Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Rachelocity and Weight watchers

Hi I was wondering if you would mind explaining a bit more how you do this. How did u figure out how many pts u would eat on the Up day and down day??

I did judd before but stopped because my up days get out of hand. I am a lifetimer and have all the new material.

I would appreciate any advice from all... Thanks jodi
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
Hi Jodi! This may get confusing, but it's working for me, so here goes:

I am on the 29 PPs target for the new plan (like 90% of the people in the world.) 29 x 7 days = 203. This isn't counting APs or the 49 weeklies. So, taking the 203 Target PPs and playing with how they're distributed gives me the UD/DD amounts. According to the JUDDD formula, a DD should be from 25-35% of the UD. So I kinda took two days' worth of Target PPs together, and divided them up according to the formula. Therefore, DDs are 14 and UDs are... wait for it... 44 PPs! If you're doing a Medium Day (MD), just eat at Target Level.

As a WW Lifetimer, you'll recall that although the Official Party Line is that you Must Not Go Below Target level, if you're doing Simply Filling (a.k.a. Core), where you are eating to satisfaction, you aren't counting unless a food is not on The List. So this is perfectly kosher, because on DDs you eat a lot of Filling Foods.

BTW, if you do go over on either the UD or the DD, you've still got those 49 Weeklies as a cushion!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Thank u for getting back to me so quick. Yea I am a bit confused!

So I get 29 daily pts. You combined two days worth and then what formula did u plug it into to get 14 and 44.. I am sorry that I am not following.

Thank u!!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

ok I think I get it after reading it over and over LOL!!!!

So I get 58 pts in two days. 20% of 58 is 11pts which leaves 47

So DD 11 pts UP 47pts

What do u do about veggies?? Do u count them at all.

Just so I understand this does not include activity or weekly. Do u use them at all??? 47 is alot of pts.

Do u eat bread ect whole grain per weight watchers?? Or low Carb

Thank u for your time
Old 09-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't count veggies (except for potatoes & corn) or fruits. I'm doing PointsPlus, and not LC'ing except for eating "good carbs" instead of junk food as much as possible.
Rachelocity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Rachel is the Guinea Pig for doing JUDDD using WW points. LOLOL

JKat, you know we want you here! This place is getting more and more exciting as the days go by, and pretty fun to see how everyone adapts to JUDDD... and molds JUDDD to conform to their own *other* plans or food and dining preferences. Sounds like you're enjoying WW right now, like Rachel does.

As with us all, you may decide to tweak it as you proceed, a few more points here or there, or even some fewer points if you truly don't need all of them on this plan. Your rate of weight loss will tell the tale.

It's going to be wonderful to see you here!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Hi pat. I have been trying to figure out what is going to work for me. I have gained 12 pounds over the last two years and havebeen really stuggling with a plan that I can live with and works. The best I have been able to do is go up and down 5 pounds like a yo yo. I did do Judd but my up days where way up and I hated the way I felt. I turned 40 and nothing I do seems to work!!!!!!

I think I may give this a try. What do I have to loose!!!! Lol hopefully some weight
Old 09-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

rachel. How do my points look???

I am going to give it a try. I really hope it clicks with me. I too want to keep it healthy carbs and c what happens!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Hi pat. I have been trying to figure out what is going to work for me. I have gained 12 pounds over the last two years and havebeen really stuggling with a plan that I can live with and works. The best I have been able to do is go up and down 5 pounds like a yo yo. I did do Judd but my up days where way up and I hated the way I felt. I turned 40 and nothing I do seems to work!!!!!!

I think I may give this a try. What do I have to loose!!!! Lol hopefully some weight
I know. Isn't it the most irksome thing in the world!

I remember you doing JUDDD awhile back. I think sometimes it does take a little *getting into*..... and for some it's a lot of trouble controlling hunger and sustaining the DD fasting level of calories, and for others it's controlling their UD eating and staying beneath their UD calorie ceiling. And then we have those who have difficulty eating at a little bit higher calorie level on their UDs to even have there be much of a spread between there two calorie numbers. (But not being able to eat enough on UDs is the one I have the hardest time even beginning to fathom! LOLOL)

Plus I know that sometimes folks actually gain a few pounds when they first start JUDDD, and that can be pretty disconcerting and scare some off before they even get settled in for the long haul.

But the thing is, there have been so many studies on the health benefits of calorie control and calorie restriction, the studies all seeming to come to the same results, that there is benefit. So if I can combine that fact with the fact that I can also manage my weight, it's a win-win right there for me. And then to be able to add in the facet of choosing the foods I wish to eat, that make me feel the very best, and the plan will still work for me..... that's a win-win-WIN.

Awfully glad to see you back. I know you'll get it all figured out.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks pat. It's worth a try with the pointsplus count on my up days. When the pts r done then i need to shut it!! I have to approach upday as my ww day and dd morelower in cArbs I never had problems with the dd. So time will tell.

Thank u for the wRm welcome. It alwYs helps to have that support!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So I get 58 pts in two days. 20% of 58 is 11pts which leaves 47

So DD 11 pts UP 47pts
I tend to go higher on DDs (14, plus if I'm ravenous, any APs I've earned, and I calculate those very conservatively) For me, 14/44 works just fine. But there are the 9 extras to play with if a UD involves, say, a trip to my fave buffet!

I'm so glad to have another JUDDDWWer here! We're almost a critical mass instead of one solitary voice!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #12
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
JKat and hoping you find the right balance for you!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
Hi Rachel
I would like to join your Juddww team Thanks for explaining how you came up with your points for UD/DD. If I may ask how much weight have you lost on average with this formula? Has it been more than the 1 lb most people get per week with WW?
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks linda for the warm welcome!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi cherryhair!

I just did a bit of creative math to get my Points allocations, which is my determination to prove that Grade 6 wasn't a total waste of time, I guess! My weight loss rate is not spectacular (0.4 average), but I am post-menopausal and possibly subclinically hypothyroid (waiting for an appt. to check this out) Following the program as written without cycling UD/DD, I was actually gaining weight because my body was bored with eating 29 PPs a day! I'm still eating within my PPs limits, just structured differently, so I've managed to reverse this awful trend, BTW, my cardiologist expects me to lose weight verrrrrrrry slooooooooowly, seriously 1/2 to 1 pound a month, so this is "normal for me".
Old 09-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #16
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryhair View Post
Hi Rachel
I would like to join your Juddww team Thanks for explaining how you came up with your points for UD/DD. If I may ask how much weight have you lost on average with this formula? Has it been more than the 1 lb most people get per week with WW?
and nice to see you here! Good luck and if anyone can help, our JUDDD BUDDD Rachel is the one!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote