Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 05:50 AM   #211
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Up .8 after my UD, ready for my DD. Gotta go defrost something for supper.

Busy, busy, busy the next 2-3 days.

Dazy HMM, someone with more experience should comment. Maybe just a holding pattern for a few days? Happens on straight hcg rounds for me sometimes.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2011, 06:05 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
mind taking a look at my weight pattern the last few days?

135.0 -- after an DD
135.4 -- after UD and TOM starting
134.4 -- after IF, DD
135.2 -- after UD
134.6 -- after DD
134.4 -- after UD
134.8 -- after DD
134.4 -- after UD
134.8 -- after DD (today's weight)

just curious what you think....DD are 550 or below, UD are well, UP...lol...not tracking UD but know i am not going over as a lot of times on UD's i am so full. would really like to lose 4-6 more lbs. don't get me wrong, i am not unhappy at maintaining, just not ready to yet.
It truly is sort of hard to know, especially for women during the TOM, we're such a complex balance of all sorts of internal equipment and hormonal mix fluctuating throughout a month.

But if this pattern continues for another several days, it's a pretty beautiful example of maintenance. Or awfully close.

You didn't say what your UD calorie ceiling is set at. The 550 or below for DDs sounds pretty good, especially the *or below* part, as that can only help, but truly doesn't make much difference. But that is the difference of about another half pound per month.

I would be more interested in what your UD calorie ceiling is set at. You say you don't weigh or measure any foods or portions, so I expect no record keeping of these calorie numbers, but you do say you don't go over. But.. if you aren't measuring your foods, how do you know you aren't going over? or, secondly.. if you aren't going over this number, and you aren't going over 500 or 550 on your DDs, then that UD number is set too high. It should be set lower, and without measuring.. you are going over that unknown lower calorie ceiling, which is actually where you need to be for seeing any weight loss.

But it might just be TOM, so I think you need to give it another few days to see for sure, and then you'll have to make some decisions if nothing changes and you're aiming for weight loss rather than maintenance.

So, what are your UD calories?

And wanted to add that occasionally I've had a week where there was no loss. Go figure.

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-05-2011 at 06:07 AM..
Old 10-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
thank you, pat! i'm told, via calculators that my UD cals are 1858. i know i should be more mindful of tracking, but it just makes me feel...i don't know what, restricted, maybe? and when i feel that way, i tend to get antsy and make poor choices. it's really hard to explain. plus, i have been allowing myself little bites of formerly "forbidden" foods on my UD's...how do you track those bites? and that is literally all they are are 1-3 bites of something.

i will try and track today and get an idea of where i am on my UD.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
Down another pound this morning!!! Can y'all believe it?!?!?

UD today ... and my 'goal' is to NOT over do it!!

Have a great day ladies and gents!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:22 AM   #215

Quote:
thank you, pat! i'm told, via calculators that my UD cals are 1858. i know i should be more mindful of tracking, but it just makes me feel...i don't know what, restricted, maybe? and when i feel that way, i tend to get antsy and make poor choices. it's really hard to explain. plus, i have been allowing myself little bites of formerly "forbidden" foods on my UD's...how do you track those bites? and that is literally all they are are 1-3 bites of something.

i will try and track today and get an idea of where i am on my UD.
Well, first of all, it's always kinda' hard to zero in on just what's happening with us anyway. LOL So this little period of not much happening in weight loss may just be because of the arrival of TOM. If so, that should diminish as retained fluid is lost again, and there should be some weight loss showing up again. So that's one way to tell if that's all it is.

Then, it could just be a *plateau* pause in weight loss. They happen, and who in the world knows why. Pull-my-hair-out frustration, but I've had that happen to me in the past when I was in a weight loss mode, and thought I was eating well for weight loss, so why wasn't I seeing anything reflected on the scale? But I have to say.. those didn't happen too often, because usually a body pretty much responds to the fuel it's given in a cause & effect manner. But if it's just a little pause, weight loss should start in again shortly.

Another thing that might be causing this is water weight gain. You say that you've been enjoying little bites of *formally forbidden* foods. And that's one of the dearest delights of JUDDD for me, as I've lived a lifetime, most of it slim, enjoying some of those foods. So I understand re-introducing some of those yummy bites back into your diet at this time. And this is why I think at least part of this might be just reclaimed water weight. I know I carry water weight within me as I fuel with carbs as well as my dietary fat these days, and the carb fuel is stored with 4 parts water within the muscle fiber and liver. But water weight isn't anything I am concerned with, so I know I could make the scale read at a lower weight if I did a low carb induction and shed the water, but I couldn't care less about water weight. I only wanted to melt away my FAT.

So, what I'm saying is that you are now eating more carbs, a nibble at a time, and when you go back to that, there can actually be some weight gain again as your body gets readjusted again. If the presence of some water weight is something that you don't want, then your diet will still need to remain very low carb. But it isn't FAT gain, so no worries there.

And I'm tending to think now, after you said you're eating just a bite or two, or three, of various carby things, that some water retention from carbs might be a part of the current pause.

And then, there is that fact that you think you're eating beneath your UD calorie ceiling because you feel full on those days without having felt a big appetite, and don't think you're eating all that much on those days. And that could indeed be the case.

I think it's still maybe a matter of waiting just a few more days to see what happens. But it still wouldn't hurt to do the weighing/measuring/calorie counting thing on UDs... just to be sure of where you are holding the line.

I do completely and totally and absolutely understand about the time-consuming frustration of having to do all that in order to lose weight. I even read a post in our ML state absolutely that he would rather remain morbidly obese than have to count calories. And while that is a pretty shocking statement, it is a sentiment shared by a lot of people. It's too much trouble, and they just don't want to do it. Boy, I can sure understand that.

And if you were losing weight, doing what you are doing, I'd just say.. "It ain't broke.. why change".. if you're not counting, and you are losing, no problem. I only suggest measuring to be sure, and then tracking the calories because you seem not to be losing at this time.

But maybe you'll have a whoosh and be on your way again today or tomorrow, and that would just be the nicest thing to happen of all!

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-05-2011 at 07:25 AM..
Old 10-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyInTX View Post

Amy, you are so-o-o-o rockin' the JUDDD!

I thrilled for you! I know you obviously are doing your good DDs, but isn't it fun to be enjoying these fabulous Up Days and be losing that weight too! I don't know what your foods and meals are, but they sure seem to be agreeing with you! Way to go!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you, pat! i really appreciate your dialogue here. i did poke my food into MDP. and for breakfast and lunch i am at 1190 of my 1858. and that is if i eat what i put in there for lunch.

when you say: "But water weight isn't anything I am concerned with, so I know I could make the scale read at a lower weight if I did a low carb induction and shed the water, but I couldn't care less about water weight. I only wanted to melt away my FAT." how are you knowing if you are losing fat if the scale doesn't change and you know your are retaining water from carbs?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
..........Typically for me I'm bouncing around-- up a pound and back to 183. The wight loss road for me seems to include a step back for every several steps forward. DD today-- we'll see what the scale has for me tomorrow..........
Ann, I know how frustrating that can be. Hang in there. If you're losing weight overall, everything is set about right. And despite daily fluctuations, when I track my weight on a calendar each day, but compare the weeks as they go by, I can see the losses winning over the gains, and weight going down as the weeks go by.

The only time to become concerned is when you've been on JUDDD long enough for your body to have adjusted to it, and adjusted some water regain within your tissues if you eat more carbs again, and then once that *readjustment* phase is accomplished, weight loss should resume. So if not after awhile, you can rethink the calorie ceilings, but I don't think you're remotely at that point? I think you're doing a great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
..........No weigh-in today since yesterday was an UD. Today will be a good DD for me. Good luck today, everyone!..........
Have a great DD! Let us know how you've done when you do your next weigh-in. Good luck! You're doing a great job here.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i changed lunch...lol...so will be at 1162 of 1858 after lunch.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #220

Quote:
thank you, pat! i really appreciate your dialogue here. i did poke my food into MDP. and for breakfast and lunch i am at 1190 of my 1858. and that is if i eat what i put in there for lunch.

when you say: "But water weight isn't anything I am concerned with, so I know I could make the scale read at a lower weight if I did a low carb induction and shed the water, but I couldn't care less about water weight. I only wanted to melt away my FAT." how are you knowing if you are losing fat if the scale doesn't change and you know your are retaining water from carbs?
Regarding what we generally refer to as *water weight*, it is usually several pounds worth of fluid, naturally and normally stored within the liver and muscle fibers of our being. And the other animals too. That's how we are designed to function, how we are designed to fuel our bodies with carbohydrate, and where our bodies get that fuel to operate, etc. It's our normal and by-design state of being.

The low carb concept makes us completely deplete our stores of carbohydrate fuel, used for our daily needs, and withhold any incoming carbohydrate to replenish our muscle tissue and liver stores of this fuel source. As we use up what we have in reserve, the four parts of water that it takes to store one part of fuel is peed out. And when that process is finished, we're depleted of carb fuel, and all the water weight has been lost. It's that real fast weight loss seen on the scale in the first week of a low carb diet. And then we start the long hard job of fat loss.

But since the body is designed to function most easily on carb fuel, the second a low carber eats many carbs, the body gloms onto those carbs so fast it makes our heads spin, and adds back in the four parts water, and presto! instant weight gain. Just water, not fat, but the scale shows that it's back, normal fluid levels back in your tissues and liver again. It's not fat. But it's weight on the scale. Big difference.

For myself, I don't really care what the number on the scale says. I choose to allow my body to weigh a bit more because of the water weight I know I carry, because I choose to eat at a higher carb level and enjoy it. Those few pounds of water weight are the price I'm charged for my carb pleasure, and I choose to gladly pay it.

Now, if you are adding in more carbs and regaining some water weight, at the same time you are eating fewer calories than needed for maintenance, I think you are going to have two separate things happening within your body at the same time, each working opposite the other when it come to the weight shown on a scale. While you are losing FAT because of your overall low calories, you are gaining some water because of your choice to up carbs a bit. You are losing fat weight, and gaining water weight. And those two amounts may be canceling each other out, shown when you step on the scale.

Maybe.

And I don't think there is any way to know which is which, etc. without some fancy equipment that takes our accurate body fat percentages, etc. But if you are adding carbs back in, it shouldn't take more than about a week for all the water stores to be replenished, and then at that weight, you won't have any more fat than you ever did, you'll just weigh more on the scale.

I'd just say, measure your food and track your calories for a few days, and see if there is any change that points in the right direction. And then reassess at that time if need be.

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-05-2011 at 08:06 AM..
Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

very cool, thank you, pat. i *do* have a body fat analyzer thingy. i think i will use it in the morning to get an idea of where my BF % is at the moment.

it's odd that on the morning after my DD i *feel* bloated first thing int he morning rather than lighter as one might expect after having such fewer calories the day before...wonder why that would be...
Old 10-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #222

Quote:
it's odd that on the morning after my DD i *feel* bloated first thing int he morning rather than lighter as one might expect after having such fewer calories the day before...wonder why that would be...
ya' got me..... I finally determined that I can't go by that at all for myself. I've stepped on the scale, feeling skinny, and been disappointed to see no loss at all, and weighed myself at times when I felt fat and thick and heavy, and been pleasantly surprised to see weight loss from the previous morning.

I never know what's going on.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I am still at 137.75! Thats been the fourth day in a row....Ud's or DD's havent made abit of difference to the scale!
Its really weird!
Tom due in a week, so if I can stay at a steady weight, I will be a happy bunny....but its not very likely!

I look good at this weight...bmi 22.9...but my goal was 135...and I am determined to get there! Not to would be like climbing Everest...and stopping a couple of yards from the top...because the view was just as good where you were!

Hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 10-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Good morning JUDDD BUDDDs...

So I did a DD yesterday and was 655 calories and burned 786 in exercise, so should be equivalent to none.! LOL I was down 3 lbs this morning from yesterday. Today is an UD and while I was happy to see a 3 lb drop, worrying again about today and eating. I am going to try very hard to limit the carbs. I will have some, but try to not get excessive. Since I have seen the drop again, I want to eat low calories.. (this is my mind speaking) but going to try to stay up at 1800-2000... what do you all think about that? several calculators with my exercise say 2550 and some say 2200, I am thinking 1800-2000 but will that be a big enough gap from 650-700 on DDs? Pat, any input on what you think "sounds" best? I know its all guess work... but I dont want to fall off the wagon again!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post

So I did a DD yesterday and was 655 calories and burned 786 in exercise, so should be equivalent to none.! LOL I was down 3 lbs this morning from yesterday. Today is an UD and while I was happy to see a 3 lb drop, worrying again about today and eating. I am going to try very hard to limit the carbs. I will have some, but try to not get excessive. Since I have seen the drop again, I want to eat low calories.. (this is my mind speaking) but going to try to stay up at 1800-2000... what do you all think about that? several calculators with my exercise say 2550 and some say 2200, I am thinking 1800-2000 but will that be a big enough gap from 650-700 on DDs? Pat, any input on what you think "sounds" best? I know its all guess work... but I dont want to fall off the wagon again!
Thaat was my first thought too! Oooh..I have lost a lb...maybe I should reduce my cals to lose more! Or Dammit...I have gained..better cut lose cals to start losing again!

I felt just like that after my last little gain...just stuck to my UD/DD cals...and had a loss a couple of days later.

I think your UD/DD numbers sound perfect. 35% of 2000 is 700...so it works out perfectly.

From all I have read, it is the big gap between UD and DD that keeps our metabolisms at a higher rev.

And when you think of it...2000 + 700 is 2700 cals every two days, or 1350 a day! 1350 cals a day is a good weightloss amount for a woman who exercises as much as you! Doing that amount every day may slow your metabolism though...but spreading those cals in a low/high order does just the opposite.

Keep us posted on how it works for you!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #226
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:

First about the weight drop! WTG!!!! Second, I think your thinking is just right for your UDs and the gap. And I think you will start to see more losses with the UD/DD numbers you have here!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
I am still at 137.75! Thats been the fourth day in a row....Ud's or DD's havent made abit of difference to the scale!
Its really weird!
Tom due in a week, so if I can stay at a steady weight, I will be a happy bunny....but its not very likely!

I look good at this weight...bmi 22.9...but my goal was 135...and I am determined to get there! Not to would be like climbing Everest...and stopping a couple of yards from the top...because the view was just as good where you were!

Hugs
Jo
x
When we have so little to lose, it takes longer. Why? I have no idea but I have seen it talked about time and time again so there must be some science behind it. You attitude is wonderful so just keep going, the top is there, it just may take a few more steps to get there than expected!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyInTX View Post

WTG!! AND I do believe it!! YOU are JUDDD!!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #229

Good Morning All! UD for me after a nice DD. I really like my DDs now, a lot simpler, it seems! I think I got my calories right where they are suppose to be, for now, to maintain.

I ordered and recieved the JUDDD book today. Started to read and it's very interesting. The recipes are OK, and I think we have some better ones here, like another poster had mentioned. Still, nice to have the book to add to the other books I have on different WOE!

Hope everyone has a good UD or DD!

BTW, If you all didn't notice we now have a sticky, WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!, for newbies/interested parties for the info that Pat use to post at the beginning of the monthly threads. It is a closed thread, but as Cheri (admin) wrote to me, if anyone has questions they can post in a new thread or ask in one of our on going threads!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 10-05-2011 at 10:27 AM..
Old 10-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
Thanks ladies!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Good morning, JUDDD BUDDDs!

Haven't checked in for a few days, schedule has been crazy. Have been keeping to UD/DD way of eating, although hadn't really tracked all calories. Been really active, got another day of hiking on steep terrain in over the weekend, in addition to my usual classes.

Finally weighed myself yesterday, after two weeks of JUDDD. Same weight. Felt a bit discouraged, but also encouraged at the same time, as TOM is early next week, and I ALWAYS bloat the week before! So, i'm going to be patient and keep at it, as I do enjoy this way of eating, and cross my fingers for the weigh in in two weeks.

Congrats to all who's posted losses!!!!!

Kristine

10/15/11 weight: 141
Old 10-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Joedi and Linda, I will give those numbers a go then. Just finished a nice hard sweaty workout and a protein shake, since today is an UD and I am going to try for my 1800-2000 without too many carbs.. (i.e. dont eat the sweets darn it!!) ... and more healthy choices and hope for the best!! Linda... did you average like 2 lbs a week when you were still in the losing phase? or slower than that? faster?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Its really weird!

Hugs
Jo
x
LOL about stopping a few yards from the summit of Everest to look around.

I don't remember what weight you were when you started JUDDDing with us over here. I believe you were not losing on your standard low carb at that time, but am I remembering that right? But JUDDD got weight loss started again for you, and I suspect you'll lose a few more in the near future to reach your goal.

Do you think your current calorie numbers will be about right for your maintenance, or are you expecting to have to raise them some, as Linda did.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #234

Quote:

Yeah, it's all guesswork. Well, until we see how something works out. Then it's all, "I knew that!"....

I'd think at this time if you can eat in that 1800-2000 UD range and hold to 650 or so on your DDs, you're going to see loss.

Are you measuring food amounts? (or weighing) Are you tracking your calorie numbers?

It has been found that there are two main reasons why people can fail to receive their entire dose of JUDDD magic. Predictably enough, they both have to do with the food.. well, with the calories in the food.

The first problem area is if you don't actually weigh and measure food portions so that you can accurately track the calories, down to that last little calorie. Awfully, awfully easy to overeat, even when you think you're truly estimating on the scant side.

The other thing is failure to respect your calorie ceilings. Going much over on a DD because you were just too hungry, having that Up, Up and Away day that brought your calorie averages way up. Those sorts of things quickly wipe out enough of the calorie deficit that we don't see the results mount up as fast as we want to.

But JUDDD isn't billed as one of those really fast weight loss diets. Although I think it's pretty good, considering only half the month is low calorie, but the other half is clear up at maintenance level, so not at lowered calories at all.

I laughed about your observation that it's hard to fight the impulse to continue holding the following UD to lowered calories, just because you hate to feed all that food into your belly, and have that little inkling that it's going to show as a little higher weight on the scale in the morning. And - for me - it very often does. You're impulse is to keep the low calories going, but that isn't what prepares your metabolism to do a good job for you for the rest of your life. And holding cals down for days in a row can result in some fabulous weight loss numbers for awhile, but it's not long usually before metabolic rate has been slowed down quite a bit to compensate, and I'm at the age of my life where I don't want to have that happening to my metabolism if I can prevent it. I somehow have the gut feeling that the more times it is forced to lower, the less it might be willing to rebound as the weight loss attempts continue. I want to make sure I feed myself a goodly chunk of calories on my UDs, and then it will either maintain me or give me a bit of weight loss from the DDs, and that's very comforting knowledge.

Your three pound loss is amazing! Are you going to be interested in including more carbs in your diet? I only ask because that's probably going to bring on some water weight gain which will be some increased weight on the scale. But does that bother you to the point where you will back off from carbs, or are you going to add them to your food plan and accept a few pounds extra from the water? It's kinda' irksome.

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-05-2011 at 12:41 PM..
Old 10-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #235

Quote:
Thank you Joedi and Linda, I will give those numbers a go then. Just finished a nice hard sweaty workout and a protein shake, since today is an UD and I am going to try for my 1800-2000 without too many carbs.. (i.e. dont eat the sweets darn it!!) ... and more healthy choices and hope for the best!! Linda... did you average like 2 lbs a week when you were still in the losing phase? or slower than that? faster?

OK, I needed to think about this, never even looked at it until you just mentioned it! Thanks for this, it was good to see the trend of my weight loss!

I went back and looked at my weight chart and I came up with this: I have lost 12.4 pounds since I started JUDDD on Aug 1, 2011. If you average this out you get about 1.38 pounds a week. Now I lost 4 pounds the first 2 weeks according to my chart and then it slowed some but I still continued to lose, and I would say about 1.2 pounds afterward every week. Some weeks was a little more, some a little less but it was steady and ANY loss to me is/was a great loss! I was just to be losing again after starting to gain weight back the more I lowered my carbs and restricted what I was eating!

I guess to some this would be slow but I didn't have a lot to lose to get to goal and for me 9 weeks to lose 12.4 pounds was lightening speed compared to the 11 months it took me to lose 24 pounds on LC!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
..........we now have a sticky, WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!, for newbies/interested parties for the info that Pat use to post at the beginning of the monthly threads. It is a closed thread, but as Cheri (admin) wrote to me, if anyone has questions they can post in a new thread or ask in one of our on going threads!..........
Hi, Linda. I'm glad you got a sticky put up top with the basic plan outline in place here.

As with almost every other diet plan written, from that basic *How to Do It* outline we branch out a bit to do our own versions of it.

Like we see people who post their WOE as *Atkins-ish* or *My own version of Atkins*. If that's the case, I think some of us (me) would have to change our stats to reveal our WOE is JUDDD-ish.

Newcomers usually have some extra questions, so I expect they'll ask.

Thanks for getting our sticky taken care of.

Glad you think you have your calorie levels about where they seem to be working to hold you in maintenance. A few days more should tell the truth of it. Good luck!

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-05-2011 at 12:50 PM..
Old 10-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Are you measuring food amounts? (or weighing) Are you tracking your calorie numbers?

It has been found that there are two main reasons why people can fail to receive their entire dose of JUDDD magic. Predictably enough, they both have to do with the food.. well, with the calories in the food.

The first problem area is if you don't actually weigh and measure food portions so that you can accurately track the calories, down to that last little calorie. Awfully, awfully easy to overeat, even when you think you're truly estimating on the scant side.

The other thing is failure to respect your calorie ceilings. Going much over on a DD because you were just too hungry, having that Up, Up and Away day that brought your calorie averages way up. Those sorts of things quickly wipe out enough of the calorie deficit that we don't see the results mount up as fast as we want to.

Your three pound loss is amazing! Are you going to be interested in including more carbs in your diet? I only ask because that's probably going to bring on some water weight gain which will be some increased weight on the scale. But does that bother you to the point where you will back off from carbs, or are you going to add them to your food plan and accept a few pounds extra from the water? It's kinda' irksome.
Pat, thanks. I am meticulous about logging my food and weighing, and my exercise too. I am very observant to this, and I do count calories, UD and DD, and do try to even figure in the "bites" most times. So I am sure (as its natural to do) I over or under estimate sometimes, I am "pretty" close on most things.

Linda, thanks about the losses. Just curious how the successful people do with their losses. I know its not quick, although I would love for it to be, but consistent would be at least great for motivational reasons.

You are all the best and thanks for your input!!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLatte View Post
Good morning, JUDDD BUDDDs!

Haven't checked in for a few days, schedule has been crazy. Have been keeping to UD/DD way of eating, although hadn't really tracked all calories. Been really active, got another day of hiking on steep terrain in over the weekend, in addition to my usual classes.

Finally weighed myself yesterday, after two weeks of JUDDD. Same weight. Felt a bit discouraged, but also encouraged at the same time, as TOM is early next week, and I ALWAYS bloat the week before! So, i'm going to be patient and keep at it, as I do enjoy this way of eating, and cross my fingers for the weigh in in two weeks.

Congrats to all who's posted losses!!!!!
I suppose not seeing weight loss after two weeks could be because of the not tracking the calories. If you don't measure out the food portions, it's so easy to go over, and you don't really know where your calories are after all. You can be eating less and calling it a DD, but it might now be nearly down low enough. Etc.

But maybe you have actually been losing some fat, but building a bit of muscle at the some time from the hiking, and also muscles are knows to latch onto some water initially when they've been working hard, so you might have a bit of weight gain from that.

And if TOM is closing in this month, that usually causes water retention bloat and increased uterine weight, so that could also offset some fat loss and the scale wouldn't know the difference, only just that everything is still the same as far as weight goes, but really you have shed some fat away.

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed for your great success! Hope when TOM has passed you see a real good loss showing up on that scale!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #239

Quote:
Pat, thanks. I am meticulous about logging my food and weighing, and my exercise too. I am very observant to this, and I do count calories, UD and DD, and do try to even figure in the "bites" most times. So I am sure (as its natural to do) I over or under estimate sometimes, I am "pretty" close on most things.

Linda, thanks about the losses. Just curious how the successful people do with their losses. I know its not quick, although I would love for it to be, but consistent would be at least great for motivational reasons.

You are all the best and thanks for your input!!
Then I think you are a perfect example of how to work JUDDD. You're doing the work part. You should reap the rewards part too. Well, three pounds had to have been pretty rewarding! I know if you just keep on *keepin' on* you will live a life of well managed weight forevermore.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Then I think you are a perfect example of how to work JUDDD. You're doing the work part. You should reap the rewards part too. Well, three pounds had to have been pretty rewarding! I know if you just keep on *keepin' on* you will live a life of well managed weight forevermore.
Yeah, but it was water weight for sure with the carb overload!! LOL
Closed Thread