Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #2791
Senior LCF Member
 
betty301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 897
Gallery: betty301
still reading here..

I may jump back in next week!

The sooner I can lose this weight before Spring the better, right? Don't want to be scrambling by March or so when it starts warming up!
betty301 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2012, 06:19 AM   #2792
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Weigh 140# today.

Was sick all of yesterday, so it's good to feel like my ol self again today! And today is a FD!

I decided to do 2 regular JUDDD DD per week, so yesterday was one down.
sophiethecat is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #2793
Major LCF Poster!
 
theredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,571
Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I was sitting near my lowest weight on Saturday morning, but had two big holiday eating events, so I bounced way up. After my DD yesterday, I'm still up about 4 pounds. I can really pack on the water weight! However, I've done exactly the same thing about three times since Thanksgiving and it always comes right back off. As long as I've stayed firmly in the 140's (and I have), I'm happy. Now I'd like to slide a little further under goal to get me some more wiggle room.
theredhead is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #2794
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Lots of Woohoos today!! Congrats all!

135.6 after a UD/FD! I was to see this, really thought I would be around 137 or so! I'm very about this, especially coming off a weekend of crazy eating and some drinking!

Will make this a good DD and be back to my fighting/maintaining weight tomorrow, I'm SO sure!
Beeb is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #2795
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tyrone Georgia U.S.A.
Posts: 1,201
Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
The last 2 weeks I have just gotten to slack skiping some DDs and even those
I did have were not realy all that low in calories. So I have put a few pounds back on.
I am going to try to keep my calories down to 500 today. I have noticed something
strange I can't just eat a lot of low carb vegitables on a DD something about all that
bulk just makes me have to eat more.
E.W. is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #2796
Major LCF Poster!
 
rubidoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: san diego
Posts: 1,466
Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I feel stuck! The last three days have looked like this:

after UD 185.4
after DD 185.4
after UD 186.8

Frustrating! Plus, I got stuck at 185 and couldn't get past it the last two times I tried my old plan. I wish I knew whether tweaking my carbs or cals would be helpful. I'm going to try to keep what I've been doing for at least a few more days and see what happens. I don't want to lower the carbs unless I have to. I also want to know if its necessary to lower them and I won't *know* if I just lower them w/o seeing what happens. I have added a ton of veggies and I had a little pineapple yesterday. I on't think it's water weight, though, bc I ha some time off between when I was low carbing and JUDDD.
__________________
jayne, type I diabetic and mama to two sweet boys (9/03 and 2/09)

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
rubidoux is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #2797
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,866
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
EW I don't like to eat too much bulky food, like lots of vegetables, on my down days either. I prefer to have light, slightly hungry feelings. My stomach seems to distend with too many veggies and like you, I then feel hungry.
Kissa is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #2798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,883
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
EW & Kissa, are you familiar with Dr Bernstein and what he calls "The Chinese Restaurant Effect"?

Dense food or bulky food: Dr Bernstein's "Chinese Restaurant Effect"

For diabetics, this may explain a seemingly disproportionate rise in blood sugar after a meal.

For non-diabetics, or Type 2s who still produce some insulin, the disproportionate release of insulin (for a low-carb/low calorie, bulky food) may cause a sudden lower blood sugar, resulting in hunger soon after a meal.
piratejenny is online now  
Old 01-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #2799
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
The last 2 weeks I have just gotten to slack skiping some DDs and even those
I did have were not realy all that low in calories. So I have put a few pounds back on.
I am going to try to keep my calories down to 500 today. I have noticed something
strange I can't just eat a lot of low carb vegitables on a DD something about all that
bulk just makes me have to eat more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
EW I don't like to eat too much bulky food, like lots of vegetables, on my down days either. I prefer to have light, slightly hungry feelings. My stomach seems to distend with too many veggies and like you, I then feel hungry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
EW & Kissa, are you familiar with Dr Bernstein and what he calls "The Chinese Restaurant Effect"?

Dense food or bulky food: Dr Bernstein's "Chinese Restaurant Effect"

For diabetics, this may explain a seemingly disproportionate rise in blood sugar after a meal.

For non-diabetics, or Type 2s who still produce some insulin, the disproportionate release of insulin (for a low-carb/low calorie, bulky food) may cause a sudden lower blood sugar, resulting in hunger soon after a meal.
I have noticed this as well. On DD, I could eat bags of veggies and still feel hungry. I have to have protein to feel satisfied.
sophiethecat is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #2800
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,311
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
s!! You are all hitting on exactly what I've been thinking this morning. I was LCing from Aug. 1st until I started experimenting w/ JUDD less than 2 weeks ago. I remember Kissa saying that LCers can experience wt. gain because of starting to eat carbs.

On my UDs I've been eating veggies, breads, pasta. Yesterday was UD and I had bread and also had pasta and lots of veggies. Scale was only up 1 pound this morning, which is less than it usually goes up after UDs.

However, my average weight is about the same as it was the day I started JUDDing.

So, I was thinking about only eating lean protein on DDs. And on UDs limiting carbs to non-starchy veggies.

The book came! Yay! I read over half of it this morning. I do like Johnson's explanation of the SRT1 gene and found it encouraging that when it's activated through calorie restriction days, it actually inhibits our bodies from storing fat! This is a good thing.
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #2801
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,311
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
One more thought:

Maintaining for 2 weeks during the holidays is not a bad thing in my mind! Especially with such an enjoyable WOE. Now I may need to tweak it a bit to get the scale moving.
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #2802
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,866
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
One more thought:

Maintaining for 2 weeks during the holidays is not a bad thing in my mind! Especially with such an enjoyable WOE. Now I may need to tweak it a bit to get the scale moving.
How right you are! The scale will move I am certain.
Kissa is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #2803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MintQ8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Salalah, Oman
Posts: 4,383
Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
18.6lbs down as of today!!!
MintQ8 is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #2804
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
18.6lbs down as of today!!!
Whoo hoo, Vicky! Awesome loss!
sophiethecat is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #2805
Major LCF Poster!
 
theredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,571
Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
After my UD yesterday, I lost 2.2 lbs more of the water weight I'd packed on over the weekend. I'm only a pound above goal, so it's all good!
theredhead is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #2806
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MintQ8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Salalah, Oman
Posts: 4,383
Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
After my UD yesterday, I lost 2.2 lbs more of the water weight I'd packed on over the weekend. I'm only a pound above goal, so it's all good!
It's great isn't it?
MintQ8 is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #2807
Senior LCF Member
 
kris4chloe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 460
Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Down to 194.8 this morning (although offficial weigh in isn't til Saturday and that was after a DD). Lost 1.6 after my DD of 642 calories yesterday and had lost 1.2 after an UD of 1744 calories, so I am really hoping I found my magic JUDDD numbers.

Today I am going to try to stick to the 1700-1800 and I am going to continue to keep my DD to the 600-700 range. For some reason 500 used to be easy but the last few DD's I have really struggled. I am wondering if JUDDD is really working and my metabolism has speed up and I truly need more. I am trying harder to listen to what my body needs.

I am excited because only 5.8 pounds away from no longer being considered obese on the BMI and just be overweight. Honestly never thought I would see that!
__________________
Kristi
kris4chloe is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #2808
Senior LCF Member
 
kris4chloe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 460
Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
After my UD yesterday, I lost 2.2 lbs more of the water weight I'd packed on over the weekend. I'm only a pound above goal, so it's all good!
awesome job after an UD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
18.6lbs down as of today!!!
Congrats! so excited for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
s!! You are all hitting on exactly what I've been thinking this morning. I was LCing from Aug. 1st until I started experimenting w/ JUDD less than 2 weeks ago. I remember Kissa saying that LCers can experience wt. gain because of starting to eat carbs.

On my UDs I've been eating veggies, breads, pasta. Yesterday was UD and I had bread and also had pasta and lots of veggies. Scale was only up 1 pound this morning, which is less than it usually goes up after UDs.

However, my average weight is about the same as it was the day I started JUDDing.

So, I was thinking about only eating lean protein on DDs. And on UDs limiting carbs to non-starchy veggies.

The book came! Yay! I read over half of it this morning. I do like Johnson's explanation of the SRT1 gene and found it encouraging that when it's activated through calorie restriction days, it actually inhibits our bodies from storing fat! This is a good thing.
Sounds good! I am focusing more on lean protein and veggies. I have been relying alot on soups and I just trying to make healthies choices overall within my calorie allowance.
kris4chloe is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #2809
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
Down to 194.8 this morning (although offficial weigh in isn't til Saturday and that was after a DD). Lost 1.6 after my DD of 642 calories yesterday and had lost 1.2 after an UD of 1744 calories, so I am really hoping I found my magic JUDDD numbers.

Today I am going to try to stick to the 1700-1800 and I am going to continue to keep my DD to the 600-700 range. For some reason 500 used to be easy but the last few DD's I have really struggled. I am wondering if JUDDD is really working and my metabolism has speed up and I truly need more. I am trying harder to listen to what my body needs.

I am excited because only 5.8 pounds away from no longer being considered obese on the BMI and just be overweight. Honestly never thought I would see that!
Good job, Kris!

Those were my magic numbers too during weight-loss mode, and we are about the same height.
sophiethecat is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #2810
Senior LCF Member
 
pjsam1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 497
Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
My weight on the morning of Dec 20 when we left for Disney: 145.7
I've been sick w/a horrible cold since Christmas eve; only had two DDs since the 20th--one being yesterday because I've started back up after the holiday madness. Weight this AM: 146.4

I LOVE JUDDD!! I was eating whatever--but not really overeating because I'm sick and I can't taste anything. I wasn't counting or weighing, either. So, need to lose 20 more lbs., but I'm VERY happy that I didn't gain a bunch over the holidays.
pjsam1156 is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #2811
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,311
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Congrats to all the losers!!!

I could not sleep last night so I stayed up and read Johnson's entire book. SIRT1 Gene is activated on calorie restricted (DD) days. The more DDs you have (like over a month) the more the gene is activated and produces a special protein that blocks your body's ability to store fat!

My report: Same old, same old with a twist:

After a really, really DD yesterday (trying to get the scale to move) I was shocked to see that my scale only went down 1 pound! Yesterday morning it was up 1.6 after a not too lavish UD. Yesterday's DD calories were 360 as I was hoping to really see a drop.

HOWEVER! Here is the twist: Inches are melting away! The scale numbers are not reflecting the changes I'm seeing in my body. I'm loving the way my size 12 clothes fit.

Today I am going to be brave and try on several bathing suits to see which size and which one looks best. DH and I will be heading to Florida next week.

HOPE IT WARMS UP BY THE TIME WE GET THERE!!!

Since I'm a JUDD newbie I have decided my SIRT1 gene will build up more as time goes on and eventually when the scale realizes all that fat is adding up to pounds, I will see a WHOOSH! Today's an UD and I'm sticking to 1880 cals, lots of protein and non-starchy veggies.
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #2812
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,311
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Good job, Kris!

Those were my magic numbers too during weight-loss mode, and we are about the same height.
I think I need to find my magic numbers!!
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #2813
Senior LCF Member
 
kris4chloe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 460
Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
thats awesome yam-yam.

i too keep track of the inches, sometimes when i am not losing that is where i will see it.

it took about 3-4 weeks for me to really start seeing the snowball effect of weight loss of the DD's.
kris4chloe is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #2814
Major LCF Poster!
 
rubidoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: san diego
Posts: 1,466
Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
18.6lbs down as of today!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
I am excited because only 5.8 pounds away from no longer being considered obese on the BMI and just be overweight. Honestly never thought I would see that!
You guys are doing so great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
After a really, really DD yesterday (trying to get the scale to move) I was shocked to see that my scale only went down 1 pound! Yesterday morning it was up 1.6 after a not too lavish UD. Yesterday's DD calories were 360 as I was hoping to really see a drop.
This is what's happening with me, too. I was 185.4 after my last DD, then 186.8 yesterday after an UD, yesterday I had a solid 500 calorie DD and woke up 1 pound down at 185.8 today.

I could swear that I feel differences in my body, just a tiny bit slimmer, but I put on a pair of jeans this morning that I wore maybe five days ago and they feel even tighter.

When I'm really frustrated with the scale, I wish I didn't have to suffer through an UD before I get another shot at trying to get that number down.

I'm wondering if my SIRT-1 gene stays "on" till I eat on my UD, so that it's on a few extra hours if I fast until late in the day. I almost never eat before 1 and maybe its worth it to push that to 3 or so, maybe do a fast-5 kinda thing. I wonder if this could help with losing.
rubidoux is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #2815
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I'm wondering if my SIRT-1 gene stays "on" till I eat on my UD, so that it's on a few extra hours if I fast until late in the day. I almost never eat before 1 and maybe its worth it to push that to 3 or so, maybe do a fast-5 kinda thing. I wonder if this could help with losing.
From what I understand, once you've had a DD, the gene "stays on" to carry you through the UD and to the next DD.

Just make sure you get all your calories in or as close you as can during your UDs.

How long have you been doing JUDDD?
sophiethecat is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #2816
Major LCF Poster!
 
theredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,571
Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Kris and Sophie, we're the same height and I, too, seem to do well with similar calorie numbers. Great job!

Pjsam, it's exciting, isn't it? I hope you feel better soon.

Yam-Yam, that's so awesome about the inches melting away. The pounds will follow, I have no doubt.
theredhead is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #2817
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Also, as you are starting out or at different times during your weight loss, there will appear to be gains here and there. Your body loses fat from fat cells but fills them up with water as a sort of "place-holder" in case it needs to fill the cells with fat again.

So it looks like you are maintaining or even gaining when this happens. But with enough time on JUDDD, the body will give up holding the fat cells in place with water, and you will get a "whoosh" of loss on the scales and in measurement.
sophiethecat is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #2818
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I love this thread!!! So many seeing great results either in pounds or inches and that is all that matter: Seeing results somewhere!

Happy to report the BEEB is back to her 134 weight that she is comfortable with after a good start to a regular rotation week! DON'T like MDs at all, I decided and am going to stay away from them as much as I can.
Beeb is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #2819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,222
Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Wow! You are all doing so well!

Laurie, Kris and Sophie, my numbers are very similar to yours.
Sophie, I know you're not using those numbers anymore since you're in maintenance, but they do seem to work wonders for weight loss.......I'm not as tall as you and they still work.

I've actually had some UDs when my calories exceeded 2000 and then I gained, but it came right back off on the next DD or two.

I pretty much stick to 500 on DDs, but if I'm not able to finish the day then I don't hesitate to add another 100 calories.
__________________
Gracie




Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #2820
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,222
Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I love this thread!!! So many seeing great results either in pounds or inches and that is all that matter: Seeing results somewhere!

Happy to report the BEEB is back to her 134 weight that she is comfortable with after a good start to a regular rotation week! DON'T like MDs at all, I decided and am going to stay away from them as much as I can.
^^^^^This

While I did these MDs from the start of JUDDD, I really am suspicious that was the reason I maintained at a higher weight for so long.

They're off my radar at least for now!

I sure do know how to maintain with them, however!
sazzie is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.