Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 04:36 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
OMM Turkey Stuffing: Believe It Or Not!

Yesterday was Thanksgiving Day, and although I enjoyed my Italian dinner the night before, it just wasn't "traditional" enough for me. So, here's my scenario: No turkey dinner because most of my family was working, plus, we are coming off two huuuuuge Rosh Hashana dinners. But, I was feeling nostalgic for the yummy taste of turkey and stuffing on a DD. I had chicken breasts, so the "poultry" part was covered. But how to work around the stuffing? Here's what I did:

I made a small OMM:
2T oat fiber
2T wheat bran
1/2 t. baking powder
3 T egg whites
Seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, sage)
Enough chicken stock to reach the appropriate consistency.

I nuked this as per usual, then cut it into cubes and popped it into the toaster oven on a small baking tray to dry out.

This was then mixed with a generous handful of diced onions, celery and carrots (sold frozen as "Spaghetti sauce vegetables"), a diced apple and enough stock to moisten, heated to cook the veggies. I adjusted the seasonings, adding more sage, then used this as a base for the chicken when I roasted it, which added its roasting juices to the yummiliciousness.

It was nowhere near as good as my usual stuffing, to be honest. But it filled my DD need!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm boggled! I would never have thought of being able to make stuffing with a muffin. What a good idea. And that you could actually have your *Thanksgiving turkey dinner* on a DD - with stuffing included - I wouldn't have thought possible. You did good.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
The secret was in how I made the muffin - going savory and using classic T-Day ingredients did the trick!

If I had gluc, there would have been gravy, too! And there's a hack for cranberry sauce using SF marmalade and real cranberries, buzzed in the food processor. So it's alllllllll do-able! Even the pumpkin pie, if you make Jody's Pumpkin Bake with tofu instead of cream cheese to keep the calories super-low. Of course, the portions will be small, and there will be lots of steamed broccoli as a "filler", but still, not unmanageable!
Rachelocity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
What innovation and great success!! Happy Thanksgiving, Blessed New Year and Happy DD Turkey Stuffing!!

WTG!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote