Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 04:33 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muffin_maiden
Stats: Doesn't matter/its a number/healthy
WOE: LC
Start Date: November 2011
Checking In. :)

Hi, everyone!
Its been awhile since I posted. I have been isolating myself unintentionally since I got my binge eating disorder last month, but I feel like its time to come back.

I have worked with my psychiatrist to come up with a plan that might work for me that incorporates both LC and JUDDD. It won't be either in a true sense in order to limit backlash of my eating disorder (in terms of being restricted on something, my ED will make me go out and eat 10 times as much of the things I feel I'm being deprived of). Here's what we came up with:

Up Days are to be unlimited in calories but limited in carbs, to around 40 per day. The idea is to eat a steady stream of fat/protein throughout the day, with the largest meal in the evening to combat night time/morning hunger.

Down Days are not limited in calories per se, but I am only allowed to eat one meal per day. So its a little like intermittent fasting, with the premise that it would be very hard to fit all of a person's BMR calories into a single meal. I am allowed to eat grains on a DD if I want, but it is limited to two servings total. This would include a dessert if I wanted one, say 1 cookie is equal to 1 serving of grains. This way, I can allow myself the things I crave in moderation, and it makes DD's a little easier to cope with if I know I can have a cookie at the end of it.

I started today as an UD. I made sure to include plenty of protein and fat to curb my hunger and keep me away from the college cafeteria that has the most scrumptious pizza I've ever eaten!

Breakfast consisted of:
8 strips of bacon, crispy
1/4 C onions and 1/3 C mushrooms sauteed in the leftover bacon grease
5 eggs, scrambled with the veggies and added 1.5 ounces of cheese to it. Topped it off with some sugar-free ketchup

I also had a diet cherry soda with a few tablespoons of grass-fed heavy cream.

I have noticed over the last few weeks a strange new thought pattern emerging. I have been constantly eating anything and everything I ever wanted to. The entire time, it felt like I was on some kind of strange diet, and I kept thinking that I couldn't wait to get back to *normal* eating, aka low-carb! What a swtich from how my mind worked a year ago, thinking that low-carb was the diet and I couldn't wait to get back to grain-heavy "normal" eating. This is a whole new mindset for me, but I'm going to embrace it because I know it is a lot healthier than the way I've always thought about dieting!

I hope everyone here has been doing well. I haven't been reading posts but I intend to catch up soon!

muffin_maiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 05:05 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Welcome back, MM! Best of luck with your new plan. I hope you find that it helps you successfully combat your ED. You know you will have lots of support here with your BUDDDs!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Glad to see you back here with us!

Sounds like you have spent some good time exploring this complex subject with your psychiatrist. I expect you have some fuller understanding of your most inner self (although do we ever truly? LOL) and have planned a way to start the journey of teaching yourself how to eat reasonably and fully and delightfully, and learning that there will never again be a need to binge or urge to eat compulsively since... you can have anything on JUDDD anyway. What's left to *break the rules* by eating? Nothing, since anything is allowed on JUDDD. You can have anything anyway. No need to overeat... if you do, you find that JUDDD is very forgiving and you just get right back on plan. It seems like most everything is *No Big Deal* on JUDDD.

And it sounds like you have a plan in place for taking these beginning steps to not just weight loss but to returning your inner relationship with food to a more normal state, your appetite to the *regular* setting on the dial, your pleasure in food to be completely acceptable and even envied by some others when they observe you being able to eat anything, follow a simple plan in doing so, and weight melts off. Woo Hoo!

I think you've worked out a wonderful plan to follow for awhile. I'm so excited for you and will really be interested in how you find this plan suiting you over these next couple of weeks. And how you feel mentally and physically on it (which sounds like it should be great!) and how you lose weight, energy level for your busy life right now, etc.

I'm here rooting for you and cheering you on! Go out and make your future! Do today what it's going to take to form the tomorrow you want to experience.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Hi MM!
We've missed you!
I am so glad to hear you have got some expert help with your E
D. have suffered with an ED for most of my adult life (bulimia) and have had the unhappy experience of binging.
Since starting lc in march, I have had no episodes at all...and, for me...juddd is a way to ease back into the world of normal foods, while still feeling in control.
I think your new plan sounds very workable...and I cant wait to hear how it works out for you....no doubt you will tweak it to be the perfect fit for you as the weeks go by.
Post often and let us know how its going!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
Glad you are back, and you are finding out what works for you! Having a plan is detrimental to my success, no matter how small I too suffer from binge eating. Its been over a month now since I have binged though...which is a huge deal for me! I am owing it all to JUDDD!! NEVER give up! We can do this!!!
AmyInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #6

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Thank you for sharing. Well wishes!

My goal is to also limit carbs. Your post is very spot on for me.

I also like your siggy quote. lol...so true, so true.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
hugs...
nikki.
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
back, you have been missed!! And I you new plan and just know it's going to be a good thing for you!!

Look forward to reading how you are doing!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Hi!!

So today is day 3 of being more or less back on track. I'm having a hard time today, though, since it is date night with my boyfriend and the temptation to go out to eat and eat carby things is almost more than I can handle. I mean, even if we go to the Outback the brown bread and bloomin' onion are extremely tempting.

I'm trying to take a more peaceful attitude about it, that if I don't stay low-carb when I eat out its not a big deal. On the one hand, I know I want to stay on plan for the most part, but on the other, I know that sometimes I have to give in to cravings for just one meal to prevent it from becoming a multi-meal binge!! For instance: Monday night we went out to eat at Applebees quite unexpectedly. I ate the bread that came with my burger and my fries, and I think that allowance prevented me from ordering dessert like I normally would. Its all a balance, right??

Right now, keeping myself from bingeing is more important than actual weight loss as I slide back into a LC/UDDD plan. One toe in the water at a time!

Love you all!!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #10

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, Hon! Sounds like you're finding your way. The really important thing is to find how we can do IT, and then work within what we know IT can do for us. And that really goes whether it's JUDDD or general low carb or WW or whatever.

You sound a lot more at ease about your eating right now, so you must be a lot more comfortable as you style a plan for your needs at this time.

Good luck, and I know you're going to be successful. If you're at Outback, maybe make a bargain with yourself that you'll have one or the other.. but not both. Or.. go really easy on the calories for the day until you eat there, and then share some of each with your BF. One of the best things about JUDDD is that we can have it all if we plan the calorie allowances around what we want.

Have a fun evening.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin_maiden View Post
Hi!!

So today is day 3 of being more or less back on track. I'm having a hard time today, though, since it is date night with my boyfriend and the temptation to go out to eat and eat carby things is almost more than I can handle. I mean, even if we go to the Outback the brown bread and bloomin' onion are extremely tempting.

I'm trying to take a more peaceful attitude about it, that if I don't stay low-carb when I eat out its not a big deal. On the one hand, I know I want to stay on plan for the most part, but on the other, I know that sometimes I have to give in to cravings for just one meal to prevent it from becoming a multi-meal binge!! For instance: Monday night we went out to eat at Applebees quite unexpectedly. I ate the bread that came with my burger and my fries, and I think that allowance prevented me from ordering dessert like I normally would. Its all a balance, right??

Right now, keeping myself from bingeing is more important than actual weight loss as I slide back into a LC/UDDD plan. One toe in the water at a time!

Love you all!!
Totally !! You are such an inspiration and I being able to go with you on your journey! Thanks for posting and taking us along!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Pat and Linda!!!! It actually wasn't that bad. I had a few tortilla chips and salsa, but had a steak and broccoli for my main meal. Oddly, I gave my boyfriend the garlic bread that came with my meal without even thinking about it. I was halfway tempted to order desert, but my boyfriend was nice enough to say no for me when the waitress asked. He knows once one of us says no, I won't bother to flag someone down to say otherwise. :P

Big HUGS to everyone here!