Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #1831
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Up a little today to 179.4 after yesterday's DD. Of course, I did have 12oz of broth and really not enough water. I'll get over it.

Congrats to all of those posting losses today!! Woo-Hoo!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #1832
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Down .6 today to 209.4 after an UD. Finally broke 210!

I know it is a victory and I should celebrate but I get discouraged because I see all these fast losers and I am losing soooo slowly. I am down 9.6 lbs after 26 days which according to diet calculators this is about right. But I can't help thinking I should be loser quicker. I guess I just remember how quick low carb worked for me where I was losing 5-6 lbs a week. I figured I could keep losing at that pace until I got closer to goal. I am still 59 pounds away from goal.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #1833
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
You celebrate Kris4 chloe! Think what a wide variety of foods you are eating now. 9.6 is wonderful in 26 days.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #1834
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ccrickett
Stats: 249(HW)199/134/145
WOE: LCtweaks/JUDDD
Start Date: '80's/90's/2000's/Nov 2010
Seeing 159.2 on the scale today after bouncing up to 160.0 on my first real UD. Second time in the 150's, guess it'll stick! Yea
Old 11-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #1835
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: island girl2
Stats: 225/196.2/150
WOE: starting juddd
Start Date: March 2010/restart sept. 2012/hcg apr 13
scale up today - 196.0 after UD. still not bad - 5.2 lbs this week so far - tomorrow will be 1 week - trying to do JUDDD low carb as possible. have been lcing for nearly 2 years and find that I don't want bread, rice or potatoes at all I have a couple of lc recipies for bread that i use and have really grown to like them. DD today and will fast until supper as we go to the legion for burger nite tonite - will have bunless burger with a bit of salad.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #1836
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
138.5!!!! I haven't seen the 130s in many, many years!!! And today, whoosh, there I am!! And an UD ahead of me life is grand!!
Life IS grand, 2MM! Good job on the loss I'm enjoying an UD too

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Well my two last UD's I ate at a chinese buffet and all that salt made me hold a lot
of water. I sort of knew it was water but seeing the scale creep up 3 lbs sort of scared me. Well this morning that 3 lbs are gone and another lb along with it. So I guess it's
time to update my current weigth again. As I have said before constintly needing to
revise my current weight realy is getting tiring :-)
Congrats on losing, EW! When I eat at a Chinese buffet, you might as well throw me down and soak me full force with a fire hose, cause I'm gonna be holding enough water to put out a kitchen fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
Day 6 of JUDDD and down 3 lbs. Made it through another DD feeling really hungry. Gonna try to eat more carbs today to make tomorrow easier. Also started using ************ to keep myself honest because I have about 19 lbs to go. Seeing all your successes is really inspiring.
Doing great, Skin, KUTGW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Well, I've completed three DD's this week and they haven't been easy. Was very pleased to get on the scale this morning and see that I not only lost the two lb I had gained yesterday after my UD, but also another on top of it!! That's 7lb since Monday when I started!!
Wow, what great losses, onceN! Be proud of yourself, and I hope you enjoyed that diner!

[quote=paulabob;15169223]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Morning all!
New low today: 4.5lbs in 3 weeks
Way to work it, Dottie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avecrain View Post
And yet another weigh-in at 208.8, 2 days later. Gah. Well, at least I am pretty sure that scale will drop down a few pounds at one time after this week. No cheating or anything! I know I'm still doing the work, so the magic has to be still happening.
I love the chart you made! Look at that progress! KUTGW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

I think I must move on to maintaining. I was looking at myself in the mirror and to be honest, my neck/chest area is starting to look a scrawny. At my age it is a very fine line before thin looks 'wrong'. A friend (whom I trust) also noticed that my backside is disappearing.

So I shall weigh tomorrow and start the process of holding my weight
You and me both are now at this point! I could lose more, but I really don't want to get "too thin" for my body type. I think I'm "just right" at this point, and now I want to get into the joys and adventures of maintenance with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post

I know it is a victory and I should celebrate but I get discouraged because I see all these fast losers and I am losing soooo slowly. I am down 9.6 lbs after 26 days which according to diet calculators this is about right. But I can't help thinking I should be loser quicker. I guess I just remember how quick low carb worked for me where I was losing 5-6 lbs a week. I figured I could keep losing at that pace until I got closer to goal. I am still 59 pounds away from goal.
Congrats on breaking 210! Enjoy your successes. Even if you keep at the pace you're going now (which is good weightloss, in my book) you will be where you want to be by summertime - just in time for the short sleeves and shorts and bathing suits!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrickett View Post
Seeing 159.2 on the scale today after bouncing up to 160.0 on my first real UD. Second time in the 150's, guess it'll stick! Yea
Yayyy for your losses, crickett! WTG!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #1837
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
You celebrate Kris4 chloe! Think what a wide variety of foods you are eating now. 9.6 is wonderful in 26 days.
Thank you for the encouragement. My head knows this but then I start second guessing myself. Maybe more will come off of my after my DD today. The funny thing is I haven't been losing more then .2 on a DD in the last week or so?
Old 11-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #1838
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Quote:

I feel ya on this.
I've lost 1 net lb in almost a month. I would have LOVED to have lost 9lbs!!!!

your doing great!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #1839
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm at 142#. I lost 8# on JUDDD, and have been on the plan for a month, but really I've lost 12# on it if you count the four I lost at first and then regained from way overdoing my UD!

Anyway, ready for the adventures of maintenance!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #1840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
The scale read 2.6 lbs. higher this morning, but I'm totally OK with that because of last night's Chinese dinner. Oooh what stuff is in that!!! Talk about MSG!! Sugar coated broccoli!!! What was I thinking?!

I'm so close to my first goal that I'm so taking this all in stride as I feel so relaxed with it all.

Got a compliment telling me I look skinny! Now, I believe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but I accepted the compliment graciously!!

Came to the thread late today as I fed another addiction I have: gardening! Our local flea market has an awesome nursery and I got some hybrids for a fantastic price.

Gracie's Journal
Old 11-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #1841

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Up a little today to 179.4 after yesterday's DD. Of course, I did have 12oz of broth and really not enough water. I'll get over it.
I love broths, but they often make me retain a small bit of fluid, so I think they must be a bit more salty than my body is used to processing. Do you think this is just a bit of water retention from the broth. I'll bet that goes fast.

Quote:

First of all, big major congratulations on breaking through that 210 barrier! Even if there is some bouncing around, you know you're strongly on your way on down!

And I don't think you are losing slowly at all! Almost ten pounds in just 3 weeks and 5 days is fabulous. Particularly when you count up the number of DDs you even had during that time to be doing the weight loss *diet* part of this plan! I think you are doing great!
I only wish I could have lost at that fast pace.

So now you know that it works, and you know you can do it, so now you can just relax about it and just do it. Easy Peasy. And as the weeks and months pass, you'll slim down.

I wonder what you'll look like when next summer rolls around again? What size you'll be wearing? It's going to be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrickett View Post
Yup, up and down, up and down. LOL That's how our calorie days go and how our scale weight often goes too. But overall, week after week, that scale reading is lower and lower and lower. You're on your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by island girl2 View Post
scale up today - 196.0 after UD. still not bad - 5.2 lbs this week so far - tomorrow will be 1 week - trying to do JUDDD low carb as possible. have been lcing for nearly 2 years and find that I don't want bread, rice or potatoes at all I have a couple of lc recipies for bread that i use and have really grown to like them. DD today and will fast until supper as we go to the legion for burger nite tonite - will have bunless burger with a bit of salad.
I'm so happy to read this about your great weight loss so quickly! And isn't it nice that we get to eat anything we want to eat, and we don't have to eat anything we don't want to include in our diet! Hard to beat that when we get weight loss as well! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
The scale read 2.6 lbs. higher this morning, but I'm totally OK with that because of last night's Chinese dinner. Oooh what stuff is in that!!! Talk about MSG!! Sugar coated broccoli!!! What was I thinking?!

I'm so close to my first goal that I'm so taking this all in stride as I feel so relaxed with it all.

Got a compliment telling me I look skinny! Now, I believe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but I accepted the compliment graciously!!

Came to the thread late today as I fed another addiction I have: gardening! Our local flea market has an awesome nursery and I got some hybrids for a fantastic price.
Sounds like you are well on your way to simply making this a relaxed way of life, way of eating, and that EATING doesn't have to be the focus of your life! Although, I'll take your MSG and sugar-coated broccoli, thank you. I love those sweet spicy-tangy Chinese dishes!!! LOL

I'll bet you deserved your compliment about being skinny though. You look great in your avatar photo.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #1842

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post

You and me both are now at this point! I could lose more, but I really don't want to get "too thin" for my body type. I think I'm "just right" at this point, and now I want to get into the joys and adventures of maintenance with you
Exciting times ahead!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #1843
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Fantasic results!!!
Where are you headed? I'm upstate/western NY...and I love a good burger!
I live in Rochester, but we went to Grover's Bar and Grill in East Amherst.....giant burgers and it was yummy! I even tried their cheeseburger soup which they're also noted for. You can look them up on Youtube. Managed to stay under my 2300 calories for my UD but was pushing the limit!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #1844
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post

Sounds like you are well on your way to simply making this a relaxed way of life, way of eating, and that EATING doesn't have to be the focus of your life! Although, I'll take your MSG and sugar-coated broccoli, thank you. I love those sweet spicy-tangy Chinese dishes!!! LOL

I'll bet you deserved your compliment about being skinny though. You look great in your avatar photo.
Ah, thanks Pat!

Got a chuckle out of that! ^^^^^^
Old 11-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #1845
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I think that's a great loss....more than 2lb/week! I hope I can average that much after this first week of initial water weight loss...I'll be a happy camper. You'll be at goal by next May and I'll be there by November!! We can do it!!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #1846
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Pat, I love how you are so supportive of everyone and do what you can to help them
DITTTOOOO!! I was seriously going to reply this--but you did it for me! I seriously get a lump in my throat reading all the suggestions you provide, Pat, because I can see that you put in so much time and thought into trying to help other people. I can only hope to someday be as compassionate a person as you are!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #1847

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
DITTTOOOO!! I was seriously going to reply this--but you did it for me! I seriously get a lump in my throat reading all the suggestions you provide, Pat, because I can see that you put in so much time and thought into trying to help other people. I can only hope to someday be as compassionate a person as you are!
Oh, my... Well, thank you both.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #1848
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
I live in Rochester, but we went to Grover's Bar and Grill in East Amherst.....giant burgers and it was yummy! I even tried their cheeseburger soup which they're also noted for. You can look them up on Youtube. Managed to stay under my 2300 calories for my UD but was pushing the limit!!!
<-------Canandaigua, here. Quite a little drive you had...I bet those burgers were good though!! Actually, my DS has to play two hockey games in buffalo next weekend...one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Maybe we'll look this place up for dinner before heading home. Thanks!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #1849
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Andrea....small world. We're almost neighbors! I live in Greece up by Lake Ontario. Yes, Grover's is on Transit Rd (Rte78) north of the Thruway. Great burgers but I couldn't eat it all and brought home half to enjoy during the Bill's game tomorrow on my MD!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #1850

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Well, I am back from the cruise. We had a wonderful time. I am UP ALOT. I will face the scale tomorrow morning, but, it is not going to be pretty. I think I am up about 5-8 pounds. I really tried hard to resist the food and alcohol, but, failed miserably. I only made it to the gym ONCE. I told dh that I think we may need to re-evaluate cruising being our vacation of choice. I believe he thinks I am kidding, but, I don't think I am. Next up is my surgery on Thursday so I do not believe I will be going back to the UD/DD schedule until after surgery. I am not going to go crazy or anything(have already done that, lol), but, focus on healthy choices.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #1851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Well, I am back from the cruise. We had a wonderful time. I am UP ALOT. I will face the scale tomorrow morning, but, it is not going to be pretty. I think I am up about 5-8 pounds. I really tried hard to resist the food and alcohol, but, failed miserably. I only made it to the gym ONCE. I told dh that I think we may need to re-evaluate cruising being our vacation of choice. I believe he thinks I am kidding, but, I don't think I am. Next up is my surgery on Thursday so I do not believe I will be going back to the UD/DD schedule until after surgery. I am not going to go crazy or anything(have already done that, lol), but, focus on healthy choices.
Well, first of all, it sounds like you had a wonderful time, so that's always a good thing. And, oh well.. you know how quickly you can get those few pounds back off when the time comes. Right now, I just want to tell you how glad I am that you are home again, and how excited I am about your upcoming surgery!

Have a great evening. Glad to hear from you!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #1852
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Hi Marie! Welcome back! Besides the pounds up, did you have a wonderful, relaxing, fun time? Cause that's the main thing about a vacation! Those pounds will come off sooner or later. Take care and for a successful surgery and fast recovery!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #1853

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Well, first of all, it sounds like you had a wonderful time, so that's always a good thing. And, oh well.. you know how quickly you can get those few pounds back off when the time comes. Right now, I just want to tell you how glad I am that you are home again, and how excited I am about your upcoming surgery!

Have a great evening. Glad to hear from you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hi Marie! Welcome back! Besides the pounds up, did you have a wonderful, relaxing, fun time? Cause that's the main thing about a vacation! Those pounds will come off sooner or later. Take care and for a successful surgery and fast recovery!
Thanks, gals. We had a fantastic time and more! I am going to try hard not to dwell on the weight gain.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #1854
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Glad you are back and excited for your surgery. I know it will be a success!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #1855
Senior LCF Member

eh 5 pounds is nothing. focus on eating healthy and getting ready for your surgery and you will be back at it. with JUDDD you know you can get the weight off, so it is no worries.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #1856
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
i went hog wild today at the movies...ordered the ribs and sweet potato fries with ranch dressing and a choc chip cookie for dessert. i took a very long nap this afternoon and saw the scale was way down from this morning. wth? now i don't want to mess it up and eat anything for dinner. but i'm kinda hungry.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #1857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
welcome back, marie.

so jealous of your surgery. i hope it all goes very smoothly for you. any chance of some before/after pics?
Old 11-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #1858

Carrie,

I plan to take before and after pictures and either post what I can or email them privately to those that would like them. Thanks for your support.

Chantyl,

I would say if you have the calories left go ahead and eat .
Old 11-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #1859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Mind your calories JUDDDers

Old 11-13-2011, 03:04 AM   #1860
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Mind your calories JUDDDers

It does seem true sometimes, doesn't it??
Closed Thread