Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Its SATURDAY: What are you eating today?

Well today is a DD for me...so skipping breakfast and just having black coffee.
Lunch: Big sald with romaine, cherub tomatoes and wishbone salad spritzer
AS: Peach
Dinner: stir fry veges with 2 oz chicken
ES: Artic Zero Ice cream.... I will post calories later, as I have not put them in yet...

Have a great day UD or DD!!!!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm having a DD, so going to hold very low calories until this evening, when I'll enjoy a smidge of birthday cake and ice cream at a little celebration.

3 mugs of coffee, each with 2 tbsp half & half so far. (127 calories)

I'll do a lot of the shirataki noodle with some low calorie sauce for lunch and supper. A bit of chicken. A variety of several veggies in small amounts. It should work for this day.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #3

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
This is an UP day for me, but, I've been eating since 3 am, lol, so this is not good. It's not even noon yet here and I am already at 761 calories, 33 fat, 69.7 carbs(darn pear!), and 48 protein. So far:

coffee w/h/h - 85 calories
pear - 96 calories
Rice thin crackers w/hummus - 110 calories
2% total fage - 150 calories
2 slices thick sliced bacon - 130 calories
Protein shake with 1 TBLSP peanut butter - 190

I am not sure what the rest of my day holds, but, I have ribeyes thawing for dinner. I need to remain in control because tomorrow we are going out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory for dh's birthday. I will be having a piece of cc so I will probably just have lettuce wraps or something light for my meal.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
DD for me and I forgot my breakfast at home. Had to be at work at 8 am, and only had tea before I left the house.

Really was looking forward to an apple, but ended up eating a whole met-rx bar (310)

Now I am just drinking water until I can go out to lunch at 1:00 - I think I will get an apple or I have a 100 cal protein drink.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
DD for me! I had a nice breakfast and a few snacks and saving the rest of the cals (580) for dinner out. Probably a BIG salad with some kind of protein (cheese or meat).

Breakfast 213 Calories

1 slice cooked bacon
1 serving Bagel Thins - Plain
1 serving egg beaters -
2 servings fat free half and half for tea and coffee throughout the day

Snacks 107 Calories

1 serving DD Gluc Pudding
5 1/2 oz honeydew melon
1 serving Original Fat Free Powder Coffee Creamer for afternoon coffee

Total for right now: 320 Cals
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
DD
B-Coffee w coconut milk yogurt and rhubarb 78 cals 7NC
L egg white omelet turkey bacon FF cheese and rhubab for treat 92 cals 3NC
D-shrimp stir fry 130 Cals 4NC
S- SF Jello 10 cal 0 NC
Total 310 Cals 14 NC
38 cals left prolly a coffee with T of FF cream
I feel GREAT!! 2 week weigh in tomorrow and I am excited LOL.
Have a great JUDDD Day everyone!
Nikki
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Today is an UD for me! Yay! I got homemade burritos I made for dinner tonight for work and a peanut butter cookie that has my name all over it! And possibly a cocktail or two! Have a wonderful day! And remember if today is a DD for you when you get that feeling you want something that won't fit into the count and you get a little hungry for it, that UD is the next day so don't sweat it!!!
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicoaster69 View Post
Today is an UD for me! Yay! I got homemade burritos I made for dinner tonight for work and a peanut butter cookie that has my name all over it! And possibly a cocktail or two! Have a wonderful day! And remember if today is a DD for you when you get that feeling you want something that won't fit into the count and you get a little hungry for it, that UD is the next day so don't sweat it!!!
And also, it's surprising how quickly you just get to the point where DDs are just no big deal, and very easy to hold to.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #9

Quote:
I agree, that is one of the many reasons I love this plan!!! My Up day is only a day away .
Old 10-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
My Up day is only a day away .
And now I have the song from Annie "Tomorrow" stuck in my head! THX!
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #11

Quote:
I know, LOL!!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Old 10-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #13

Well, my up day is ending up at 1848. My fat is 75.2, carbs 121.8, and protein 115.6. The stats are alarming, but, it is, what it is!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Well, my up day is ending up at 1848. My fat is 75.2, carbs 121.8, and protein 115.6. The stats are alarming, but, it is, what it is!
I'm looking at this and wondering, "What's so alarming?".. so maybe I need to go back and look at my menu plans a bit more closely.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #15

Pat, I would love your opinion on what you consider low, medium and high carb amounts. Even though this is a LCF I have never really practiced low carb until P3 of hhcg. I am not sure how I happened upon this site years ago, but, I did. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Pat, I would love your opinion on what you consider low, medium and high carb amounts. Even though this is a LCF I have never really practiced low carb until P3 of hhcg. I am not sure how I happened upon this site years ago, but, I did. Thanks.
My carbs are usually higher, even when not eating sweets, mine come in around 180 or so...
Old 10-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
My carbs are usually higher, even when not eating sweets, mine come in around 180 or so...
Cathy, thanks so much. Mine have been over 100 before, but, that is when sweets were involved. No sweets for me today(unfortunately) because I am holding out for the cheesecake tomorrow
Old 10-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #18

Quote:
It's not really hard and firm with a line drawn on a chart for me, with being below a certain point is low carb, and then if you add in one more carb.. oh,oh.. you're now in the medium carb category. But in truth, I expect that is probably as good a way to figure it as any.

And I think this is something that everyone would have a differing opinion on perhaps.

For myself, up to about 22 to 25% of my calories coming from carbs would constitute being low carb or fairly low carb. So say, up to maybe about 100 to 150 carbs. Dropping down into the area of 50 carbs is definitely strongly low carb to my way of thinking, and 20 daily carbs and below if very low carb! I don't go there, ever. My thyroid shuts down like crazy when I do levels like that, and I'm freezing cold all the time. And my metabolism comes crashing down too.

Then when I'm in the area of about 200 carbs or up just a bit, that would bring me solidly into the mid-carb range. About 800 or 900 calories from carbs. Still quite a large drop below what most people eat in a day. I'm still comfortable with calling 250 carbs a day as mid-range carb level.

So approaching this from the other end, there are people eating 400 and 500 plus carbs a day! Certainly very high carb. For me, much above 300-350 carbs a day becomes high carb to my way of thinking.

But as with so much else, a lot depends on the overall makeup of you diet anyway. So say you are going to do a high carb level of 300 carbs, which is 1200 calories. And then you're going to eat an additional 75 grams of animal protein, which is another 300 calories. Now you're up to 1500 calories. So, how many more calories do you get for the day? Another 1000? That's another 110 grams of fat in your day.

This isn't a ketogenic diet by a long shot, but not to be assumed it's necessarily high in junk food, chips, soda pop. It may be rich in fruits and veggies and whole grains, nuts and seeds, as well as the animal flesh proteins that most of us enjoy.

I don't think I've ever seen an article which states what the cutoff is for various carb levels.

And if you're used to very low carb, even 100 grams of carb seems like it must surely be *high* carb.

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-08-2011 at 05:28 PM..
Old 10-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #19

Thanks, Pat. This is very helpful to me. I appreciate you taking the time. According to ******, my percentages are ranging 25-30% on average. I will go with the higher number to account for the rare days I do not track due to restaurant information being difficult to obtain.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #20

Quote:
My stats are pretty high too on my UDs and up there on the DDs usually because of more veggie consumption. I don't even look at my carbs, fats, proteins anymore. They are there, but I hardly pay attention to them.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

I guess I would fall into the mid carb range then!!

So my food looks like this today..
breakfast: none
Morning snack: SF jello
Lunch, salad with romaine, cherub tomatoes and cranberries and wishbone 10 spray spritzer
Afternoon snack: 1/2 cup watermelon
Dinner, stir fry veges with 2.4 oz of chicken
ES: artic Zero, and SF jello
Calories: 600 ... lets hope the scale likes me tomorrow, even with TOM in the house...
Exercise this morning Turbo cardio jam and tonight, running for 30 minutes...
Old 10-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Marie: I'm with you today. It's an UD for me, too. However, you know where your calories stand...I, for the very first time, have not tracked today. But I do feel as though my carbs have easily topped 100, which feels kinda scary. Scary from a LC frame of mind. So I get the place that you're in now.

So, why no tracking today? Hmm...I think it was too daunting today. I actually started logging today's anticipated foods last night. But today I started cleaning out the pantry and just found myself tasting and nibbling on "stuff" a good part of the afternoon. I just didn't feel like trying to figure out how to track a bite of this and a few of that. Bleah. Too much work. So I didn't. Now, I didn't go native or anything...brekkie was still coffee w/ creamer, lunch was a salad w/ blue cheese and chicken, dinner was a bowl of spag squash, diced chicken, ricotta and mozzarella. It's the in-betweens that are left "untracked." like the (planned) toffee almond crunch cookie w/ 1/4 cup glass of fresh cider...I guess I did track that. But I also threw in a few bites of my son's pasta bowl, a small dish of pumpkin pie ice cream on a sliver of apple pie, "some" port wine cheese, a "few" cheese crackers, a "couple" dark chocolate coffee beans. Peck, peck, peck.

Or maybe I just don't want to see the numbers. Don't care. Not weighing in the morning, and tomorrow will be under 500 calories.

On the sunny side though, the boys got out for nice bike ride this afternoon. Exercise is a good thing which I must do more often. Actually, I got a workout DVD in the mail today that I had ordered...it's geared toward busy moms. Once our houseguests move out of our basement, i'll try it out in my computer room down there.

Ok, now I'm rambling...Gonna go check on the laundry. Laters!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote