Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #2851
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Still bouncing gently around my 133 goal....usually between 132.25 and 133.75.
I discovered that my weight graph chart works out your daily average over the months...and for my last two months my daily average has been 133 exactly!
2 months is the longest I have ever maintained a low weight, so I am well happy.
I am maintaining on a DD/FD rotation.

Happy new Year to all my juddd budds!

hugs
Jo
x
Wow! That is so great to hear. Congratulations!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #2852
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
So proud of my daughter!

Love the 'smell' of goal!

That is JUDDD magic in action.

123.2 today.
Ah Kissa, didn't catch on that she was your daughter, I can totally see it. She is rocking JUDDD, but of course you are a great example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Isn't JUDDD awesome?

113.2 this morning which is right around where I like to be. Today was a big carbfest of about 2200 calories but with my 500 calorie DDs, I can totally get away with this every once in awhile. I probably only have 3 good DDs each week but it's working out well for maintenance.
Woohoo Julie! thats the beauty of it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
No gain and remained at new 'low' weight after a wonderful UD!!
Awesome! Maintaining is always better then a gain. Sometimes our bodies just need a little break, I bet you will see a woosh soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Another question for all you experienced JUDDers:

Some one mentioned new "set points" one day but did not elaborate. I read all of Johnson's book, but don't remember reading anything about set points.

Here is why I'm asking. For the last several days I've been going down 1 pound after DDs and up 1 pound after UDs. Today I weighed exactly the same as I did the day I started JUDDing. (December 19th). Maintaining is ok for a while, but I've reduced my DD and UP calories and still, no big drop. Don't think I can go lower.

As I've said before, I started doing LC on Aug. 1st and lost 30 pounds before starting JUDD. The reason I wanted to try something different was that I felt I was stalled because the scale was not going up or down for several weeks.

Now it's going UP and DOWN on a daily basis. I've been as much as 2 pounds above where I started and several times after DDs I've been more than 3 pounds below. I LIKE THAT LAST PART!!!

I have kept a daily weight chart since August 1st. This morning I pulled it out and really analyzed it. Looks like I go down and then "hang out" at a new low (a bit up or down) for as many as 20 days before starting to drop again.

Is that what it means to have new set points? If anyone has a link to something I could read or if you have experience with or knowledge about this, I would love some elaboration. Thanks in advance.

I really liked the explanation yesterday about fat cells filling up with water and I had never heard that before.
I don't know if with JUDDD you get set points, I am noticing alot less stalls or set points with this WOE then any other. I have had a week or two where I seemed to lose and find the same pound over and over, then usually about the fifth or sixth day after a good DD it would go away for good and take a few more with it. This may be what is happening to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Still bouncing gently around my 133 goal....usually between 132.25 and 133.75.
I discovered that my weight graph chart works out your daily average over the months...and for my last two months my daily average has been 133 exactly!
2 months is the longest I have ever maintained a low weight, so I am well happy.
I am maintaining on a DD/FD rotation.

Happy new Year to all my juddd budds!

hugs
Jo
x
This is exciting news Jo!

As for me I went up 1 lb after my UD yesterday but I did indulge in a burger and some fries from In n Out and I am sure the sodium got me. I have had a good DD today and hope to see that pound gone with maybe a few more decimal points with it. I decided a week ago to up my DD to 700 calories and it doesn't appear to have slowed down weight loss, but if it does I will drop the DD back down.

I have managed to get one of my friends from work trying on JUDDD, and I am excited to see what sort of results she gets.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:49 AM   #2853
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
down another 1.4lbs to a total loss of 20lbs in 6 1/2 weeks - love me JUDDD!!!

Congrats everyone else!!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #2854
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
After my .8 lb gain last week (still no explanation ) I'm pleased with the number this morning. I had a great DD yesterday and weighed 258.6 this morning, down 2.4 lbs. Yippee! Even after 4 days on the road. This WOE is so doable!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #2855
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Since I'm so new to the JUDDD and just getting started, I haven't posted any results yet. I don't weigh, so I won't have any numbers to brag about but I DO have a special pair of jeans that I can no longer get up over my butt (used to button comfortably and loosely). Boo.

So, that's my intent and goal - to get back in those jeans comfortably - and loosely (and stay there). I tried them on last Sunday....next "attempt" will be this coming Sunday! I don't expect it to happen quickly, but I do hope I can pull them up a little bit higher this week than last week. (BTW I did actually have someone stop me in the cafeteria and mention that I looked like I had lost weight...certainly wasn't expecting THAT - at least not yet!)

I had a DD last Sunday (but it was closer to a MD because it was my Xmas celebration with my kids), then a very good DD on Tuesday and Thursday. I've been holding strictly to 500 on Tuesday and Thursday and actually forgot to eat my 14 calorie popsicle yesterday! Forgetting to eat is NOT one of my strong points!

So.....that's just to let you know I haven't gone away...just plugging along and looking forward to Sunday!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #2856

WTG Georgene! I love that you're not weighing. I wish I could do that. I have to see the numbers or I get frustrated. On the other hand, I only weigh once a week because I can't stand the scale bouncing either!

You'll be in those comfy jeans in no time! Just make sure you try them every week because you don't want to miss your window of opportunity and have them be TOO BIG!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #2857
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
WTG Georgene! I love that you're not weighing. I wish I could do that. I have to see the numbers or I get frustrated. On the other hand, I only weigh once a week because I can't stand the scale bouncing either!
I understand the frustration of weighing/or not weighing. For me, weighing brings on a literal lifetime of bad memories, since my weight problem has existed since shortly after birth, and I just can't do it any more. Just thinking about it makes me break out into a sweat.

Haha....it's going to be a long time before those pants get too loose but if I never get any smaller than that, I'll be just where I want to be (they are true size 8's). That will mean all my other small stuff will fit correctly as well.

One can always hope! And thanks for the encouragement.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #2858
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Two hundred even today. It's like my body knows the importance of this milestone and is drawing it out as looooooong as possible.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #2859
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Yesterday was my second good DD in a while and already most of those 8 lbs I put back
on are gone so I guess it was just water weight.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #2860
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:

Congrats everyone else!!
Yayyy! Congratulations, Mint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
After my .8 lb gain last week (still no explanation ) I'm pleased with the number this morning. I had a great DD yesterday and weighed 258.6 this morning, down 2.4 lbs. Yippee! Even after 4 days on the road. This WOE is so doable!
So glad to hear this! You're doing great, and not gaining on a vacation is huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharkness View Post
So, that's my intent and goal - to get back in those jeans comfortably - and loosely (and stay there). I tried them on last Sunday....next "attempt" will be this coming Sunday! I don't expect it to happen quickly, but I do hope I can pull them up a little bit higher this week than last week. (BTW I did actually have someone stop me in the cafeteria and mention that I looked like I had lost weight...certainly wasn't expecting THAT - at least not yet!)
I had "goal pants" too, besides the scale weight, and I remember last summer being able to barely pull them up, and now I can wear them anywhere. It's a great feeling, and you will get there. With your good attitude and perseverance, I know you will You should take a picture of yourself wearing them when you do and post it for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avecrain View Post
Two hundred even today. It's like my body knows the importance of this milestone and is drawing it out as looooooong as possible.
Good for you on 200! You're getting every so closer to goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Yesterday was my second good DD in a while and already most of those 8 lbs I put back
on are gone so I guess it was just water weight.
Great to hear, EW! KUTGW!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #2861
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Up one pound after yesterday's FD. Am at 139#.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #2862

Quote:
I sooo know what you mean. I'm dying to get under 250, sad as that is.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #2863
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Avery: So glad you said that!!! I had not thought of it this way. But, I'm in the same boat. I'm just staying the same right now. Maybe 200 is a big milestone. I'll go with it. It's making me feel better already. Now I'm going to go try on my skinny jeans again. At least the inches keep melting. The day I can fit into my little black dress I'll know I have arrived.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #2864
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
You guys are rocking this WOE! What great numbers you're posting.

I'm up 1.2 today after a great UD, but no worries. I'm sitting right on goal. I have to admit I'm thinking that I may lower my goal by five pounds, but I'm going to wait until I get there first, lol.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #2865
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
You will get there Avery, I did the same thing for a few weeks and finally I am stuck under 200 at 194.8 after a DD yesterday. Today is an UD and hope I dont bounce back up and am able to maintain. Going to try to make better choices today then I did on my last UD.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #2866
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Congrats everyone else!!
Wooo-Hoooo!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #2867
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Congrats to all the losers, maintainers and those finding there way in our JUDDD world! WTG everyone!!

Well, I'm holding steady between 133 and 134 and this makes me happy. All my Holiday overage is gone, and I'm back to doing FDs again after I realized I was eating about on target for my UD calories. Actually realized I can eat a bit more because I wasn't even close (missed by 350 calories last UD and made up for it later in the evening with a great snack) and that is a thing! I will be eating more good food, though and not having a snack to up my calories. A little more protein and some good fats is what I'm aiming for to bring those calories up closer to my UD calories by eating more healthier foods than I have been in the last month or so.

I just JUDDD!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #2868
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
Start Date: 12/26/11
Linda/Beeb: Fantastic having a steady weight of 133-134#! Can I ask how tall are you? Sorry in advance if you've already stated you height, but your stats on you aviator state you started at 165# and now are 133-134#. My goal weight is 165 (from 189) and I'm 5'7, so I was curious to compare... However, until I was in my late thirties I could eat whatever and stay at 125. But, I was rail thin at 125! I like 145 but will be happy with 165 then I'll see if I want to lower to 145. In my aviator from May 2011, I am 185#. And when I went to 189 and saw your post about JUDDD on LC forum I decided I NEEDED to take action> Thanks again for advertising this WOE!!!!!

Beth

Last edited by Wine2; 01-06-2012 at 09:50 AM..
Old 01-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #2869
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine2 View Post
Linda/Beeb: Fantastic having a steady weight of 133-134#! Can I ask how tall are you? Sorry in advance if you've already stated you height, but your stats on you aviator state you started at 165# and now are 133-134#. My goal weight is 165 (from 189) and I'm 5'7, so I was curious to compare... However, until I was in my late thirties I could eat whatever and stay at 125. But, I was rail thin at 125! I like 145 but will be happy with 165 then I'll see if I want to lower to 145. In my aviator from May 2011, I am 185#. And when I went to 189 and saw your post about JUDDD on LC forum I decided I NEEDED to take action> Thanks again for advertising this WOE!!!!!
I am 5'5.5". Like you (see bold ^^) I could eat ANYTHING I wanted and stay like a toothpick! On my wedding day at age 27 I was 112 pounds, size 2 dress! WAY too thin and that is why I like staying around 134 because it seems to look best on me. Any lower I start to look sickly. I can actually do up to 140/145 and still look good but I like the 134+/- number for how I fit into clothes.

I'm SO glad I got to play a part in you coming and trying one of the BEST WOE I have ever done and will always do! You are only 20+ pounds from that 165 goal and I bet you are going to make it in record time (like lots of us have done with JUDDD)!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #2870
Blabbermouth!!!

Beth: You look so great already! And, you don't have far to go. I'm always curious about how tall people are as well. I'm 5'9" and felt pretty good when I was 180 so that will be my first goal. I'm 57 years old and like you, when I was younger I weighed as little as 125 but that was really hard to maintain. When my kids were little I was at 145 for many years. People still told me I was too thin. Now I look back at photos of DS's wedding in 2002 when I weighed 180. Then, I thought I was fat! But I was working out every day and now I look at those photos and I look healthy, glowing and just right.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #2871
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda: You do look great at this weight! I always appreciate your informative posts. you are a great JUDD cheerleader!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #2872
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
Start Date: 12/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Beth: You look so great already! And, you don't have far to go. I'm always curious about how tall people are as well. I'm 5'9" and felt pretty good when I was 180 so that will be my first goal. I'm 57 years old and like you, when I was younger I weighed as little as 125 but that was really hard to maintain. When my kids were little I was at 145 for many years. People still told me I was too thin. Now I look back at photos of DS's wedding in 2002 when I weighed 180. Then, I thought I was fat! But I was working out every day and now I look at those photos and I look healthy, glowing and just right.
Thanks for saying that! I can really see how at your height 180 is a healthy, good-looking weight! You don't have much further either since you've lost 31# already! That is amazing!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #2873
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I'm not doing so well. Feeling pretty down about it. I have had a good week, but I'm back up to 153 today after a very good down day on Wednesday and a perfect up day yesterday. I just don't get it. I'm trying to tell myself it's ok, it's just water due to who-knows-what, yadda yadda... need to get my frame of mind elsewhere. Sorry, just had to whine a bit.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #2874

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi ladies. Just wanted to let you know that I did a MD yesterday - stayed around 1300 calories. I was down 1.4# this morning! Today is an UD but I'm saving most of my calories for the party tonight. So excited that the MD worked!!!! Thanks for your help
Old 01-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #2875

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi ladies. Just wanted to let you know that I did a MD yesterday - stayed around 1300 calories. I was down 1.4# this morning! Today is an UD but I'm saving most of my calories for the party tonight. So excited that the MD worked!!!! Thanks for your help
Yay!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #2876
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Hi Ladies,
Congrats on all of the losses!!! Your pictures are stunning. So many are doing so well on this program. Had DD yesterday and was up .8 this morning, but I know it is water weight. I am about where I was before the holidays; so, hopefully, will be going in the right direction from now on.
Having a great UD.
Hope
Old 01-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #2877
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
I'm not doing so well. Feeling pretty down about it. I have had a good week, but I'm back up to 153 today after a very good down day on Wednesday and a perfect up day yesterday. I just don't get it. I'm trying to tell myself it's ok, it's just water due to who-knows-what, yadda yadda...
Me too...I feel ya!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #2878
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Me too...I feel ya!
Thank you
Old 01-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #2879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
I'm not doing so well. Feeling pretty down about it. I have had a good week, but I'm back up to 153 today after a very good down day on Wednesday and a perfect up day yesterday. I just don't get it...Sorry, just had to whine a bit.
I completely understand this (I whinged about this in some detail earlier ). I followed the induction exactly for 16 days, had 2 intermediate days and have rigorously followed UD/DD since (total 4 weeks on Sunday 8 Jan) and after my initial 3lb loss I haven't lost any more and may have gained.

I've no idea what a solution may look like but if it should come to me in a flash of understanding I'll lose no time in sharing it.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #2880

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Well, this isn't right, Guys. You should be losing weight. Maybe we can all put our heads together and get things sorted out enough to pinpoint a probable reason for the stall and come up with some suggestions to help you get into weight loss again.

Maybe repost your weights and ages and heights once again at this time, and let's proceed from there.

Off to shampoo the bedroom carpeting. I love my machine, just hate the chore. I'll be back and see what ideas are forthcoming from others too. Seems like we should be able to get this figured out.

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-06-2012 at 02:16 PM..
Closed Thread