weight! What a great tool to have in your pocket. I wish I had known about JUDDD when I was 22!

Best of luck, and post often. We want to help you celebrate your success, too!!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, Avery! I'm so glad you stepped out into the light and our JUDDD forum! I hope you'll post here regularly with us and post your continuing success with weight loss. Being only in your 6th week right now and already down 17 POUNDS is wonderful work on your part and a good illustration of how JUDDD can work its magic when your calorie numbers are correct and you adhere to them. I think you're going to be at your goal fairly rapidly at the rate you're going! Good job!

You'll be right with us in encouraging newcomers and leading by your fine example. Glad you're joining us!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
So good to meet you!! It's also nice to see you posting now!!

OMG, you are doing an AMAZING job with JUDDD and I think your story will be a great one for others to see how JUDDD can really work!

What an inspiration you are, Avery and so to have you on the "dark side" with us!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote