Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #1771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
WhooHoo!!! Kelly!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #1772
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
WhooHoo!!! Kelly!!!
DITTO!!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #1773
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
Seeing you all doing so beautifully makes my heart sing!!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #1774
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
There's Joedi!!!
I felt like I hadn't seen you around here for days!!!

I have been "stuck" between 277.something and 279.something for about a week.
Still a great weight loss for the month, but feeling a bit frustrated.
Today is an UD, but I think I am going to eat an extra 500-1000 calories,
because I've been reading about "refeeding days" and
I think it might help me get my appetite back and nourish myself after 9+ days of being sick (fever/headache/coughing).
I feel like I have skipped too many meals and slowed down my metabolism/digestion/energy.
I'm not going to have junk--just some extra protein (hamburger) and veggies.
Started the morning with coffee & cream, a big sausage patty, and a pile of baked kabocha squash with yummy butter!!!
Hi PJ!
My 16 year old DS has been really poorly this week..flu, chest infection, mouth & throat full of ulcers, vomiting, night sweats
I have been bust looking after him...and getting up every night to change sheets, give medicine, etc..I am shattered! He is on antibiotics, and just starting to improve.

Sounds like you have been pretty unwell yourself A really good UD is just what you need, lots of tasty, nourishing foods, then a good DD tomorrow, to get your body back into weightloss mode!

Dont worry about being "stuck". I have noticed over my 2 months of doing juddd I stick for a few days...then go down a little, bounce a bit, stick, go down a little. Once I stuck for 8 days! And you have been poorly too...it will take a day or two to get back into the Juuddd swing!

big hugs
Jo
xx

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 11-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #1775
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Seeing you all doing so beautifully makes my heart sing!!
Ditto!! Lots of

Congrats Kelly on hitting a new low!

Sorry Jo about your son..it's awful seeing out babies sick, hope he gets better.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #1776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Oh my gosh, so sorry to hear about your son, Joedi!

That sounds terrible!!! About 30 times worse than what I have been dealing with!!!

I hope he feels better soon and you get some rest.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #1777

for you son Jo, and hoping he feels better and better everyday now!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #1778
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: island girl2
Stats: 225/196.2/150
WOE: starting juddd
Start Date: March 2010/restart sept. 2012/hcg apr 13
starting day 6 today. Started on Sunday with DD so have had 3 DD and 2 UP and am down a total of 6.2 lbs. Couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scales this morning. I find that I am just not hungry so DD's are remarkably easy so far.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #1779
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Well I hit a new low this morning - 113 on the dot! That's 1.8 pounds less than yesterday! I've been on JUDD for 16 days and started at 118.6.
Congrats on the new low, Julie! Wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
After yesterday's UD, I'm down another pound.
Great news, Andrea! KUTGW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post

But...I am comfortably wearing brand new size 16 levi's and I measured and I have lost .5 inch in my waist, .5 inch in my hips and 2 inches in my chest since 11/2 so my body is shifting a bit. I am now also wearing a size large shirt and it is not to tight so that is good.

I am going to work on having a clean, healthy UD today and see if I can undo the chinese food.
Congrats K4C on the new size Levis and lost inches!! And yes, Chinese buffet BLASTS the water weight onto me! Thank goodness it will come off again if you're #s are good

Quote:
I'm down a full lb. this morning

Must be those inches coming off, because I re-measured and am down 3 inches in the waist. Didn't do the other areas, because, well, I just didn't!
Sazzie, great news on a full # down today!! And congrats on the inches gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel7298 View Post
down 2lbs more today!
Way to go, Kel!!! I knew you were due for this!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #1780
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
WOWZERS islandgirl2!

You must be doin' EVERYTHING right!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #1781
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post

Thats fab Sophie! what are your UD/DD numbers? From what I remember, they were very similar to mine! I am still losing a little....and experimenting with making every other UD a Free Day...to see if this will help me maintain.
Thanks, Jo! Well, I'm allowing up to 600 on DD but trying to stay below that if I can. I allow up to 1800 on UD, but lately trying to keep it between 1700-1800 in order to lose a couple more pounds. If my 2 day average is around 1200 I maintain or lose slow, but if it's below 1200 I lose faster, so that's how I'm going about it for now

I look forward to getting to 142 and then doing what you're doing - having a FREE UD now and again
Old 11-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #1782

Quote:
Originally Posted by island girl2 View Post
starting day 6 today. Started on Sunday with DD so have had 3 DD and 2 UP and am down a total of 6.2 lbs. Couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scales this morning. I find that I am just not hungry so DD's are remarkably easy so far.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #1783
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
What she said! Woot! Woot!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #1784
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: island girl2
Stats: 225/196.2/150
WOE: starting juddd
Start Date: March 2010/restart sept. 2012/hcg apr 13
Thankyou for all the cheers. I know it will likely go up tomorrow as today is UD but it is a nice start.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #1785
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
WTG, Islandgirl!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #1786
Blabbermouth!!!

Jo, hope your DS is feeling good soon! And you take care of yourself too
Old 11-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #1787
Major LCF Poster!

thanks everyone!
Poor lad...its been a week..he is just starting to feel a wee bit hungry..but his mouth is full of ulcers...even a milkshake burns! I hope both of us get a full nights sleep soon.

I am down 0.5lb...been bouncing up and down the last week...probably due to tom...today at 132.5 was a bounce further down...a new low!
Hope it sticks!

I am following a new schedule kindly suggested by sohappy...every second UD is a free day...I dont count anything on these days...(not an excuse to overeat...just to relax, cos I was getting so hung up on counting calories, I wasnt relaxing and enjoying my UD's).

so, this week has been:

Monday - DD
Tuesday - FD
Wednesday -DD
Thursday - UD
Friday - DD
Saturday - FD
Sunday - DD

On my first FD I had fun...trying a little bit of everything I had missed...a bit like most people starting juddd..except I have been too overcautious on my UD's...frightened of going over my cals!
I didnt overeat (i think!)...just didnt eat a very balanced diet!

My goal is too keep to this rotation....eating in a relaxed, balanced way, and maintaining my weight...until eventually I only count on DD's.

To me, this will be when I am truly dieting "every other day"....with a long ED history, I can keep cals down on DD's well...but find it hard to relax on UD's!

I hope that restricting/eating what I want for only a 24 hour period at a time will stop me either starving or binging....neither behaviour will have time to get hold!

A side effect of this rotation is that I have been eating more carbs..up to 100 ...which seems to bemaking my DD's easier!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 11-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #1788

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
OMG, you Guys! If I don't get in here every day, there are PAGES of progress posts from everyone! So I just am going to start with the posts as of this morning, but I want to give a great big CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who are reporting wonderful weight losses here! That is always exciting, and motivating, and it makes me especially happy to read about the weight losses and INCHES being lost, while I'm also reading about your fabulous and amazing UD meals! What a way to *diet*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I'm thrilled to only be up 1lb after an up day that had a lot of sugar! I expected 4-5lbs.
Sugar, Dottie? SUGAR! ? Well, I'm always glad I didn't learn to drink coffee with sugar in it, so that saves me some. But I do almost always have to have brown sugar in my oatmeal, and real sugar sprinkled over the top of my bowl of corn flakes and milk. Luckily I don't eat that for breakfast often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I'm a bit disappointed to be up a pound. I exceeded my UD calories by about 200. That seems to be all it takes. No loss after my DD Wednesday, and a pound up today. Hopefully there is inch loss going on when the scale is driving me nuts! I do my weekly measure tomorrow morning. I should be ovulating soon, so hope I don't get any crazy hungries this month.
Paula, sounds like you're probably in a water weight retention period with ovulation around the corner. A woman's body is just in a constant state of flux with it all. So because of all of those causes behind weight fluctuations as well as just the ups and downs of diet, it's a wonder that any scale in the world is able to last longer than a few weeks in any woman's house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Boy there must be a up a pound virus going around. I am up 2 lbs lately. I sure hope it's
because I have eaten at a chinese buffet my last 2 UD's and that means a lot of salt. Or
it may be because I have changed a medication I am on lately. Being a guy I sure can't
blame it on TOM now can I ?
Yeah... maybe not TOM. Or ovulation... hmmmmm... But, yeah, it sure could be a change of medication.

And, I just want to tell you that if I'm ever down there in your area, I'm going to call you up and we're going out to supper together! I love Chinese buffet too! But I can sure see being up in water weight after eating at them. But, so-o-o-o worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
It's ok Paula, I'm UP a pound AFTER my DD

I may still be reeling from some carby junk I had on Wed. Straight floury biscuits and had some rice. My body doesn't do well with that stuff. But still it wasn't tons and tons.

And I all I ate was veggies yesterday accept for 1/2 cup of greek yogurt.

Something has got to give eventually. Like I've mentioned before I will do JUDDD until next Wed. 4 weeks. That's the day of Thyroid appointment as well.

I have a feeling that nothing is really going to work until I get properly treated. But I can use JUDDD as a way to back my case. 'You see DOC, I can't even lose weight eating less than X amount of calories every other day. HELP!'
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to get on a bit better round of thyroid meds. Everyone in my family has thyroid disease. Hypo... The docs say, getting optimized on your meds won't make you lose weight, but it should open the door that was previously almost closed against weight loss. So where you were almost prevented from attaining weight loss on normal diet level calories, the meds will finally allow the weight to come off with diet. And that's all we ask. Just the ability to lose it. Period. We're usually willing to do the work, if it can just make a difference. I'm sure keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
Ok, EW: It may not be for TOM but I think I'll not weigh this morning at all. I'm seeing which way the wind blows today for everyone and I think I'll just skip the weigh-in. Coward? did I hear someone say? Well, maybe. I'm still new enough and not feeling as strong as I should, I guess. Think I'll weigh tomorrow, after my DD.
This made me laugh. Good luck tomorrow morning! Hope you see a bit of loss then! I'm usually (usually) down after DDs, but on the occasional one when I'm up, I think.. What The Heck would cause that? I'm practically EMPTY! ?????
Old 11-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Guess I'm on the same bandwagon as those with a gain today. I'm up 2lb after a "legal" UD but eating out and a lot more salt than usual. I know I shouldn't be weighing after UD's but I'm completely addicted to getting on that scale every morning first thing. Just hard to see my first gain after starting on Monday and good losses each day. I just know that I will have a good DD today and if I continue in this pattern the downward trend will continue.
Oh, yes.. you're doing fabulously well! Most often there doesn't seem to be a true rhyme nor reason to our gains and losses. We begin to think we see the *for sure* pattern to it, and then we get slapped up side the head or given a whoosh when we least expect it! You're doing great, and I congratulate you! KUTGW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahGraceG View Post
Gah. Holding steady at 128, but that's after an UD. Hopefully I'll see something more inspiring tomorrow...
You are doing a good job. You know you are, and you've already seen nice success, so you know more will follow. Hoping to see you post of a bit more weight loss in the morning! But even then, it'll come. You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelio View Post
Well, I guess I can say so far so good - LOL!
I weigh today exactly what I weighed last Friday, BUT looking at it closely, THAT'S A GOOD THING!
I left VLC on Monday for JUDD, and due to some business travel and meals I couldn't avoid (not my normal life - so not worried about it going forward) - I ended up with the following schedule:

M = DD
T = UD
W = UD
T = DD
F = UD
SO - considering that double UD in the middle AND eating a lot more carbs - I think staying the same is phenomenal!!
Going to try to do an DD Sat and UD Sunday and we'll see if we can get a DOWNWARD trend goin'!
But gotta say - this is EASY! And let's you, dare I say it, ENJOY LIFE!!!
You know, after reading about your week of travel, and the fact that you have added more carbs into your diet than you have been used to, I think this is exciting news! To be able to maintain SCALE weight while probably adding some water weight into your tissues makes me think you may have lost a bit of fat weight to counter balance that! Could be... And if you've maintained these past travel days, I expect to be hearing about weight losses shortly too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Well I hit a new low this morning - 113 on the dot! That's 1.8 pounds less than yesterday! I've been on JUDD for 16 days and started at 118.6.

I've been looking at my calorie numbers in my spreadsheet which makes it super easy to find averages. I've averaged 1150. I'm going to up the average to 1200 and make my UP/DD #s 1800 and 600. I'll see if these are my maintenance numbers. I really have no clue! Maybe my up days will need to be 2000 which would be awesome!!
Congratulations! You did such a good, good, good job!!! And that's pretty much how the game is played. This really makes me happy.

And now you get to have the fun of figuring out what your maintenance calories are going to be. Yeah, Yeah... I know it's hard to face the fact that you have not only reached GOAL, but that now you have to eat more food! Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
After yesterday's UD, I'm down another pound. So I'm hoping that means a permanent end to the 180's for me.

Today is a DD which I am going to try to do very low. I've seen many people doing a lot of broth to keep the DD cals low, so I'm giving that a go today. The boys have hockey clinics this afternoon, so that means sitting at the rink from 1-4 today. If I include drive time, that puts me away from my kitchen from about 11:45-almost 5:00. Then it will be time for dinner. Fingers crossed.
You have just been working this JUDDD plan and reaping the results! I'm really, really happy to read about your weight loss successes all the time. You are such an encouragement to all of us. And a really good example of how well JUDDD works when you simply follow the plan. Congratulations! I think you will just continue to reap the rewards!

Last edited by SoHappy; 11-11-2011 at 02:54 PM..
Old 11-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #1790

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
Well seems like my body likes 210. For so long 220 was my set point and now it looks like it is 210. I have been bouncing around at 210 going up and down by .2 and .4 for the last five days.
Yesterday was a DD and I did 544 calories and I am down 210 which is down .6 but man oh man do i want to see that 9. It flashes briefly but doesn't stay. i did have chinese on my UD the other day and am thinking that could be it.
But...I am comfortably wearing brand new size 16 levi's and I measured and I have lost .5 inch in my waist, .5 inch in my hips and 2 inches in my chest since 11/2 so my body is shifting a bit. I am now also wearing a size large shirt and it is not to tight so that is good.
I am going to work on having a clean, healthy UD today and see if I can undo the chinese food.
Wow, did I ever love this post! Even though the scale is still reading 210, some very important changes are obviously occurring within your body when you are now into smaller sizes and the tape measure shows inches lost! Does that ever go to show that what the SCALE IS SAYING is not necessarily the story of fat loss!!!!!

Way to go! And I know that weight loss will start in again, and 210 is not a set point that is going to hang around for very long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
I am right where I expected to be after a very good up day yesterday. Still up a bit from my lowest weight last Saturday, but under what I was last week at this time. I've analyzed the pattern, and Saturday is the only weight I should count each week. So tomorrow I'm expecting to see a new low a today is my last down day of the week.
But, I feel slimmer today!
Keeping my fingers crossed for a bit of loss showing up on the scale in the morning. I remember even having the occasional week of bouncing but no actual weight loss, and then a good couple of pounds would melt away in the next week, so you sure can't count on weight loss being a very straight-forward happening. Good luck!

Quote:
Yay Beeb! So pleased for you hun! Bet a few months ago you could only have dreamed of making this post! I remember how fed up and frustrated you were...and look at you now! Happy, slender, and eating all the foods you love!
Are you going to have to change your calories now, in order to maintain?

Thats fab Sophie! what are your UD/DD numbers? From what I remember, they were very similar to mine! I am still losing a little....and experimenting with making every other UD a Free Day...to see if this will help me maintain.
Jo, I'm going to be watching Linda's experience too, to see if her additional weight loss will require much of a reduction in her overall calories each week, or whether this will be about the same.

And I wanted to ask how you are doing? Especially with the Free UD experiment in your maintenance. Is that going well? It should be pretty easy to jump on any tiny weight gain and correct it if you weigh often. Hope it's going well for you and is FUN, FUN, FUN!

Quote:
I'm down a full lb. this morning, and I was actually afraid to get on the scale......I felt heavier.

It's funny because the days I feel heavier, I am lighter on the scale.
The days I'm positively, absolutely undeniably feeling lighter, there's a gain.

Must be those inches coming off, because I re-measured and am down 3 inches in the waist. Didn't do the other areas, because, well, I just didn't!
I feel so happy reading about this! Down a pound and 3 inches lost in the waist! That's an awfully nice result for JUDDDing for a short while, isn't it! I'm so glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I have changed my calories to 800 on DDs and 1900 on UDs for maintaince, but this week I lowered them a bit to lose that last .6 pounds to get me to the 135 goal. I maintain really well on the 800/1900 so I'll stick to those numbers for now and if I need to lower or raise in the future I will. It's always a "tweak" in progress in maintenance in seems!

I am only up .8 pounds after my Up, up and away day today and THIS makes me very happy!!
OK, got my question answered right here about your calories for maintenance right now. That's great. You can do some real good eatin' in that calorie range while keeping your lovely new slim and trim form too! Yay! Can't beat that!

JUDDD sure did everything you hoped for and more, didn't it! I'm so glad you came over here! I'm really happy for you.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #1791

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
OK, got my question answered right here about your calories for maintenance right now. That's great. You can do some real good eatin' in that calorie range while keeping your lovely new slim and trim form too! Yay! Can't beat that!

JUDDD sure did everything you hoped for and more, didn't it! I'm so glad you came over here! I'm really happy for you.
Thanks Pat! JUDDD has been like a MIRACLE to me , especially since I was just about to give up AGAIN back in July! That would have meant that today I probably would have been very close to gaining the weight I had lost on LC! And my numbers here work every well. I proved that before I decided to lose a bit more and then when I lowered the numbers to lose that bit more, it worked. Now I'm back up to the 900/1,800 and boy it's IS great to have that bigger DD number most times IF I can get myself to be a little more hungry on DDs to eat them all!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 11-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #1792

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I have been "stuck" between 277.something and 279.something for about a week.
Still a great weight loss for the month, but feeling a bit frustrated.
Today is an UD, but I think I am going to eat an extra 500-1000 calories,
because I've been reading about "refeeding days" and
I think it might help me get my appetite back and nourish myself after 9+ days of being sick (fever/headache/coughing).
I feel like I have skipped too many meals and slowed down my metabolism/digestion/energy.
I'm not going to have junk--just some extra protein (hamburger) and veggies.
Started the morning with coffee & cream, a big sausage patty, and a pile of baked kabocha squash with yummy butter!!!
Sorry to hear you've been sick lately. I think there's something going around for sure. You're not the only one I've heard having a bad cold or something recently. Take care of yourself. This is a miserable time of year to get sick. You need to go into the winter months with a big strong resistance built up, so.. I don't know.. eat lots of chicken soup and garlic and stuff!

I know you don't do JUDDD, and instead follow a different cycling plan for your calories. So I sure don't know anything about *refeeding* or how you'd go about it. I only know about my Up Days, but they are pretty *up there*, so for me, that's feeding pretty good every other day. I guess that's my big feeding. But I don't push any other calories than those.

Sure hope you're feeling better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel7298 View Post
down 2lbs more today!
And this is just amazing! You are rocking the JUDDD for sure right now! Congratulations! I know you're thrilled, and it's so much fun for all of us to read about your JUDDD success too!

Quote:
My 16 year old DS has been really poorly this week..flu, chest infection, mouth & throat full of ulcers, vomiting, night sweats
I have been bust looking after him...and getting up every night to change sheets, give medicine, etc..I am shattered! He is on antibiotics, and just starting to improve.
Jo! I'm so sorry to hear your boy has been this sick lately. It had seemed like you weren't around a lot lately, but I've been so busy too, and just sort of thought maybe I wasn't getting into the same threads you were posting in or something.. that I was just missing you. And I have missed you!!!

Well, hope your son is now on his way to getting well, and hope you have a great resistance to this illness yourself! JUDDD is certainly supposed to help us with that sort of thing, but you have been making yourself very tired here too, losing sleep in the caring for your child, so that can really bring us down. Take good care of yourself now! Eat well. Remain strong.

Quote:
OMG!!!!! Whoa, I think you take the record for the fastest initial weight loss on JUDDD! That is amazing, and I couldn't be happier for you. You must have your UD and DD calories set exactly right, and you obviously are following your JUDDD perfectly too! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Well, I'm allowing up to 600 on DD but trying to stay below that if I can. I allow up to 1800 on UD, but lately trying to keep it between 1700-1800 in order to lose a couple more pounds. If my 2 day average is around 1200 I maintain or lose slow, but if it's below 1200 I lose faster, so that's how I'm going about it for now

I look forward to getting to 142 and then doing what you're doing - having a FREE UD now and again
Sophie, you are really learning a lot about yourself, your calorie tolerances and your calorie need levels for weight loss, etc. Good job.

How fun to be all slimmed down in time to face the Holidays with all the fun Feast Foods that are the traditions of the season, knowing that you can eat those foods and have a plan to remain slim and trim while you indulge! Woo Hoo!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #1793
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Pat!

Have had one FD his week...Tuesday...and boy, did I enjoy it! Didnt go mad...but had lots of nibbles on things that I would have usually wanted but not had before.

Next one tomorrow...will include meals this time...lol!

Followed my normal schedule the rest of the week, and am down to a new low of 132.5 today...though whether it will stick after tomorrow....

Still, it gives me confidence I am going in the right direction!

I eventually want to have just FD's & DD's...though my FD's are in no way going to be mad eating days, just no counting days, with the goal of getting to trust myself and my food choices.

I have weighed daily since starting juddd...so I feel confident I will be able to see if this plan keeps me maintaining steadily....and it will be so easy just to go back to a week or two of counting UD's if the scale starts to climb!

For the first time in my life I feel causiously optimistic that I may be able to stick to a woe long term...without feeling miserable...or waiting to fail!

For me, juddd means no waiting to "go off the rails", cos I get to wander off every second day.....

I have also been delighted to find this week, that if my UD/FD contains about 100 carbs, my hunger and desire to eat on a DD is much less. I sure hope that continues...what a blessing...the less I fret about carbs...the more I can enjoy my UD's...and the more I can enjoy my DD's...awesome!

hugs (and thanks)
Jo
x
Old 11-12-2011, 04:21 AM   #1794
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
UD yesterday. No weighing in this morning.

I'm so happy to read about everyone's success here. But admittedly it has me a bit bummed.

The only thing I can think of is that I'm taking in too many carbs on my UDs and my DDs are not low enough?

I'm willing to test that theory!!!

Otherwise,I'll probably be taking a break after this month long experiment.
I want it so bad to work!! It's working great for maintenance, lol.
But that's not my goal.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:24 AM   #1795
Senior LCF Member

138.5!!!! I haven't seen the 130s in many, many years!!! And today, whoosh, there I am!! And an UD ahead of me life is grand!!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:26 AM   #1796
Senior LCF Member

I need a new avi where I'm not hiding behind my far more adorable granddaughter. She is cute, though, isn't she?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:46 AM   #1797
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Well my two last UD's I ate at a chinese buffet and all that salt made me hold a lot
of water. I sort of knew it was water but seeing the scale creep up 3 lbs sort of scared me. Well this morning that 3 lbs are gone and another lb along with it. So I guess it's
time to update my current weigth again. As I have said before constintly needing to
revise my current weight realy is getting tiring :-)
Old 11-12-2011, 04:50 AM   #1798
Senior LCF Member

EW: salt's deadly for water weight. Chinese food is deadly for hidden calories, too. Good for you, though. 4 #s, wow!!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:55 AM   #1799
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandelio
Stats: 199/184/160
E.W. - so sorry you're having to deal with the trauma of updating your stats to show your loss!

Old 11-12-2011, 05:09 AM   #1800
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Oh....we started almost the same time! I started Monday with a DD and have had three this week too....although I have had a horrible time getting through mine. You are doing GREAT!!
Closed Thread