Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
The 2 week induction phase

Rereading the web site, it say the first 2 weeks for the DD is key to tap into the SIRT1 gene.

I started this a few days ago but ate way more carbs then I am comfortable with. I was concerned I would not have my low carb way of life be in the forefront. For me, I need low carb as I have small LDL patterns in my lipid panel.

With that said, I have spent a lot of time reading the old threads. I must say thank you to "SoHappy/aka Ms. Pat" because she has taken the time for post after post to share more the probably any book can offer. So thank you Pat.

I drank some wine yesterday. 2 glasses of white. We shall see how that effects me this week.

I also made some baked goods with Stevia blend sweetener. Had to toss it. UGH. For some reason all the faux sweeteners cause my tongue to tingle. Weird, huh? Just have to stay away from those baked goods I guess. I think I can use liquid Splenda like Torini so that is good. An occasional 1-minute muffin will be a nice change.

My intention for the next two weeks is to really focus on the DD and stay under 500 calories just like the web site said. If I stray over too far, I am concerned I am all ready tweaking. Does that make sense?

I know a few of you could do the higher DD. I am a wee bit afraid of doing that and then thinking JUDDD did not work for me.

As much as I want to have a high fat DD, it seems I must focus on fat free, low calorie to get my 20%-25% DD done. I am thinking of making a low calorie soup and lots of veggies, some fruits. Perhaps egg whites with salsa would be ideal.

Tomorrow we go to Disneyland. Will be a good day to have a UD. Will bring in nuts, beef jerky. Stuff like that.

Anyone have a low calorie soup they love? lol

Would love to read any and all replies to my post.

I am joining a gym next week. Not for weight loss but I am hurting myself with pinched muscles, nerves too much. I am clearly out of shape. lol
Will have to re access my UP & DD calories once I get going.

Stevie

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #2

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
It's not at all uncommon to get a big eye opening when we first start JUDDDing. The fact that there are no forbidden foods allows us to eat as we wish. Sometimes we go overboard a bit and make a false start or two before we settle in doing the plan, and adapting the plan to what we truly, truly need and want for our own life.

If you started eating way more carbs than you are comfortable with, then cut back. There is absolutely no carb guideline on this plan, only calorie guidelines, so the ratios you follow of protein-fat-carbohydrate will be yours to choose.

And, yes.. it's a good thing to not tweak too strongly or go too far overboard on your DDs, at least not if you would then fail and lay the blame for it as a failure of JUDDD, rather than a failure of following the plan.

About the only thing I think is sometimes OK is when a person can't follow the very low calorie DDs, but want to work themselves down to that level by starting a bit higher first. They may even find that a higher calorie DD works just fine for them, but it's especially useful to those who have to get used to the low calorie days. I was one who worked myself down, and it worked fine for me. Beeb started out at 700 and found she didn't ever have to lower, she lost weight just fine with DDs at her level. We all find out quickly what will work for us.. and what won't.

Do focus on doing two weeks as close to *The Plan* as you can, and then see what your weight loss turns out to be and how you're feeling.

Read what others eat on their DDs to get some ideas of what foods others have seemed to find that help keep them feeling full on DDs while keeping the calories low. It's different for all of us. I'm doing a DD today too, and so far I've had a can of green beans w/garlic salt, and two mugs of black tea and a 1/4 cup oats, cooked smooth and tender in 1/2 cup water, with 0 calorie Walden Farms pancake syrup on top. I have no hunger now and expect this to take me well into the afternoon, when I'll probably snack on another can of green beans. So far today my calories are only 145.

You'll find your way. Don't worry about going overboard with your food choices when you first started. Lots of us have done that at the start. It settles down, and then you really do just eat mostly good nourishing whole foods and enjoy the treats occasionally and get on with your life. It's pretty fun. But doing JUDDD mostly by the book can give you a lot of weight loss at the same time you're having all this fun with your diet and meals and menus.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #3

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
hey Stevie, I've got a great source of delicious low calorie soups...

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...ipes-only.html

Seriously, this thread is full of great and tasty low calorie meals and snacks. I know cause I put a lot of them there myself! and it will be easier for you and I on JUDDD because we don't have the single food restrictions per meal, so you can get some great starter ideas and use whatever low cal veggies or additions you like.

Here's a couple I personally like
Radish Salad= As a side item or snack, very low calorie, crunchy and filling
Orange Ginger Chicken-Using True Orange and fresh oranges
Easy Hearty Flavor Chili- You can add a few spoonfuls of pumpkin puree for a smoother chili texture.
Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup (shiritaki)
Spicy Curry Shrimp and Napa (shiritaki optional)

Of course I'm just going down the list and mentioning ones I've made and can vouch for but there are many others. All the recipes I've posted, I've personally made and commented on their success or lack of it.

Since HCG requires a 500 Kcal limit including a separate grain and fruit, most of these recipes are very low in calories and are for either one meal or can be for a whole days menu.

I agree it will be near impossible to have High Fat Down Days, unless you eat only meat, I've done it before, it's not awful but I did it on purpose, most normal folks won't have that nonsense! Check out these recipes and visit some HCG Rogue threads for Low calorie meal ideas too. There are some Mad Awesome ideas out there!
Ciao!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 10-10-2011 at 03:50 PM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #4

Thank you Pat. I appreciate the feedback.

Metqa,
thanks so much. I have seen your signature on many recipes. Awesome
I am familiar with the HCG so that helps.

Thanks again.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
Actually, it's fine to have a high fat down day if that's what you prefer. For my DD, I eat one meal, and during that meal I have about 250 calories of salmon, beef, or chicken, 100 calories of cheese or butter, 50 calories or so of green veggies, plus 100 to 150 calories of heavy cream. This keeps me much fuller and more satisfied than when I tried to do several low fat meals on my DD. The fat percentages are about 60%. Each person is different!
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #6

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiva View Post
Actually, it's fine to have a high fat down day if that's what you prefer. For my DD, I eat one meal, and during that meal I have about 250 calories of salmon, beef, or chicken, 100 calories of cheese or butter, 50 calories or so of green veggies, plus 100 to 150 calories of heavy cream. This keeps me much fuller and more satisfied than when I tried to do several low fat meals on my DD. The fat percentages are about 60%. Each person is different!
Nice Plan, sorta an IF low calorie High Fat Day, eh? I might try that sometime. I like eating HF, it just is a smaller volume of food, and different folks feel fuller on HF and others with High Volume. if I could manage my hunger to fast most of the day I'd like to do that also, cause my up days are high fat.

Last edited by metqa; 10-10-2011 at 08:25 PM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiva View Post
Thank you Vita.

I will play around and see how I do.

I am also familiar with IF and do well implementing it in my life so this is a possibility on some days.

Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:16 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10

Good luck, hope the plan works for you! It's definitely slower than hcg, but you never feel depleted or deprived, at least not for very long.

I also lowcarb up days and down days, emphasis on protein on down days (aim for 70 or more is my goal).
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote