Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's THURSDAY: What are you Eating? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/737779-its-thursday-what-you-eating.html)

SoHappy 09-29-2011 08:50 AM

It's THURSDAY: What are you Eating?

Getting the thread started for all of the JUDDD BUDDDs this morning.

Eat well and prosper!

LuvLatte 09-29-2011 08:58 AM

Good morning, my JUDDD BUDDDs!

UD today!

breakfast: coffee w ff hh (20 cal), 1.5 C of grapes (150 cal)
lunch: eating right frozen entree (290 cal)
snack: 2 C of pineapples (150 cal)
pre-workout: an ear of corn? (90 cal)
dinner: chinese food!

AnnF 09-29-2011 10:31 AM

UD for me. Gotta use up some left-over steak, so my lunch will be the biggest meal of the day. My current plan is:

B: Pumpkin egg cream (168)
S: 2 slices flax seed bread with farmers cheese and SF strawberry jam (160)
L: Left-over steak sliced up and served on arugula with balsamic vinegar and olive oil (500)
D: pasta carbonara (334)

1152 calories and 48 carbs, leaving me with 538 calories to play with.

TLH 09-29-2011 11:17 AM

DD for me. But tomorrow is Company Picnic!!!!!

L~ Chicken Salad & Cucmbers(173)

S~ 4 oz Ground Venison, 1/2 cup Salsa, 2 Tbls Sour Cream and 1 serving shredded cheese (375)

Total-548

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

ilovethis 09-29-2011 01:31 PM

TLH your menu looks pretty good.

Joedi 09-29-2011 02:28 PM

UD for me...and its been a bit of a mental struggle...but I think I won!
(gained a lb after my DD yesterday, and feel very bloated and uncomfortable.:sick:..and instinctively wanted to restrict my cals!)

Instead, I have eaten right up to my allowance, and drank LOTS of water! Gotta trust in my woe (or, at least, trust in Sohappys advice!..lol!)

B - Slice of corned beef, 1 oz feta, shape yogurt with 1 T Fiber sprinkles, 1oz macadamia nuts (yes, bizarre combination, I know!) 439
L - iced coffee, peperami stick, 1/2 oz emamame beans, slice of turkey 332
D - Cauli rice with chicken and vegetables, sprinkled with an oz of parmasan 459
S- Atkins bar, (peanut chocolate..didnt like it much!) 18g pork rinds, small bowl greek yog & rhubarb 503

Total
1731 cals
34 net carbs
96 fat
143 protein

ilovethis 09-29-2011 04:18 PM

I think I'm going to have real food for dinner instead of another shake/bar. Maybe some boneless, skinless chicken breast with spinach I have about 195 calories left. Keeping my calories at 500 today.

SoHappy 09-29-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovethis (Post 15046936)
I think I'm going to have real food for dinner instead of another shake/bar. Maybe some boneless, skinless chicken breast with spinach I have about 195 calories left. Keeping my calories at 500 today.

I don't blame you. I'm having a DD today too, and fixed a pumpkin shake and a chocolate protein shake, but am now eating some *real* food. I like shakes, but they sure don't contain much substance that sticks with you. :)

itsmeshelly01 09-29-2011 04:37 PM

UD for me

Protein shake after workout and a piece of coconut bark. 260 cals
S- quarter cup fage and quarter cup cottage cheese with 1T sunflower seeds. 120
Half serving of mixed nuts. 80
L- turkey breast with broccoli and spinach. Vinagrete dressing, 1 boiled egg. 300 cals
S- pork skins and 1 tuna muffin. 140
S- tuna muffin. 62
D- turkey breast if I get hungry.
So far I need to eat some more but I'm so not hungry. I'm heading to my sons football game and hopefuly ill be hungry when I get back. I might get to 1200 or 1300 cals.

SoHappy 09-29-2011 05:02 PM

I'm enjoying a good Down Day today, and appreciating that pleasant *flat tummy* feeling you so often get on DDs. No particular appetite today.

Breakfast, Late: spiced pumpkin shake of 1 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/3 C pumpkin, 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp 0 calorie WF pancake syrup (73 calories)

Lunch, Late: chocolate protein shake of 1 C unsweetened chocolate almond milk, 1/2 C calorie countdown chocolate milk, 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (185 calories)

Afternoon, Snacking: 2 mugs hot beef broth and 4 big kosher dill pickle spears (47 calories)

Supper: Italian mix of 6 oz chopped zucchini, 2 oz sliced mushrooms, 3 oz mixed shirataki noodles, 1/3 C spaghetti sauce, 1/2 tsp Italian spice blend (114 calories)

Evening Snack: 3 oz raw broccoli and 1 wedge lite cheese (54 calories)

Late Evening Snack: 1/4 C oatmeal, cooked in 1/2 C water, sprinkle of salt, and 1 tbsp 0 calorie WF pancake syrup for sweetening

Total calories for this Down Day: 548 - Total net carbs for this Down Day: 48

We continued our Godfather movie marathon, but somehow dill pickle spears and beef broth weren't as satisfying while watching the movie today as I remember the popcorn and Pepsi cola as being yesterday! LOL

darlingnikki 09-29-2011 06:33 PM

UD
B- coffee w cream, bacon with PB and sf syrup (514 Cal 2NC)
L-chick breast with mayo and franks (300 cals 2 NC)
D-Pork Chop with Sauteed Bacon Cabbage (331Cals 7.2 NC)
S-Jello (10 cals 0 NC)
TotL 1145 cals 11.2 NC
still 650 calories to go...? going to work out and then make a decadent protein shake.

Beeb 09-29-2011 07:38 PM

UD for me!! :up:

But I'm really not counting calories today or keeping my journal of food. I wanted to try to do this because I'm having such a hard time figuring out my UDs because I eat out on most of my UDs. It's always been a guess for the calories so......

I ate breakfast, lunch, dinner and a few snacks and as far as I can tell I'm looking at close to my 1605 calories limit, maybe less.

I am just "experimenting" with not keeping track for a few UDs just to see what happens. :dunno:

I had a muffin, tomato salad w/garlic bread, steak, garlic mashed potatoes, spicy green beans, a yogurt/granola homemade parfait, a few cracker chips and some veggie doodle things, a skinny cow ice cream bar plus half and half in my tea/coffee. I ate good today!! :up:

SoHappy 09-29-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15047352)
UD for me!! :up:

But I'm really not counting calories today or keeping my journal of food. I wanted to try to do this because I'm having such a hard time figuring out my UDs because I eat out on most of my UDs. It's always been a guess for the calories so......

I ate breakfast, lunch, dinner and a few snacks and as far as I can tell I'm looking at close to my 1605 calories limit, maybe less.

I am just "experimenting" with not keeping track for a few UDs just to see what happens. :dunno:

I had a muffin, tomato salad w/garlic bread, steak, garlic mashed potatoes, spicy green beans, a yogurt/granola homemade parfait, a few cracker chips and some veggie doodle things, a skinny cow ice cream bar plus half and half in my tea/coffee. I ate good today!! :up:

Go for it! Give it a try. If it works for you, how much more freeing would that be. If you find you are no longer maintaining very well, you can always come back to counting UD calories and attending to UD menus more attentively.

I think if you are not an *over*eater, you can probably do well without counting UD calories at all. Lots of JUDDDers do it that way, and use their BMR numbers only to get the figure for their DDs. And then they don't pay much attention to what their calories might be amounting to on their UDs because they don't tend to have those real runaway kinds of days.

I try to plan my UD menus and measure the food amounts, but on many days I'm far more casual about it, particularly when we go out for a meal on a day, and we do that fairly often. If my maintenance weight seems to be nearing my upper limit, I just pay a lot closer attention for a few days until it's back down again.

Let us know as you do this experiment, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. But I'll bet it turns out pretty good. Will you be weighing during this period or just a weigh-in at the end?

Beeb 09-29-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15047431)
Go for it! Give it a try. If it works for you, how much more freeing would that be. If you find you are no longer maintaining very well, you can always come back to counting UD calories and attending to UD menus more attentively.

I think if you are not an *over*eater, you can probably do well without counting UD calories at all. Lots of JUDDDers do it that way, and use their BMR numbers only to get the figure for their DDs. And then they don't pay much attention to what their calories might be amounting to on their UDs because they don't tend to have those real runaway kinds of days.

I try to plan my UD menus and measure the food amounts, but on many days I'm far more casual about it, particularly when we go out for a meal on a day, and we do that fairly often. If my maintenance weight seems to be nearing my upper limit, I just pay a lot closer attention for a few days until it's back down again.

Let us know as you do this experiment, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. But I'll bet it turns out pretty good. Will you be weighing during this period or just a weigh-in at the end?

I weight everyday and that is not going to change so I will be able to see if something is getting out of hand pretty quickly so I can "rein" it in! ;)

Joedi 09-30-2011 08:36 AM

Loking forward to hearing the results of Beebs experiment. This is pretty much how I would like to maintain....when I eventually get there!

Hugs
Jo
x

Beeb 09-30-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15048351)
Loking forward to hearing the results of Beebs experiment. This is pretty much how I would like to maintain....when I eventually get there!

Hugs
Jo
x

Well, I forgetting about the UD not tracking experiment. It was nerve racking not knowing how much I was eating and I didn't like the stress that went with it. UDs are fun, but this way it's too many "mind games:stars:", if you know what I mean. I'll just keep tracking for now and maybe with a couple of JUDDD years under my belt I will try again! By then I should KNOW the amounts and what adds up to what on my UDs by heart! ;)