Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   ? about Ouizoid's super low cal muffin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/738002-about-ouizoids-super-low-cal-muffin.html)

Mommie22boys 10-01-2011 05:16 AM

? about Ouizoid's super low cal muffin

I am going to give this recipe a shot today. However, my microwave is on the fritz so I'm gonna need to make mine in the oven. Before I try this though, I have 2 questions: 1) I don't have liquid egg whites to measure out, but I do have eggs...do u think 2 separated egg whites will equal the 1/3 liquid egg white called for in the recipe? And 2) any idea what temp and for how long I should try in my oven? TIA!!

I'll post a copy of the recipe I found so you can see what i'm talking about:

Here is the recipe as ouizoid posted it:

DRY
1/4 cup oat fiber
2 Tbs Hersheys special dark cocoa (20 cals)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 or a little less cup erythritol
1 tsp glucomannan powder

blend dry ingredients

WET
1/3 cup liquid eggwhite (30)
2 Tbs davinci SF vanilla syrup
2 Tbs hersheys sf chocolate syrup (15 cals) (or 2 T ff greek yogurt, FF sour cream or Walden Farms sweet dip)
mix together wet and dry and microwave for about a minute. There may be a little moist stuff on top--don't microwave until entirely dry.

Im thinking about 65 calories and 2-3 carbs for the thing. I sliced it up and topped with a little more hersheys sf syrup and it was so YUM. I think adding the glucomannan powder to the dry ingredients gave it a much moister crumb than you usually get with oat fiber--and of course cocoa acts like flour most of the time.

Beeb 10-01-2011 06:21 AM

OK, from my experiment making this recipe into donuts (I posted about this in JUDDD's recipe room) that I baked in the oven, I found I needed to add something to get it bulk because the first batch fell apart in my hands.

I added whey protein powder, 1 scoop, but that will bring your calories up a little, BUT the donut/muffin stays together much better. I baked them at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, give or take. I under baked them a bit, but just enough for a toothpick to come out 99% clean.

You can use the 2 fresh egg whites, that is not a problem but just add a couple TBS of another liquid. I use 1/4 cup of egg beaters when I make this, not 1/3 to save calories and it works fine as long as a add a little bit of liquid. I usually just use water.

HTH

AnnF 10-01-2011 06:32 AM

Linda, can you link? I'm looking but having issues (what else is new?). :laugh:

paulabob 10-01-2011 06:58 AM

1 egg white is 17 calories so I think 2 will be close to the 30 calorie 1/3 cup measurement.

Beeb 10-01-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnF (Post 15050579)
Linda, can you link? I'm looking but having issues (what else is new?). :laugh:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...ecipes-26.html POST # 772 :hugs:

AnnF 10-01-2011 07:38 AM

^^^^^^ Thanks! :)

Mommie22boys 10-01-2011 06:34 PM

K, so I didn't end up making this today after all. I still want to give them a go, though. My next DD is on Monday. Can you make them a day ahead...or are they best freshly nuked?

Joedi 10-02-2011 01:27 AM

They are lovely just nuked! I have occasionally had one or two leftover, which I have popped in the fridge overnight.... they were fine the next day... and if u give them 10 or so secs in the micro, they heat through beautifully!
I am a definate DD muffin addict!
Hugs
Jo
X

Mommie22boys 10-02-2011 05:27 AM

Thanks, Jo! Maybe I'll motivate myself to make them today. :)

Rachelocity 10-02-2011 05:38 AM

I took the basic batter, adapted it to what I had in the house (no gluc, no protein powder and only Splenda as a sweetener). Here`s what I ended up with:

1/4 c each of wheat bran and oat fiber
1/3 c. Egg Beaters
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 c Splenda
1/2 t cinnamon
2 T DaVinci syrup (vanilla)
About 1/8 c water

I mixed this together, adding the water to bring it down to a more liquidy consistency. Then... wait for it.... I made yummy pancakes! Very *filling*, absolutely delish and only 2 Points! I topped them with a rizzle of SF pancake syrup and had a mixture of applesauce and blackberries on the side. Not bad for a DD brunch, right??

Joedi 10-02-2011 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachelocity (Post 15052376)
I took the basic batter, adapted it to what I had in the house (no gluc, no protein powder and only Splenda as a sweetener). Here`s what I ended up with:

1/4 c each of wheat bran and oat fiber
1/3 c. Egg Beaters
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 c Splenda
1/2 t cinnamon
2 T DaVinci syrup (vanilla)
About 1/8 c water

I mixed this together, adding the water to bring it down to a more liquidy consistency. Then... wait for it.... I made yummy pancakes! Very *filling*, absolutely delish and only 2 Points! I topped them with a rizzle of SF pancake syrup and had a mixture of applesauce and blackberries on the side. Not bad for a DD brunch, right??

sounds delicious! I am sitting here enjoing my DD muffin as we speak. Wonder if mine would translate into a pancake, too?
Would have to axe the wheat bran....last time I added it..I was in tummy pain for 2 days!
me and wheat just do not get on!
Hugs
Jo
x

ouizoid 10-02-2011 07:13 AM

I frequently make pancakes out of this batter, although a simple eggwhite/psyllium powder/baking powder pancake is great as well--