Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #1141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i'm struggling today with doing my IF, DD. i just feel off but can't decide if it's head hunger or physical...i mean yes, my stomach is growly, but i usually just deal, but today it's making me feel off and i can't decide if i should eat or stick to my guns and IF.

sitting in the hospital room with noah. they are just getting his fluids going. they want to have a lot of fluids so his urine is dilute before giving him his chemo. they will give that to him around 6. praying the new drug cocktail dr is trying will help control nausea better.
Carrie, I am hoping with you. I hope today's is less stressful for poor Noah, and you!! I hate those "hungry" days!! GRRR... I am sure you will do what is best for you! You are rocking the JUDDD so if you give in, there is a DD to follow and fix it... have a good day (as best you can of course)

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #1142
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Love all the new faces. I am still reading and anxious to get back to this WOE, I will reach the 140s this round for sure.. if it kills me!! Then I can continue with JUDDD and the JUDDD BUDDDs... Hope all are well!!
Glad you're doing so well, Cathy! Anxious for you to be back with us. Miss you!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #1143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Glad you're doing so well, Cathy! Anxious for you to be back with us. Miss you!
Thanks Pat, I am still here and I read all the posts, just not really doing JUDDD right now, so not too much to "chime in" about!!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #1144

Quote:
i'm struggling today with doing my IF, DD. i just feel off but can't decide if it's head hunger or physical...i mean yes, my stomach is growly, but i usually just deal, but today it's making me feel off and i can't decide if i should eat or stick to my guns and IF.

sitting in the hospital room with noah. they are just getting his fluids going. they want to have a lot of fluids so his urine is dilute before giving him his chemo. they will give that to him around 6. praying the new drug cocktail dr is trying will help control nausea better.
Praying this chemo session goes well. Nausea is the pits, and I hate to hear a kid have to face this very often.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #1145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:

Old 10-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #1146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
thank you, for the prayers and hugs, ladies...means so much.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #1147
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Still holding to 148 after what felt like a luxurious UD yesterday (but then they all feel pretty sinful, lol). The scales wanted to stay at 147, but settled on 148 again. Hoping they will move down if I have a good DD today.
Fingers crossed for you!

jo
x
Old 10-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #1148
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
I hope y'all both get some good rest tonight.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #1149
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I completely sympathize with that! I hit 127 the second day of TOM three weeks ago, and have ranged from 127.8 - 131.4 ever since! Would love to see that number again soon, but don't think I can expect a 2.4 drop overnight, when I haven't dropped a pound since Tuesday? Or maybe the WHOOSH fairy will come along and hit all of us maintainers who want to be losers!
Hope so paulabob!
I hope to get to a couple of lbs under goal..to give me "bounce" room...so I was most annoyed to go a lb over!

It is very puzzling when we dont lose after DD's, isnt it? You wake up feeling all hollow and sylph-like...expecting the scales to reflect it...and they dont!

And you say you have been the same weight 4 days in a row...I can SO sympathise...last month I was stuck at one weight for 8
days...all up and down days...500/1800! Our bodies are weird things sometimes!
hugs
jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Last edited by Joedi; 10-28-2011 at 11:42 AM..
Old 10-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #1150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Thinkin of you and your son Dazy!!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #1151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
And it's only fair I should mention that by 'cardio,' I mean a 30-45 min walk or bike ride.

And now that its getting colder outside I have to take the cardio indoors and do a spin class or something like that.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #1152
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
I went up 2 lbs after my UD and now I am back, just shy by .6

It will be nice to get past this point because I haven't been able to for the last 2 years.

I plan on taking a couple quick measurements here in a bit!

It's an UD for me but I promised I wouldn't go too crazy with the snack things this time.
It will be awesome when you get past this point...lowest weight for 2 years! ...and I bet it wont be long!

Keep us posted!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #1153
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lcklass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
Down a pound this morning Im thrilled. I cant believe I am down after enchiladas rice and beans dinner. So Ive actually lost 3 pounds in less than 2 weeks. I'll take it! Plus my clothes feel much better and that is more important in how I feel anyway.
Exciting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Bonnie, I was just writing something about that situation as you posted! I did a similar thing a week ago; had a great DD then lost control in the evening. Then I decided to count that as the beginning of my UD; ate UD breakfast and lunch the next day,
then started my DD in the evening. And I've been on that pattern all week (except yesterday was a "repeat" DD). I don't know if you have checked my thread on this, but for now I've nicknamed it "Mixed Up Day/Down Day" or MUDDD
MUDDD sounds about right - next time I'll give it a go!

`````````````````
Bonnie
Old 10-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #1154
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Kissa, that sounds about right for a MD.

I am up 2 pounds after my UD, but, that is about right for me. Stats to the left. I've been JUDDDing about 6 weeks now so I am use to the fluctuations and they don't bother me. I am a bit of a scale addict and it would be impossible for me to stay off the scale.

Dottie, to be up only 1 pound after an UD is very good.
Do you down the same 2lbs after your DD?

Are you actively trying to lose...or just maintaining?

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #1155
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
This is so me! I briefly saw a number i liked and have been trying to get back to it. I get frustrated with myself getting frustrated. I guess a part of me misses the crazy losses I saw when I first started LC 40 pounds ago.

The thing is I am still 67 pounds over goal weight so it is not like it is the last few pounds I am trying to take off.

A friend at work just had gastric bypass and although I would never consider it (i did consider lap band a year ago but decided to jump into LC) and she is of course losing like crazy. She starting off a bit heavier then where I was when I first started but I really don't want her to lose all the weight before me. Or I don't want to get stuck at a weight and she bypass me. I am trying to do it the healthier way, watching what I eat and exercise.

I had a HORRENDOUS UD yesterday. I went WAY OVER my calories, pretty much I had enough calories for 1.5 UD. I am up 1 lb but considering how much I ate I fully expected to be up 5 lbs.

Kristi
I can sympathise with you, watching your friends drop the lbs like crazy....but I bet she isn't having very much fun with food!

In the near future you will both be slim...but guess who will be eating lots of lush food...eating her fill at restaurants, bbq's etc?

You made the right choice, with l/c and juddd...and you will reap the benefits with a much healthier body!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingnikki View Post
So I peeked...
I was 132.4 this morning up .8 after my sugery last week which is awesome!
I have been back on plan three days now two really good DD this is my 2nd UD.
I really thought it was going to be more, after my last sx I was up 10 pounds!
So three weeks today we go to Cancun for our 20th anniversary I would like to see
even just once the 120's before we go!

So 2.5 pounds in three weeks is my short term goal!

nikki.
WTG Nikki!

Congrats on your 20th coming up....how lovely to have a wonderful holiday to look forward to after your surgery...and a lovely slim body to buy lots of new clothes for your trip!

Bet you can do those 2.5 lbs no problem!

Have you planned whether you will be able to juddd on such a fab holiday? I am going away for a break at xmas...and am already wondering how I will manage my woe!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #1157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it's official, i do NOT like my DD today. they normally don't bother me and i usually look forward to them, but today i am in a constant battle to want to eat. i DO NOT like feeling this way....when food is constantly on my mind....don't like it one bit. finally made a cup of coffee with a little half and half.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #1158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Good afternoon, my JUDDD BUDDDs!

Just want to drop in and say

Have a great weekend!!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #1159
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by putthekettleon View Post
Hi Sophie, my husband had some minor surgery this week, so I busy playing nurse! Today we have a follow up appt. at the doc's...I'll have to log back in later and read all the threads I've missed!

I'm so glad to see this forum is so popular. Folks like you make us feel so welcome! Much appreciated!
Hope your DH is on the mend, Kettle.

Yes, the forum has grown, lots of great new JUDDD-Budds
Old 10-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #1160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Quote:
it's official, i do NOT like my DD today. they normally don't bother me and i usually look forward to them, but today i am in a constant battle to want to eat. i DO NOT like feeling this way....when food is constantly on my mind....don't like it one bit. finally made a cup of coffee with a little half and half.
Oh I can so relate, DG! I was like that yesterday.. Hang in there,
Old 10-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #1161
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
MUDDDING is awesome!!!
Yesterday I wasn't hungry at all, so even though I was "supposed" to eat breakfast & lunch, I just made it another DD and had a lovely dinner. Then I was very hungry for breakfast this morning, so it worked out well! The plan is much more flexible with this mindset; if my appetite is not cooperating or something comes up, I can just turn the next 3 meals (or 24 hour period) into my next DD or UD instead of struggling through several hours before bed when I've run out of calories for a DD or trying to force myself to eat on an UD. I know it may not have the same benefits of JUDDD (as far as the SIRT1 gene goes) but I feel it's more doable in the long run for me.

Even if I were at work or on vacation with family, if people were wondering why I'm not having a big lunch I could say "I'm saving my calories for dinner"; and if they're wondering why I don't want to go out for dinner I could say "I ate enough at breakfast and lunch for the day" without having to explain or defend my WOE, or have anyone worry that I'm developing an ED.

--------------------
Jo, I have the same, or worse, temporary weight gain with ovulation that I do with TOM. That's why there only seems to be one good week a month for weight loss for me.

I know what you mean about that number!!!
Especially when I would like to change my stats!!!
But too often I see a low number, then immediately regain 3-5lbs,
and don't see that number again for 2 or more weeks.
So I don't feel I can claim it until it is something I see a few times.

Anyway, I hope you see your goal number again soon!
I am releived to know its not just me! I had no idea that ovulation could cause weight gain, until I started juddd...and weighing daily!

jo
x
Old 10-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #1162

I really don't think most folks are aware of the fluctuations, perfectly normal, that happen over the course of our days. Until I wanted to lose some weight, I never bothered to step on a scale but about once a year at the doctor's office. Back then, I had no idea!

To me, that's why water weight is so pfffftttt.. who cares? It comes. It goes. You can gain pounds overnight and have a whoosh to lose those pounds back out again.

But from now on out, I still feel most comfortable being able to weigh every morning.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #1163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
With everything happening today, I can imagine. Hopefully the half/half helped a little.

T & P for you and your child.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #1164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

than you kelly....it did help my tummy some.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #1165
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I get DD's like this too...white knuckle ones, despite eating to my ud cals!

I have read, I think on the main forum, that you feel extra hungry when your body is getting ready to drop a little fat....and it is programmed to want to keep that fat safe in its stores...so it sends out a message to our brains to make us want to eat!

not sure if there is any truth in this...but when I am having a hungry day, it is reassuring to think..."some fat is leaving...!"

hope all is going ok for you and Noah!

hugs
Jo

Last edited by Joedi; 10-28-2011 at 01:42 PM..
Old 10-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #1166

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
First MD done. 915 cals, soya late, Atkins bar, halibut steak spinach and courgettes in a tomato and olive sauce. 1 glass red wine and 2 small slices of French bread!!! OMG, I ate bread.

Tough times Dizzy, a little half and half is a good thing.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #1167
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel7298 View Post
Thank you!

I see you are close to goal. Are you alternately doing a DD then UD every week?
Hi Kelly, I might have been at goal already if I hadn't sabotaged my first full week of JUDDD by upping the calories too much! But I'm back on track this week and lost 2 of the pounds I had gained back.

I was doing a normal JUDDD of alternating UD/DD (I didn't want to mess with MD so I kept to the alternating) but I decided to go ahead and try Pirate Jenny's MUDDD method (it's basically dividing your days by 3 p.m. instead of with sleep).
Old 10-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #1168
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Love all the new faces. I am still reading and anxious to get back to this WOE, I will reach the 140s this round for sure.. if it kills me!! Then I can continue with JUDDD and the JUDDD BUDDDs... Hope all are well!!
Hi Catjrow Hope to see you here often!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #1169
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

for you and Noah.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #1170
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
First MD done. 915 cals, soya late, Atkins bar, halibut steak spinach and courgettes in a tomato and olive sauce. 1 glass red wine and 2 small slices of French bread!!! OMG, I ate bread.

Tough times Dizzy, a little half and half is a good thing.
for bread!!!
Closed Thread