Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #1111
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I completely sympathize with that! I hit 127 the second day of TOM three weeks ago, and have ranged from 127.8 - 131.4 ever since! Would love to see that number again soon, but don't think I can expect a 2.4 drop overnight, when I haven't dropped a pound since Tuesday? Or maybe the WHOOSH fairy will come along and hit all of us maintainers who want to be losers!
I'm the same way - hate to see a new low slip out of my grasp! I'm being greedy though - I already lost 2 pounds this week. It was Monday morning when I woke up to 2# gone and it seems so long ago!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #1112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
:
Trouble is with me...once I see that new number...its MINE, and I am well annoyed when its gone before I have time to enjoy it!

hugs
Jo
x
This is so me! I briefly saw a number i liked and have been trying to get back to it. I get frustrated with myself getting frustrated. I guess a part of me misses the crazy losses I saw when I first started LC 40 pounds ago.

The thing is I am still 67 pounds over goal weight so it is not like it is the last few pounds I am trying to take off.

A friend at work just had gastric bypass and although I would never consider it (i did consider lap band a year ago but decided to jump into LC) and she is of course losing like crazy. She starting off a bit heavier then where I was when I first started but I really don't want her to lose all the weight before me. Or I don't want to get stuck at a weight and she bypass me. I am trying to do it the healthier way, watching what I eat and exercise.

I had a HORRENDOUS UD yesterday. I went WAY OVER my calories, pretty much I had enough calories for 1.5 UD. I am up 1 lb but considering how much I ate I fully expected to be up 5 lbs.

Kristi
Old 10-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #1113
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
When logic fails me, along comes Pat!!!!!!

That makes so much sense, and makes me feel so much more relaxed........

Thank you, Pat!!!!
Well, I just wanted you to know that wanting to do 4 DDs a week was almost, almost, almost the same as doing 3 DDs and 3 UDs and 1 MD... but makes it so much easier to work, and probably even better for our overall health, or.. at least that *easier to work* part.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:43 AM   #1114
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lcklass
Good morning! I was away for 2 days, you are all very chatty, lol. Today is day 5 for me and I haven't been doing so well with following the plan - Mon/Tue were great DD/UD, (637/1935) but the Wed got turned into a MD as DH wanted to go out to dinner at the local pub and got all pouty when I said I just wanted a green salad so I ended up with a burger and fries, lol. I had only eaten about 150 calories prior to that, so my day ended up being around 1300 calories. And I felt like crap, normally I love greasy food but it didn't agree with me. Then I didn't know what to do yesterday, since I was still feeling a bit off - should I make it a DD or an UP as scheduled? We were away, and I had brought food for an UD breafast. So it ended up being a half-a$$ed day, not a full UP, but more than a MD. LOL Arrgh! I think I ended up around 1500 calories (FYI, my DD goal is 500, my UD goal is supposed to be 2400 but I've been trying for 2000). I normally weigh once a week (Fridays) because I had horrible scale obsession in the past and used it as an excuse to eat if the scale didn't show a good number (I know, counter productive, I'm messed up, lol) ... anyway, I was worried with not following the UD/DD schedule so got on the scale this morning. And was surprised to see a 1.5 pound loss! My stomach is still bloated, so hopefully today's DD will take care of that.

My question is how do you all handle unexpected things that come up and derail your DDs? If you make them a MD like I did - do you DD the day after?

```````````````
Bonnie
Old 10-28-2011, 07:48 AM   #1115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
So I peeked...
I was 132.4 this morning up .8 after my sugery last week which is awesome!
I have been back on plan three days now two really good DD this is my 2nd UD.
I really thought it was going to be more, after my last sx I was up 10 pounds!
So three weeks today we go to Cancun for our 20th anniversary I would like to see
even just once the 120's before we go!

So 2.5 pounds in three weeks is my short term goal!

nikki.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #1116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
I was so please to see that goal weight on the scales...then not to see it since has been so depressing!

I did have signs of ovulation yesterday..so may have some bloat from that!

Trouble is with me...once I see that new number...its MINE, and I am well annoyed when its gone before I have time to enjoy it!

Hows your muddding, going, btw?
MUDDDING is awesome!!!
Yesterday I wasn't hungry at all, so even though I was "supposed" to eat breakfast & lunch, I just made it another DD and had a lovely dinner. Then I was very hungry for breakfast this morning, so it worked out well! The plan is much more flexible with this mindset; if my appetite is not cooperating or something comes up, I can just turn the next 3 meals (or 24 hour period) into my next DD or UD instead of struggling through several hours before bed when I've run out of calories for a DD or trying to force myself to eat on an UD. I know it may not have the same benefits of JUDDD (as far as the SIRT1 gene goes) but I feel it's more doable in the long run for me.

Even if I were at work or on vacation with family, if people were wondering why I'm not having a big lunch I could say "I'm saving my calories for dinner"; and if they're wondering why I don't want to go out for dinner I could say "I ate enough at breakfast and lunch for the day" without having to explain or defend my WOE, or have anyone worry that I'm developing an ED.

--------------------
Jo, I have the same, or worse, temporary weight gain with ovulation that I do with TOM. That's why there only seems to be one good week a month for weight loss for me.

I know what you mean about that number!!!
Especially when I would like to change my stats!!!
But too often I see a low number, then immediately regain 3-5lbs,
and don't see that number again for 2 or more weeks.
So I don't feel I can claim it until it is something I see a few times.

Anyway, I hope you see your goal number again soon!
---------------------
ETA:
Bonnie, I was just writing something about that situation as you posted!
I did a similar thing a week ago; had a great DD then lost control in the evening.
Then I decided to count that as the beginning of my UD; ate UD breakfast and lunch the next day,
then started my DD in the evening. And I've been on that pattern all week (except yesterday was a "repeat" DD).
I don't know if you have checked my thread on this,
but for now I've nicknamed it "Mixed Up Day/Down Day" or MUDDD
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-28-2011 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: ETA
Old 10-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #1117
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
MUDDDING is awesome!!!
Yesterday I wasn't hungry at all, so even though I was "supposed" to eat breakfast & lunch, I just made it another DD and had a lovely dinner. Then I was very hungry for breakfast this morning, so it worked out well! The plan is much more flexible with this mindset; if my appetite is not cooperating or something comes up, I can just turn the next 3 meals (or 24 hour period) into my next DD or UD instead of struggling through several hours before bed when I've run out of calories for a DD or trying to force myself to eat on an UD. I know it may not have the same benefits of JUDDD (as far as the SIRT1 gene goes) but I feel it's more doable in the long run for me.

Even if I were at work or on vacation with family, if people were wondering why I'm not having a big lunch I could say "I'm saving my calories for dinner"; and if they're wondering why I don't want to go out for dinner I could say "I ate enough at breakfast and lunch for the day" without having to explain or defend my WOE, or have anyone worry that I'm developing an ED.

--------------------
Jo, I have the same, or worse, temporary weight gain with ovulation that I do with TOM. That's why there only seems to be one good week a month for weight loss for me.

I know what you mean about that number!!!
Especially when I would like to change my stats!!!
But too often I see a low number, then immediately regain 3-5lbs,
and don't see that number again for 2 or more weeks.
So I don't feel I can claim it until it is something I see a few times.

Anyway, I hope you see your goal number again soon!
---------------------
ETA:
Bonnie, I was just writing something about that situation as you posted!
I did a similar thing a week ago; had a great DD then lost control in the evening.
Then I decided to count that as the beginning of my UD; ate UD breakfast and lunch the next day,
then started my DD in the evening. And I've been on that pattern all week (except yesterday was a "repeat" DD).
I don't know if you have checked my thread on this,
but for now I've nicknamed it "Mixed Up Day/Down Day" or MUDDD
I'm thinking of starting MUDDD today It's wonderful to think I don't have to try to stretch those DD calories and then hope I can get enough to eat before bed to be able to go to sleep - that instead I could look forward to being full this evening.

I did a sort of version of this on my last DD, where I started in on my UD calories before bed and ate 275 of them. I subtracted them off yesterday's UD total. Didn't seem to hurt anything.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #1118
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Down a pound this morning Im thrilled. I cant believe I am down after enchiladas rice and beans dinner. So Ive actually lost 3 pounds in less than 2 weeks. I'll take it! Plus my clothes feel much better and that is more important in how I feel anyway.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #1119
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
Down a pound this morning Im thrilled. I cant believe I am down after enchiladas rice and beans dinner. So Ive actually lost 3 pounds in less than 2 weeks. I'll take it! Plus my clothes feel much better and that is more important in how I feel anyway.
Debra, I'm soooo happy for you!! You're totally JUDDD, girl!

Isn't it amazing to eat what you want and still lose?

I think overall I also feel less bloated on JUDDD than I did LC - seem to retain LESS water, and that seems mixed-up from what everyone else reports.

KUTGW!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #1120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Debra, I'm soooo happy for you!! You're totally JUDDD, girl!

Isn't it amazing to eat what you want and still lose?

I think overall I also feel less bloated on JUDDD than I did LC - seem to retain LESS water, and that seems mixed-up from what everyone else reports.

KUTGW!
YEA and what JUDD does for the mind is HUGE for me. I feel sane and not have that diet mentality, that edginess, gripey, not so nice attitude when Im feeling deprived. I tell ya JUDD is a God Send for me.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #1121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Wow, I can not believe how active this board is now. I used to do JUDDD but stopped. With all this encouragement, I might have to try it again.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #1122
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel7298 View Post
Wow, I can not believe how active this board is now. I used to do JUDDD but stopped. With all this encouragement, I might have to try it again.
Glad to meet you Kelly!!! The JUDDDtrain is stopping for YOU again - Jump on board!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #1123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: putthekettleon
Hi all!! (waving...)...I am doing a modified JUDD in that I'm not drastically reducing cals on my DDay's, but they are lower than on my "normal" days. I did this years ago and it worked out well. I actually learned about it from the Curves gym I went to. I bought their book which talked about calorie cycling. It works!

Wow this JUDDD forum is jumping. I know why. It's so reflective of this entire forum...such friendly, helpful people.

Limiting calories works! Down a pound this week.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #1124
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by putthekettleon View Post
Hi all!! (waving...)...I am doing a modified JUDD in that I'm not drastically reducing cals on my DDay's, but they are lower than on my "normal" days. I did this years ago and it worked out well. I actually learned about it from the Curves gym I went to. I bought their book which talked about calorie cycling. It works!

Wow this JUDDD forum is jumping. I know why. It's so reflective of this entire forum...such friendly, helpful people.

Limiting calories works! Down a pound this week.
Congrats on losing a pound and also on modifying JUDDD to work for YOU!!! And great to hear from you again, it's been a while since I saw a post from you. Thanks for sharing your success!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #1125
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Glad to meet you Kelly!!! The JUDDDtrain is stopping for YOU again - Jump on board!
Thank you!

I see you are close to goal. Are you alternately doing a DD then UD every week?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #1126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: putthekettleon
Hi Sophie, my husband had some minor surgery this week, so I busy playing nurse! Today we have a follow up appt. at the doc's...I'll have to log back in later and read all the threads I've missed!

I'm so glad to see this forum is so popular. Folks like you make us feel so welcome! Much appreciated!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #1127
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
question!
If you know you're going to have a medium then an UP day, do you: DD, MD, UD, DD, UD or can you have 2 DD's in a row following the MD/UD cycle?
Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel7298 View Post
Come back, Kelly! This is a really fun place now, hoppin' like crazy, very friendly and supportive, and -as you can see - lots and lots of success happening!

You need to be here!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
question!
If you know you're going to have a medium then an UP day, do you: DD, MD, UD, DD, UD or can you have 2 DD's in a row following the MD/UD cycle?
It's not "recommended" that you back two DDs together, so if you can arrange your schedule in such a way to not have to do that, you get more of a powerful punch in your up/down rotation. What is coming up? Is a MD even needed? It sounds sort of like if you just skip the MD, your rotation would end up with an UD on the day you need it on?
Old 10-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #1130
Administrator

Son is home for the weekend. I'm having a DD today, but we have a lot of stuff to do tomorrow and will probably grab a burger (no bun) on the run tomorrow then Sunday when we take him back to school, they both want to go to a steak house (will be an UD).
If tomorrow has some leeway, I can probably keep it pretty lowish/mid, around 1000 calories. But I think Sunday will have to be an UP day.
(lol my first test!)
Old 10-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #1131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Joedi- it's just water weight!!! The scale climbs as I approach O time..so that could be it for you! Not to worry. It's not like you've gone up a pant size right? :P

Addict- I think that sounds like a plan! Making one change at a time to see what works or not.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #1132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Son is home for the weekend. I'm having a DD today, but we have a lot of stuff to do tomorrow and will probably grab a burger (no bun) on the run tomorrow then Sunday when we take him back to school, they both want to go to a steak house (will be an UD).
If tomorrow has some leeway, I can probably keep it pretty lowish/mid, around 1000 calories. But I think Sunday will have to be an UP day.
(lol my first test!)
Every Sunday is my bible study and there is food, and it has always been an issue every week. Some weeks I have great self control but others I eat right along with them. My DD is today and tomorrow is supposed to be an UD but I am going to do a MD so that I can do an UD on Sunday and will probably eat very light for breakfast and lunch and save my calories for Sunday night. It is usually potluck and everyone in my bible study is very big and doesn't care much about calories, etc. So it is all pretty high in calores.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #1133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I'm having an UD today, MD day tomorrow and DD on Sunday.

I like my schedule of UDs for the gym..but I was wondering if it would work better if I had UDs on my off days so I am all fueled up for my gym days?? hmmm

so it would like this:
M- cardio- UD
T- gym- DD
W-cardio- UD
Thurs- gym- DD
Fri- cardio- UD
Sat- gym- MD
Sun- UD- rest

and then starts over..

then again, I haven't had any issues not making it through my training coming off of a DD. So I think I'll keep it as is for now. Thanks for letting me ramble!!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #1134
Administrator

kris that's probably what I'll end up doing. Try to get any heavy calories in early so I can work them off tomorrow!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #1135
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post

I like my schedule of UDs for the gym..but I was wondering if it would work better if I had UDs on my off days so I am all fueled up for my gym days?? hmmm

so it would like this:
M- cardio- UD
T- gym- DD
W-cardio- UD
Thurs- gym- DD
Fri- cardio- UD
Sat- gym- MD
Sun- UD- rest

and then starts over..

then again, I haven't had any issues not making it through my training coming off of a DD. So I think I'll keep it as is for now. Thanks for letting me ramble!!
i would think that doing cardio on UDs is a better option. If you feel ok doing just weight training on the DD then I would stick with that.

I originally was just going to do UD/DD alternating but realize i sort of like certain days being certain ways. Wednesday nights my kids have a ton of activities and my husband works nights so we usually call it help yourself. I don't have to cook so it works out perfectly as a DD. I think I am going to do the same schedule as you, that has what I have done the past couple weeks. That way also with a MD on Sat and an UD on Sunday you really are not dieting on the weekends and can enjoy them a bit more.

Now I just need to get back to the gym, had a crazy week with the kids and haven't been able to fit it in this week.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #1136

Quote:
(lol my first test!)
This ^ sounds like a logical plan. Today a DD... tomorrow doing *stuff* and a MD, and then Sunday back to school and an UD for the steak house. And then Monday back to a DD again. And your rotation continues from there.

Have a fun weekend. It sounds like it will be a whirlwind!

DH wants me to make your grandma's peach cobbler for him real soon!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #1137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post

so it would like this:
M- cardio- UD
T- gym- DD
W-cardio- UD
Thurs- gym- DD
Fri- cardio- UD
Sat- gym- MD
Sun- UD- rest

and then starts over..

For me personally, I think I would perform better in cardio after a UD. I think I am going to try this pattern starting tomorrow.

Sat - MD
Sun - UD
Mon - DD
Tue - UD
Wed - DD
Thu - UD
Frid - DD to MD (fingers crossed)
Old 10-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #1138
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Love all the new faces. I am still reading and anxious to get back to this WOE, I will reach the 140s this round for sure.. if it kills me!! Then I can continue with JUDDD and the JUDDD BUDDDs... Hope all are well!!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #1139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i'm struggling today with doing my IF, DD. i just feel off but can't decide if it's head hunger or physical...i mean yes, my stomach is growly, but i usually just deal, but today it's making me feel off and i can't decide if i should eat or stick to my guns and IF.

sitting in the hospital room with noah. they are just getting his fluids going. they want to have a lot of fluids so his urine is dilute before giving him his chemo. they will give that to him around 6. praying the new drug cocktail dr is trying will help control nausea better.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #1140
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i'm struggling today with doing my IF, DD. i just feel off but can't decide if it's head hunger or physical...i mean yes, my stomach is growly, but i usually just deal, but today it's making me feel off and i can't decide if i should eat or stick to my guns and IF.

sitting in the hospital room with noah. they are just getting his fluids going. they want to have a lot of fluids so his urine is dilute before giving him his chemo. they will give that to him around 6. praying the new drug cocktail dr is trying will help control nausea better.
Closed Thread