Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
first week weigh in and a melt down

Good Morning JUDDD Buds!
So this morning was my one week weigh in after starting JUDDD last Saturday.
Let me preface this by saying I have committed to a two week trial and that will not change!
So I have to go on a last minute road trip today and won’t be posting again until Monday morning, and my UD today will be B- choco-peanut protein shake, L-left over pork chop and cabbage and late dinner out with the girls, I will have 1000 cals to play with for dinner. Tomorrow I have packed two 3 carb canned protein shakes for lunch and dinner which will be 360 cals total so I will be on plan.
So I started to feel PMS yesterday and knew I wouldn’t be happy today…then yesterday afternoon my gyno calls and guess what, I have to have a hysterectomy October 19. I won’t get into details but my stress levels went off the charts and I didn’t sleep all last night, my skin was just crawling with anxiety.
So this morning at 5:30 I drag my butt out of bed (and LOL I got my TOM, my very last one) and after weighing about 50 times butt nekkid and crying In the bathroom I have results anywhere from 135.4 to 137.8. (I started at 137) So I guess my results were ‘inconclusive’ …my DH got out the measuring tape and made me measure…my measurements were 37, 26 ˝ and 37…down a ˝” in the waist other measurements were the same. Thank God for DH he actually listens when I talk about my WOE and scale issues!
So my dear JUDDD buds, I wish I had better news sufficient to say I just want to make it through the next month…I hope my hysterectomy goes smoothly as DH and I are going to Mexico November 18 for our 20th wedding anniversary!

Till Monday…Love, Nikki.

FABULOUS IN MY FORTIES!
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Nikki,

perhaps I will catch you before you leave. I am positive any weight gain is water retention due to your cycle. I think you will have a better grasp on things NEXT Saturday. I do understand why you are emotional right now, especially with the news of your hysterectomy. Hang in there. It will get better. That is wonderful that you lost a 1/2". I am glad you are committed to giving this program 2 full weeks. I think you will be glad you did.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
1/2 an inch after a week is a TERRIFIC accomplishment!

I have lost 1/4 inch after 3 weeks.

So ignore your DUMB scale and focus on that loss. Belly fat is so important to lose.

And good luck with the operation, hope it makes life easier when it's done!
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:06 AM   #4

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingnikki View Post

Good Morning JUDDD Buds!
So this morning was my one week weigh in after starting JUDDD last Saturday.
Let me preface this by saying I have committed to a two week trial and that will not change!
So I have to go on a last minute road trip today and won’t be posting again until Monday morning, and my UD today will be B- choco-peanut protein shake, L-left over pork chop and cabbage and late dinner out with the girls, I will have 1000 cals to play with for dinner. Tomorrow I have packed two 3 carb canned protein shakes for lunch and dinner which will be 360 cals total so I will be on plan.
So I started to feel PMS yesterday and knew I wouldn’t be happy today…then yesterday afternoon my gyno calls and guess what, I have to have a hysterectomy October 19. I won’t get into details but my stress levels went off the charts and I didn’t sleep all last night, my skin was just crawling with anxiety.
So this morning at 5:30 I drag my butt out of bed (and LOL I got my TOM, my very last one) and after weighing about 50 times butt nekkid and crying In the bathroom I have results anywhere from 135.4 to 137.8. (I started at 137) So I guess my results were ‘inconclusive’ …my DH got out the measuring tape and made me measure…my measurements were 37, 26 ˝ and 37…down a ˝” in the waist other measurements were the same. Thank God for DH he actually listens when I talk about my WOE and scale issues!
So my dear JUDDD buds, I wish I had better news sufficient to say I just want to make it through the next month…I hope my hysterectomy goes smoothly as DH and I are going to Mexico November 18 for our 20th wedding anniversary!

Till Monday…Love, Nikki.
I call this good work! And also, I call this a perfect example of needing a new scale. Or at least a new battery.

If you started at 137 last Saturday, and have the normal water retention that usually accompanies TOM, and still only weigh 137.8 this morning with water retention, you are doing great. 'Cause I see that is meaning you have actually lost weight.

And with the scale giving you a reading as low as 135.4 this morning... that could mean even better weight loss. So you actually don't know for sure, but taking it at either, given the various scale readings, if TOM has arrived and this is the worst the scale can show you, I'd say "congratulations.. JUDDD is doing a good job for you."

And with being down half an inch in waist measurement this morning, after only one week, that would be further conformation that you've had a good week. Yay!

I'm sorry you have to have surgery this month, but the upside is that YOU'RE FREE AT LAST. I know if you need to have surgery, there are troubles that aren't pleasant to have to put up with, so this is a good thing. Just a *not very fun* thing to have to go through. Sorry.

Have a good road trip. See you next Monday! Have a good weekend!
Old 10-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I agree with the others, GOOD JOB!! Any loss is a loss no matter where and how!

Here is a site for you that helped so much when I had to have my hysterectomy. Hysterectomy Support Discussions, Before Hysterectomy, After Hysterectomy, Recovery - HysterSisters. The BEST site for us ladies and LOTS AND LOTS of info. Just read the info; how to prepare, what to bring, etc. and not the forums with all the comments.

I am SO glad I got mine when I did and it was the BEST decision of my LIFE!

to you Nikki, and keep keeping on! Don't lose faith!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 10-01-2011 at 07:59 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #6

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
That is a great site.

I REGRET cancelling mine when I had the chance. Just tossing that out there!
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Nikki, you're smaller, right? So to hell with the scale!

Sorry to hear about the hysterectomy-- I know it's scary and stressful. I also know you'll do great. And we'll all be here to support you through it.
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:45 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
*sniff* thanks ladies...love the hystersisters site all ready there thank you for the tips and the support love you all!
On my way to Edmonton!
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
TLH
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TLH
Stats: 215/208/180 6'ft Short
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 9/20/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
The scale has disappointed me two days in a row, but I refuse to get discouraged. Tomorrow is another day!

Andrea, YAY! You're here!

Joedi, hoipe you figure out the source of your troubles soon!
Oh Honey. I am so sorry to hear of your news but I am sure there is a good reason for it.

As a rule I always go with the lowest number on the scale and am done with it. No reason to fret, obviously at sometime this morning you weighed that weight and that is all that matters. Hang in there in the weeks to come. You know we are all here for you.
TLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
Have a good trip. I also found hystersisters to be wonderful before and after my hysterectomy. And I also haven't regretted having a hysterectomy for one millisecond. With the help of the support at hystersisters, I recovered very quickly, as most women do, and there are now great bioidentical transdermal hormone options if you need them post-surgery. Good luck!
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote