Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 06:27 AM   #2761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Not weighing today - after my DD/UD yesterday!!

To deal with life - I ate lunch on Friday (UD style) didn't eat until dinner on Saturday (4.30pm Friday to 8.45pm Saturday) except about 150 cals. Ate like an UD last night - enjoyed breakfast out this morning - finished at 10.00am - and am now on a DD until 10 am tomorrow morning then back to normal schedule!!!

However, decided to weigh myself at about 6pm last night - and was 1.4lbs less than I was in the morning!!!

Love the flexibility!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #2762
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Just done my official end of week 3 weigh-in: I've gained 0.3kg since my week 2 weigh-in (which was approximately the same as the weigh-in at the end of week 1).

I haven't fully decided what I'm going to do. I understand the thinking that underlies some of the recommendations that I should increase the UD calories. However, I also think that my BMR is very low because I was inactive following an accident that it's taken me a while to recover from and that I possibly need a very low intake in order to facilitate further weight loss.

It took from the close of June to December to lose a tiny amount of weight, 200-300g at a time. I switched to JUDDD after I'd only broken my stall by eating approx. 700cals per day for a week: I thought that if nothing else, JUDDD would be an easier way to do that if necessary. However, I seem to have stalled again (or am actually gaining weight although that might be related to other factors).
First off hugs. I know its very frustrating

Can u give us a bit more info. Have u monitored your calories?? Maybe we can help u tweak a bit
Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #2763
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Just done my official end of week 3 weigh-in: I've gained 0.3kg since my week 2 weigh-in (which was approximately the same as the weigh-in at the end of week 1).

I haven't fully decided what I'm going to do. I understand the thinking that underlies some of the recommendations that I should increase the UD calories. However, I also think that my BMR is very low because I was inactive following an accident that it's taken me a while to recover from and that I possibly need a very low intake in order to facilitate further weight loss.

It took from the close of June to December to lose a tiny amount of weight, 200-300g at a time. I switched to JUDDD after I'd only broken my stall by eating approx. 700cals per day for a week: I thought that if nothing else, JUDDD would be an easier way to do that if necessary. However, I seem to have stalled again (or am actually gaining weight although that might be related to other factors).
I'm up too at my week 3 weigh in. 0.8 lbs. Perhaps this is a trend. Down, down or even, then up, then week 4 down! That's what I'm hoping anyway! I'm still plugging along and hoping for a good weigh in next week. Good luck!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #2764
Major LCF Poster!

Wtg vicky

mississippi mom. Your DD calories ideally should be below 500 if u can. You will find that with up day calories it may be a try as you go. It would depend on how active you r and if u have any health issues. Some of us r surprised how high our ud calories can go and still show a official weight loss at the end of the week. Some have found keeping calories a bit lower on ud has worked for them.

My mom is still in the hospital. It was a tough week but I was happy when I jumped on scale and for the week I am only up 0.5 pound. I really have been trying to plan my days out. I feel really positive that this plan will work for me if I can stay focused. Not an easy thing to do but I promised myself to do my best everyday.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #2765
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Jodi, I'm sorry your mom is still in the hospital. I know that makes life stressful for you. Only .5 pound up under those circumstances is wonderful. You're doing the best you can, and it's going fine.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #2766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
First off hugs. I know its very frustrating

Can u give us a bit more info. Have u monitored your calories?? Maybe we can help u tweak a bit
Thank you & KeirasMom and others.
Quote:
My DDs have been 300-350cals and my UDs are typically 1200cals or thereabouts (I'm approx 5ft 4, post-menopausal and sedentary: the JUDDD calculators estimate DDs at 320cals & UDs at 1600cals - I opted for a slightly lower UD because I'd already been low carb and calorie restricted before starting JUDDD) [& I've been rehabbing from an accident so think I've lost some of my muscle mass which has lowered my BMR].
I make all of my food myself wherever possible and am very careful to weigh everything and calculate its calorie content.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #2767

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
123.8 after all the festivities. Certainly working for me
Old 01-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #2768
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Epic Fail

I have gained 8 pounds since Thanksgiving, half of it in the last 10 days. I have only had one good, solid down day in the last week. I'm so, so, so glad the holidays are over and I can get back on track. I am not here to complain, not here to whine, and not in need of a butt kicking. Just fessing up to the choices I made the last month, and especially the last 7-10 days, and today is a new day, a new week, a new month, a new year! A new beginning in every way. So, today I start over with an up day, and tomorrow a down day. I will be back at 145, and lower, before I know it.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #2769
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/11
When I stated JUDDD (only 6 days ago) I weighed 189 and this morning I weighed myself for the first time and weigh 184. this is 5 pounds I won't miss at all!!!! I love JUDDD and the helpful/nice people here!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #2770
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
I have gained 8 pounds since Thanksgiving, half of it in the last 10 days. I have only had one good, solid down day in the last week. I'm so, so, so glad the holidays are over and I can get back on track. I am not here to complain, not here to whine, and not in need of a butt kicking. Just fessing up to the choices I made the last month, and especially the last 7-10 days, and today is a new day, a new week, a new month, a new year! A new beginning in every way. So, today I start over with an up day, and tomorrow a down day. I will be back at 145, and lower, before I know it.
right there with ya, on all fronts. weight gain, time frame, etc...same... BUT, i did tell myself i was going to allow myself to just enjoy all the holiday goodies. and that's just what i did, so i really have no right to be upset. but, unfortunately, for me, i don't seem to lose of JUDDD but can maintain ok. so i am doing a round (21-30 days) of hHCG to get the weight off then maintain with JUDDD. good luck as you get back to normal.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #2771
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Just had a chance to skim and catch up a bit. We have been crazy busy.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Avery: Congrats on your new low!

I've been doing this about 10 days now so I'm still a newbie and still learning.

I hit a new low after my second DD (been doing LC since Aug 1st and lost 30 pounds). I've hit that new low two more times after DDs but have not gone below it yet. This morning when I weighed after an UD yesterday, it was my lowest "high", meaning my lowest after an UD. So, fingers crossed that tomorrow I will have a NEW lower low! Does that make sense?

Anyway, I'll change my stats when I get used to the bouncing scale. It bounces as much as 4 pounds either way in a day! Crazy! But, I'm getting used to it. Great advice on this thread. You told me it was normal for this WOE and I'm feeling fantastic, so I'm a believer!

I'm happy to be in One-der-land and can't wait to get out of the 90's. hopefully soon!

Gotta run. Taking my grand kids to the park!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #2772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
I hit a new low after my second DD (been doing LC since Aug 1st and lost 30 pounds). I've hit that new low two more times after DDs but have not gone below it yet. This morning when I weighed after an UD yesterday, it was my lowest "high", meaning my lowest after an UD. So, fingers crossed that tomorrow I will have a NEW lower low! Does that make sense?
Yes, I totally know what you mean!
Old 01-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #2773
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Speck and dazygyrl, I bet you guys are going to feel so good once you've got a couple of days under your belts!

Wine2, That's so exciting!

Yam-Yam, My fingers are crossed for yours and my weigh-ins tomorrow.

I am at a new JUDDDing low after my UD yesterday, 185.4, so I've lost 6.6 pounds in my week on JUDDD. I'm getting so close to my (strangely important to me) mini-goal of 183.

I woke up this morning with a b/s of 46 and gritted my teeth through it and haven't had anything to eat yet. I'm really happy I was able to do that because a big pile of carbs in the morning can ruin my day. I just want more and more. I would have eaten my DD calories in one sitting and been demoralized and well, you can imagine... It would have been a bad first day of the new year. So I'm pretty proud of myself for managing to avoid that fate.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
Old 01-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #2774
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
Start Date: 12/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I am at a new JUDDDing low after my UD yesterday, 185.4, so I've lost 6.6 pounds in my week on JUDDD. I'm getting so close to my (strangely important to me) mini-goal of 183.

I woke up this morning with a b/s of 46 and gritted my teeth through it and haven't had anything to eat yet. I'm really happy I was able to do that because a big pile of carbs in the morning can ruin my day. I just want more and more. I would have eaten my DD calories in one sitting and been demoralized and well, you can imagine... It would have been a bad first day of the new year. So I'm pretty proud of myself for managing to avoid that fate.
That's great to lose 6# this week!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #2775

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Lordy, I love this attitude. I'm so glad to read you had many delightful meals of delightful foods, and undoubtedly lots of delightful Holiday *special treats* etc. I did too! I've come to the realization in my life that there are special times, when I relax the rules and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, and then there are just the rest of the mostly everyday regular days and weeks, and I can JUDDD my behind off then.

I'm up a bit too, and with absolutely no worry at all. I expect some of our weight gains are water weight anyway. (Well... keeping my fingers crossed about that) and JUDDD will get the weight melting back off shortly.

Sounds like you've had a truly delightful extended Holiday Season. I'm happy for you. And I like your calm confidence that you'll just step back into your normal JUDDD rotation of UD/DD and let life continue, lose the bit of weight gain again, and be all back to your JUDDD normal.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #2776
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Lordy, I love this attitude. I'm so glad to read you had many delightful meals of delightful foods, and undoubtedly lots of delightful Holiday *special treats* etc. I did too! I've come to the realization in my life that there are special times, when I relax the rules and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, and then there are just the rest of the mostly everyday regular days and weeks, and I can JUDDD my behind off then.

I'm up a bit too, and with absolutely no worry at all. I expect some of our weight gains are water weight anyway. (Well... keeping my fingers crossed about that) and JUDDD will get the weight melting back off shortly.

Sounds like you've had a truly delightful extended Holiday Season. I'm happy for you. And I like your calm confidence that you'll just step back into your normal JUDDD rotation of UD/DD and let life continue, lose the bit of weight gain again, and be all back to your JUDDD normal.
Thanks Pat! I absolutely knew what I was doing when I was doing it. And I very much enjoyed all the holiday foods, and I have an action plan to get back to where I was a month ago. I suspect about 3 pounds of it is water. We shall see come Saturday, after I've had 3 down days, what the real damage is.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #2777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post

I woke up this morning with a b/s of 46 and gritted my teeth through it and haven't had anything to eat yet. I'm really happy I was able to do that...
Yay for your new low!!!

When you grit your teeth and don't eat through a low blood sugar episode...
what makes your b/s rise? How long does it take?
Doesn't sound like fun!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #2778
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Yay for your new low!!!

When you grit your teeth and don't eat through a low blood sugar episode...
what makes your b/s rise? How long does it take?
Doesn't sound like fun!
Thank you!

It depends on what my insulin is doing. Normally, if it's first thing in the morning I'm not getting a spike in my insulin (since the last time I did any fast acting was ten or more hours ago and that's pretty much cleared from my system with 3 to 5 hours -- I wouldn't try ignoring a low in that time frame) I can do this as long as I'm relatively asymptomatic. If I'm shaking and sweating and feeling horrible, I always just eat, and usually I eat out of control. It's very hard for me to reel it in when I feel that way. This morning I could feel that I was low, but I didn't feel terrible. I didn't test again till I ate and that was hours later, but my guess is that I was up over 90 within an hour. I'm not sure what makes it go up. It may just be that my insulin was waning. If it were much earlier in the morning (I slept in!), the dawn phenomenon would probably make it go up faster and higher.

Are you on meds for b/s, Jenny?
Old 01-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #2779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just Metformin.
And I almost always wake up with my BG around 115-125.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #2780
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Just Metformin.
And I almost always wake up with my BG around 115-125.
That's right! I'm jealous.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:30 AM   #2781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

pleased that this morning's weigh in was .2lb less than the low I had on Saturday afternoon!!! Yay!!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #2782
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Congrats on the losses, everyone, and for getting back on track on this side of the new year

On the 28th I was down to a new JUDDD low of 139# (was not trying to lose anymore weight, I think it was the shakeup of doing a regular 36 hr. DD instead of a 24 hr one).

I went up as high as 143# on the 30th. That's as high as I've weighed since before Christmas, so it's as if my body has claimed a lower set-point now that it sees I've been maintaining happily with lots of glorious foods.

Today I am at 141# after a FD yesterday.

I think I am going to claim a new setpoint of 143# instead of 145#. 145# was my goal all summer and fall during weight loss, and when I reached it, I looked good and have had no problem maintaining right around there with FDs - never letting myself get over 146#.

I think I will change that sliding scale and let 145# now be my upper limit before I start reigning in the FDs and turn them into UDs.

I'll see how it goes. Really, the main thing I need to do now is not worry about losing more weight because I don't *have* to - I'm fine in the mid-140s if I wanted to stay there, but what I should do is start toning up to look my best. Shorts and short-sleeve season is around the corner, lol!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 01-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #2783
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
My weight has been all over the place but I haven't kept a good UD/DD rotation since Christmas. I felt really bloated the last 3 days but I think that's going away. Here's the last week or so with only 3 down days. It was good to be back in range again this morning. I've been averaging under 1200 since after Christmas.

December
25 ? 113.8 Free Christmas Feast
26 385 116.2 Down
27 1005 115.4 Mid
28 1635 113.4 Up
29 475 114.0 Down
30 1944 113.6 Up Party
31 1539 115.8 Up Party

January
1 365 116.4 Down
2 ? 114.4 Up (around 1600)
Old 01-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #2784
Major LCF Poster!

Jayne WTG I am so glad that its working for you!!

I had a free day yesterday. My dad has been so stressed that my brother and I got together and watched the Giant game last night. We are big fans and it really made him happy to be be together. It helped that the Giants won. So needless to say I ate a bit more than I planned. Today was right back to a DD. Its went well but I was a bit hungrier due to all the carbs I ate yesterday.

I am hoping to try and keep a closer eye on my upday calories and plan plan plan plan. With my mom still in the hospital I have tried to make sure I did the grocery shopping and cooked today so things are right there in the refrig to grab and go.

Thank you all for your hugs and . This is a really difficult time for me and my family. I am so greatful that I have you guys for support and keep me on track. Judd does work for me!! I just need to work it!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #2785
KAS
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KAS
Stats: 326/298.5/150
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: June 2009
Hi everyone! Hope you had a great New Year. I am on my 3rd DD and have lost 3lbs. (and that was after an UD) I know I shouldn't weigh too often but I couldn't wait a week. I am sooooo excited and thinking that this just might work for me! Thanks for all the great information that you share on the boards it really helps and motivates!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #2786
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi All:

Great to read your posts.

Jodi: You are in my thoughts and prayers and so is your Mom. Your Dad, too.

I was disappointed with the scale today. After a good DD yesterday it did not go back down to the lower low that I talked about. It was down. Just not as far down as it was the day before yesterday.

It could be salt. We were at DD's house hanging out w/ our DGKs. They ordered pizza and I asked them to order a green salad with grilled chicken breast for me. It was a big salad, but kept me well under the 500 cal mark. I drizzled EVOO and balsamic vinegar on it. I'll bet the chicken had lots of salt in it and the scale is reflecting fluid retention. No worries. I'm going to keep on JUDDING. Today is lots of LC foods for me and I'm staying away from salt!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #2787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Since I've started JUDDDing I have included a MD in my rotation because of a weekly dinner engagement we have every Friday night.

Well, I've noticed a trend that each week, I set myself back a bit and it takes a full week's cycle to get back to where I started. Even though I'm about 3 lbs from maintenance, nevertheless, it's 3 lbs that is staying on.

So, I've decided that I will be doing a normal JUDDD rotation, and go to dinner with my friends every other week. I see two of my group during the week anyway, so I don't feel too badly about it.

After the holiday feasting, there were too many FDs and I feel that skipping every other Friday dinner will help me pull the reins in a bit.

Gracie's Journal
Old 01-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #2788
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Tomorrow will be the start of my regular rotation again, thank the powers that be!

I am still holding at 134 but I know I need to reign in this "holiday eating" mind set and all those MDs I need this week to keep my holiday rotation where I wanted it to be and now I need to get back to business. I actually did a DD on Monday but was not happy with how I did it! Ate way too much junk food for my liking and will do a great DD tomorrow, lower in carbs and higher in veggies!

Was 135 today after a DD, but I'm not sure it that is right because I weighed on DF's scales and not mine. Will weigh tomorrow after today's FD and see what my scale says. I know it will be up but how much will determine how tight I need to reign myself in on my DD tomorrow. Since I usually eat up to 750 cals on my DD, if that scale number is not to my liking it will be a lower DD to get back on track.

I just love how on JUDDD we can mess around when in maintenance and get right back in the saddle when we wander off the path at times!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 01-02-2012 at 09:35 PM..
Old 01-03-2012, 05:30 AM   #2789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It really is flexible in that way isn't it - but not too flexible!!!

I am really pleased that after a good UD I only went up (will not say put on!) 0.2lb!!!

Having a good DD now - it's 12.30 - and I suppose I ought to eat something or at least drink something soon!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #2790

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
124 today after a lovely UD where my DD^^^^MintQ8 and I met another LCF friend for a great lunch.

DD going well, a mushroom soup hit the spot a while ago. Shiritake noodles and chilli arabiata for me tonight.
Closed Thread