Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #1201
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I'm down a pound!! I weighed myself in nothing but my socks, and there it was on the scale I'm going to claim it, even if things might bounce a bit.

That's 3 pounds lost in one week for me, just like when I first started JUDDD!! (for those that don't know, I started around Oct. 12 and lost 3 pounds by the weekend, but the next week I screwed up by going waayyy overboard on my calories on all my UDs the whole week and gained back the 3 pounds. So I felt like I was "restarting" JUDDD last weekend, and I've had pretty much the same great results!

This was even after UD eating last night! I'm trying out Pirate Jenny's MUDDD as we are coming to know it, where you basically change over your eating day about 3 p.m. daily. So I had a DD yesterday and then switched over to UD in the evening. And boy did I eat! 1,172 calories just between 3 p.m. and about 10:30 p.m.! Had more pinot noir than I should have, but thankfully my body did not punish me for it.

So, according to my new UD/DD schedule, I'm still on an UD, but I slept in until about 10 a.m. and not hungry now, just sipping black coffee. I'll get the rest of my calories in and switch to DD later this afternoon/evening which I'll continue until 3 p.m. Sunday.
Yay Sophie!
Thats wonderful...your goal is sooooo close..bet you can taste it!
Just got to ask..why did you leave your socks on
I have waist length hair...and would remove that before getting on the scales, if I could!

hugs
Jo
x

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #1202
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
I'm down a pound!! I weighed myself in nothing but my socks, and there it was on the scale I'm going to claim it, even if things might bounce a bit.

That's 3 pounds lost in one week for me, just like when I first started JUDDD!! (for those that don't know, I started around Oct. 12 and lost 3 pounds by the weekend, but the next week I screwed up by going waayyy overboard on my calories on all my UDs the whole week and gained back the 3 pounds. So I felt like I was "restarting" JUDDD last weekend, and I've had pretty much the same great results!

This was even after UD eating last night! I'm trying out Pirate Jenny's MUDDD as we are coming to know it, where you basically change over your eating day about 3 p.m. daily. So I had a DD yesterday and then switched over to UD in the evening. And boy did I eat! 1,172 calories just between 3 p.m. and about 10:30 p.m.! Had more pinot noir than I should have, but thankfully my body did not punish me for it.

So, according to my new UD/DD schedule, I'm still on an UD, but I slept in until about 10 a.m. and not hungry now, just sipping black coffee. I'll get the rest of my calories in and switch to DD later this afternoon/evening which I'll continue until 3 p.m. Sunday.
Claim it, for sure! WTG, Sophie!!! Isn't this WOE wonderful?! I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
Im so excited!!! I was down another pound this morning. That 4 pounds in 11 days. JUDD is working and I love it. Granted I have alot of weight to lose but this is something I can continue to do without feeling deprived. Even if I dont choose to eat something, its just empowering knowing I can if I want to. Im looking forward to an UD today.
Congrats, Debra. I am so happy for you! You are ROCK'IN JUDDD.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #1203
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
Im so excited!!! I was down another pound this morning. That 4 pounds in 11 days. JUDD is working and I love it. Granted I have alot of weight to lose but this is something I can continue to do without feeling deprived. Even if I dont choose to eat something, its just empowering knowing I can if I want to. Im looking forward to an UD today.

That is fantastic! not only is juddd working for you...but you are enjoying it!
So many diets work..but make us miserable.

IKWYM about being empowered...It is very freeing...and sometimes overwelming!...to know we can have everything!

I am enjoying remembering my fav higher carb foods...planning when I will have some...and savouring every bite!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #1204
Major LCF Poster!

133.75 today...down 2.5lbs, after an 85 carb UD!

I am at goal now, but had went up a few lbs due to ovulation.

I aiming to get a few lbs under my 135lb goal...to give me room for the bounces of juddd!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #1205
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post

I aiming to get a few lbs under my 135lb goal...to give me room for the bounces of juddd!

hugs
Jo
x

Wow, that's an awesome drop!! Enjoy it, Jo!

You asked why I left the socks on, they are the lightest most comfy soft little "house socks" and my feet were cold (it's in the 30s here, brrr) and the heat wasn't on. I have long hair too, and it's quite thick, and I wonder how much it adds to my weight
Old 10-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #1206
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, everyone! *raises cup of black coffee in a toast* Here's to a great day for all, whether UD/DD or MUDDD (mixed)
Old 10-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #1207
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:

hugs
Jo
x
Thats awesome JO you must be feeling pretty good. I cant wait to be at goal weight some day. Good for you!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #1208

Quote:

hugs
Jo
x
Wow, Jo, that is great. I am celebrating with you!!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #1209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Congrats to everyone on their losses

And to those that higher then expected UD's, no worries, you have a DD to recover it. Isn't it refreshing to think that "it is ok, it was only one day". i know for me it is because in the past I would have just kept on a mindless eating track and gave up on the whole thing if I had a day I blew like that.

Thursday I went over my UD calories by 1100 calories!!

But after yesterdays DD i am down 3 POUNDS!!

I was ready to give up, but that now puts me at 5 lbs down since starting JUDDD 11 days ago and 15 lbs down since I restarted my weight loss in September.

I am getting so much closer to ONEderland, getting excited.

Today is a MD and tomorrow is an UD but I am going to be very mindful of them and try not to let the whole day be a treat. That is what happened thursday, I crammed everything I had been missing in one day.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #1210
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post

And to those that higher then expected UD's, no worries, you have a DD to recover it. Isn't it refreshing to think that "it is ok, it was only one day". i know for me it is because in the past I would have just kept on a mindless eating track and gave up on the whole thing if I had a day I blew like that.

I was ready to give up, but that now puts me at 5 lbs down since starting JUDDD 11 days ago and 15 lbs down since I restarted my weight loss in September.

Today is a MD and tomorrow is an UD but I am going to be very mindful of them and try not to let the whole day be a treat. That is what happened thursday, I crammed everything I had been missing in one day.
Wow, Kris4chloe aren't you just doing AMAAZZZINGGGG!!! So excited for you! Onederland, here you come!

It's almost like an occasional all-out crazy-high UD can even shake things up in our body in a good way (as long as we maintain the DD next day). I mean, I'm not advocating overeating every UD, because I learned right away when I started overeating every UD it made me gain back every pound I lost on JUDDD... but, once in a while if we slip up big time, it's not the end of things at all - we just get back on track and our body will keep losing!

Don't lose heart folks, just get right back on the JUDDDtrain and keep going!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #1211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
It is kinda frustrating to see the scale going Up and Down, lol. But then again thats how we are eating!
Excellent point!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #1212
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post

OMG 1100 cals! What did you have..please share...I am having a DD, so I will enjoy it in my imagination

So glad you kept with it...that works out at approx 0.5lb a day!

Will be waiting eagerly for the post that say you are now in Onederland...and I would put money on the fact I wont be waiting long!

So please for you, hun!

hugs
Jo
x

Last edited by Joedi; 10-29-2011 at 09:22 AM..
Old 10-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #1213
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everyone for your support! I am going to change my goal to 133...then try to maintain about there.
Weighing daily is so important for me...if I dont, I will never learn to accept the daily ups and downs of my body weight.
As someone recovering from an ED....I need to be able to accept that my worth is not dependant on a number.....for me, still, that number effects my moods...and I dont want it to.
I figure if I can see it going up a bit, down a bit, for a few weeks..but staying around goal...I will learn to relax, and enjoy everyday "at" goal!

How I wish I tried Juddd months ago....cos it works like nothing else!

hugs to all my lovely juddd budds!

Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 10-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #1214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
OMG 1100 cals! What did you have..please share...I am having a DD, so I will enjoy it in my imagination

So glad you kept with it...that works out at approx 0.5lb a day!

Will be waiting eagerly for the post that say you are now in Onederland...and I would put money on the fact I wont be waiting long!

So please for you, hun!

hugs
Jo
x
haha jo it wasn't all that glamorous. it was spinach dip instead of lunch, then one of my kids taquitos with guacamole plus my planned corn chowder and then a big old bowl of life cereal far to late at night. my stomach hurt so bad, it wasn't worth it.

thanks for the encouragement, seems so weird that this is working and when i try to explain it to people they just look at me like i am crazy.

trying to make better food choices today on my MD
Old 10-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #1215
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Congrats to all the losers, maintainers and those who just know the losses are on the way!!

Got a wedding today and thank God it's an UD!! I'm really going to enjoy all the wonderful food there!!

Everyone have a good UD or DD!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #1216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Hi,
This is my 2nd DD. Joedi, we are in sych for today - lol.

Yesterday was supposed to be my mid day but got invited to Cracker Barrell for lunch and supper was a ham sandwich on whole grain Rye and some goodies later which put me just under 2,000 calories. So, that was my UD and today is my DD. Tomorrow will be MD w/1300 calories.

I'm making lean chicken noodle soup w/yolkless noodles, mushroom, carrots, onions, celery and fresh parsley. I'll have to figure out the calorie count but that'll be part of today's menu.

Also, today, I'm making:

Beef, bacon, lentil soup that'll I'll try either tomorrow or my UD.
Meatloaf - MD for tomororow
Mac and Cheese - MD for tomorrow

I'm trying to get this all done quickly - before I get hungry

Today is Day 4 of Juddd. Scale has been the same even with adding the carbs. I am guessing is a good sign for now.

We're having a snow storm here in PA so it's nice to be cooking all day and having hot homemade soup to eat.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #1217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Up Day today.

I'm down to 127.6, which is 2.4 lbs less than my JUDDD starting weight, but 1 lb more than my lowest JUDDD weight. Bouncing ball, bouncing ball...
Old 10-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #1218
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Sophie and Debra, I'm so excited for you!!!

Even though I had a "perfect" down day yesterday, I am up .2 from the last day-after-down-day weight. But I supposed that should be expected considering I was pumped full of pain killers and valium yesterday. I can only imagine that's messing with my body's water content. Anyway, forward-ho... today is my bi-monthly "off the rails" Saturday. In other words, I eat anything and everything I want. You see, even on my up days, I still restrict carbs, and I would much rather limit my crazy eating to 2 days a month than 4 days a week (I am semi-primal after all). Anyway, I'm not going to list the details of my impending gluttony, but it will include nachos and Chinese take out.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #1219
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Oh my gosh, I missed a whole page! Sorry everyone I missed! Congratulations to everyone who is doing so well!
Old 10-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #1220
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
everyone is doing so well
Beeb the wedding sounds fun Mexican wedding cookies are so good, hope they have some!
Old 10-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #1221
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Hi,
This is my 2nd DD. Joedi, we are in sych for today - lol.

Yesterday was supposed to be my mid day but got invited to Cracker Barrell for lunch and supper was a ham sandwich on whole grain Rye and some goodies later which put me just under 2,000 calories. So, that was my UD and today is my DD. Tomorrow will be MD w/1300 calories.

I'm making lean chicken noodle soup w/yolkless noodles, mushroom, carrots, onions, celery and fresh parsley. I'll have to figure out the calorie count but that'll be part of today's menu.

Also, today, I'm making:

Beef, bacon, lentil soup that'll I'll try either tomorrow or my UD.
Meatloaf - MD for tomororow
Mac and Cheese - MD for tomorrow

I'm trying to get this all done quickly - before I get hungry

Today is Day 4 of Juddd. Scale has been the same even with adding the carbs. I am guessing is a good sign for now.

We're having a snow storm here in PA so it's nice to be cooking all day and having hot homemade soup to eat.
Enjoy your soup, Whitedove! Sounds so and comforting on a cold day!

Don't get discouraged, your body is still adjusting to JUDDD.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #1222
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Sophie and Debra, I'm so excited for you!!!

Even though I had a "perfect" down day yesterday, I am up .2 from the last day-after-down-day weight. But I supposed that should be expected considering I was pumped full of pain killers and valium yesterday. I can only imagine that's messing with my body's water content. Anyway, forward-ho... today is my bi-monthly "off the rails" Saturday. In other words, I eat anything and everything I want. You see, even on my up days, I still restrict carbs, and I would much rather limit my crazy eating to 2 days a month than 4 days a week (I am semi-primal after all). Anyway, I'm not going to list the details of my impending gluttony, but it will include nachos and Chinese take out.
Have a great day everyone.
Have a great OFF THE RAILS day!!! Hope it meets all your expectations
Old 10-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #1223

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well, some great results here. Great work.

Sophie I thought you were a real JUDDD old timer, lol.

I had a bit of a strange UP day, soya late in the morning. Lat lunch of 1/2 a roast chicken and salad. Then a drinks party this evening where I drank Champagne and accepted all the little nibbles that came my way, including 2 very sweet little cakes!

I have no idea on the count this evening but I had 1,000 calories left for the party, so hope I didn't go over!

I will not weigh in tomorrow, why put myself through it?

Have another party to go to tomorrow, a neighbours house warming, but I can do the diet coke routine there. Vegetable soup all day and accept a few nibbles to be polite.

I quite like the sound of MUDDD............

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #1224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Well, some great results here. Great work.

Sophie I thought you were a real JUDDD old timer, lol.

I had a bit of a strange UP day, soya late in the morning. Lat lunch of 1/2 a roast chicken and salad. Then a drinks party this evening where I drank Champagne and accepted all the little nibbles that came my way, including 2 very sweet little cakes!

I have no idea on the count this evening but I had 1,000 calories left for the party, so hope I didn't go over!

I will not weigh in tomorrow, why put myself through it?

Have another party to go to tomorrow, a neighbours house warming, but I can do the diet coke routine there. Vegetable soup all day and accept a few nibbles to be polite.

I quite like the sound of MUDDD............
Hi Kissa! I remember you on the last 10 lbs thread! Sounds like you and I are going a different route from VLC Atkins. Wish you luck!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #1225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:

Yay! Congrats Sophie . This sounds really interesting. Kind of reminds me of ESE but with calories.

Congrats to every one that has had successes this week. Definitely encourages me to step up " and just do it", well that and the pictures I just happened across.... lol.

Last edited by kel7298; 10-29-2011 at 06:33 PM..
Old 10-30-2011, 04:57 AM   #1226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Congrats to everyone!!

Debra- that is awesome..I was waiting (im)patiently for your good news!!

As for me, yesterday was supposed to be a MD. Somewhere in the ballpark of 1200-1500cals.

I had my coffee and went to the gym and had my yogurt when I got home like usual.
like 1pm.

I had a handful of chex mix around 4pm that I made for the party we went to last night.

I didn't eat much after that because my tummy was upset(again!)

But about 730 I probably ate my calories worth of lumpia

And the scale reflects it. I am up 2.2lbs from a low that I reached on Wed. Watching it drift further and further away..sigh
Am I going to have 2 more DDs just to get back to my original low number? ugh.

So today is a DD and we'll see what that brings tomorrow. I also suspect that I am retaining water as I approach O time(just like Joedi)..one time I watched the scale climb 5 lbs in a week and I wasn't eating differently or exercising less.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:03 AM   #1227

Well, I am up almost 3 pounds today(stats to the left), but, I am not alarmed. I know it come back off. We went out for italian last evening that included martinis, bread/oil, dinner and dessert! Oh my. IT was fab, lol. Honestly, I think what hurt the most was a bagel in the morning. Some boys ds went to highschool opened a new bagel place and we wanted to show our support. So, we stopped in and had bagels with/cream cheese and coffee. I think it was too much bread for me yesterday. My body does not like bagels, LOL. I told dh I was not going to have any bread with dinner, but, I did. We were eating and drinking and having a fabulous time, LOL.
I AM glad this happened as it is a bit of a preview for me and will help me remember while cruising to take it easy. We leave in over a week.

Today is a down day for me, and I am going to make it happen. I didn't get my walk in on Friday and Saturday, and that needs to happen today too.
Have a nice Sunday all. Off to drink my coffee and sniff my peppermint.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:26 AM   #1228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Lets make it a good DD Cruz!!!

Although I'm salivating over the pasta you had last night..mmmmm

I'm going for my walk in a little while too..although it's soooo cold out. To me anyway. I'm not a fan of cold weather..anything below 60 is cold, haha.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 AM   #1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
Lets make it a good DD Cruz!!!

Although I'm salivating over the pasta you had last night..mmmmm

I'm going for my walk in a little while too..although it's soooo cold out. To me anyway. I'm not a fan of cold weather..anything below 60 is cold, haha.
I agree, let's do it, Betty. We can do it. We WILL do it. Fortunately, I am not hungry yet, lol. Good going with the walk. I will let you know when I take mine.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:44 AM   #1230
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Good morning!

FINALLY made it thru a Saturday at my target - kept it to 1690 calories yesterday.

It was SO hard in the morning...it was worse than a DD with the hunger level. Somehow hunger is more prevalent with DH + DD + DS in the house and with nothing for me to do. Well, I could have done housework but chose not to. So I ate my planned lunch, then was still a bit hungry, had my planned snack an hour later. Luckily, that did fill me up till dinnertime. Finished off the last two squares of my dark Hershy's (70 calories) for dessert.

Drumroll please.... scale stayed the same this morning.

I will probably have an uptick tomorrow, but hopefully it will be small. Off to ****** my foods.
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
Closed Thread