Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Gluc Pudding? Texture?

I really want to try this but I have a thing about "texture" in foods and if the texture is not like pudding here I'm going to be wasting a lot of product. I don't want a gummy, gritty pudding, I want a creamy, smooth pudding.

Can someone tell me if I will like this, texture wise?

TIA
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Mine is not gritty at all. Mine has a texture very much like regular pudding: thick and smooth. The only way it really differs is that it 's kinda...slippery, if that makes sense. HTH, Linda.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Mine is not gritty at all. Mine has a texture very much like regular pudding: thick and smooth. The only way it really differs is that it 's kinda...slippery, if that makes sense. HTH, Linda.
OK, slippery I understand! Can you tell me how you make yours, calories, etc.?

TIA, Mommie!!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Yes, I was going to look up a recipe one of these days... I could use a good recipe with a cal count!
: )
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I would agree with Andrea! Thick and smooth, not sticky at all or gritty!
I do mine like this: I scoop choc protein powder, 1 tsp gluc ,a pinch salt, 1 T cocoa ( for a dark choc pud) and 1 T flavoring... I like banana or almond. I put everything in a tub with a locking lid, give the dry ingredients a mix, then add a cup of cold water, place the ld on and shake hard! Open the tub, mix again for any dry that hasn't blended, add more water, about half to another a cup, lid on, shake again. If I made the second lot of water warm, it thickens quicker.
I do this every night before a DD. It makes a BIG portion of pudding... and I have lots of small portions during the day.
The protein keeps me satisfied longer. Cals are about 115.

For a lower cal one, 1 T any flavor sugar free pudding mix, I tsp flavoring ( cocoa in the choc one, vanilla or banana in the vanilla or banana ones,) 1/2 tsp gluc, and 1 cup water. Mix and shake as before, and pop in the fridge. About 50 cals.

You can do the smaller one with a sachet of diet hot choc too... Lots of nice flavors.... Choc mint is lovely.

If you can spare a few cals, try using half almond milk half water, for a creamier pud!

Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Last edited by Joedi; 10-07-2011 at 12:36 AM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:29 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
My recipe is on page 19 of the DD recipe page...3rd or 4th post from the top.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #7

Thanks JUDDD BUDDDs!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:37 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
here is the super delicious Appletini pudding I made today--1 scoop vanilla PP (100), 1.5 tsp glu powder, 1 packet crystal lite appletini mix (15), 2 cups unsweetened almond milk(70). Blend in magic bullet one minute, pour in bowl and refrigerate--185 cals for whole thing. You can change the flavours by changing the crystal lite flavouring--I usually just take a spoonful if I am feeling hungry!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
here is the super delicious Appletini pudding I made today--1 scoop vanilla PP (100), 1.5 tsp glu powder, 1 packet crystal lite appletini mix (15), 2 cups unsweetened almond milk(70). Blend in magic bullet one minute, pour in bowl and refrigerate--185 cals for whole thing. You can change the flavours by changing the crystal lite flavouring--I usually just take a spoonful if I am feeling hungry!
OMG I can't get the CL Appeltini in my area, or any of the other kind of these drink mixes but I'm sure I can find an apple one of some kind to try this! It sounds SO good!! Thank Ouiz!!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/137.7/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
guess I'll have to try GLU pudding again, because the one time I made it , it tasted like chocolate...GLUE. I was told I used too much though.
I've been a fraid of it so I have a whole bag in the cabinet that I sometimes sprinkle along with xanthan gum which I trust.

Thanks Beeb for asking the question. I should try it again. I, like you said, and really on the texture thing and it can ruin an otherwise tasty dish for me. I don't like okra or anything slippery or slimy or gummy. Chewy is fine but not if I can't swallow it without difficulty. The problem I had last time was the "pudding" stuck to the insides of my mouth so much, I couldn't swallow it down in one normal swallow.

Not to scare anyone away, I just need peoples suggestions to tweak it , since I hate wasting my almond milk on bad results.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
I would agree with Andrea! Thick and smooth, not sticky at all or gritty!
I do mine like this: I scoop choc protein powder, 1 tsp gluc ,a pinch salt, 1 T cocoa ( for a dark choc pud) and 1 T flavoring... I like banana or almond. I put everything in a tub with a locking lid, give the dry ingredients a mix, then add a cup of cold water, place the ld on and shake hard! Open the tub, mix again for any dry that hasn't blended, add more water, about half to another a cup, lid on, shake again. If I made the second lot of water warm, it thickens quicker.
I do this every night before a DD. It makes a BIG portion of pudding... and I have lots of small portions during the day.
The protein keeps me satisfied longer. Cals are about 115.

For a lower cal one, 1 T any flavor sugar free pudding mix, I tsp flavoring ( cocoa in the choc one, vanilla or banana in the vanilla or banana ones,) 1/2 tsp gluc, and 1 cup water. Mix and shake as before, and pop in the fridge. About 50 cals.

You can do the smaller one with a sachet of diet hot choc too... Lots of nice flavors.... Choc mint is lovely.

If you can spare a few cals, try using half almond milk half water, for a creamier pud!

Hugs
Jo
X
I'm taking notes!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
Thanks for asking this question BEEB! Now if my gluc would just get here, i'd be set....
faithgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #13

OK, here is what I did: 3/4 cup calorie countdown milk, 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 packets purvia sweetener and 1 tsp gluc.

It actually came out good except I will lessen the gluc next time because I probably could chew the pudding if I wanted to, it's that thick! Will also had more sweetener. It would make a great filling though for the LC DD muffin!

41 calories for the serving. Next time going to use water to see how that works so it's will only be 15 cals for the unsweetened cocoa power!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 10-08-2011 at 11:19 AM..
Old 10-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my gosh, that sounds so good-a thick filling for the muffins! I have got to get some oat fiber!
Old 10-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
OK, here is what I did: 3/4 cup calorie countdown milk, 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 packets purvia sweetener and 1 tsp gluc.

It actually came out good except I will lessen the gluc next time because I probably could chew the pudding if I wanted to, it's that thick! Will also had more sweetener. It would make a great filling though for the LC DD muffin!

41 calories for the serving. Next time going to use water to see how that works so it's will only be 15 cals for the unsweetened cocoa power!

Another thing, thickeners tend to bind up sweetness, so you need a lot more sweetness to get the same sweet taste.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Made one today using baja bobs mudslide mix, 1 cup water, 1 T cocoa and 1 tsp gluc.... Had to add a couple of drops sweetner, and avlittle more water as it was very thick.
Very yummy for 15 cals... just what I needed to combat my Tom hunger and sweet tooth!

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
OK I finally caved and ordered some Glu powder, in the mean time I found PGX singles and decided to play around...
I used 1 cup water and sprinkeled on three single packets and shook.
Then I added 1/4 cup white chocolate davinci and 1/4 cup walden farms caramel syrup, shook and let it sit over night. This morning I woke up to ZERO calorie butterscotch type pudding and it is SOOOO good!
seriously??? Can it be that simple to get a delicous calorie free fiber source?
C'mon, where's the catch?? Will I gain weight from the fiber? Get constipated??
This is TGTBT!!!

FABULOUS IN MY FORTIES!
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

What are PGX singles?
Old 10-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Zero cal sounds great to me... Going to google PGX!

By the way... what is your favorite Gluc brand?
Old 10-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Pgx is a fiber supplement to help you feel full first ingredient is konjac root if you get the singles (not the pills) designed to add to water bottles you can buy Pgx at walmart.

Last edited by darlingnikki; 10-09-2011 at 01:27 PM..
Old 10-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, well that is the same stuff as glucomann... Maybe I will just get that.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingnikki View Post
OK I finally caved and ordered some Glu powder, in the mean time I found PGX singles and decided to play around...
I used 1 cup water and sprinkeled on three single packets and shook.
Then I added 1/4 cup white chocolate davinci and 1/4 cup walden farms caramel syrup, shook and let it sit over night. This morning I woke up to ZERO calorie butterscotch type pudding and it is SOOOO good!
seriously??? Can it be that simple to get a delicous calorie free fiber source?
C'mon, where's the catch?? Will I gain weight from the fiber? Get constipated??
This is TGTBT!!!
I did this last night and I'm eating half of it right now! BUTTERSCOTCH goodness and 0 cals!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE, YOU ASK? I don't care, it's JUST GOOD!!!

I'm thinking of all the other flavor combos I want to make now!!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
I did this last night and I'm eating half of it right now! BUTTERSCOTCH goodness and 0 cals!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE, YOU ASK? I don't care, it's JUST GOOD!!!

I'm thinking of all the other flavor combos I want to make now!!
OK, I also found today that if you warm this up in the mircowave it's even better!! It gets really smooth and tasted better (to me) warm!!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Glucomannan Safety

Here is a copy of what I posted on the main thread:

After seeing the comment that the store in Canada could not sell glucommanan I Googled it.

Here is what I came up with:

Precautions:
Glucomannan tablets are not considered safe because they may cause blockages of the throat or intestines, termed gastrointestinal obstruction. Several countries have actually banned glucomannan due to its high prevalence of gastrointestinal obstruction. The Cleveland Clinic also recommends that diabetics avoid taking glucomannanm, as it may interfere with blood sugar levels.

I had read some time ago that the capsules were not good to use.

I love using Gluc powder, but I make sure I use it in a lot of liquid. i think as long as it is used in cooking, it is combined with other things so should not be a problem. Canada does not sell a lot of things we are used to buying in the US. They also have some great things we cannot buy here such as the yogurt and the good brown sugar sub that is now illegal here!!

I think there are a lot of things that can be unsafe for us to ingest without knowing what the problems could be. As long as we know the safe way to use it we are OK.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post

After seeing the comment that the store in Canada could not sell glucommanan I Googled it.

Precautions:
Glucomannan tablets are not considered safe because they may cause blockages of the throat or intestines, termed gastrointestinal obstruction. Several countries have actually banned glucomannan due to its high prevalence of gastrointestinal obstruction. The Cleveland Clinic also recommends that diabetics avoid taking glucomannanm, as it may interfere with blood sugar levels.

I love using Gluc powder, but I make sure I use it in a lot of liquid. i think as long as it is used in cooking, it is combined with other things so should not be a problem. Canada does not sell a lot of things we are used to buying in the US. They also have some great things we cannot buy here such as the yogurt and the good brown sugar sub that is now illegal here!!

I think there are a lot of things that can be unsafe for us to ingest without knowing what the problems could be. As long as we know the safe way to use it we are OK.
This...but I did get a bag from the internet, in the meantime I can get it in PGX.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
I order a big bag from the Miracle Noodle site--no problem--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #27

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post

Precautions:

Yes, this is something that it's best to mix with your fluids and let it swell (thicken) to full capacity before consuming it. If you take it dry, or before it's had a chance to absorb and swell, it can do that inside you, and that's apparently when some have ever had a problem with a blockage from the stuff. And, frankly, I expect that's a rare occurrence. That would have to be a pretty big dose of dry powder to create much of a blockage. But I wouldn't want to take a chance.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote