Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 05:16 AM   #1801
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Day 6 of JUDDD and down 3 lbs. Made it through another DD feeling really hungry. Gonna try to eat more carbs today to make tomorrow easier. Also started using ************ to keep myself honest because I have about 19 lbs to go. Seeing all your successes is really inspiring.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2011, 05:17 AM   #1802
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Weekend Ahead....DANGER!

Well, I've completed three DD's this week and they haven't been easy. Was very pleased to get on the scale this morning and see that I not only lost the two lb I had gained yesterday after my UD, but also another on top of it!! That's 7lb since Monday when I started!!

OK...I've gotten this far with the program before (although before I never really was counting my UD calories) and then blown it on the weekend. I am determined to enjoy my UD today....trying a place seen on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives that is famous for their HUGE burgers....but will diligently count my calories and stay within my limit. Tomorrow I'm planning a MD...have never been successful on that before either.

So lots of challenges this weekend, but I am so motivated to stay with this after seeing all the great results on this thread and all the great support from all of you....it's infectious!!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
Old 11-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #1803
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
UD yesterday. No weighing in this morning.

I'm so happy to read about everyone's success here. But admittedly it has me a bit bummed.
I feel your frustration! Have you taken your measurements to see if there's any change?

It's taken me 9 weeks to lose 3 pounds, so I'm not exactly racing to the finish.

Down .2 today, so overall from one week ago, I am up .8 pounds. Inches gained, one (mostly due to the girls getting bigger as they do at this time). Waist, 1/4 inch bigger, hips, 1/4 inch smaller. Average calories per day: 1308. Little higher than I wanted but I had a lot of activity this week. It was the same average as last week, when I lost 2.6. I will try to be patient, I am sure next Saturday will be a happier weigh in.

Congrats to all the losers this morning!
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110

Last edited by paulabob; 11-12-2011 at 05:38 AM..
Old 11-12-2011, 05:41 AM   #1804
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:

I'm so happy to read about everyone's success here. But admittedly it has me a bit bummed.

The only thing I can think of is that I'm taking in too many carbs on my UDs and my DDs are not low enough?

I'm willing to test that theory!!!

Otherwise,I'll probably be taking a break after this month long experiment.
I want it so bad to work!! It's working great for maintenance, lol.
But that's not my goal.
I completely lose track of other's calorie numbers, so forgive me here. I do have a couple of questions...

Are you holding your Down Days to 500 calories or fewer?
Are you holding your Up Days to about 1900 or even 1800?
Are you actually physically weighing out and measuring out your food portions on all days to know absolutely how much you are eating?
Are you truly tracking your daily calories to make sure you don't eat over your calorie numbers?
When you have eaten up to your calorie ceiling for any day, are you done for the day?
Do you plan out your meals and menus ahead of time, to sort of see overall how your food choices balance out over the course of the day?

I'm so-o-o-o-o wanting this to work for you, as it does for almost everyone, and I know you don't think your thyroid is *optimized* right now, but truly... I can't figure out why, IF you are doing all of the above list, you aren't losing weight, even if it would be a bit more slowly that some others do.

I know that some lose faster and some lose more slowly, and that's just the way it is, but even though we thyroid patients may lose more slowly, we can lose! The problem is, it sometimes takes a calorie level we're kind of unhappy with to start with.

The problem can also lie in those calorie calculators, which can really be spot on for most folks, or at least for some folks, but maybe we're not the average, and our metabolism is so slow that the calorie figure given to us is still much too high to give us any weight loss! Really crappy thought, but it can sure be the problem. In which case, you can be eating at a too-high calorie number for your current weight loss calorie level, and never lose an ounce.

I am still 100% sure that JUDDD can work for you, and make the fat melt off of you too, just as it is for so many others. Let's try to figure this out.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #1805
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Morning all!
New low today: 4.5lbs in 3 weeks
Old 11-12-2011, 06:04 AM   #1806
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by avecrain View Post
first time the scale's gone up at a weigh-in since i started weighing every other, blah. 208.8 this morning up .2 from 208.6 on tuesday morning, after a DD and an UD with a combined calorie deficit of -2688.

i was looking forward to the kind of losses i've been seeing, but i did just got my period yesterday, a little late, and i'm sure that's affecting it! kinda cool because i've never gotten/noticed period symptoms before but now that i'm counting calories/monitoring weight for the first time, i can tell that i'm a little hungrier and a little heavier that special week!
And yet another weigh-in at 208.8, 2 days later. Gah. Well, at least I am pretty sure that scale will drop down a few pounds at one time after this week. No cheating or anything! I know I'm still doing the work, so the magic has to be still happening.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:05 AM   #1807
Administrator

Avery it took me almost 10 days to get the 5lbs I gained from a bad choice up day off, but it finally did Hang in there!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #1808
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Well, I've completed three DD's this week and they haven't been easy. Was very pleased to get on the scale this morning and see that I not only lost the two lb I had gained yesterday after my UD, but also another on top of it!! That's 7lb since Monday when I started!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
Day 6 of JUDDD and down 3 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
time to update my current weigth again. As I have said before constintly needing to
revise my current weight realy is getting tiring :-)

Quote:

The only thing I can think of is that I'm taking in too many carbs on my UDs and my DDs are not low enough?
Betty for me there are just food combinations I will need to avoid, I think. It may be the same for you. The sucky side is that you can only find out what it is by eating it and paying the (scale) price
I'm keeping my UD's to around 70-90g carbs and I'm watching where they come from. And I've noticed that the UD's where I'm 300 or more calories below my UD suggested calories, I don't lose the next DD.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:15 AM   #1809

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
138.5!!!! I haven't seen the 130s in many, many years!!! And today, whoosh, there I am!! And an UD ahead of me life is grand!!
What a great morning! Wonderful news about your nice new low weight! You're doing so well!

And your little grandddaughter is adorable, and I think she looks like her grandma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Well my two last UD's I ate at a chinese buffet and all that salt made me hold a lot
of water. I sort of knew it was water but seeing the scale creep up 3 lbs sort of scared me. Well this morning that 3 lbs are gone and another lb along with it. So I guess it's
time to update my current weigth again. As I have said before constintly needing to
revise my current weight realy is getting tiring :-)
Glad to hear you've lost the water retention weight and another pound too! That's always fun to see showing up on the scale! I'm happy for you!

Quote:
Oh....we started almost the same time! I started Monday with a DD and have had three this week too....although I have had a horrible time getting through mine. You are doing GREAT!!
I think you'll find the DDs easier and easier to do. Partly our brain just gets used to regulating our hunger and appetite to a different schedule, so doesn't tell us we're very hungry on a DD, and partly... we come up with the foods and meals that keep us feeling the most satisfied.

It helped me to pay attention to what others ate on their DDs, and especially ask them about the measurements and calories in their choices. And the recipe thread is a good one too!!! Lots of good stuff there.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:17 AM   #1810

Quote:
Day 6 of JUDDD and down 3 lbs. Made it through another DD feeling really hungry. Gonna try to eat more carbs today to make tomorrow easier. Also started using ************ to keep myself honest because I have about 19 lbs to go. Seeing all your successes is really inspiring.
Wow! Great job. And seeing YOUR success is really inspiring too! KUTGW!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #1811

Quote:

OK...I've gotten this far with the program before (although before I never really was counting my UD calories) and then blown it on the weekend. I am determined to enjoy my UD today....trying a place seen on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives that is famous for their HUGE burgers....but will diligently count my calories and stay within my limit. Tomorrow I'm planning a MD...have never been successful on that before either.

So lots of challenges this weekend, but I am so motivated to stay with this after seeing all the great results on this thread and all the great support from all of you....it's infectious!!
You do have lots of challenges this weekend, don't you! But, OMG! Losing 7 pounds since lase Monday when you started is tremendous, so it's worth a little work to not jeopardize that! Continued good luck. You're really rockin' the JUDDD!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #1812
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011

Realized you can see my womanly times on my weight chart. The first is all the way on the left of the picture, and then the whoosh after it. The current is on the right, (hopefully with a whoosh after it!) Enjoying observing this pattern about my body!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #1813

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I feel your frustration! Have you taken your measurements to see if there's any change?

It's taken me 9 weeks to lose 3 pounds, so I'm not exactly racing to the finish.

Down .2 today, so overall from one week ago, I am up .8 pounds. Inches gained, one (mostly due to the girls getting bigger as they do at this time). Waist, 1/4 inch bigger, hips, 1/4 inch smaller. Average calories per day: 1308. Little higher than I wanted but I had a lot of activity this week. It was the same average as last week, when I lost 2.6. I will try to be patient, I am sure next Saturday will be a happier weigh in.
There's nothing like weighing daily and weekly to show us how non-linear weight loss is! Two weeks ending with similar calorie totals.. one with a nice loss and the other not. Are you pretty much keeping to 500 calorie DDs? Which I guess would mean 2100 UDs to reach your 1308 calorie average?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Morning all!
Dottie, I'm so glad you started doing JUDDD! I love reading about your weight loss now! And the foods you are beginning to work into your diet... well, I think your body is a little happier now too. Congratulations on more weight loss!

Quote:
And yet another weigh-in at 208.8, 2 days later. Gah. Well, at least I am pretty sure that scale will drop down a few pounds at one time after this week. No cheating or anything! I know I'm still doing the work, so the magic has to be still happening.
I'm sure the magic is still happening within you, and you will certainly continue to see weight loss... just a little pause for a moment in time before the next nice lower number you see on the dial of your scale.

You've done a wonderful job, and you still doing it, so you know the weight loss will continue very soon. I should almost tell you *Congratulations* right now on the weight loss that is coming, because I know it's on the way!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:37 AM   #1814
Administrator

Thanks Pat
Old 11-12-2011, 06:51 AM   #1815
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
THanks Pat.

I'm doing all the things accept keeping to 500 or lower (consitently)
But that stops today. If that doesn't work???

Also not going crazy with carbs as I think my body really does better with carbs to a certain level(50-100) Like Dottie mentioned.

I got up to 220 yesterday..nom nom nom. lol

Paula- wow..but you are also way more tiny, lol. I took measurements last Monday,,had been putting it off.

Ave- I feel your pain!! Hang in there for that whoosh..AF is such a pain.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:53 AM   #1816
Senior LCF Member

I meant to add I'm not going crazy on my DDs or anything lol. I started at 7-800 cals and have dropped into the 600s..and only this week managed to lower even more.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #1817

Quote:
I meant to add I'm not going crazy on my DDs or anything lol. I started at 7-800 cals and have dropped into the 600s..and only this week managed to lower even more.
Would it be possible for you to hold DD calories to no more than 500, to decrease your UD calories by 100 and not exceed that new number, and then to also hold your carbs to no higher than 100 grams tops... and see how that combination for one week would do?

If you have been adding back in quite a bit of carbs over these last two or three weeks, I'm thinking you are almost undoubtedly heavier on the scale from regained water weight in your tissues and liver. So I know you can be losing fat and regaining water at the same time, and the scale can't tell the difference.

Just a thought. You know I want so much for you to find success with this!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #1818
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
.5lbs a day! Yay!!!

Quote:
How impressive is that! Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Morning all!
WTG Dottie

Quote:
You will get it figured out.

Everyone is a winner as you have at least made the first steps to try and change things.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #1819

Quote:
Realized you can see my womanly times on my weight chart. The first is all the way on the left of the picture, and then the whoosh after it. The current is on the right, (hopefully with a whoosh after it!) Enjoying observing this pattern about my body!
The mysterious workings of the female body are truly a thing of beauty, even if these strange workings cause us a lot of consternation sometimes. And the mysterious workings of the female mind is also beautiful, even though it causes some consternation for my DH sometimes!

Old 11-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #1820
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Would it be possible for you to hold DD calories to no more than 500, to decrease your UD calories by 100 and not exceed that new number, and then to also hold your carbs to no higher than 100 grams tops... and see how that combination for one week would do?

If you have been adding back in quite a bit of carbs over these last two or three weeks, I'm thinking you are almost undoubtedly heavier on the scale from regained water weight in your tissues and liver. So I know you can be losing fat and regaining water at the same time, and the scale can't tell the difference.

Pat, I love how you are so supportive of everyone and do what you can to help them

I'm happy this morning. After an up day, I am still at my new low of 113.0 I hit yesterday! I kept my calories at 1800 and had some sinful things - a piece of cake, a little brownie, and some potato salad with my regular salad. Apparently I got away with it this time
Old 11-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #1821

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow, pages of posts. Please forgive me if I don't do any individual posting. I was away from yesterday morning until just an hour ago visiting my DD1 (who has Down's) 5 hours away. Had a great time.

Would you believe I actually forgot to weigh before I left! Unheard of. I had a MD yesterday and today is going to be an UD although I haven't eaten yet. Planning a lovely dinner out with DH.

I think I must move on to maintaining. I was looking at myself in the mirror and to be honest, my neck/chest area is starting to look a scrawny. At my age it is a very fine line before thin looks 'wrong'. A friend (whom I trust) also noticed that my backside is disappearing.

So I shall weigh tomorrow and start the process of holding my weight. I'll be needing lots of advice I am sure.

Well done to all the losers, and hang in there, those who are having some issues.

May I just say once again, this is such a wonderful group of supportive folks. Thank you.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #1822
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
There's nothing like weighing daily and weekly to show us how non-linear weight loss is! Two weeks ending with similar calorie totals.. one with a nice loss and the other not. Are you pretty much keeping to 500 calorie DDs? Which I guess would mean 2100 UDs to reach your 1308 calorie average?
This week I did not keep it that low - I had some crazy busy DDs, very active, so I kept it closer to 700. My weekend has two UDs in it, which I'm sure slow things, but it's kind of a lifestyle choice I'm sticking with unless I get too impatient. I know I'd take a weekend DD out on my poor family, so I'm saving them from myself. I don't seem to handle MDs well so have given up on them for now. My UDs ranged from 1490 to 1980 this week. Hunger was pretty under control. This week was my first JUDDD week without the homeopathic hcg - and I think it went fine.

This week I should have no problem with my DD. I normally aim for a 600/1600 range, but might try for a 550 this week. Also intending a new carby item for Tuesday - mashed sweet potato! I suspect I'll get a good whoosh by next Saturday...obviously hormones play their role in me.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #1823
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Thank YOU!!
I want this to work toooo!!
I will do JUST THAT!

I thought my face was looking slimmer..along with my collar bone, LOL!!

I will also redo measurements in another week!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #1824
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Pat, I love how you are so supportive of everyone and do what you can to help them
Old 11-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #1825

Quote:
Thank YOU!!
I want this to work toooo!!
I will do JUST THAT!

I thought my face was looking slimmer..along with my collar bone, LOL!!

I will also redo measurements in another week!
We were just talking a bit about metabolism and calorie intake on another thread here, and this might factor in for you a little bit here too:

"..........That's why we also have to take the numbers these calorie calculators give us for our UD calorie numbers with a big grain of salt. We use that number as our baseline for all of our JUDDDing, and if it's actually too high for us, because we have a much slower metabolism that the calculator couldn't factor in, we will be basing our JUDDD diet on a calorie figure that is too high for us. And that will probably mean either really, really slow weight loss, or even no weight loss.

That's why we tell folks they just have to start in somewhere, and then adjust their UD calorie number downward a bit if they aren't losing. Eventually they will find the place where their rate of metabolic burn is more than their caloric intake, and here comes weight loss.........."

It's entirely possible that you are just starting out at an UD calorie number that is too high for you right now. That shouldn't be too high. But is, because your metabolism is running slower than it should be at this time.

So for much weight loss to occur, you might need to bring your UD number down some. And then as weight loss gets going, another goal will be to get your metabolism revved up a little!

But get that DD calorie number down if you at all can... it's really a factor in helping this plan work, and in triggering the benefits of an alternating fasting plan, so if you aren't low enough on DDs, your calories may not have quite as much *spread* between the highs and lows, and that can serve to not goad your metabolism a little bit.

We'll keep working on it. I'm encouraged that you think you're seeing a slimming in your face! Maybe with just a little lowering of the calorie ceilings you are using, you will start melting away like so many seem to be doing here!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #1826

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
This week I did not keep it that low - I had some crazy busy DDs, very active, so I kept it closer to 700. My weekend has two UDs in it, which I'm sure slow things, but it's kind of a lifestyle choice I'm sticking with unless I get too impatient. I know I'd take a weekend DD out on my poor family, so I'm saving them from myself. I don't seem to handle MDs well so have given up on them for now. My UDs ranged from 1490 to 1980 this week. Hunger was pretty under control. This week was my first JUDDD week without the homeopathic hcg - and I think it went fine.

This week I should have no problem with my DD. I normally aim for a 600/1600 range, but might try for a 550 this week. Also intending a new carby item for Tuesday - mashed sweet potato! I suspect I'll get a good whoosh by next Saturday...obviously hormones play their role in me.
I know you are truly quite comfortable with taking it as slowly as it's going to be, but with enjoying the journey as your weight loss comes about. I mean, faster is great. But slow is sometimes just fine too, and often a whole lot more relaxing along the way.

Enjoy the mashed sweet potato! I have a big orange potato on the counter and will fix that sometime this week too. Yum!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #1827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Wow, pages of posts. Please forgive me if I don't do any individual posting. I was away from yesterday morning until just an hour ago visiting my DD1 (who has Down's) 5 hours away. Had a great time.

Would you believe I actually forgot to weigh before I left! Unheard of. I had a MD yesterday and today is going to be an UD although I haven't eaten yet. Planning a lovely dinner out with DH.

I think I must move on to maintaining. I was looking at myself in the mirror and to be honest, my neck/chest area is starting to look a scrawny. At my age it is a very fine line before thin looks 'wrong'. A friend (whom I trust) also noticed that my backside is disappearing.

So I shall weigh tomorrow and start the process of holding my weight. I'll be needing lots of advice I am sure.

Well done to all the losers, and hang in there, those who are having some issues.

May I just say once again, this is such a wonderful group of supportive folks. Thank you.
Kissa, you lovely slim little Lady, I'm so tickled for you! I know you will do well in your maintenance, and am so happy for you.

Glad you had a great time with your daughter! But five hours away. Closer makes it easier for sure! My daughters are about 13 hours away, but since that's too far to drive quickly, I always end up flying, and then that eats up my meager finances! Glad you got in a nice visit.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #1828

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Kissa, you lovely slim little Lady, I'm so tickled for you! I know you will do well in your maintenance, and am so happy for you.

Glad you had a great time with your daughter! But five hours away. Closer makes it easier for sure! My daughters are about 13 hours away, but since that's too far to drive quickly, I always end up flying, and then that eats up my meager finances! Glad you got in a nice visit.
Thank you Pat.

I am lucky enough to have 2 homes, so DD1 is only 1.5 hours away when I am in London. I wouldn't generally travel up from Devon just for one night but she was in a 'show' and so exited about it. And I wouldn't have missed it for the world. They were all just amazing.

I understand about the flying. My other daughter will be back living in Australia by the end of January. She has been in Oman for the past couple of years. However, she and her DH will be with us for the next 2 months in the UK. They arrive on the 21st and I just can't wait.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #1829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Thank you Pat.

I am lucky enough to have 2 homes, so DD1 is only 1.5 hours away when I am in London. I wouldn't generally travel up from Devon just for one night but she was in a 'show' and so exited about it. And I wouldn't have missed it for the world. They were all just amazing.

I understand about the flying. My other daughter will be back living in Australia by the end of January. She has been in Oman for the past couple of years. However, she and her DH will be with us for the next 2 months in the UK. They arrive on the 21st and I just can't wait.
I can just imagine the joyful time you all will have during this visit! I'm happy for you all to be able to see each other for this nice long visit!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #1830
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:

Fantasic results!!!
Where are you headed? I'm upstate/western NY...and I love a good burger!
Closed Thread