Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #1261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingnikki View Post
Back to my all-time low 131.8 today!!!
WTG!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #1262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
First off to JUDDD! I don't think I saw you come in and just wanted to say and glad to have you on board with us.

Now I have a ? for you. Have you done JUDDD before and that is why you are putting MDs in there right in the beginning? If you haven't done JUDDD then I am going to suggest you do at least 1 week if not the 2 weeks suggested by Dr. Johnson with just UDs and DDs to get your body and hunger adjusted to the JUDDD WOE. Throwing a couple of MDs in there already maybe the reason you are just maintaining your weight and not losing.

If you are a JUDDDer from before, please disregard the above.
Thanks Beeb for the welcome

I just started JUDDD - yesterday was 4 days ago w/2 DD's under my belt. I have to say it will be tough w/DD's doing JUDDD going forward with my work schedule taking me on the road 5 1/2 hours some days and having to eat with my boss at restaurants sometimes for lunch and/or dinner most of the time. On down days, he would have to go himself which isn't too cool.

I never did the mid-day today as scheduled because I'm switching to MUDDD.
Next Wednesday I have a dinner date w/friend which would be my DD meal; so I'm just going with 1300 calories for the day so I can have my Up meal Saturday night.

So, I've decided to try MUDDD for more flexiblity so that I could eat at least 1 decent calorie wise lunch or 1 decent calorie wise dinner. Does that make sense? If Muddd doesn't work, then I'll go back to Juddd. I know I'm probably not getting the SIRI gene kicked in at this point because I'll be on a 1,000/1500 calorie rotation. This is much of a change from 10 yrs on and off of low carbing. Perhaps, it'll be enough of a shock to my body to allow me to eat more flexible, or maybe not. Time will tell.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 10-30-2011 at 02:22 PM..
Old 10-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #1263
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Thanks Beeb for the welcome

I just started JUDDD - yesterday was 4 days ago w/2 DD's under my belt. I have to say it will be tough w/DD's doing JUDDD going forward with my work schedule taking me on the road 5 1/2 hours some days and having to eat with my boss at restaurants sometimes for lunch and/or dinner most of the time. On down days, he would have to go himself which isn't too cool.

I never did the mid-day today as scheduled because I'm switching to MUDDD.
Next Wednesday I have a dinner date w/friend which would be my DD meal; so I'm just going with 1300 calories for the day so I can have my Up meal Saturday night.

So, I've decided to try MUDDD for more flexiblity so that I could eat at least 1 decent calorie wise lunch or 1 decent calorie wise dinner. Does that make sense? If Muddd doesn't work, then I'll go back to Juddd. I know I'm probably not getting the SIRI gene kicked in at this point because I'll be on a 1,000/1500 calorie rotation. This is much of a change from 10 yrs on and off of low carbing. Perhaps, it'll be enough of a shock to my body to allow me to eat more flexible, or maybe not. Time will tell.
I will be very interested to see how this is going to work for you. If it does work this maybe a way for some who have hesitated on trying JUDDD to come over to the "Dark Side".

But just in case I want to offer this suggestion. If eating with your boss is going to be a problem and you may need to eat 2 meals out then what about eating just 2 meals on your DDs? Having some coffee in the morning and then a nice salad for lunch and a good DD dinner with lots of veggies and some protein for dinner? You may think this can't be done but within 2 weeks of doing DDs and UDs the JUDDD way most if not all find that they aren't even that hungry on their DDs anyway and tend to only eat 2 meals anyway. I think you may find this could work for you if your MUDDD WOE doesn't.

Good luck and will be watching to see what happens!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 10-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #1264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Everyone is doing some AWESOME!
rub some on me please!!!

I had a easy DD..just ate a big pot of veggy soup I started at 2pm and just snacked on it til just about 20 min ago.

I may have a string cheese and a couple rice cakes. Lowest cal day yet.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #1265
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
Everyone is doing some AWESOME!
rub some on me please!!!

I had a easy DD..just ate a big pot of veggy soup I started at 2pm and just snacked on it til just about 20 min ago.

I may have a string cheese and a couple rice cakes. Lowest cal day yet.
Hi Betty,

So good to hear you had an easy DD. I had a great DD too. I am at 480 calories and done for the day. I got my walk in too. By this time of the evening I can tell if I am going to have a loss in the morning, but, it's not looking too good. I am retaining, I can tell. It may take me a few more days to drop back down, but, I will stay the course.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #1266
Senior LCF Member

ya, the hungries hit me tooooo!

I got through it..it will be ok.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #1267
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Hi Betty,

So good to hear you had an easy DD. I had a great DD too. I am at 480 calories and done for the day. I got my walk in too. By this time of the evening I can tell if I am going to have a loss in the morning, but, it's not looking too good. I am retaining, I can tell. It may take me a few more days to drop back down, but, I will stay the course.
Same here, but I refuse to get discouraged. I know my screw up was eating wheat yesterday! Knowledge is power
Old 10-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #1268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Same here, but I refuse to get discouraged. I know my screw up was eating wheat yesterday! Knowledge is power
I agree, Dottie. It's all a process.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #1269
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Hi Betty,

You have the perfect attitude! Make sure you drink tons.. you will be back down before you know it!

Hugs
Jo
X
Old 10-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #1270

Congrats to all the losers, maintainers, newbies and everyone else who is sticking to JUDDD even if the scale is not moving!

When life settles down some for me I promise to be here more, but in the mean time please know I do follow all the threads, read and comment when I can!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #1271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
So here I was keeping a running total of my calories in my head and thinking I only had enough for a moderate dinner. Of course, then, didn't have time for dinner so drove through Taco Bell and ordered 2 regular tacos (each 170 something). Anyway, then I came home and put everything in ****** and it came to 1245!!! What the .......!

Here I thought I was in danger of going over and had to heat up a bowl of home made home canned chili!

Obviously, I have to work on this. Such a wide swing from 500 to 1800! Making me crazy but I'll figure it out!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
So here I was keeping a running total of my calories in my head and thinking I only had enough for a moderate dinner. Of course, then, didn't have time for dinner so drove through Taco Bell and ordered 2 regular tacos (each 170 something). Anyway, then I came home and put everything in ****** and it came to 1245!!! What the .......!

Here I thought I was in danger of going over and had to heat up a bowl of home made home canned chili!

Obviously, I have to work on this. Such a wide swing from 500 to 1800! Making me crazy but I'll figure it out!
It pays to keep track even though it can be a pain in the beginning. Once you have been on JUDDD for a bit you will just "know" what you need to eat each day to get those calories in or those calories down!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #1273
Senior LCF Member

Guess there's a learning curve. I'm just amazed, too, to be on a "diet" and have a problem of not eating enough!! Even after 2 tacos (which I have been craving for months...literally!). Really weird!!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
Guess there's a learning curve. I'm just amazed, too, to be on a "diet" and have a problem of not eating enough!! Even after 2 tacos (which I have been craving for months...literally!). Really weird!!
OH the MAGIC of JUDDD!! I STILL find it amazing, especially when on my DDs I'm just not hungry but on my UDs I could eat a cow with several sides of veggies, bread and roasted potatoes!! Now this ^^^ to me is "weird" how my hungry is totally gone on DDs but reappears on UDs so that I can eat all the food I need to get me through the next DD!

So you got to enjoy those tacos again! My was a caramel apple I had been craving for YEARS!! Now I am finding the calories to have them every so often and I'm just it!!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #1275
Senior LCF Member

oooh!! That sounds yummy, too!!

Enjoy, Beeb! Not only with JUDDD, but it's the perfect season.

Think I'm going to love this new WOE. No guilt?! Crazy!!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:51 AM   #1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
You have the perfect attitude! Make sure you drink tons.. you will be back down before you know it!

Hugs
Jo
X
Thanks, Jo.

I only dropped a few ounces after my DD yesterday, (stats to the left). I am a little higher than I would like to be, but, I will get back down. I know it is mainly water retention.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:34 AM   #1277
Administrator

I dropped 2.5 of the 5 I gained. Water, I know. Hopefully it will be back down next down day
Old 10-31-2011, 04:48 AM   #1278

Quote:
I dropped 2.5 of the 5 I gained. Water, I know. Hopefully it will be back down next down day
Dottie,

your drop gives me hope!!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:54 AM   #1279
Administrator

Marie I know, too, it's water and it doesn't take much to throw that balance off!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:58 AM   #1280
Administrator

If I'd been smarter (lol) I'd have kept yesterday's down day a lot lower in sodium, too. Between the canned veggies and canned broth in the soup, I had a lot of sodium.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:02 AM   #1281

Quote:
If I'd been smarter (lol) I'd have kept yesterday's down day a lot lower in sodium, too. Between the canned veggies and canned broth in the soup, I had a lot of sodium.
I know what you mean. For the most part, I did, however, I did have a few dill pickle spears. You still had a pretty good drop. The rest will probably come off tomorrow. I'm leaving on a cruise in a week so this has been a very good lesson for me. I REALLY need to take it easy, and only good carbs for the most part.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:08 AM   #1282
Administrator

You're doing great staying within a few pounds of goal

I forgot today was Halloween! I'll pick up the little bite size hersheys type candies. At least with those, the portion control is built in (IF you can eat just 1 lol). Whatever's left will be bagged and tossed in the freezer for the *occasional* treat.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:22 AM   #1283
Senior LCF Member

No loss here..whatever it is is sticking. And now I have an UD where I wil go UP in weight and get further from my low last wed of 184.

I will keep keepin on!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:23 AM   #1284
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
I had a dinner I had to go to both friday and saterday so both of those were UD's but
I got back track yesterday with a DD. So today it's back to Golden Corral for a big meal.
I will eat about 2100 calories of my 2700 calories for the day at Golden Corral. That works out to about 60% of my calories for 2 days in that one meal so it sure doesn't look
like I am on a diet when I eat there. As I said before I love this WOE.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:28 AM   #1285

Quote:
No loss here..whatever it is is sticking. And now I have an UD where I wil go UP in weight and get further from my low last wed of 184.

I will keep keepin on!
Betty, believe it or not, I've had a loss after an UD. Let's keep the hope going! My woo-hoo for this weekend is that I managed to have a down day on Sunday. I think this is a first since being on JUDDD. At least now, I know I am capable of it. Both Sat/Sun are typically up days for me, but, ideally, I would like to keep it to just Sat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I had a dinner I had to go to both friday and saterday so both of those were UD's but
I got back track yesterday with a DD. So today it's back to Golden Corral for a big meal.
I will eat about 2100 calories of my 2700 calories for the day at Golden Corral. That works out to about 60% of my calories for 2 days in that one meal so it sure doesn't look
like I am on a diet when I eat there. As I said before I love this WOE.
WTG for getting right back on track Sunday. This is one of the things I love about JUDDD, it keeps me on track.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:29 AM   #1286
Administrator

Betty you may not gain today!
E.W. we used to have a really good golden corral here, but they don't last long in this area! I love any place with a big salad bar selection lol.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:35 AM   #1287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:

I will keep keepin on!
i hear that. i got down to an all time low on the 22nd of 131.8. that was dd's birthday weekend and i allowed much birthday treats. i'm still not "over" that weekend. but i know if i stick to my guns i will eventually get back down there.

today is a DD after sat-sun UDs. for the first time i chose not to weigh. i will wait till after my DD today.

hopw you all have a fabulous monday!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:44 AM   #1288

Carrie, I wish I could stay off the scale. I am an addict, and weigh throughout the day! I hope Noah is feeling more like himself today. I am sure he is happy to be home in his own bed.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:49 AM   #1289
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
I managed NOT to gain at all this weekend. Stuck very, very close to my target (1650 calories). 1690 Saturday, 1650 Sunday. So last week was a net gain, thanks to the 3.6 gain over the weekend (that was 2660 saturday, 2450 sunday). But THIS week, I'm sure I'll move into fresh weight.

128.8, third day in a row. 127 is virgin weight from 3 weeks ago. Hopefully all of us bouncers will reach into fresh territory this week.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:49 AM   #1290
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
There may be another bonus from this WOE that may not have been talked about. Alternet day fasting and modified alternet day fasting , JUDDD falls in the modified
alternet day fasting catagory preserves muscel mass. There was even one study where
the subjects were not trying to lose weight. They fasted one day and tried to eat double
there normal calories the next day. There weight was almost unchanged but they did
lose some fat and gained some muscel without doing exercise.
Closed Thread