Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 AM   #1051
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I think it is great that we can eat like this and lose or maintain!
Me too!

Congrats on the losses, all who lost! I love to read this thread first thing and see the progress.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 06:46 AM   #1052
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LaurieKeren
Stats: 198.6/191.4/120
WOE: moderate low carb; healthy food choices
Start Date: 05/27/2014 (this time, haha)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
8 lbs is whooo hoooo!!!!!

I also have a pair of pants - my goal pants - that I hope to be able to fit into better in the next week or two. I can fit into them, button and zip them, but they are still a little tight when I sit. I want to wear them more comfortably.

KUTGW!
Well, I've got them on right now! I decided to try them on again, and they are a little tight around my mongo huge thighs (I'm all thighs, sigh), but I'm so sick of those other two pants, I don't care! I'm wearing them today!

Goal Met!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #1053
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
i've decided not to "count" post UD weigh-ins for a while, in the hopes that i will actually start only weighing every other day, in the hopes that i can move to only weighing once a week. this is the first time i've ever owned a scale and it's just so darn addicting!

but to be honest part of the reason i decided to do this *today* was that either the food i ate yesterday was 7000 calories more than i thought it was or i'm holding onto some serious water. ugh. DD today, not feeling the slightest bit hungry now at 10, so gonna hold off eating for a while.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #1054
Blabbermouth!!!

Still hanging in at 148. But I've been hungrier than usual the last couple days. Probably holding onto some extra fluids too. It's getting close to that TOM, so I'll blame it on that
Old 10-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #1055
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Queenie324
Stats: 249.9/194/150 5'7
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 10/18/11
I know we all do things differently, but I would honestly go crazy if I weighed myself every single day.

I weigh myself once a week, first thing Monday morning. I cannot imagine being down .5 lbs this morning, up 1 lb tomorrow morning....that would make me cry lol.

I feel when I lose in my clothes.....and I'm just thankful that 1) I don't own a scale and 2) I don't want to weigh any more then once a week.

Isn't it torture for your mind at times? I know it would be for me and I'm not judging anyone, it would just send me over the edge and affect my mood on a daily basis.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. - Phillippians 4:13

I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #1056
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
Stats: 154/139/130 - 6 # lost on JUDDD
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
I'm sure it's probably better to weigh only once a week - I keep reading this everywhere. Takes into account water weight and any daily fluctuations.

I'm just not strong enough. If I don't weigh daily, my imagination gets the best of me. I can rationalize with the best of them if I find a gained pound but just can't stand not knowing!!! Yeah, I'm weak!! Oh, well.....
Old 10-27-2011, 08:23 AM   #1057
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Good Morning ALL! Down another .2 pounds and I'm thinking I'm just going to keep going and lose another pound to make my maintenance weight 135. After all the stress this week I'm just TOTALLY amazed that I didn't gain, and wasn't hungry like I thought I would be! I just LOVE JUDDD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
This was by far the hardest DD I've had. I kept feeling hungry... Im thinking maybe Im going to wake up to a big loss tomorrow. Maybe just wishful thinking lol. I made it thru though and cant wait for a wonderful UD tomorrow. YaY
They DO get easier, I swear and remember it's eating most if not all of those UD calories that really help those DDs! I'm for a Whoosh for you, Deb!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Nice drop after my DD. I know I won't hold onto all of it, but, am going to try to hold onto some of it. We'll see how my up day today goes.
WTG, Cruz....hope it sticks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
No drop since Tuesday morning. I'm a little frustrated, but I did have a lot of sodium yesterday on my DD, so maybe it will show today.

I did measure my waist this morning cause I felt thinner, and it was 1/4 inch smaller than Saturday. That sounds like nothing, but it's huge to me, as I've only lost two inches in my waist in the last 10 months! So something's happening, even if the scale is being a weenie head!
Inches matter as much and sometimes more than the number on the scale. I have lost inches without that scale moving for days, so take heart, you ARE losing!!

[quote=LaurieKeren;15125549]So, I started back on the "I gotta lose my weight...again" wagon for exactly 1 month ago. The first two weeks were low carb, and the last two weeks were JUDDD.

Honestly, even though I lost weight during those first two weeks, I really wasn't doing a good job of low carbing, lol. Once I heard about JUDDD, I figured it would be great, since it didn't look like I was ever going to fully re-commit to low carb, anyway.

I'm down 8 lbs for the month! Woo Hoo!

Of course, it feels like the scale is moving so slowly that it isn't moving at all. But, I know that is just me being silly when I think that way. The scale IS moving, and 8 lbs is great! I just really want to fit into my next size down pants, and I can't yet. That is actually my real goal at the moment...to fit into those pants. I'm sick of the 2 pair that fit me right now, and I'm NOT going to buy more at this size (or any size bigger, which was going to have to happen if I didn't do something when I finally did).[QUOTE] Slow or fast, small or large any loss it a GOOD loss!! You will be in those pants before you know it, have faith!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
well, my birthday "DD" turned U/MD didn't hurt too bad...was only up 0.6. today is typically an UD, but i am not going to do 3 UDs in a row!! so today i WILL do a D/MD...or, not quite a DD. and tomorrow back to my scheduled DD.

today, instead of IF like i normally do on a DD, i will have a very light lunch and a light supper. tomorrow, back to IF with a small supper.
Sounds like a wonderful birthday and so glad you got to enjoy it! Heck, I gain as much and sometimes more every other day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
Here is where I stand on my weightloss.

I have not lost in the past 3 days (UD DD UD)
I know it is most likely because my UD are way over the top.

Gotta figure out how to manage those. I am thinking that maybe I will plan them out more like I do my DD and stick too it.

Yesterday I ate pizza and my intestines are not happy today. Why did I eat that wheat?
It's really important to try to stay below or right at those UD cals for this plan to work. Way over or way under does something to the way JUDDD works and it just stalls out or we gain. The science is exactly that, science and it needs to be done as suggested for it to work it's magic! And wheat CAN be a killer for lots of people and maybe the reason you are not losing because it's causing you to hold onto water, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
Down .6 after a very low DD yesterday. My veggie soup I made really filled me up so I ended up only eating 337 calories. Today I have some corn chowder and spinach dip planned on my UD (that is the fun part of this WOE )

anyways that is a total of 2.4 pounds down since i started on the 17th. so seems like even though i am losing i am a very slow loser.

probably will gain back some of the losee today from ud, or maybe i will be lucky and just hold steady.
Slow, fast, small, large, any loss is a GOOD loss! And think about this: 2.4 pounds in 10 days? THAT is amazing when your really think about it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
Today I feel strong and determined! Lost one pound......However, this could still be the same 1-2 pounds I've been playing with for the past month or two. Once I'm down BELOW my plateau weight, that's when I'll let myself get excited. So far, strong and determined is a pretty good way to feel. This is, after all, only my second DD ever.

Patience, my dear......
OK, so you have been on JUDDD for 3 days? If I'm correct here you have lost 1 pound in 3 days, and THAT is not something to sneeze at!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieKeren View Post
Well, I've got them on right now! I decided to try them on again, and they are a little tight around my mongo huge thighs (I'm all thighs, sigh), but I'm so sick of those other two pants, I don't care! I'm wearing them today!

Goal Met!
WTG!! Isn't this a great day for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avecrain View Post
i've decided not to "count" post UD weigh-ins for a while, in the hopes that i will actually start only weighing every other day, in the hopes that i can move to only weighing once a week. this is the first time i've ever owned a scale and it's just so darn addicting!

but to be honest part of the reason i decided to do this *today* was that either the food i ate yesterday was 7000 calories more than i thought it was or i'm holding onto some serious water. ugh. DD today, not feeling the slightest bit hungry now at 10, so gonna hold off eating for a while.
Weigh the way you feel comfortable and enpowered by! It's what works for YOU and that is all that matters! And the longer you do JUDDD the more you will feel that "not hungry" feeling! It's really a great thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie324 View Post
I know we all do things differently, but I would honestly go crazy if I weighed myself every single day.

I weigh myself once a week, first thing Monday morning. I cannot imagine being down .5 lbs this morning, up 1 lb tomorrow morning....that would make me cry lol.

I feel when I lose in my clothes.....and I'm just thankful that 1) I don't own a scale and 2) I don't want to weigh any more then once a week.

Isn't it torture for your mind at times? I know it would be for me and I'm not judging anyone, it would just send me over the edge and affect my mood on a daily basis.
I weigh everyday to keep myself honest and on track if I need to tweak, subtract, add, combine, or figure out my "problem" foods. This helps me to see an issue BEFORE it gets too out of hand. This is what works for me, and I totally understand that if wouldn't work for others.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 10-27-2011 at 08:25 AM..
Old 10-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #1058
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Started JUDDD yesterday afternoon with an UD

Yesterday was the end of P2 hCG RX VLCD. Decided to jump right into JUDDD without doing P3.
My LDW was 127.2 lbs.
UD calories was a little over 2000 cals.
Scale up almost 1 lb.
Today is DD and I'm planning on 400 to 500 calories
We'll see what results of DD are tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #1059
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieKeren View Post
So, I started back on the "I gotta lose my weight...again" wagon for exactly 1 month ago. The first two weeks were low carb, and the last two weeks were JUDDD.

Honestly, even though I lost weight during those first two weeks, I really wasn't doing a good job of low carbing, lol. Once I heard about JUDDD, I figured it would be great, since it didn't look like I was ever going to fully re-commit to low carb, anyway.

I'm down 8 lbs for the month! Woo Hoo!

Of course, it feels like the scale is moving so slowly that it isn't moving at all. But, I know that is just me being silly when I think that way. The scale IS moving, and 8 lbs is great! I just really want to fit into my next size down pants, and I can't yet. That is actually my real goal at the moment...to fit into those pants. I'm sick of the 2 pair that fit me right now, and I'm NOT going to buy more at this size (or any size bigger, which was going to have to happen if I didn't do something when I finally did).
Yay!!! Eight pounds is awesome! Especially when you consider that you were only kinda so-so on LC the first two weeks. You still lost 2 pounds a week!! That's fab! KUTGW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
Here is where I stand on my weightloss.

I have not lost in the past 3 days (UD DD UD)
I know it is most likely because my UD are way over the top.

Gotta figure out how to manage those. I am thinking that maybe I will plan them out more like I do my DD and stick too it.

Yesterday I ate pizza and my intestines are not happy today. Why did I eat that wheat?
I KWYM about UDs getting away from you...the first time I did JUDDD (in the spring) I really struggled with them. Like, where do I draw the line? Now, I've found that it REALLY helps if I plan out at least the first half of my UD in my tracker app. That way, I can plan out snacks and work them in, knowing how they affect my total calories for the day, but then I can also see how much I still have left for the evening. Plugging in everything I eat after the fact is NOT the way to go for me, because by that point it's already too late if I've gone over...can't undo what I've already put in my mouth. Yanno?

I hope that made sense, lol!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Old 10-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #1060
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
I'm really watching my sodium on UP days until I get the hang of it, just to see how my metabolism responds to the added calories.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #1061
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I weigh in for the same reasons as Beeb. I don't let the number make or break my day though!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #1062
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll24 View Post
Yesterday was the end of P2 hCG RX VLCD. Decided to jump right into JUDDD without doing P3.
My LDW was 127.2 lbs.
UD calories was a little over 2000 cals.
Scale up almost 1 lb.
Today is DD and I'm planning on 400 to 500 calories
We'll see what results of DD are tomorrow.
Barbara, I'm so excited for you! Up less than a lb. for over 2000 calories is excellent. You're going to do just fine!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I'm really watching my sodium on UP days until I get the hang of it, just to see how my metabolism responds to the added calories.
Dottie, if I have to watch anything, it's the sodium. It does me more harm than starchy carbs or even sugar, for that matter. It's especially difficult because I crave salty/crunchy!
Your test to see if the added calories while watching the sodium is something I will be following.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #1063
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: catkin
Stats: Made Goal! 132 lbs.
WOE: hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Your numbers have got to be right around in here somewhere close!

And there's naturally going to be some see-sawing of a person's weight.. a bit up, a bit down, as the days go by. Ya' eat some ham. It's up. Ya' eat some cukes. It's down. That sort of thing. Things as simple as how large was your last night's supper. And is it still with you! LOL

If we were all skinny people and never thought to step on a scale because.. why would we?.. then we'd also be see-sawing in weight, but we'd never know about it or worry about it. Overall it would just be remaining in the general area, and we'd be off living our lives.

I think you're getting close to being right at that point.

Wow isn't this the simple truth! Thanks for that gem! Because of you, Beeb, Marie and others I'm really considering JUDDD for my Lifetime WOE!
I'm just coming off my last Phase 2 of hhcg and am so near goal. I thought it'd be 135ish but really had no idea where I would land. Still don't--considering I still have to complete Phases 3 & 4 of Simeons Protocol.

Thanks for being the incredible teacher/voice of reason that you are here on this forum!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #1064
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkin View Post
Wow isn't this the simple truth! Thanks for that gem! Because of you, Beeb, Marie and others I'm really considering JUDDD for my Lifetime WOE!
I'm just coming off my last Phase 2 of hhcg and am so near goal. I thought it'd be 135ish but really had no idea where I would land. Still don't--considering I still have to complete Phases 3 & 4 of Simeons Protocol.

Thanks for being the incredible teacher/voice of reason that you are here on this forum!
Catkin! Hope to see a lot more of you here! I think you would love JUDDD for your lifetime woe! That's what many of us came here to find.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #1065
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Catkin and so glad I could help you think about coming over to the "Dark Side" as we JUDDD BUDDDs call it!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #1066
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
I am so happy to see all the ones losing!
I however am so scared to step on the scale, think I am going to wait a while..
Cause if I see it go up I wont give this WOE a chance, or my body time to adjust.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #1067

Gallery: catkin
Stats: Made Goal! 132 lbs.
WOE: hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Catkin! Hope to see a lot more of you here! I think you would love JUDDD for your lifetime woe! That's what many of us came here to find.
Thanks sophiecat! The more I read the more I like the concept! I especially like hearing how the sugar cravings sort of just go away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Catkin and so glad I could help you think about coming over to the "Dark Side" as we JUDDD BUDDDs call it!
You mean dark meat turkey and chicken, dark chocolate? My faves are dark! Thanks for the
warm s!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #1068
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by joflora View Post
I am so happy to see all the ones losing!
I however am so scared to step on the scale, think I am going to wait a while..
Cause if I see it go up I wont give this WOE a chance, or my body time to adjust.
me too. it will be hard though, because i am addicted to the scale! i haven't weighed since monday (when I started) and hoping to wait at least another week before i get on!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #1069
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Me, too. I had a 1.5lb loss from yesterday's down day and I'm scared to step on the scale tomorrow lol.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #1070
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: songbird82
Stats: 157.5/142/132 5'5.5"
WOE: Hhcg/JUDD
Start Date: September 2011
Well, after a feast of an UD yesterday, I'm up a pound!
I'm not completely surprised, but I'd really like to start seeing the scale go the other way! Today is my second DD, so I'm determined to be good! I woke up hungry, and so far have had coffee and a small bowl of steel cut oatmeal. I feel pretty good..hopefully it's not too hungry of a day!

~Maudie
Old 10-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #1071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
maudie....that's one thing with JUDDD you have to change your thinking in. it really is a plan that you have to look at a weekly comparison of weight. meaning, it's completely normal to see an uptick on the scale after an UD. i do after every UD. then on my DD it's back down. the trick is to pick a day, mine is saturdays. ONLY THAT DAY's weight matters to me. so i compare my saturday's weights and disregard the weights throughout the week as far as tracking my progress.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #1072

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Down .2 this morning.

DD was easy, one soya late at about 11 am. 100 grams shrimp at 5 pm,followed by some sugar free jello and greek yogurt. Bowl of my veggie soup at 10pm.

453 calories
Old 10-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #1073
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Down .2 this morning.

DD was easy, one soya late at about 11 am. 100 grams shrimp at 5 pm,followed by some sugar free jello and greek yogurt. Bowl of my veggie soup at 10pm.

453 calories
You're your DD!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #1074
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
me too. it will be hard though, because i am addicted to the scale! i haven't weighed since monday (when I started) and hoping to wait at least another week before i get on!
I am going back to lc style and doing JUDDD that way..The scale is freaking me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Me, too. I had a 1.5lb loss from yesterday's down day and I'm scared to step on the scale tomorrow lol.
It takes time for you or our bodies to adjust..I know that, but I am just to nervous eating anything within my calorie range.
I feel you on being scared about the weighing in ha ha..Cause I was too.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #1075
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie324 View Post

OMG YES!!!! I could of wrote all this. I HAVE To stay off the scale, it is driving me NUTS!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #1076
Major LCF Poster!

I was down .2 this morning. I was hoping for more but arent we always lol. Hey if I continually lose it will all add up and I get to eat
Had a great UD as usual. I need to really think about what I want my menu to be tomorrow. I want to plan it out.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #1077
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I was down .2 this morning. I was hoping for more but arent we always lol. Hey if I continually lose it will all add up and I get to eat
Had a great UD as usual. I need to really think about what I want my menu to be tomorrow. I want to plan it out.
We'll be DD'g it together!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #1078

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
OMG YES!!!! I could of wrote all this. I HAVE To stay off the scale, it is driving me NUTS!!!
Debbie, give it just a bit. I know it's driving you crazy, and if you don't experience some weight loss in a little bit longer, we'll start exploring more things, and go back to re-examine the calorie numbers, once again, but so often we gain some water weight before we begin to see loss on the scale start in again.

We'll certainly make it work for you. There are so many here who will help. Hang in there!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #1079
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Debbie, give it just a bit. I know it's driving you crazy, and if you don't experience some weight loss in a little bit longer, we'll start exploring more things, and go back to re-examine the calorie numbers, once again, but so often we gain some water weight before we begin to see loss on the scale start in again.

We'll certainly make it work for you. There are so many here who will help. Hang in there!
Thanks Pat, Im not worried I know you guys know what your doing. As we do figure it out Im just going to enjoy the ride. I have always been a slow loser I think due to my thyroid but... I always want to get in a hurry and want it NOW
Old 10-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #1080

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Thanks Pat, Im not worried I know you guys know what your doing. As we do figure it out Im just going to enjoy the ride. I have always been a slow loser I think due to my thyroid but... I always want to get in a hurry and want it NOW
Well, that keeps us MOT A VAT ED! Nothing wrong with wanting it in a hurry.
Closed Thread