Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
In your experience..which is most important?

Keeping your DD calories down....keeping your UD calories high, or having a big difference between the two?
Just been wondering this...and thought I would see what my fellow Juddders think!

Hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Actually keeping them both pretty much as suggested by the JUDDD calculator. I always try to eat up to my UD calories because I have found if I don't the next day that is a DD I will be more hungry. and I keep my DD calories almost to the calorie I can have because I like to eat! Less is not really a good thing for me, I have found.

Seems to work in a couple of ways: Hungry is gone on DDs because I ate what I needed on UDs and because of this I don't overeat on DDs.

Win/Win if you ask me!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 09-28-2011 at 10:31 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Good question.

I seldom get my DD calories as low as they should be, but I am still losing. I went to the JUDDD site calculator and checked out the calories at different percentages. Mine ranges from 400-900 so if I stay somewhere in there I should lose a little.

My losses seem to come after a good UD surprizingly. Not sure if I would lose with that high an UD every time. Maybe the key is not having a set steady calorie amount. I ate 1200 calories every day for 2 years. Lost 30 pounds and then weight loss just stopped. I was still very overweight and should have been losing. My body had adjusted to that calorie amount.....I was not willing to cut my calories more so gave up. I will be interested to see if this continues to work for me.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I definitely agree with beeb. If you keep UD cals where they need to be I'm less hungry on my DDs. I'm having a problem getting where I need to on my UDs. Its my own issues that I'm struggling with and I know you understand that jo. Its the old eating disorder worries. I don't seem to have a problem with the DDs, fo the most part anyway but getting those cals up can be a struggle. I have managed to get to about 1700 and when I do my DD is much smoother.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 View Post
I definitely agree with beeb. If you keep UD cals where they need to be I'm less hungry on my DDs. I'm having a problem getting where I need to on my UDs. Its my own issues that I'm struggling with and I know you understand that jo. Its the old eating disorder worries. I don't seem to have a problem with the DDs, fo the most part anyway but getting those cals up can be a struggle. I have managed to get to about 1700 and when I do my DD is much smoother.
Hi Shelly!
yes, it is almost instinctive to hold cals down when you want to lose weight...but to push them UP?

Funny you mentioning 1700...that is my UD aim! The juddd site gives me 1910...but other sites give me lower...even including my light exercise!

I figured 1700 was about right...and 30% of that is 510...which I can manage fine on my DD's.

Am having a bit of a struggle today...was up a lb, after a good DD...and am very bloated due, I think to mid cycle issues. It was my instinctive reaction to cut cals...but instead I made sure I got my 1700....hard to go against your own internal reasonings, isnt it?

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 09-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Hi Shelly!
yes, it is almost instinctive to hold cals down when you want to lose weight...but to push them UP?

Funny you mentioning 1700...that is my UD aim! The juddd site gives me 1910...but other sites give me lower...even including my light exercise!

I figured 1700 was about right...and 30% of that is 510...which I can manage fine on my DD's.

Am having a bit of a struggle today...was up a lb, after a good DD...and am very bloated due, I think to mid cycle issues. It was my instinctive reaction to cut cals...but instead I made sure I got my 1700....hard to go against your own internal reasonings, isnt it?

hugs
Jo
x
And THIS ^^^^ was the BEST thing you could have ever done!!! WTG, Joedi, I'm so happy you fought that "little voice" and did what you KNOW works!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
And THIS ^^^^ was the BEST thing you could have ever done!!! WTG, Joedi, I'm so happy you fought that "little voice" and did what you KNOW works!
thanks for your support Beeb..it is much appreciated! I hope I have some positive results to share with you soon!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 09-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
thanks for your support Beeb..it is much appreciated! I hope I have some positive results to share with you soon!

hugs
Jo
x
OH, you will...........