Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Try this with your CocoPops. Take a wedge of laughing cow cheese (I like the herb/garlic) and spread it on the CocoPop. I split the cheese in half and take 2 Pops and I got a great snack for 51 calories!!
Great suggestion! I happen to have several flavors of lite laughing cow wedges in my fridge right now. in fact, those should have been on my DD list above. Hard to remember all of my DD options! Thanks, Linda!

Btw, I love your post in the ML. Totally fab! I want to post a reply there, but haven't been able to put my head in the right place to say what I want there. Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed reading it and can relate to parts of your story like they were my own.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
my fave meal is one cup rhubarb mixed with a ff yogurt (the kind with splenda for 5 carbs and 35 cals) makes a huge nommy bowl sometimes if I need more cals I throw in some shredded unsweetened coconut for texture.
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:25 PM   #33
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Great suggestion! I happen to have several flavors of lite laughing cow wedges in my fridge right now. in fact, those should have been on my DD list above. Hard to remember all of my DD options! Thanks, Linda!

Btw, I love your post in the ML. Totally fab! I want to post a reply there, but haven't been able to put my head in the right place to say what I want there. Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed reading it and can relate to parts of your story like they were my own.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingnikki View Post
my fave meal is one cup rhubarb mixed with a ff yogurt (the kind with splenda for 5 carbs and 35 cals) makes a huge nommy bowl sometimes if I need more cals I throw in some shredded unsweetened coconut for texture.
Can you tell us what yogurt you are using? It sounds great, love the low cals!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Yoplait Source, fat-free and aspartame-free yogurt
Old 10-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I make a huge "glu" shake that I sip on to make the hunger go away. I mix 2 tsp glu powder and one package crystal lite--Add a quart of cold water and shake like crazy. 0 cals. Sometimes I add a couple of cups of almond milk (70 cals) to make it creamy. And if I am just going to fast til dinner and then eat, I add a scoop of protein powder--then the whole giant thang is 170 calories, proteiny and gluey and gets me to dinner. I do this because sometimes it is easier to drink then to start eating.

I also eat a 100 calorie nonfat greek yogurt and squirt some MIO in there, or mix half cottage cheese half greek yogurt with MIO. I especially love the berry flavour. Add 2 Tbs of stewed rhubarb (14 cals) and yum. If you do carbs, add 2 Tbs of Fiber One (20 cals) and super yum.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Thanks for the compliment, Andrea! It was taken by my hubby on a meal out!

As to the rhubarb..I do mine on the stovetop...fresh or frozen...I just add a 1/4 cup of erythriitol, some davinci's, pop the lid on the pan, and cook gently until soft. Make sure you taste to make sure its sweet enough!
I have added flavourings to mine..orange extract, coconut extract...and apple...all enhance it very nicely!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #37

Quote:
Thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Linda: thanks for the heads-up on those CocoPops! I had three today (DD) and they barely made a dent in my calories! In fact, the boys saw me making my after school snack on one and they decided that's what they wanted after hockey practice tonight...CocoPops with a smear of PB. of course, I had mine with lite laughing cow, but they're kids...PB is like a food group to them.

Thanks again!!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I've looked all over for the cocopops here, and can't find them. The closest is a standard rice cake at 40 calories. Not low enough to waste it on a rice cake at 40 calories. I'd rather have a piece of 40-cal bread. Or just skip it.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
You can also just microwave rhubarb with a little of your favorite sweetening. Then you don't need any water (that keeps it from burning in the pot). We grow a lot of rhubarb, but we never remember to freeze any. Too bad, because it's yummy in May. Then it's gone for the season. When I garden, I just snap off the young stalks and eat them without any sweetener--like little lemons, they're so sour.
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #41

Quote:
Linda: thanks for the heads-up on those CocoPops! I had three today (DD) and they barely made a dent in my calories! In fact, the boys saw me making my after school snack on one and they decided that's what they wanted after hockey practice tonight...CocoPops with a smear of PB. of course, I had mine with lite laughing cow, but they're kids...PB is like a food group to them.

Thanks again!!
So happy you like them!! My fav, too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I've looked all over for the cocopops here, and can't find them. The closest is a standard rice cake at 40 calories. Not low enough to waste it on a rice cake at 40 calories. I'd rather have a piece of 40-cal bread. Or just skip it.
Did you check in the produce aisle? Sometimes that is where they can be found. Also, maybe check out the site and see if they have a store locator? Wish you could find these, Pat. I know you would love them!!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #42

Quote:
Did you check in the produce aisle? Sometimes that is where they can be found. Also, maybe check out the site and see if they have a store locator? Wish you could find these, Pat. I know you would love them!!
Produce?

I'll check again tomorrow. It would have never occurred to me to look there. So far I've looked in the Health Market section, the crackers section, and the chips and snacks section.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Produce?

I'll check again tomorrow. It would have never occurred to me to look there. So far I've looked in the Health Market section, the crackers section, and the chips and snacks section.
Check in the fresh baked goods aisle, also. I can get mine at a local flea market, too!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #44

Quote:
Well, looks like this is a produce only sold in Canada! I'm SO bummed about this!! I looked on their site and it's not a product I see in the States. I am going to call tomorrow, though and ask!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
I can't find cocopops either. I can't remember if the website had a store locator or not. I'll have to check.
faithgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
Nope, no store locator. They are located in New Jersey, so maybe they are an East coast thing?
faithgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Linda: The CocoPops I buy are made by Wegmans...that's what I found when I googled them the other day. It even says Wegmans on the package that I bought. Wegmans is a chain of grocery stores in the northeast. (Maybe you've got a wegmans...I think they have a store or two in NJ.) Anyway, I'm confused how anyone is able to find these outside o a wegmans store? What store do you buy yours at? I'm afraid I just don't get it.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:22 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well, looks like this is a produce only sold in Canada! I'm SO bummed about this!! I looked on their site and it's not a product I see in the States. I am going to call tomorrow, though and ask!
Wow I think that's a first LOL
Astro also makes one...?

If it makes you feel better I have never seen a cocopop! haha

BTW I was at a health food store last night asked about Glu powder she said they had to pull it all off the shelf and can't sell it anymore?

Glad I ordered a bag online while I still could!

Nikki.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
guys--remember that Whole Foods has a healthy version of the cocopops--they aren't called that, but they have the same NI
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:44 AM   #50

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
guys--remember that Whole Foods has a healthy version of the cocopops--they aren't called that, but they have the same NI

Thanks so much! We have our first Whole Foods opening TODAY!
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #51

Quote:
Linda: The CocoPops I buy are made by Wegmans...that's what I found when I googled them the other day. It even says Wegmans on the package that I bought. Wegmans is a chain of grocery stores in the northeast. (Maybe you've got a wegmans...I think they have a store or two in NJ.) Anyway, I'm confused how anyone is able to find these outside o a wegmans store? What store do you buy yours at? I'm afraid I just don't get it.
The one's I buy are either Kelly's Popcakes, CocoPop brands or a store brand. I get them at Shop-Rite, Columbus Flea Market and have seen them in other stores also, under the store's name. The store will buy the CocoPop machine and then sell them under the store name like Wegmans does. Maybe there are only in the East coast, never thought of that!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #52

Quote:
Wow I think that's a first LOL
Astro also makes one...?

If it makes you feel better I have never seen a cocopop! haha

BTW I was at a health food store last night asked about Glu powder she said they had to pull it all off the shelf and can't sell it anymore?

Glad I ordered a bag online while I still could!

Nikki.
Why? Now I'm concerned about this product if they are pulling it from stores!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Healthy version? The Cocopops have the same ingredients and are made the same as the Whole Food ones (I saw them last time I was there) but they are double the price as the ones I get in a regular store.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Healthy version? The Cocopops have the same ingredients and are made the same as the Whole Food ones (I saw them last time I was there) but they are double the price as the ones I get in a regular store.
Lol! Linda, you did answer my question about the brands...didn't know the stores bought the machines and then made them on their own.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
They sell the Cocopops under a different name at one grocery store in my area - they have a machine that makes a loud POP noise and spits them out. They have a guy in a booth with this machine, and he makes them during the day, and he bags them up as he makes them so they are available after he leaves the booth. I like them but can't buy them anymore. I'm not sure why, but when I eat them, they make me hungry! And I mean ravenously hungry...maybe it's a grain thing, dunno. I'm bummed about it, because they are a treat.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
They sell the Cocopops under a different name at one grocery store in my area - they have a machine that makes a loud POP noise and spits them out. They have a guy in a booth with this machine, and he makes them during the day, and he bags them up as he makes them so they are available after he leaves the booth. I like them but can't buy them anymore. I'm not sure why, but when I eat them, they make me hungry! And I mean ravenously hungry...maybe it's a grain thing, dunno. I'm bummed about it, because they are a treat.
Donna! You're home!

I've missed you like crazy. How was Aruba?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Aruba was awesome, Pat! I don't think I'll go back, though. The prices have become insane. For example, my mom and I went to a restaurant that had been highly recommended as being reasonable with authentic Dutch food...well, we each had a bowl of tomato soup and a Dutch pancake and it cost more than $40

I missed you guys too! And I need to get back on track. I was sooooo good in Aruba but was possessed by food demons when I got home.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #58

Quote:
Aruba was awesome, Pat! I don't think I'll go back, though. The prices have become insane. For example, my mom and I went to a restaurant that had been highly recommended as being reasonable with authentic Dutch food...well, we each had a bowl of tomato soup and a Dutch pancake and it cost more than $40

I missed you guys too! And I need to get back on track. I was sooooo good in Aruba but was possessed by food demons when I got home.
First of all, $40 for tomato soup and a pancake??? Gah! That is pretty outrageous. I know you had fun with your mom though, and she will treasure her memories of this trip with you forever. You're a good daughter.

And secondly, .... eh! So you got off plan a smidge and are fighting the demons at the moment. It happens occasionally to all of us, and you know as an old-timer on JUDDD, this plan will be able to take care of it all once you get back into the cycle.

Starting out at a bit higher cal level for your DDs is always an easy way to get back into it. I know you'll be fine shortly. And back to splitting toast with me.

Glad you're home.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #59

Quote:

HOME!! I missed you so and so glad to have you back, JUDDD BUDDD!!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Just made a batch of chocolate gluc pudding for tomorrow's DD. I added some peanut butter cappella drops and some butterscotch flavoring. Yum!