Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Should I Post A Thread On Main Lobby? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/738883-should-i-post-thread-main-lobby.html)

Beeb 10-07-2011 11:34 AM

Should I Post A Thread On Main Lobby?
 
I have been going back and forth with this idea for a week now. I SO want to post a thread about my LC and then JUDDD journey for others to see. Not that I'm an expert by any means, but just to show what happened when I changed from LC/VLC to JUDDD and the "magic" it is for me.

I hesitate though because this IS a LC site and I'm really not in the mood to be flamed and dissed left and right about it. I was hoping that if I did post something like this, maybe others would think about a different WOE if they are as stuck or gaining as I was. PLUS, there is SO much inspiration and comradeship on our JUDDD thread I'm sure this would be a big help, too for those who are lost and need a smaller group/WOE to help out.

So, what say you, JUDDD BUDDDs.......should I put my head in the fire? :eek::p

Mommie22boys 10-07-2011 11:47 AM

I would totally post on that thread with my own experience and success with JUDDD! but I get what you're saying...you just need to prepare yourself for the reality that there will be people who will take the opposing side, and that some of them don't speak delicately. But I'm totally with you!! :clap:

Joedi 10-07-2011 12:08 PM

I would post! If you hadn't, I wouldnt have found juddd!
Why not head your post "Long time stall or gain on very low carb?..heres what worked for me!"
That way, you are only likely to attract those who NEED a change of woe...and you are making it clear you are saying what helped YOU personally.
I believe you are doing moderate carbs, as are many on the main board, and you also eat healthily, which is the aim of most.
Say in you initial post that you are happy to answer questions on your juddd experience...but that you WONT be answering "flaming" posts, or defending your woe...and then dont.
I would hate to see you getting stressed and upset defending something that you shouldnt have to!
If you do post, I will be right there agreeing with you!
hugs
Jo
x

Low Carb Librarian 10-07-2011 01:26 PM

Yes! I think it is a good idea... I would read it!
: )

SoHappy 10-07-2011 01:49 PM

I say, go ahead and post over there again.

First of all, LCF - despite the name of Low Carb Friends - is no longer reserved only for low carb diets, and excluding of all others. All plans are welcome here.

So all followers of diets are welcome here, and we discuss and read and learn from one another, and sometimes that may result in some questioning, and even some harsh feelings against a plan that doesn't espouse the principles that *your* plan does. But it still boils down to everybody getting to choose how they hope to lose the weight, and what plan makes them feel great.

And here's another thing. There are people who don't investigate the other diet forums here, and remain mostly on the Main Lobby.. and they are struggling. Not losing weight. Trying everything they can think of doing to make weight loss occur, and nothing is working for them. Now it's fine if they don't want to try anything more than they are currently doing. And I wish them success very shortly.

But many of the JUDDDers were also struggling on straight low carb, and not getting results, and if we hadn't have somehow ever heard of JUDDD, we might still be struggling and facing even more weeks and months with little or no progress. Just reading about JUDDD, and knowing something else is out there to try sometime, when the time is right, when discouragement has brought a person to that *final straw* moment.. I just think it's OK to let folks know that JUDDD works.

It won't be for everyone. Not a problem. But for those who might benefit from this plan, and have never yet even heard of it, this might be a great big Ray of Hope! Worth a try.

Dottie 10-07-2011 02:19 PM

I wish more people would post their experiences with specific programs! I think that kind of sharing is what makes this site special:)
I do understand though, it's sometimes like being in the inquisition.
All I can suggest is: post your experiences and be the natural cheerleader you are, and don't engage in a battle of words. More people pay attention to the quietly assured than the ones who try to distract :)

SoHappy 10-07-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15068236)
I wish more people would post their experiences with specific programs! I think that kind of sharing is what makes this site special:)
I do understand though, it's sometimes like being in the inquisition.
All I can suggest is: post your experiences and be the natural cheerleader you are, and don't engage in a battle of words. More people pay attention to the quietly assured than the ones who try to distract :)

Thank you, Dottie, for coming in and posting this.

I think this site is very special, and a great part of that is the free exchange of ideas and concepts, and experiences.

Everybody gets to plot their own course, but you hate to just sit by while you watch them steer their ship over the waterfall.

jeaniem 10-07-2011 04:12 PM

Not a JUDDER,(maybe someday)I will give it a try again though.
Just wanted to say that you should post your experience. You have done low carb faithfully and obviously it stopped working for you. Who knows who you may help. I have found that very low carb and high fat does not work for me in controlling hunger long term. 2 meals with high protein and more carbs to add volume to my meals is working much better for me. We are all different and have to find what works for us individually. Congrats on your success! You seem so happy!

Joedi 10-07-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniem (Post 15068442)
Not a JUDDER,(maybe someday)I will give it a try again though.
Just wanted to say that you should post your experience. You have done low carb faithfully and obviously it stopped working for you. Who knows who you may help. I have found that very low carb and high fat does not work for me in controlling hunger long term. 2 meals with high protein and more carbs to add volume to my meals is working much better for me. We are all different and have to find what works for us individually. Congrats on your success! You seem so happy!

Glad you have found what works for you! And look how close you are to your goal... wtg!

Hugs
Jo
X

faithgirl 10-07-2011 04:58 PM

I think you should. We'll come over and support you! Just let us know when you do it. I don't go over there very often anymore...

darlingnikki 10-07-2011 05:13 PM

you are the reason I am here *blush*
hugs
Nikki

Beeb 10-08-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darlingnikki (Post 15068539)
you are the reason I am here *blush*
hugs
Nikki

Awww.....thanks! :hugs:

Well, I'm going to take the plunge this week and write the thread. I will be thinking about how to word it so I'm not stepping on anyone's toes or making it look like I'm "in your face" with my thoughts on LC, JUDDD and my happiness.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and welcomed! :up::clap:

AmyInTX 10-08-2011 01:10 PM

I'm with Joedi .... because of your posts and love of JUDDD ... I made my way to this part of the forum!!

Post it :)

Beeb 10-08-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyInTX (Post 15070319)
I'm with Joedi .... because of your posts and love of JUDDD ... I made my way to this part of the forum!!

Post it :)

So glad I could bring you over to the "Dark Side" also! :jumpjoy::hugs:

And thanks EVERYBODY :hugs: for helping me decide on this! Dottie, your post meant a lot to me, BTW, and I really like the way you said "More people pay attention to the quietly assured than the ones who try to distract". :up:

Dottie 10-08-2011 01:23 PM

Beeb I think one of the things you should include would be what challenged you the most about JUDDD. You're a fantastic cheerleader and I really think that including your struggles would be inspiring for someone considering the plan, to know that it has challenges that can be overcome :)

Beeb 10-08-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15070338)
Beeb I think one of the things you should include would be what challenged you the most about JUDDD. You're a fantastic cheerleader and I really think that including your struggles would be inspiring for someone considering the plan, to know that it has challenges that can be overcome :)

Great minds think alike! ;) I decided today that this ^^^ was going to be my theme, how I was doing LC and was about to give up again and looked at JUDDD and liked the "challenge" of trying to get the most bang for my DD calorie bucks! This really was the only challenge I can think of because all the rest was easy. I could eat what I wanted now. Doing LC, I feel, was a greater challenge, especially eating out and I want to mention this, too but not sure because people may take this in the wrong way, like me saying LC was really hard, etc and that it was too restricting.

SoHappy 10-08-2011 01:41 PM

Possible thoughts. Perhaps you can word it in such a way as to admit that it was restricting, as in.. it was LOW carb as the name implies, but that it was hard only from that standpoint. Well, also that it was hard to realize that you had reached a place of discouragement. And what was so discouraging was that after toeing the line down to the nth degree, you were not only not losing weight.. you were gaining! And that is where it became the hardest. Not hard to do, but hard to come to terms with when you had gone so low that you didn't think there was anything left to cut, other than being able to eat. ?

Beeb 10-08-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15070363)
Possible thoughts. Perhaps you can word it in such a way as to admit that it was restricting, as in.. it was LOW carb as the name implies, but that it was hard only from that standpoint. Well, also that it was hard to realize that you had reached a place of discouragement. And what was so discouraging was that after toeing the line down to the nth degree, you were not only not losing weight.. you were gaining! And that is where it became the hardest. Not hard to do, but hard to come to terms with when you had gone so low that you didn't think there was anything left to cut, other than being able to eat. ?

LIKE this!!! :up: Thanks Pat!! :hugs:

SoHappy 10-08-2011 03:12 PM

Well, I think when you present this for anyone's consideration, you have the right to be truthful about problems you had before JUDDD, and you also owe them truth about what things might be hard for others if they contemplate this plan. Because there have been those who tried in the past and gave it up. But I think that was back when most thought you absolutely had to do 500 calories. I wonder if they would still be here today, and have lost quite a bit of weight too, if they'd just have been told it was OK to try it at a higher level right off the bat, just to see how they did there.

It worked at 700 calories for you, so well that you practically melted before our very eyes! And if that level is too high for some, it's not a big step to drop to 600 cals after awhile, and then down to 500, etc. if need be.

As we all know over here, one way or another JUDDD can be adapted to your needs, and you can adapt to the necessary high/low calorie cycling concept.

I'm looking forward to your post. Good luck with it.

Beeb 10-09-2011 09:16 PM

I DID IT!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...ong-story.html

Mommie22boys 10-09-2011 09:31 PM

Yay!! I'm headed to bed now, but I'll check it out in the morning! :)

Joedi 10-10-2011 01:22 AM

Fab! Have just read it, and you did a wonderful job!

Jo
X

dianthus 10-11-2011 08:25 PM

I'm so glad you posted on the LC site, Beeb. I've been struggling with low carbing off and on for months. I did really well for the first year and a half, but never got to goal weight. I am happy with low carb, but when I get to a certain point, I can maintain forever, but just stop losing. I recently restarted after a summer of eating corn, ice cream,and what ever came my way. Your post caught my eye, and I immediately decided to try the JUDDD approach--low carb version--today was my first DD. I'll let you know how I do. I think its the kick in the pants I need.
Thanks for posting.

SoHappy 10-11-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianthus (Post 15080322)
I'm so glad you posted on the LC site, Beeb. I've been struggling with low carbing off and on for months. I did really well for the first year and a half, but never got to goal weight. I am happy with low carb, but when I get to a certain point, I can maintain forever, but just stop losing. I recently restarted after a summer of eating corn, ice cream,and what ever came my way. Your post caught my eye, and I immediately decided to try the JUDDD approach--low carb version--today was my first DD. I'll let you know how I do. I think its the kick in the pants I need.
Thanks for posting.

Woo Hoo! Glad you're joining us, Dianthus! :welcome: I know you'll love it and be very successful in losing the weight you'd like to have gone.

Beeb 10-11-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianthus (Post 15080322)
I'm so glad you posted on the LC site, Beeb. I've been struggling with low carbing off and on for months. I did really well for the first year and a half, but never got to goal weight. I am happy with low carb, but when I get to a certain point, I can maintain forever, but just stop losing. I recently restarted after a summer of eating corn, ice cream,and what ever came my way. Your post caught my eye, and I immediately decided to try the JUDDD approach--low carb version--today was my first DD. I'll let you know how I do. I think its the kick in the pants I need.
Thanks for posting.

:welcome: I'm SO happy my post got you to come over to the "JUDDD side" of life! :jumpjoy: I posted my story in the hopes of helping those who are struggling like you (and like I was).

You will find this WOE so amazing and freeing and I am looking forward to your posts to see how you are doing!

Glad I could help! :hugs:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 AM.