Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   In your experience..which is most important? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/737580-your-experience-most-important.html)

Joedi 09-28-2011 09:51 AM

In your experience..which is most important?

Keeping your DD calories down....keeping your UD calories high, or having a big difference between the two?
Just been wondering this...and thought I would see what my fellow Juddders think!

Hugs
Jo
x

Beeb 09-28-2011 10:29 AM

Actually keeping them both pretty much as suggested by the JUDDD calculator. I always try to eat up to my UD calories because I have found if I don't the next day that is a DD I will be more hungry. :( and I keep my DD calories almost to the calorie I can have because I like to eat! :yummy: Less is not really a good thing for me, I have found. :sad:

Seems to work in a couple of ways: Hungry is gone on DDs because I ate what I needed on UDs and because of this I don't overeat on DDs.

Win/Win if you ask me! ;):up:

halos 09-28-2011 10:49 AM

Good question.

I seldom get my DD calories as low as they should be, but I am still losing. I went to the JUDDD site calculator and checked out the calories at different percentages. Mine ranges from 400-900 so if I stay somewhere in there I should lose a little.

My losses seem to come after a good UD surprizingly. Not sure if I would lose with that high an UD every time. Maybe the key is not having a set steady calorie amount. I ate 1200 calories every day for 2 years. Lost 30 pounds and then weight loss just stopped. I was still very overweight and should have been losing. My body had adjusted to that calorie amount.....I was not willing to cut my calories more so gave up. I will be interested to see if this continues to work for me.

itsmeshelly01 09-28-2011 05:20 PM

I definitely agree with beeb. If you keep UD cals where they need to be I'm less hungry on my DDs. I'm having a problem getting where I need to on my UDs. Its my own issues that I'm struggling with and I know you understand that jo. Its the old eating disorder worries. I don't seem to have a problem with the DDs, fo the most part anyway but getting those cals up can be a struggle. I have managed to get to about 1700 and when I do my DD is much smoother.

Joedi 09-29-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 (Post 15044302)
I definitely agree with beeb. If you keep UD cals where they need to be I'm less hungry on my DDs. I'm having a problem getting where I need to on my UDs. Its my own issues that I'm struggling with and I know you understand that jo. :hugs: Its the old eating disorder worries. I don't seem to have a problem with the DDs, fo the most part anyway but getting those cals up can be a struggle. I have managed to get to about 1700 and when I do my DD is much smoother.

Hi Shelly!
yes, it is almost instinctive to hold cals down when you want to lose weight...but to push them UP? :confused:

Funny you mentioning 1700...that is my UD aim! The juddd site gives me 1910...but other sites give me lower...even including my light exercise!

I figured 1700 was about right...and 30% of that is 510...which I can manage fine on my DD's.

Am having a bit of a struggle today...was up a lb, after a good DD...and am very bloated due, I think to mid cycle issues. It was my instinctive reaction to cut cals...but instead I made sure I got my 1700....hard to go against your own internal reasonings, isnt it?

hugs
Jo
x

Beeb 09-29-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15046773)
Hi Shelly!
yes, it is almost instinctive to hold cals down when you want to lose weight...but to push them UP? :confused:

Funny you mentioning 1700...that is my UD aim! The juddd site gives me 1910...but other sites give me lower...even including my light exercise!

I figured 1700 was about right...and 30% of that is 510...which I can manage fine on my DD's.

Am having a bit of a struggle today...was up a lb, after a good DD...and am very bloated due, I think to mid cycle issues. It was my instinctive reaction to cut cals...but instead I made sure I got my 1700....hard to go against your own internal reasonings, isnt it?

hugs
Jo
x

And THIS ^^^^ was the BEST thing you could have ever done!!! WTG, Joedi, I'm so happy you fought that "little voice" and did what you KNOW works! :jumpjoy::hugs::shake::high5:

Joedi 09-29-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15046823)
And THIS ^^^^ was the BEST thing you could have ever done!!! WTG, Joedi, I'm so happy you fought that "little voice" and did what you KNOW works! :jumpjoy::hugs::shake::high5:

thanks for your support Beeb..it is much appreciated! I hope I have some positive results to share with you soon!

hugs
Jo
x

Beeb 09-29-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15046897)
thanks for your support Beeb..it is much appreciated! I hope I have some positive results to share with you soon!

hugs
Jo
x

OH, you will...........;):up: