Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
****** versus my Choices

I'm not going to go over to another site to record my daily food choices or to record my weight, plot my end-of-month goal weight, etc. All of my history -what there is recorded of it - is on ******, and various recipes I use are figured and entered there, but....

I seem to have to initially set quite a few things up as *custom* foods. The brand of broth I buy for DDs has fewer calories than broth in ******. My canned pumpkin shows that it has fewer calories. The same with spaghetti sauce. Etc.

I get exasperated trying to just click in, find my choice, and enter it.. only to see that ****** records the food item at a higher calorie count than what I have been able to find for my use.

Irksome.

OK, well I guess that's my gripe for the day. Back to regaining my happy spirit as I adjust my ****** entries.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Fat Secret is the same way, I think they all are because there are so many choice in food products out there!

Fat Secret has an app for my phone that lets me scan the barcode on food and put it in my food diary. I like this because before I put a new food away I scan it into my phone and it syncs to my Fat Secret journal on my computer.

this!!
Beeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #3

That is a good feature. Except I have such a simple phone that I don't think it even has anything that would function for that purpose. LOL I never use that darned phone. I only carry it in my purse in case of emergency.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
you need a smart phone pat! I am addicted to mine!
It means I can carry all my journals, my food tracker, my music and my books..where ever I go...and of course, I can Log into LCF, wherever I am!

IKWYM about having to custom foods...downsizing the cals I dont mind...is when my item has a higher count than the one listed, I get annoyed..lol!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #5

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Pat,

I also use Fit Day. I have too many custom foods to want to change. I don't have a smart phone either so no incentive. I have a flip, pay as you go phone. I pay $100 for 1000 minutes for one year. I have trouble using those minutes up as I do not use it recreationally. I think the smart phones are wonderful, but, I like my $100 a YEAR more, lol.
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:46 PM   #6

LOL, Marie. I'm with you. About the only time I use my phone is if I'm at the store and question my shopping list.. is it complete.. and wonder... I'd better call DH and have him check and see if we're low on toilet paper!

I guess for the most part, I now have most everything entered in. It's only occasionally that I run into something new to get entered. In fact, nowdays it's usually when one of you JUDDD BUDDDs discover and recommend something new for the rest of us. Naturally, I have to try it!

A daughter has my phone on their plan, so I have unlimited free calls to my family members all over the U.S. and it's only an extra $10 a month that way. Some kind of *plan*..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #7

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
LOL, Marie. I'm with you. About the only time I use my phone is if I'm at the store and question my shopping list.. is it complete.. and wonder... I'd better call DH and have him check and see if we're low on toilet paper!

I guess for the most part, I now have most everything entered in. It's only occasionally that I run into something new to get entered. In fact, nowdays it's usually when one of you JUDDD BUDDDs discover and recommend something new for the rest of us. Naturally, I have to try it!

A daughter has my phone on their plan, so I have unlimited free calls to my family members all over the U.S. and it's only an extra $10 a month that way. Some kind of *plan*..
It sounds like a family plan. My sister has my mother on hers for only $10 more a month. I use phone cards for long distance, but, about everyone I know has it free on their cell phone plans so they know to call me.
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote