Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #1081
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,935
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
127.8 down .6

Puzzling about weather to do another DD or try to find out how to do an MD. Dull day planned for today but have party to go to unexpectedly tomorrow evening.

Will scour the threads for MD information.
Kissa is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #1082
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,935
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Okay a medium day it will be. I will aim for 1000, my low is 500 high is 1665, sound okay?
Kissa is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 02:30 AM   #1083
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 71,805
Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Kissa MDs confuse me too lol.
Well I'm thrilled I'm only up 1lb after a very high fat/carb up day! I even had corn tortillas w/guacamole and a sandwich on light whole wheat bread. I expected 5 pounds lol.
Dottie is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:35 AM   #1084
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Cruzcrzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,023
Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Kissa, that sounds about right for a MD.

I am up 2 pounds after my UD, but, that is about right for me. Stats to the left. I've been JUDDDing about 6 weeks now so I am use to the fluctuations and they don't bother me. I am a bit of a scale addict and it would be impossible for me to stay off the scale.

Dottie, to be up only 1 pound after an UD is very good.
Cruzcrzy is online now  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:37 AM   #1085
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 71,805
Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Marie I'm thrilled, still below my previous "suck point"
Dottie is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #1086
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Cruzcrzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,023
Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Marie I'm thrilled, still below my previous "suck point"
Cruzcrzy is online now  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:55 AM   #1087
Blabbermouth!!!
 
paulabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,544
Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
129.4, 4th day in a row. My waist IS getting smaller though. I did let myself have some fried chicken and chocolate yesterday (not at the same time ), so I'm pretty pleased there was no uptick in the scale.
paulabob is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 04:03 AM   #1088
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Cruzcrzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,023
Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
129.4, 4th day in a row. My waist IS getting smaller though. I did let myself have some fried chicken and chocolate yesterday (not at the same time ), so I'm pretty pleased there was no uptick in the scale.
Paula, this is great!!!!
Cruzcrzy is online now  
Old 10-28-2011, 04:08 AM   #1089
Senior LCF Member
 
betty301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 896
Gallery: betty301
I went up 2 lbs after my UD and now I am back, just shy by .6

It will be nice to get past this point because I haven't been able to for the last 2 years.

I plan on taking a couple quick measurements here in a bit!

It's an UD for me but I promised I wouldn't go too crazy with the snack things this time.
betty301 is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 04:10 AM   #1090
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Cruzcrzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,023
Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
I went up 2 lbs after my UD and now I am back, just shy by .6

It will be nice to get past this point because I haven't been able to for the last 2 years.

I plan on taking a couple quick measurements here in a bit!

It's an UD for me but I promised I wouldn't go too crazy with the snack things this time.
Betty,

I am really enjoying watching your success with this plan!!!
Cruzcrzy is online now  
Old 10-28-2011, 04:34 AM   #1091
Senior LCF Member
 
betty301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 896
Gallery: betty301
Thank YOU!

I'm enjoying it too! I was soooo full on a DD yesterday..toooo many veggies. But too be full on so little calories is crazy.

I veggies!!

Can't wait to see what the two week mark will reveal.
betty301 is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 04:43 AM   #1092
Senior LCF Member
 
2muchme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: southwestern pa
Posts: 256
Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
Down another pound! I think I love this! UD for me and a wedding to go to. Yea!! Maybe even a bite of........wait for it......potatoes!! Wow! May I, please?! Oh, yes.

So, how am I doing? I'm in a great mood!! An Up Day in many ways!! I feel like dancing!
2muchme is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #1093
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Cruzcrzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,023
Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
Down another pound! I think I love this! UD for me and a wedding to go to. Yea!! Maybe even a bite of........wait for it......potatoes!! Wow! May I, please?! Oh, yes.

So, how am I doing? I'm in a great mood!! An Up Day in many ways!! I feel like dancing!
Woo-Hoo, celebrating with you!!! Have a fabulous time at the wedding
Cruzcrzy is online now  
Old 10-28-2011, 04:51 AM   #1094
Senior LCF Member
 
addict1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: at peace with myself
Posts: 133
Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
Hello all!

Here is my 1 week JUDDD check in :

I have had 4 DD and 3 UD.
Total weight loss is 3.5 lbs

I am pleased overall, but I need to make some adjustments because all of that was early on in the week. The last four days I maintained at 190.4 and today after a strict DD I am up .6 lbs



1. My last 2 (edit) UP days were way over the top in calories. I will be preplanning meals in the future.
2. I wasn't really sure of my UD calories. I have settled on 1800. I am almost 40. No regular exercise program...but not sedentary. I am 5'8.
3. I could be at a "suck" point. I weighed 190 for quite a while a few years back
4. I have added in carbs. I would like to stick to healthier ones...but on 2 UD I ate junk
5. I have removed fat in the form of HWC in my coffee.


I plan to move on to my second week with the only change being preplanning and sticking to UD meals.
__________________
Much love and many blessings to all of you!
Shelley

Last edited by addict1000; 10-28-2011 at 05:11 AM..
addict1000 is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 04:59 AM   #1095
Senior LCF Member
 
2muchme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: southwestern pa
Posts: 256
Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
Congrats, addicted one!!! Way to go!!! )
2muchme is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #1096
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Cruzcrzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,023
Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
Hello all!

Here is my 1 week JUDDD check in :

I have had 4 DD and 3 UD.
Total weight loss is 3.5 lbs

I am pleased overall, but I need to make some adjustments because all of that was early on in the week. The last four days I maintained at 190.4 and today after a strict DD I am up .6 lbs



1. My last 2 down days were way over the top in calories. I will be preplanning meals in the future.
2. I wasn't really sure of my UD calories. I have settled on 1800. I am almost 40. No regular exercise program...but not sedentary. I am 5'8.
3. I could be at a "suck" point. I weighed 190 for quite a while a few years back
4. I have added in carbs. I would like to stick to healthier ones...but on 2 UD I ate junk
5. I have removed fat in the form of HWC in my coffee.


I plan to move on to my second week with the only change being preplanning and sticking to UD meals.
Shelley,

WTG!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us the specifics. This is very helpful for all of us to see. Keep up the good work. I am so happy for you!
Cruzcrzy is online now  
Old 10-28-2011, 05:10 AM   #1097
Senior LCF Member
 
addict1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: at peace with myself
Posts: 133
Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
Thanks so much 2muchme!

I went potty again and that .6 came right off so really I lost 4 lbs!


but that proves that I have to be at a set point. I am again 190.4. It has been days of eating really high...eating really low..high fat times...high carb times...there was a bout of wheat induced bowels issues.....There was one day I drank a lot of wine and was dehydrated.

and never was there a change on the scale.

If I did not believe in set points before, I sure as heck do now!

I guess the only thing to do is keep on keepin on! I guess my weight has to change at some point
addict1000 is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 05:13 AM   #1098
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,884
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I'm up 2lbs, Chinese food & (homemade) pizza the last couple days plus my Lady Time started last night.

It's so funny how I've already gotten used to these lower weights and am disappointed not to be weighing less every day, but just 1 week ago I was ecstatic to be right around this weight! Do you know, I lived about 28-30 years without ever owning a scale? Ha!

Just going to stick to the plan and try to be patient the next few days, because pre-JUDDD, the only time I seemed to go down in weight was the week after TOM. So maybe when the TOM weight goes, it will take another pound or two with it! :fingers crossed:
__________________
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." --Ace Rimmer
"Really, how is eating a piece of cake bad? Being bad is murdering someone.
That's bad. Don't do that." --Sarah Michelle Gellar
****************************************
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-28-2011 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: grammar
piratejenny is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 05:25 AM   #1099
Senior LCF Member
 
avecrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 221
Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
214.8 today, same as 2 days ago. decided to move my scale up to a shelf and take it down to weigh instead of just having it around! proud that i didn't weigh at all yesterday, moving to weighing after every DD for a while, hoping to move to weighing once a week. i'm going up to my college today, and having 2 UD's with drinking in a row, so the scale will definitely be showing some damage when I get back on Monday, but I think it's worth it! I know I will be able to slip right back into the rotation
avecrain is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 05:30 AM   #1100
Senior LCF Member
 
betty301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 896
Gallery: betty301
Addict-
What is the one thing that sticks out the most to you that you feel needs more focus?
betty301 is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 05:39 AM   #1101
Senior LCF Member
 
addict1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: at peace with myself
Posts: 133
Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
Addict-
What is the one thing that sticks out the most to you that you feel needs more focus?
I have got to get my UD calories under control without a doubt. I am pretty confident that had my last 2 UDs been a crazy out of control mess, I would have already pushed past the set point.

In a way I should be grateful because maybe this set point was also keeping me from gaining when I probably should have.

I am rededicated in week 2 to learn how to do great UDs since I have the DD down pat.

Today is a MD though.
addict1000 is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 05:47 AM   #1102
Senior LCF Member
 
2muchme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: southwestern pa
Posts: 256
Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
Preplanning is VERY important, I think. I put In ****** everything I plan to eat at the wedding today (and drink). That way I know how much I can have for breakfast and lunch. This is just right up my ally though because I'm a "list" person. Everything is written down and planned. Neurotic? Yeah. But it's always worked for me. I know better than to leave me to my own devices!!! I can't be trusted.
2muchme is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #1103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Ragdoll24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,757
Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
First DD released the .8 that came on due to UD. Very pleased so far.
Ragdoll24 is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #1104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,313
Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
We having a standing dinner engagement with friends every Friday and usually, I make today an UD, but I'm trying to alter my schedule for every other week, so am attempting to make today a MD and fast for the entire day until dinner tonight.
I've already checked the online menu and my dinner shouldn't exceed 800-1000 calories.

I'm really wanting to have 4 DD @ week, but without the MD, I just don't see how I can do that.

Having 3 DD and 1 MD is easy, but I'd really want 4 DDs until I can shed about 7 more lbs.

Any input is welcomed!!
__________________
Gracie




Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #1105
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,879
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
We having a standing dinner engagement with friends every Friday and usually, I make today an UD, but I'm trying to alter my schedule for every other week, so am attempting to make today a MD and fast for the entire day until dinner tonight.
I've already checked the online menu and my dinner shouldn't exceed 800-1000 calories.

I'm really wanting to have 4 DD @ week, but without the MD, I just don't see how I can do that.

Having 3 DD and 1 MD is easy, but I'd really want 4 DDs until I can shed about 7 more lbs.

Any input is welcomed!!
If you have 3-1/2 Down Days and 3-1/2 Up Days each week, that adds up to your seven days in a single week. That's close to being *four* DDs. 3-1/2 is pretty darned close to 4. LOLOL

Now, the 1/2 of a day that is the DD, combined with the 1/2 of a day that is an UD, reveals it to be a Medium Day, so that's how you get your calories to turn out a 50/50 spread like this.

I sort of think that you will do yourself better in the long run if you don't focus too overly on calorie restriction beyond the 50/50 split. Less is not necessarily better when it comes to encouraging metabolic function, and in the long run.. that's what's going to burn calories on all of the Up and Down Days of our future lives. I think it's exciting that we have the possibility of encouraging our metabolisms to function a little bit better by not holding calories down any more than necessary, and at that same time, we can be losing weight just from the DDs that we hold to. It's just not necessary to go over on the DDs to lose the weight. Which sure makes me happy!

I think you will do great with JUDDD, and not have to do 4 DDs at all. I think doing just the 3-1/2 DDs will work wonderfully for you.
__________________
Best wishes, Pat
SoHappy is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #1106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,313
Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
If you have 3-1/2 Down Days and 3-1/2 Up Days each week, that adds up to your seven days in a single week. That's close to being *four* DDs. 3-1/2 is pretty darned close to 4. LOLOL

Now, the 1/2 of a day that is the DD, combined with the 1/2 of a day that is an UD, reveals it to be a Medium Day, so that's how you get your calories to turn out a 50/50 spread like this.

I sort of think that you will do yourself better in the long run if you don't focus too overly on calorie restriction beyond the 50/50 split. Less is not necessarily better when it comes to encouraging metabolic function, and in the long run.. that's what's going to burn calories on all of the Up and Down Days of our future lives. I think it's exciting that we have the possibility of encouraging our metabolisms to function a little bit better by not holding calories down any more than necessary, and at that same time, we can be losing weight just from the DDs that we hold to. It's just not necessary to go over on the DDs to lose the weight. Which sure makes me happy!

I think you will do great with JUDDD, and not have to do 4 DDs at all. I think doing just the 3-1/2 DDs will work wonderfully for you.
When logic fails me, along comes Pat!!!!!!

That makes so much sense, and makes me feel so much more relaxed........

Thank you, Pat!!!!
sazzie is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 07:09 AM   #1107
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Still holding to 148 after what felt like a luxurious UD yesterday (but then they all feel pretty sinful, lol). The scales wanted to stay at 147, but settled on 148 again. Hoping they will move down if I have a good DD today.
sophiethecat is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 07:14 AM   #1108
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,481
Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I'm up 2lbs, Chinese food & (homemade) pizza the last couple days plus my Lady Time started last night.

It's so funny how I've already gotten used to these lower weights and am disappointed not to be weighing less every day, but just 1 week ago I was ecstatic to be right around this weight! Do you know, I lived about 28-30 years without ever owning a scale? Ha!

Just going to stick to the plan and try to be patient the next few days, because pre-JUDDD, the only time I seemed to go down in weight was the week after TOM. So maybe when the TOM weight goes, it will take another pound or two with it! :fingers crossed:

Thanks for posting this PJ...I am up 2lbs too...after reaching goal last week...and having on plan DD's...yest was a DD..and I didnt lose a crumb!
I was so please to see that goal weight on the scales...then not to see it since has been so depressing!
I have stuck with my woe..not tried to maintain or anything
I did have signs of ovulation yesterday..so may have some bloat from that!
Your attitude is perfect, so i am gonna follow your example.

Being the obsessive type I have written all my weights etc on a calendar to look for patterns. mind you, this is only my second month on juddd..so not much of a pattern...

From what I see...I have a weird weight loss style...a good drop...a bounce back up..up, down, up down, maintain for a few days, and another drop!

Trouble is with me...once I see that new number...its MINE, and I am well annoyed when its gone before I have time to enjoy it!

Hows your muddding, going, btw?

hugs
Jo
x
__________________


"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 07:20 AM   #1109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,313
Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll24 View Post
First DD released the .8 that came on due to UD. Very pleased so far.
Barbara, I am so happy that your first experience with JUDD was a successful one!

Isn't JUDD simply amazing?! To think how we deprived ourselves for so long, and now it's......freedom, sweet freedom!!!
sazzie is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 07:22 AM   #1110
Blabbermouth!!!
 
paulabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,544
Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Trouble is with me...once I see that new number...its MINE, and I am well annoyed when its gone before I have time to enjoy it!
I completely sympathize with that! I hit 127 the second day of TOM three weeks ago, and have ranged from 127.8 - 131.4 ever since! Would love to see that number again soon, but don't think I can expect a 2.4 drop overnight, when I haven't dropped a pound since Tuesday? Or maybe the WHOOSH fairy will come along and hit all of us maintainers who want to be losers!
paulabob is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.