Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Dazy, How is NOAH? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/738572-dazy-how-noah.html)

SoHappy 10-05-2011 03:50 PM

Dazy, How is NOAH?

I've been thinking of him. Well, of all of you, actually.

Was this the day of the *big* chemo treatment he had to have? Just wanted to see how he's feeling, and how you're holding up too. :hugs:

Beeb 10-05-2011 03:55 PM

Ditto! Was thinking about you guys this afternoon. Hope you all are doing well! :hugs:

dazygyrl 10-05-2011 07:03 PM

thank you so much for asking. :hugs: your thoughts and prayers mean so much.

actually his treatments are being moved to fridays!! which will be good for when he gets his big treatment, then he will have the weekend to recoup. and that starts this friday. will go to the clinic and they'll access his port, draw blood, and get his fluids going. then we'll go over to the hospital (all the same big building) and they'll do they chemo over there. along with the nausea the chemo causes, one of the other drugs has a potential side effect of causing bleeding in his bladder. it they give another med to counteract that at the time of administering, then again at 4 hrs and 8 hrs. then they want to load him fluids to flush him out good. so not only does he get nauseated but he has to pee every 15-20 min! and as soon as he is taking fluids well, we can go home. am hoping that will be quicker this time!

he's been feeling great since he got out of the hospital from his fever a week and a half ago! been at school everyday and doing really well. his only "issue" has been his scalp being very sensitive to touch from the chemo, presumably. it's something got very frustrated with, but that is thankfully getting better.

thanks, again for asking about him. :heart:

SoHappy 10-05-2011 07:13 PM

Gee, that sounds like a good plan. Having that weekend to recoup a little bit before school again is a smart idea.

I've heard about that sensitive scalp thing with chemo too. Weird side effect! I wonder what would cause that.

Sounds like it's really going wonderfully well so far! Yay!

Hugs to you all. :hugs: I know you're all strong and pull together to get through this and just finally some day be DONE with it all.

dazygyrl 10-05-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15063223)
Gee, that sounds like a good plan. Having that weekend to recoup a little bit before school again is a smart idea.

I've heard about that sensitive scalp thing with chemo too. Weird side effect! I wonder what would cause that.

Sounds like it's really going wonderfully well so far! Yay!

Hugs to you all. :hugs: I know you're all strong and pull together to get through this and just finally some day be DONE with it all.

yep! just gotta do what we gotta do to reach the finish line!

Beeb 10-05-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazygyrl (Post 15063228)
yep! just gotta do what we gotta do to reach the finish line!

And all of us will be at that finish line cheering him through!!! :jumpjoy: What a trooper! I wish I could be as proud and stoic as our Noah!! :hugs::high5:

AmyInTX 10-05-2011 08:25 PM

Soooo glad to read this!! I don't know your real name or anything about you, but I do know, just from reading your posts, that you are a good mom. And with that strength in his corner, he will hit that finish line with flying colors! Kudos to you AND to Noah for reminding me that life is precious, and through it all love endures! Much love from TX! You all got this! :)

Joedi 10-06-2011 02:28 PM

Thinking of you and your brave little man every day!
Give him a big hug from me!

Hugs
Jo
x

msack3889 10-06-2011 02:31 PM

:hugs: