Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Yeah, but it was water weight for sure with the carb overload!! LOL
Well, I know most at LCF would sympathize with anyone over the return of some water weight, but I'm more... pfff... If I can eat some carbs I'm not worrying about a few pounds of water weight!

I was only concerned about getting some of the FAT weight off. :

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Ann, I know how frustrating that can be. Hang in there. If you're losing weight overall, everything is set about right. And despite daily fluctuations, when I track my weight on a calendar each day, but compare the weeks as they go by, I can see the losses winning over the gains, and weight going down as the weeks go by.

The only time to become concerned is when you've been on JUDDD long enough for your body to have adjusted to it, and adjusted some water regain within your tissues if you eat more carbs again, and then once that *readjustment* phase is accomplished, weight loss should resume. So if not after awhile, you can rethink the calorie ceilings, but I don't think you're remotely at that point? I think you're doing a great job.
Thanks, Pat. I was just being self-indulgent. I'm glad to be losing at all these days-- especially after a full month of being stuck.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Well, I know most at LCF would sympathize with anyone over the return of some water weight, but I'm more... pfff... If I can eat some carbs I'm not worrying about a few pounds of water weight!
I think Cathy gets crazy water weight...like 10 pounds in a day (am I right cathy?). That would so mess with my head.

I guess I'm lucky - it's usually 3 if I go out of ketosis, and I don't mind the weight itself, I just mind getting too hungry (if it happens, I do better with a carby dinner than lunch). And M&Ms are never a good option for me.

I'm so ready for tomorrow to be an up day. Have a pizza topping eating lunch already planned.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #244

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Paula,

I am ready for my UP day tomorrow too!!!!!!!!!!!!! . Edited to say that we are going out to dinner tomorrow to an Italian restaurant. Unfortunately, their nutrition info. is not online. That can not be a good sign, LOL. OH WELL.

Last edited by Cruzcrzy; 10-05-2011 at 01:49 PM..
Old 10-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I think Cathy gets crazy water weight...like 10 pounds in a day (am I right cathy?). That would so mess with my head.

I guess I'm lucky - it's usually 3 if I go out of ketosis, and I don't mind the weight itself, I just mind getting too hungry (if it happens, I do better with a carby dinner than lunch). And M&Ms are never a good option for me.

I'm so ready for tomorrow to be an up day. Have a pizza topping eating lunch already planned.
I don't know why there is sometimes that HUGE water grab when some of us first go off low carb or very low carb. I understand it does moderate and lessen, but it would be pretty shocking to witness, and I can sure understand how it could undermine one's confidence about whether they wanted to enjoy some carbs in their diet again after all.

Knowing that it was just water though, I'd probably just go with it, see if it didn't moderate itself after a couple of weeks, and finally if it would never moderate to some more reasonable level, I could always do the old very low carb thing again and pee it away.

But I can certainly understand how disappointing a gain like that would seem on the scale, even knowing that it wasn't fat.

Still laughing about your M & M wrestling though.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
I don't know why there is sometimes that HUGE water grab when some of us first go off low carb or very low carb. I understand it does moderate and lessen, but it would be pretty shocking to witness, and I can sure understand how it could undermine one's confidence about whether they wanted to enjoy some carbs in their diet again after all.

Knowing that it was just water though, I'd probably just go with it, see if it didn't moderate itself after a couple of weeks, and finally if it would never moderate to some more reasonable level, I could always do the old very low carb thing again and pee it away.

But I can certainly understand how disappointing a gain like that would seem on the scale, even knowing that it wasn't fat.

Still laughing about your M & M wrestling though.
I am pretty sure I am carb sensitive or allergic. I can literally go up 5-10 lbs in a day of severe carb/sugar eating. Its ridiculous how fast it can go up. Its a huge disappointment, and yet, I know this, and does it stop me? Nope.. (well... most of the time but not all). I am not a LCer.... but I am trying to become one due to sensitivities to carbs... but I love carbs.. even if they hate me..
Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #247

Quote:
I am pretty sure I am carb sensitive or allergic. I can literally go up 5-10 lbs in a day of severe carb/sugar eating. Its ridiculous how fast it can go up. Its a huge disappointment, and yet, I know this, and does it stop me? Nope.. (well... most of the time but not all). I am not a LCer.... but I am trying to become one due to sensitivities to carbs... but I love carbs.. even if they hate me..
I think that's just the pits.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
LOL about stopping a few yards from the summit of Everest to look around.

I don't remember what weight you were when you started JUDDDing with us over here. I believe you were not losing on your standard low carb at that time, but am I remembering that right? But JUDDD got weight loss started again for you, and I suspect you'll lose a few more in the near future to reach your goal.

Do you think your current calorie numbers will be about right for your maintenance, or are you expecting to have to raise them some, as Linda did.
I doubt that the view from 2.75 pounds further down (or "up" , mountain wise!) will be any better...but i want to put the flag in and say "I Did it!"

I lost most of my weight last year by doing very low cal/fat...but my cals were getting lower and lower.

I read good calories bad calories...and saw the sense to low carb...so started Atkins. Doing about 20 carbs I lost a bit of water weight...but that was all. I know my cals must have nearly doubled..so it is amazing I didnt gain!

After 5 months on Atkins, I had been following Beebs threads...and eventually started Juddd...with carbs at under 70, usually less.

When i started juddd, i was 143.75.

5 weeks on I am down 6lbs! I am SO please with a lb a week loss....and I have everything crossed that it will continue!

My weight loss has been anything but linear..more yoyo...but its going in the right direction...was it you who used the ball bouncing down the stairs analogy? That sure is me!

As to my calories...I am doing 500/1700..does this sound ok to you?.....and I sure HOPE to be able to raise them a bit when I get to maintainance!...Otherwise i will be maintaining on an average of 1100 cals per day...which seems really low! ( I LOVE to eat!)

Hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Last edited by Joedi; 10-05-2011 at 02:38 PM..
Old 10-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I think that's just the pits.
I soooo agree!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
I doubt that the view from 2.75 pounds further down (or "up" , mountain wise!) will be any better...but i want to put the flag in and say "I Did it!"

I lost most of my weight last year by doing very low cal/fat...but my cals were getting lower and lower.

I read good calories bad calories...and saw the sense to low carb...so started Atkins. Doing about 20 carbs I lost a bit of water weight...but that was all. I know my cals must have nearly doubled..so it is amazing I didnt gain!

After 5 months on Atkins, I had been following Beebs threads...and eventually started Juddd...with carbs at under 70, usually less.

When i started juddd, i was 143.75.

5 weeks on I am down 6lbs! I am SO please with a lb a week loss....and I have everything crossed that it will continue!

My weight loss has been anything but linear..more yoyo...but its going in the right direction...was it you who used the ball bouncing down the stairs analogy? That sure is me!

As to my calories...I am doing 500/1700..does this sound ok to you?.....and I sure HOPE to be able to raise them a bit when I get to maintainance!...Otherwise i will be maintaining on an average of 1100 cals per day...which seems really low! ( I LOVE to eat!)

Hugs
Jo
x
I'm so glad you are having success at losing on JUDDD, even though you couldn't lose on low carb earlier. Your weight loss here has been very good, particularly since you are already so slim and near your ultimate goal. Actually, your JUDDD rate of weight loss might even be considered pretty fast for as close to goal as you are!

And yes, the ball bouncing down the stairs is my analogy, but it just hit me one day that the visual was almost exactly how my weight loss had been when I looked at weight daily. If I'd only weighed and looked at a number weekly, or monthly.. I'll bet it would have looked a lot more like a sled going downhill on snow. The little fluctuation bumps not so apparent, and looking from a distance like it was just one smooth downward glide.

Some folks can't ever eat much more in maintenance than what they were eating to lose the weight. They up it just a little, and that stops anymore weight loss, and then.. that's it. If they add back in much more, they start going back up.

And then.. there's Linda! Who really has had to up her calories to find a maintenance range, else she was continuing to drop weight, and she didn't want to lose anymore.

Yes, an 1100 calorie-per-day food level really does sound pretty low for maintenance. I can only assume that you will be able to increase your numbers to reflect something more reasonable than that.

On the other hand, I also know that the reason most of us ended up here at LCF in the first place was because of overweight, and often at least part of our weight gains in the first place was that we have somewhat sluggish metabolisms.. sadly true for many of us. So getting that revved up somewhat is a big goal, and many find JUDDD helping with that hoped for goal.

Possible to not be able to eat at a much higher level in maintenance? Yeah, it sure happens. But I think most can up that pretty decently. But, you know... even if my calorie average for an UD paired with a DD was lower than I wanted when all was said and done, my lovely Up Days would still make it oh-so-worth-it to remain on JUDDD, eating lower on DDs, and maintaining happily evermore.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #251
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
But, you know... even if my calorie average for an UD paired with a DD was lower than I wanted when all was said and done, my lovely Up Days would still make it oh-so-worth-it to remain on JUDDD, eating lower on DDs, and maintaining happily evermore.
YEA BABY!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:28 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Thanks for all the kind words, BUDDDs! I'm down another pound today after yesterday's DD. That's a total of 8 in 9 days! I'm totally blown away by how well this is working for me.

Rock it today, JUDDD BUDDDs!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:57 AM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
OK, back down 1 pound - still .4 above Saturday's weight. .2 below Tuesday's weight.

Hope everyone has a good day planned. I'll be eating yogurt, pizza toppings, salad with blue cheese, and buttery salmon.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:27 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
It dawned on me I have gone to bed several days with the chocolate covered almonds
I bought only half finished. In the before JUDDD that just did not happen.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:55 AM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
..........I'm down another pound today after yesterday's DD. That's a total of 8 in 9 days! I'm totally blown away by how well this is working for me..........
This is absolutely fabulous. Great work, and great results. I know starting in on almost any diet may give us some early fast weight loss, but this you are still getting your exciting weight loss numbers beyond the first few days, and that's what is making me cheer!

I'm so glad you're here with us now! Why don't we come to this JUDDD plan a lot sooner? When I think of all the time I floundered trying to lose weight by just sticking to my low carb and it wasn't working for me, I could just cry. And here we are, watching each other lose weight now or maintaining happily, and supporting each others SUCCESS! Woo Hoo!

Quote:
OK, back down 1 pound - still .4 above Saturday's weight. .2 below Tuesday's weight.

Hope everyone has a good day planned. I'll be eating yogurt, pizza toppings, salad with blue cheese, and buttery salmon.
Glad it's coming back down for you, Paula. JUDDD is a plan that can sure have a lot more sizable fluctuations than most other plans do, that's for sure. But I still weigh every morning and just ignore the ups and downs of it.

Your food choices for today sound yummy. I don't know what calorie levels you eat at, but I could sure follow your menu for today with great satisfaction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
It dawned on me I have gone to bed several days with the chocolate covered almonds
This had me laughing! We were all talking about *where we'd like to be by Christmas* in another thread here, and I remember you wanted to be completely out of the 2X and comfortably into the 1X's by then for sure, and wanted to have another great blood pressure report at the doc's, so you'd be taken off the meds.

I'd say forgetting to eat the rest of the chocolate-covered almonds is going to help you toward those goals. LOL

It's pretty amazing that food choices we would have gone ga-ga over before JUDDD, and that maybe we did go a smidge overboard on when we first started here with this freedom allowed us.. end up being enjoyable but also lose any power over us. So sometimes we may choose to enjoy them, but most of the time we're quite content to eat *that* some other time. No big deal.

Land Sakes! You're doing a great job!

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-06-2011 at 06:57 AM..
Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies...
Well... I started off well, went a bit overboard at nighttime and ended up around 2600 calories.. (so over board about 600 over my goal of 2000) UGH!!!! and the scale nicely showed it for me this morning as well, back up the 3 lbs from yesterday...

DD today ... guess we will see what it brings for me... Anyone got some ducktape for my mouth???
Old 10-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #257

Quote:
Good morning ladies...
Well... I started off well, went a bit overboard at nighttime and ended up around 2600 calories.. (so over board about 600 over my goal of 2000) UGH!!!! and the scale nicely showed it for me this morning as well, back up the 3 lbs from yesterday...

DD today ... guess we will see what it brings for me... Anyone got some ducktape for my mouth???

Is your worst time to *resist* eating in the evenings? Lots of times that has a lot to do with our innate inner biorhythms. Some people try to proclaim that as a breakdown or failing to be resisted by strong arm tactics or treated medically by taking some various pills or other supplements.

I think it's nice to plan for my day's calorie allotment to include some awfully nice and filling evening snacking. It sure works for me.

Do you have much morning appetite? I can always eat a breakfast earlier, but usually I'm not really very hungry until the latter part of the morning, closing in on the midday before my appetite signals me.

So I may start my day with just a couple mugs of coffee with half & half, but for my evening snacking this evening, I'm treating myself to two apples and a carton of fruit yogurt. Yummy nummy indulgences for a Down Day!

And truthfully, Cathy, I don't think being up three pounds was just because you went over your intended calorie limit by 600. I think if you'd have stuck to your 2000 calorie ceiling, you'd still be up nearly this same amount. I may be completely wrong, but I believe you are now just adding back in some water weight into your muscle tissues from eating at a little higher carb level these days, as nature intended for this process to happen, and I really think if you would just allow that to happen, and then start in at that bit higher *water weight-loaded* body weight, and follow JUDDD calorie rotations, you would see your body adjusting to the new carbs and continuing to be willing to reduce those few more fat pounds that you'd like to see gone. I believe your weight would end up coming on down again, even while you retained a bit of water weight from enjoying more variety in your diet.

I think we have sometimes come to fear not just the fat accumulation on our bodies, but even Mother Nature's design of reserving carbohydrate fuel within us, so we have come to vilify even that water weight as abhorrent.

Of course we all get to do our eating plans as we choose and wish to design them, but when I read your menus, it looks like you are wanting to experience JUDDD not just for a bit of continued fat loss but also for the wider variety of foods you can add to your days, some enjoyment from allowing an expanded variety and number of carbohydrate foods into your diet.

Is there a way you can relax about this bit of water weight gain for right now, allow these additional bits of carbohydrate choices to enrich your diet experience as you choose, and give your body the time to come to terms with it all, so it doesn't over-react quite so strongly to this slight increase of carbs. And then continue your JUDDD calorie Up-Down cycle to shed the few extra fat pounds you're wanting gone?

We often seem to spend months and even years withholding almost all carbohydrate foods from our diets to the extreme, to the point where we manage to make ourselves very, very carb sensitive, and then are appalled and frankly, a little scared, at the almost unbridled out-of-proportion response our bodies first react with, once we reintroduce some carb. That settles down and normalizes.

Well, anyway.. I hope you won't be too unhappy about this. You are very beautiful and young, and you have done such a good job of getting slim and trim with not too many pounds yet to go. It would be lovely if you could allow your body to have back a few pounds of water weight as it continues to loose the excess fat pounds for you.

I'm rooting for you and for your success! I know you'll make it!

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-06-2011 at 08:07 AM..
Old 10-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #258

/

MORNING JUDDD BUDDDs!! Well, holding steady at the weight I like, 149! Going to give it a few more days on the "beeb experiment" with the upped calories and then come to a resting stop and keep things as they are if it's still working well, if not it's tweaking time again! Congrats to all the losers out there today, and those who are still keeping on with the plan and not getting discouraged! IT DOES WORK, I'M PROOF!! So hang in there, and let your bodies heal so that it will start to work for you, too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Thanks for all the kind words, BUDDDs! I'm down another pound today after yesterday's DD. That's a total of 8 in 9 days! I'm totally blown away by how well this is working for me.

Rock it today, JUDDD BUDDDs!
Mommie.....YOU ARE JUDDD!! WTG and WOW!!

Quote:

Sounds like a great food UD for you, and WTG on still going down! .4 is nothing, heck it's a good fart sometimes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Isn't this ^^^ great!! I know the feeling! I plan this big UD, and then all these snacks and I never get to 1/2 of what I planned because I'm just not hungry! BUT, it's also a mental thing with me.....if I CAN have it I often DON'T want it and when I CAN'T have it, I WANT it even more! Now I can have it and it's not a big deal anymore!!

Quote:
Good morning ladies...

I want to suggest that maybe it's a mental thing instead of a hunger thing? I know when I'm unhappy I "feed" the hole the unhappiness is making. Stress makes me do this, too. OR boredom (this is the BIGGEST one for me).

I know you know this, but maybe find something different to do at nighttime to break the eating habits you have developed over time? I have done this with great results and find that now when I am forced to eat later than I like I feel really yucky in the morning and also find it hard to sleep well. Just a suggestion, and I'm in your corner for you to find what is going to work for you.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS AN AMAZING UD OR DD, BUT THAT TURNS OUT TO BE A GREAT DAY NO MATTER WHAT!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 10-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
149 or 139, linda?
Old 10-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Pat, I could not worry about the water weight, but... I am not "overall" losing weight when I go up so much on one day and then usually only down 1.5 or so the next day and then back up 2, etc... know what I mean? I will stop whining. I know its always the same process and I know its not fat, but its never ending and I cannot get down no matter what I try, and I get so irritated, sorry for complaining... onward we go... UGH!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #261

Quote:
Pat, I could not worry about the water weight, but... I am not "overall" losing weight when I go up so much on one day and then usually only down 1.5 or so the next day and then back up 2, etc... know what I mean? I will stop whining. I know its always the same process and I know its not fat, but its never ending and I cannot get down no matter what I try, and I get so irritated, sorry for complaining... onward we go... UGH!
I know. I'm sorry. I think it does take the body a bit of time to adjust. At some point, it is finally filled. You don't just continue to grow more and more water filled, like a water balloon, but it's hard to experience the process without being disillusioned and upset. It is hard to see weight gain higher on UDs than is being countered on DDs, even if you know that is just the continuing water-fill process occurring, and that it will stop, and then you will be set and start experiencing the desired loss of body fat.

I'm so sorry, and want so much for you to be successful and lose body fat while at the same time being able to enjoy more food variety. You've been able to lose such a nice amount of weight to arrive where you are at this time. I absolutely don't want to tread on toes, to push in where it's irritating.. I just am wanting your eventual success so much, blending the continuation of true weight loss with the reward of being able to eat a more *normal* diet (and by that I simply mean a higher carb level to be able to include some pancakes and bananas, etc. as per your meal yesterday) finally after stabilizing your regain of normal water weight.

Still cheering you on.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
149 or 139, linda?

OMG......139!! Mistype, and glad you caught that! That's 10 pounds I found in a 1/2 a second! NOT GOOD!!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #263

Not much new here. I update my stats daily, and I am maintaining nicely. I seem to be a very constant 148/149 lately. I am satisfied with this. This is an UP day for me, but, I am not counting calories for just TODAY. I was a paid taste tester for Sonic earlier, and we are going out for Italian tonight. The restaurant has no nutrition facts online. I am not going to worry about my "counting" for just today. I am expecting a gain tomorrow, but, it will go back down.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Not much new here. I update my stats daily, and I am maintaining nicely. I seem to be a very constant 148/149 lately. I am satisfied with this. This is an UP day for me, but, I am not counting calories for just TODAY. I was a paid taste tester for Sonic earlier, and we are going out for Italian tonight. The restaurant has no nutrition facts online. I am not going to worry about my "counting" for just today. I am expecting a gain tomorrow, but, it will go back down.
I think that's an ideal way to do maintenance. Some people are maintaining right on the cusp of weight gain, so they might find it won't work for them, but there are UDs where I feel free to not count, or to only estimate certain meals, and overall it works fine. If I'm up, it comes back down.

I think sometimes people think you'll have to measure and weigh food portions and count every single calorie for the rest of your life, and you sure can if you want to, but I think your bit-more-casual attitude is a whole lot easier to live with.

Have fun tonight dining on Italian food choices. Sounds yummy!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
OMG......139!! Mistype, and glad you caught that! That's 10 pounds I found in a 1/2 a second! NOT GOOD!!
i thought as much.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Hello all, still weighing in at 183. I'm feeling more philosophical about it today-- it just seems to be how I do things, and I know I'll dip down again soon.

Congrats on losing 10 pounds in less than a minute, Linda!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok, i think i haven't seen any loss b/c i am eating to maintain. lol...duh...and maintaining, i am!

it looks like to lose, i need to average 900/day. soooo, what i am going to try is IF on DD eating 300 cal in the early evening on DD's and 1500 cal on my UD's.

i am also contemplating only weighing once a week...EEK! but on the weekends when i can weigh later in the morning and not at 5:30 am which is when i weigh during the week.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 10-06-2011 at 11:12 AM..
Old 10-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
I have my first challenge tomorrow at work. A few days ago the boss emailed us and told us on Fridays we would be eating our lunch in the conference room and having a meeting. Fine, whatever, I'll bring a salad, right? It's my DD, and I am not disgussing this plan with anyone right now, so no one will think twice about me eating a salad. Then I overheard the boss talking about ordering lunch for us right before I left today. I have no idea what he's getting!

Hopefully it will be from someplace we can order individually and I can get a salad and just eat part of it. I REALLY hope it isn't pizza.

I am thinking on some strategies to keep it a DD becuase even though I could make it an UD, I know on Saturday we are going to the next town over to grocery shop and I really want something from Starbuck's. We live in a small town and don't have one, so it's a treat when we go. I really wish my glu was here so I could make a lowcal pudding for breakfast and even dinner if I had to. I don't think I would survive by skipping breakfast-I just don't think I am there yet. I am going to figure this thing out one way or another!

Last edited by faithgirl; 10-06-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Old 10-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Kathleen- you said you overheard your boss planning to order in? Well, if it were me, I would just "forget" I had overheard, and bring in a delicious salad anyway!
Even if your boss actually announced he was ordering lunch, I would still do this. It's easy enough just to smile and say "oh I forgot, and just made my lunch as normal" or " my tummys feeling a bit delicate today, so I thought I would bring in something light".
Remember, you are in charge of what you eat, and in my experience, if you don't make a big deal of it, usually nobody will even notice!
Enjoy your Starbucks treat!
Hugs
Jo
X
Old 10-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Kathleen- you said you overheard your boss planning to order in? Well, if it were me, I would just "forget" I had overheard, and bring in a delicious salad anyway!
Even if your boss actually announced he was ordering lunch, I would still do this. It's easy enough just to smile and say "oh I forgot, and just made my lunch as normal" or " my tummys feeling a bit delicate today, so I thought I would bring in something light".
Remember, you are in charge of what you eat, and in my experience, if you don't make a big deal of it, usually nobody will even notice!
Enjoy your Starbucks treat!
Hugs
Jo
X

Great advice, Jo .
Closed Thread