Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #2581
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
I'm actually re-thinking my goal number, at least temporarily, as I have maintained the same weight range for over a month now.

Even with all the baking, social dinners, excessive DDs and UDs, I am as steady as a rock. Seems my body likes this weight, and, at the age of 71, maybe I'd better listen to it! It usually knows better than I!

I've been playing around with my calories, and it seems no matter what I do, I still maintain, and believe me, that's a new story for me.

This number is the same number I maintained for over 15 years back in the day, so I'm sure it is a set point.

So, to take any pressure off of myself, I remain content here for now and will do more experimenting after the Holiday is over.

If I had eaten this way with lc, I would be at least 10 lbs. heavier, so it's all good!!!
and very sensible!! We all can learn from this mindset, thanks Sazzie!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #2582
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Gracie I think you are very wise. Enjoy the joys of JUDDD and live comfortably with the weight your body loves... You look wonderful.

I was up to 125 .2 this morning after my big UD yesterday. No worries, what could be more natural?

Wonderful DD, easy and satisfying.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:35 AM   #2583
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Thank you Linda and Cindy,

When mama nature tells me something, then I'd better listen, eh?!

I may be able to change her mind when we ring in the New Year 2012!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #2584
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi Kissa: I popped over here as you suggested. Yesterday was my first DD. I feel really good. Stuck with 440 calories and did not have a hard time at all. On my Christmas wish list I had written "digital food scale" because I've never had one. Yesterday a gift arrived in the mail from DDIL and she had emailed me to say open now! I used it to weigh and measure my roasted chicken and my yogurt so I could get the count right. I love it! New toy.

Question: How much do you all exercise? I started working with a personal trainer 2 times per week about a month ago. I chart my weight every morning. I notice that after a really serious workout -- every time -- the scale goes up the next day. Wondering if I should cut back on the extreme workouts until I get a handle on the JUDD plan.

Of course, this is a crazy week. We have so much going on. I'm planning to head to the gym this morning. I don't have any more Pt sessions this week, but I was going to do all my cardio (1 plus hour of high intensity on the ellipticall) and all my weight lifting (1 hour of strength training and weights with free weights and machines).

My scale has been averaging exactly the same since I started the serious workouts. I know I'm building muscle. But I sure want the numbers to start going down again.

I've been doing LC pretty consistently since August and have been tracking all my food on WW on line tracker. I get in all of their healthy guidelines except for fruit & grains and I do not eat 5 servings of veggies per day. other than that, tracking has helped me get into a really good habit of knowing how much food is going into my body and getting in all my water every day.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #2585
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
The 'gain' after a strenuous working is water retained by the muscles.

When we stress muscles, they experience microscopic tears (which is why we should allow 24 hours for recovery), and in healing those tears, the muscles retain water for protection. Once the muscle heals, the water is eliminated.

As long as you know this, it should not interfere with your weight loss.

Also keep in mind that you don't 'add' muscle unless you consume excess calories. If you're eating at a calorie deficit to lose weight, you are simply 'developing' existing muscle, strengthening those muscles. Thus, you will not 'add' pounds as body-builders do. What you will do is look leaner at any weight because you will have more defined muscle and less fat.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #2586
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Had a good DD finally after a pretty bad week of three failed DD's that turned into MD's and UD's that went far over my calorie. Back down into ONEderland and landed at 197.8 which is a 3 lb loss overnight. That one good DD must have shocked my body.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #2587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I notice that after a really serious workout -- every time -- the scale goes up the next day. Wondering if I should cut back on the extreme workouts until I get a handle on the JUDD plan.

I know I'm building muscle. But I sure want the numbers to start going down again.

I wouldn't recommend cutting back on exercising just to see a lower number on the scale
unless you feel exercising is making you too hungry to stick to your calories,
or if a gentler workout (like Pilates or Callanetics) would do more to change your body shape.

That weight after a workout is probably just water & short-term inflammation needed to repair the muscles.
(ETA: Leo posted at the same time and explained it so much better! )

Do you take your body measurements regularly? Knowing that you've lost a couple inches off your waist and thighs can be very motivating!
Because, ultimately, isn't the goal to be smaller, not just lighter?
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 12-21-2011 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: ETA
Old 12-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #2588
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post

When we stress muscles, they experience microscopic tears (which is why we should allow 24 hours for recovery), and in healing those tears, the muscles retain water for protection. Once the muscle heals, the water is eliminated.

Also keep in mind that you don't 'add' muscle unless you consume excess calories. If you're eating at a calorie deficit to lose weight, you are simply 'developing' existing muscle, strengthening those muscles. Thus, you will not 'add' pounds as body-builders do. What you will do is look leaner at any weight because you will have more defined muscle and less fat.
Great post Leo - I was going to tell her the same thing.
I also notice that my clothes fit much better on JUDDD and that is more important than the number on a scale any day. I have a friend who works out like mad and wears very small clothes. Her weight is not a small number - but she is as fit as can be.

You are doing great and don't give up the exercise.

Nice to "see" you Leo.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #2589
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Ah, Pirate Jenny, we were all posting at the same time - couldn't wait to get our thoughts out there!!
Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #2590
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I'm working on getting off the water weight I gained doing three "crazy days" in a row last weekend. These were holiday get-togethers that I fully intended to enjoy with no food restrictions. I'm embarassed that I gained 6.6 pounds (but my DH did, too, lol). After one good DD, and one UD, I'm down 3 of those pounds. Today's a DD, so I feel pretty confident I'll be in a good place tomorrow, just in time for our own family holiday dinner, lol. On Sunday, we'll have our last celebration, and I'll go back to a stricter rotation.

This is so nice. To be able to maintain well and know that if I jump up, I can get it back down quickly is a great gift. Merry Christmas everyone!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
Old 12-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #2591
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post

Leo u explained that really well!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #2592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
Been about 3 2weeks now. Down about 5.5 pounds. I think it's working.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #2593

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
I think, too! WTG!!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #2594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
Had a good DD finally after a pretty bad week of three failed DD's that turned into MD's and UD's that went far over my calorie. Back down into ONEderland and landed at 197.8 which is a 3 lb loss overnight. That one good DD must have shocked my body.
197.8 is awesome! Way to go!

Quote:
That's a great loss!

I've had some really good down days lately under 500 calories but out of control free days and too many parties. I've been around the 115s instead of the 113s where I want to be. Four more days until Christmas is over and I can get down to business!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #2595

Quote:
I missed this!! Congrats, Kris and WTG!!
Old 12-22-2011, 03:10 AM   #2596
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Happy dance after the scales showed 123.8 after an UD! I forgot to weigh yesterday after my DD, this is a real sign that I am comfortable with my size!

DD today.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:34 AM   #2597
Major LCF Poster!

I am so excited right now!! I am down 6 pounds in 2 weeks!!! My upday calories are high at 2000-2200 and one day I did not count because it was our family christmas party.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #2598
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
WTG!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post

This is so nice. To be able to maintain well and know that if I jump up, I can get it back down quickly is a great gift. Merry Christmas everyone!
Merry Christmas Laurie. Judd seems to be wking for me! Its a great presant to myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post

Do you take your body measurements regularly? Knowing that you've lost a couple inches off your waist and thighs can be very motivating!
Because, ultimately, isn't the goal to be smaller, not just lighter?
I agree!!!! I want to be smaller
Quote:
I find if I really keep those DD in check by the end of the week my weight drops.

[quote=jul
I've had some really good down days lately under 500 calories but out of control free days and too many parties. I've been around the 115s instead of the 113s where I want to be. Four more days until Christmas is over and I can get down to business![/QUOTE]
Christmas is a lost over. Its great that u know if u buckle down u will see your goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Happy dance after the scales showed 123.8 after an UD! I forg
ot to weigh yesterday after my DD, this is a real sign that I am comfortable with my size!

DD today.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:55 AM   #2599
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I haven't been able to weigh for six days due to remodeling in the bathroom (which isn't done yet), and everything was too dusty and messy to find the scales.

But since the workers aren't here today, I stepped on the scales just now and was 144# with clothes on (too cold to take them off!)
Old 12-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #2600
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post

I've had some really good down days lately under 500 calories but out of control free days and too many parties. I've been around the 115s instead of the 113s where I want to be. Four more days until Christmas is over and I can get down to business!
I had a whoosh! 113.2 this morning. I haven't seen that number in a week and a half.

Congrats on the losses Kissa, Jkat, and Sophiethecat!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #2601
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
I had a whoosh! 113.2 this morning. I haven't seen that number in a week and a half.

Congrats on the losses Kissa, Jkat, and Sophiethecat!!!
You too!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #2602
Blabbermouth!!!

Leo and everyone: Thank you! That was a great explanation about what happens to muscles. Question: you said you don't "add" muscle. But, when existing muscle develops, it does get heavier, right? Leaner, but heavier?

Yes, I'm taking measurements and amazed at how the inches are melting away with the exercise. I went from a size 18 jeans to comfortably wearing a size 12. (Boy did I go on a shopping trip! Lots of new size 12 - not even stretchy - jeans with lots of BLING on all the pockets!)

I'm tall, but still, I'm embarrassed by how much I weigh.

On the last Biggest Loser show I took note of one of the girls who is now down to 185 and when she was on the scale I thought she looked amazing in her workout clothes. Very thin. When I weighed 180 and was working out like crazy, I looked awesome. I have pictures! That's why I made it my goal.

Also, in Jorge Cruise's book he has a realistic weight chart which takes into consideration age, height, weight, gender, body type. According to his chart my ideal weight is 178 so I would be comfortable with that.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #2603
Blabbermouth!!!

Got carried away there!

You all are doing so amazing!

Wanted to say that after my first DD (Tues) I was down -1.4

Yesterday was an UD (my first) and I ate pretty much whatever I wanted including carbs. I've been doing low carb since August.

Anyway, today the scale is up +2.8. Wow. Someone on one of the JUDD threads said she is only weighing after DDs. Think I'll do that to avoid the trauma. lol.

I feel amazingly fantastic. Calories were about 2000 yesterday and 440 on the DD. I'm ready for an experiment like this to see if I can shock some pounds off.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #2604
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
I am a diabetic and tried to change from a med. that cost me about $1000 a year to
one that I can get for about $100 a year. Well turns out the darn stuff makes me gain weight that combined with being off program a little and I am up about 8 lbs. I sure hope
it's just water weight and because I stoped taking it tuseday I should have a big woosh
in a day or so. I experemented yesterday and instead of just having it a DD I just did a
total fast well not total I did have about 20 calories. Darn if I didn't find it almost as easy
as trying to stick to 500 calories. And the good Dr. said fasting may be better than a DD
if you can do it. So around 1pm I will be at Golden Corral to end my 40 hour fast.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #2605

SO MANY LOSSES!! Every post seems to be: "I've lost this much in this many days/weeks"!! I just this!! WTG everyone and for those maintaining like myself, we are just JUDDD, aren't we!! And for those still keeping on plan and being patient, lots of for you, and can't wait to hear about your success when it comes!!

On Wednesday morning after a UD/FD I was 136.6 pounds and today after a GREAT DD I am back to 133.8! Gotta JUDDD!!
Old 12-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #2606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Leo and everyone: Thank you! That was a great explanation about what happens to muscles. Question: you said you don't "add" muscle. But, when existing muscle develops, it does get heavier, right? Leaner, but heavier?
It's been a few hours and you haven't gotten an answer, so I'll take a shot at it:
Less-developed muscle has fat deposits throughout it...it's known as "marbling" in beef, if you want a mental image! So as you exercise away this intramuscular fat, the muscle will become denser. I don't know that the individual muscle would become heavier, though; it might actually weigh a bit less, since you've gotten rid of the fat.

Unless you mean by volume. I suppose that, per cubic inch, lean muscle could weigh more than fatty muscle.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #2607
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Had chinese buffet on Sunday....and was up 2lbs to 134.75 on Monday. I know this doesn't seem much....but I dont bounce much at all...and I was gutted to see a gain...especially as I am going home for xmas on Friday.

(on my last visit on 29th August this year....I weighed 146.75...started juddd when I got home on the 31st...and I wanted to be exactly 1 stone less for my next visit! I have been 132.75 for a while....exactly one stone down...so was really annoyed to bounce up!)

As I have been doing FD/DD's, I decided this week should be UD/DD...In prep for the weekend celebrations!

Anyhow...Monday was a very easy DD...a combination of feeling bloated, full of food and fed up saw me eat only 265...my lowest DD yet!....and Tuesday saw me down a lb to 133.75
Had a good 1750 cals on Tuesday..and Wednesday I weighed in at 132.25...yay...back to where I wanted to be for my hols!

Wednesday was a regular DD of 550 cals..and today, Thursday I saw a new low of 131.25!

Have had another good UD today of 1760...and tomorrow, we drive to Scotland!

I have downloaded a few episodes of Heavy to my iphone,(great DD inspiration!) bought a flask to fill with coffee, and am planning a DD/MD for tomorrow....wont eat till we arrive at about 6. (family planning a takeout..I am planning to take a salad!)

Saturday & sunday we will be out all day, eating, shopping, movies and a pantomine..phew!
Monday travelling home, and will be a repeat of Friday!

In a way I am kind of glad I had a bounce up on Monday...after maintaining for weeks on DD/FD's (though i SURE wasnt glad at the time...lol!)

It has showed me that, despite a long history of ED eating, I CAN gain without panicking, or giving up....and with a regular juddd cycle I can quickly undo any damage. Just have to work on NOT being so gutted when I see a gain....my self worth is STILL tied to my weight far more than is healthy)

I have also been pleasantly surprised how easy it had been to go back to UD, after FD's...and how much healthier my food choices have been.
I really beleive juddd helps us to learn about how we relate to food, and how food effects us individually....far more than and "follow to the letter" diet!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Last edited by Joedi; 12-22-2011 at 04:33 PM..
Old 12-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #2608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay Joedi!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #2609
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds great, Jodi!

btw, what's a pantomine?
Old 12-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #2610
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Yum Yum
I don't know about developed muscle adding any weight, but I can share my experience. When I began strength training, I was at goal (before then I'd only been swimming for exercise), but with my strength work I went down a whole pants size without any change on the scale at all.

I look a lot 'leaner,' too. It may be that the muscle does get 'heavier,' but in losing the fat within the muscle, overall weight just evens out? I don't know, but I know I've been working out regularly for about 6 months and have not gained any weight (or lost) but am wearing smaller sizes and really like the way I look.
Closed Thread