Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 05:23 AM   #781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
as i suspected up 2.6 after my UD day with sugary treats. but's it's ok...i know it will come off. MD today.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 10-23-2011 at 05:24 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 AM   #782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Still down .4lbs after my pig-out!
And my blood sugar was decent this morning.
Weird...although I don't plan to add white bread back into every UD,
my body seems to be handling carbs much better with this WOE.

Thought about it some more, and I actually went from 8pm to 6 or 7pm the next day on only 300 calories.

Dottie, I'm sure you'll see some changes soon!
It took me about 10 days; I had a really hard time with my 1st few DDs...but even doing them at around 50% rather than 35-20%, I've started losing weight!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #783
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
My weight stayed *exactly the same* after my UD.
Will be interesting to see if it changes tomorrow!

Pat- I intentionally don't eat until later in the day.(lunchtime?) I'd rather have a few bigger meals than several small ones.

On my gym days though, I'll have a whey shake or some greek yogurt before hand. I've just never been a big breakfast person

I made up the cals and had a big dinner last night! Even food I'd be strict about and don't ever have. Like a pudding cup and graham crackers for dessert(cheesecake wasn't ready) Who IS THIS person???

If anything at least I know I can eat those foods without my weight flying up. But I'd still prefer to stick to my healthy food and only include treats every once in awhile. Food freedom is awesome but I don't want to push it just yet.

steady as she goes!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #784
Senior LCF Member

I was wondering how your signigficant others think of eating this way?

I've been on extreme diets before where basically everyday was a DD and made eating with my family next to impossible

Which is why I really like this WOE. Today will be my first DD on a Sunday where I typically make a nice family meal. We'll see how it goes!

Also, what is a MD?? And where do I read about it?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:44 AM   #785
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post

Thought about it some more, and I actually went from 8pm to 6 or 7pm the next day on only 300 calories.

It took me about 10 days; I had a really hard time with my 1st few DDs...but even doing them at around 50% rather than 35-20%, I've started losing weight!

It IS amazing to find we have had a fab UD...and maintained our losses! And the better the UD..it seems the easier the DD's get.

They are hard at first...and occasional I still have a white knuckle one...but I have learned that hunger comes in waves....I can usually ride that wave out with a hot drink, or very small snack. I think I was SCARED of feeling hunger..esp after low carb....but , like most fears...live through it, survive...and the fear is a lot less!

Hugs
Jo
x

I am so pleased that juddd is working for you!

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 10-23-2011, 05:57 AM   #786
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
emky, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed like crazy for JUDDD to help your skin issues. If it can clear up asthma symptoms for folks who have gasped and fought that for the years of their lives, it obviously changes us in some powerfully good ways.

Remember to let us know a few weeks down the road if you think it's helping.
I have asthma too- gawd, I'm a freaking wreck! It would be *so* nice to cut out some of the pills I have to take in the morning just so I can function like a "normal" person: Advair for otherwise uncontrollable asthma, Wellbutrin for depression, Antibiotics (in pill and gel form) for acne, Vitamin D for a D deficiency, and the occasional Xanax for anxiety. I also have to take extra Magnesium so that I don't get painful cramps in my legs at night.

But yeah, I will absolutely keep you all posted about my skin's progress (or lack thereof)
Old 10-23-2011, 05:59 AM   #787
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Down another 3/4 of a lb today. I made goal yesterday...goal was 135..and I weighed in at 134.5.

This morning I was 133.75. Yesterday should have been an UD though...but turned into a MD...as I was stressed and didnt feel like eating (not my usual setting!)

Will see if todays UD puts me back up a little.

I am planning to stick with a good UD/DD cycle, at similar UD cals as I am now...and a few more on DD's ..for the next few days.

Then I will go back to the Juddd calculator to see what my maintainence cals will be!

I am determined to get this maintainence thing right...I never have before!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-23-2011, 06:15 AM   #788
Senior LCF Member

I dream of maintaining one day. But that just means same habits everyday for a long long time.

Fat loss seems like it's more fun as much of PITA as it can be.

It's all about the Journey!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:20 AM   #789
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
^^^Way to go Joedi!

So, I woke up this morning to find that after my DD yesterday (370 calories) and a MD the day before, I am back up to almost my starting weight on JUDDD. I am not freaking out though, because it's that time of the month; it's usual for me to gain 3-4 lbs of water weight.

Yesterday I averaged the calories I logged over the course of August. During this time I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain any either. The number came out to be almost 1700 exactly. So, that must be the number of calories I can eat to expect to maintain my current weight. 1700 x 2= 3400 calories every two days.

Knowing this, I decided lessen my UD calories to 1700 while keeping my DD cals at 500. 1700 + 500 = 2200 calories every two days. Over the course of 7 days (not taking in to consideration a MD, which I might not do unless necessary), that would result in a net loss of 4200 calories from what is needed for me to maintain on a weekly basis.

Hopefully this will speed my weight loss up a little. I would take a bit away from the DD's instead of the UD's, but I usually clock in at <400 calories on DD's anyway. I just like the "safety net" of saying 500 for DDs.

Last edited by emky; 10-23-2011 at 06:21 AM..
Old 10-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #790
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Up 1.6 (129.4) expected that. Another Up Day, so might be up a bit tomorrow too. Going to really try to keep clean down/up days this week, because the week following is going to have some crazy busy work days, will be working at home 6-10 as well for most of the week.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #791
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/156/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/
I have learned that hunger comes in waves....I can usually ride that wave out with a hot drink, or very small snack. I think I was SCARED of feeling hunger..esp after low carb....but , like most fears...live through it, survive...and the fear is a lot less!-Joedi quote.

I am not so afrid of hunger as much as when my blood sugar levels plummet and I get that shakey-light headed feeling. That's my dread on DDs. Basic hunger I can manage-most of the time especially when I know what's next is there.

Marie, I go to my gym 2 or 3 times a week and do the elliptical. I have had several bouts with plantar fasciitis and walking is out for now. Oh, surgery-I had lipo with a hysterectomy 8 years ago and lost 7 fast ones but I regained it because I abused eating. However, my body still looks better than before. Hope it goes well.

Psalm 62:5
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:42 AM   #792
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
My first up day, still a little below the calories it suggests.

B: coffee w/coconut milk and coconut oil(x2); bacon, egg and cheese flax muffin (2 large eggs, 2.5T flax meal, 2 slices chopped bacon, 1/2oz 2% sharp cheddar cheese)
Snack: ˝ an avocado
D: chicken salad w/chicken breast, apple, walnuts, mayo, mustard and celery
S: chuck roast; boiled radishes w/ a little ghee; salad w/balsamic and evoo
1769 cals; 44g carbs; 20g fiber; 102g protein

I was at the same weight this morning, but it's a set-point for me and I'm guessing it's going to take a few days (a week?) of cycling to fix my several weeks of too-low-calorie eating. I'm patient lol.
Enjoy your Up Day, Dottie. I found after awhile, that I got over my feeling of needing to cram all the *good stuff* into each UD, and could just relax and make each one a rich, nourishing, rewarding normal day of my life. So whether its a party or home for supper with DH, I enjoy it but no longer feel the need to go crazy.

Your menu looks like you have that completely under control right from the start. Lovely menu. (I'm especially partial to chicken salad with apples and walnuts too. I've never put the mustard in it though.. just a bit of Miracle Whip for that slight tang that's so nice. I'll try a bit with mustard sometime and see how I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I am up after my UD, but, this is a very typical weight for me, so I am fine. Stats to the left. My goal is for today to be a DD. I have no problem with my UD/DD every other day when dh is not home, lol.
Just wanted to say I agree that it's easier around here if DH is away from the house for a good chunk of the day too. He's more liable to come puttering around the kitchen looking for a snack, and that puts the thought into my head when I wasn't even thinking of it at all. But I him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1annewil View Post
Up a little after an awesome UD. I will do a MD as daughter from school is home for the weekend and I got up early to make us eggplant parm for after church. Will be careful afterwards (I hope). Marie, thanks for all your encouagement-you're where I want to be weight-wise. Hope all have a great Judd day. What's not to love about this-like others have said-I can have my cake-tomorrow-if I want it-and I wanted it yesterday. 154.6 lbs.
Having a MD today while your daughter is here sounds perfect. And eggplant parmigiana sounds wonderful. Have a nice day today and enjoy your DD's visit home. It's fun, isn't it. I miss my girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I am having some cosmetic surgery(tummy tuck/lipo, breast lift) next month which will take some weight off me. I suspect 8-10 pounds more, and I am a little nervous about maintaining, but, know with JUDDD I can. I just won't get as many calories.
I'm pretty excited about this for you. You are going to be the JUDDD BUDDD's guinea pig for the procedures, and I know you will be thrilled with your results. I really envy you just making the decision to do this for yourself, and that is that!

I never thought about the possibility of needing to eat just a few calories less to maintain the new smaller you that will result. That's going to be interesting.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:44 AM   #793
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Yesterday was a MD (a little higher then I wanted) but I ate my last meal at just before 5pm and didn't eat much more so I think that helped. I was a little hungry, but was tired enough that I could go to bed no problem.

Weighed in 1.2 lbs lighter then yesterday after a DD so I recovered a bit. I am still 1.2 lbs up from my lightest weight this week but still puts me in at 1.6 lbs since monday.

Tomorrow is my official weigh in day that I record, so even though today is an UD I am going to try to eat very cleanly and healthy.

We are heading to the San Diego Zoo so I anticipate alot of walking. I have packed some healthy snacks and sandwiches for me and the kids. I might allow us to have a treat to share like some popcorn or churro. We will see.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:06 AM   #794

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
as i suspected up 2.6 after my UD day with sugary treats. but's it's ok...i know it will come off. MD today.
Isn't it nice to get to the point where we don't Freak Out by water weight gain from enjoying a few more carbs occasionally, and all the occasional big weight fluctuations from this way of eating. Frankly, I'm glad you guys had such a fun time, and you got to have a bit of the sugary treats! Through all times and parts of the world, celebrating the events in our families lives have included feasts, and that included some sweets. Glad you got to participate!

Quote:

This is a great report. I'm always really interested in how each new JUDDDer experiences the results of this way of eating. And based on what calorie percentages they are able to do. As we go along, most of us can lower those DD calories for even better and faster results, but I'm always excited to see benefit popping up very quickly even with more modest cuts on DDs.

I've read on the subject for so long, it's wonderful to see us experiencing some of the benefits in our own lives, and while the weight loss is great stuff, I'm really more excited about the positive health benefits folks report.

I think you are off to a great start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
My weight stayed *exactly the same* after my UD.
Will be interesting to see if it changes tomorrow!

Pat- I intentionally don't eat until later in the day.(lunchtime?) I'd rather have a few bigger meals than several small ones.

On my gym days though, I'll have a whey shake or some greek yogurt before hand. I've just never been a big breakfast person

I made up the cals and had a big dinner last night! Even food I'd be strict about and don't ever have. Like a pudding cup and graham crackers for dessert(cheesecake wasn't ready) Who IS THIS person???

If anything at least I know I can eat those foods without my weight flying up. But I'd still prefer to stick to my healthy food and only include treats every once in awhile. Food freedom is awesome but I don't want to push it just yet.

steady as she goes!
Aaaccckkk! Cheesecake wasn't ready yet? I'd have probably eaten it with a spoon! Nice that your weight stayed the same after an UD. Ya' just never know what to expert on this eating plan. LOL Maybe it'll be up. Maybe down. Place your bets, Folks. Have a great day.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:10 AM   #795
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
I am down to my lowest weight 191.2. after 2 UD and 1 DD
Still high but lower YAY

I've got a coffee solution for my DD...life is good

Yay for all of you with losses. Yay for those with gains that you don't have to be in freak out mode

I am grateful to all of you posting so that I can watch and learn
Old 10-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #796

Quote:

I've been on extreme diets before where basically everyday was a DD and made eating with my family next to impossible

Which is why I really like this WOE. Today will be my first DD on a Sunday where I typically make a nice family meal. We'll see how it goes!

I agree with you that this is a really easy way to *diet* and live a pretty normal life as regards food and meals. At our home, DH gets his regular meals, and on my DDs, I often have a tiny bit of some item he's having, like I'll weigh out a few ounces of the chicken meat, and then he eats the sides with his chicken, and I put the chicken an a big salad for myself. If we're going to go out to eat, he's fine with doing it on my UDs, and completely understands my restraint on DDs, and supports me.

And a MD is a Medium Day... calories that are midway between your UD and DD numbers. Right in the middle. So if you want to make every week have the same Ups and Downs landing on the same days, you can design that week with 3 UDs and 3 DDs and 1 MD. Seven days, always landing on the same days of each week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post

It IS amazing to find we have had a fab UD...and maintained our losses! And the better the UD..it seems the easier the DD's get.

They are hard at first...and occasional I still have a white knuckle one...but I have learned that hunger comes in waves....I can usually ride that wave out with a hot drink, or very small snack. I think I was SCARED of feeling hunger..esp after low carb....but , like most fears...live through it, survive...and the fear is a lot less!
I find your comment about believing you feared the feeling of hunger to be very interesting. Someone recently posted about that in the Main Lobby, declaring that they hated the very feeling of being hungry, and I thought at the time that this is perhaps one of the reasons a lot of us ended up here! Heaven forbid that we should ever be hungry for a little bit without being able to immediately shovel something into the maw to quiet the feeling!

But I'd got to that point too, where if I was *a little bit hungry* I'd find myself rummaging through the cupboards or the refrigerator.

When I was a little kid so long ago, I remember we'd say, "Mama, I'm hunnnggggrrreeeyyy....." and the mamas would all say, "Well, supper will be in an hour! Go play!" and we just waited until suppertime. Or maybe we'd be given an apple to tide us over. But being hungry wasn't some horror to have to escape by stuffing something into our mouths fast.

But here's JUDDD, and after awhile, my feelings of appetite and hunger have moderated. JUDDD seems to have returned me to a more normal appetite response to food. No longer raging. No longer compulsive. No longer having to eat, eat, eat immediately in response to feeling a bit hungry. Big sigh of relief here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
I have asthma too- gawd, I'm a freaking wreck! It would be *so* nice to cut out some of the pills I have to take in the morning just so I can function like a "normal" person: Advair for otherwise uncontrollable asthma, Wellbutrin for depression, Antibiotics (in pill and gel form) for acne, Vitamin D for a D deficiency, and the occasional Xanax for anxiety. I also have to take extra Magnesium so that I don't get painful cramps in my legs at night.

But yeah, I will absolutely keep you all posted about my skin's progress (or lack thereof)
I'm pretty excited to think that you may very well be needing that Advair a whole lot less after awhile on JUDDD. It's been mentioned over and over again that this eating plan is very, very beneficial for people on asthma! I'll really be looking forward to your report that symptoms are greatly diminished for you!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #797
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Morning ladies! Everyone sounds so great! Congratulations on your reports!

I had a good UD yesterday. Yes it really was my UD. LOL. We were supposed to go to dinner with friends and I felt too bad to do it so we had to cancel. Instead, I just dug out old frozen food from long, long, long ago. LOL! TG for vacuum seal bags!

I had a HUGE breakfast yesterday and was stuffed until dinner. Then got hungry at midnight and had 2 Wasa crackers with turkey, cheese and mayo! LOL! I thought for sure I would be up today but thankfully some of my fluid must be coming back off. God I hate steroids and taxol (chemo). But I'm so fortunate. My doc said most patients gain 20lbs during chemo or more sometimes...and not only did I NOT gain 20lbs, I lost 20lbs!

My UD cals that I've randomly chosen right now are UD 1400cals and DD 500cals. I will have to stop JUDDDing next Tuesday assuming that's my surgery date (Nov 1). And won't be able to JUDDD while recovering or during radiation (they want you to stay the same weight each week cuz of the radiation dose is calculated by your body weight/mass). But the good news is that I know after these last two days that JUDDD DOES still make me feel better and that I have the will power to have alternating caloric load days.

I'm still kinda uncertain where to post menus. I'm just doing screen captures to make it easier for me. So I will post my menu on the Daily Menu thread here on JUDDD.

Thanks ladies!

Oh I forgot! JUDDD really did make my asthma very manageable!!! And helped control the mucus monster I seem to live with! So I can't wait for that to happen again!!! I hope you feel that way too.

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13

Last edited by pooticus; 10-23-2011 at 07:37 AM..
Old 10-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #798
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Congrats Joedi on reaching goal!!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #799
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:

I will be interested in ALL your progress then, and this woe has helped people with asthma in studies. Hope you get better and better as you go!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #800
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Me too!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:32 AM   #801
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm pretty much back up to where I started when I began JUDDD on Oct. 12 - 150# Well, that's what the scale said with my clothes on, and it's probably close enough...

If you saw my other thread about figuring out what caused my stall and weight gain back from 147# up to 150# on JUDDD - I went overboard on calories on my UD to see how far I could push it and still lose. I found I can go 100 calories over what the JUDDD calculator gives me, but above that, there will be a creeping weight gain.

I knew I was overdoing it and asking for trouble, but I just had to see what I could get away with or not (it's my personality)... I was confused too because different calculators were giving me less than JUDDD and more than the JUDDD one, but now I've got a great idea of how many I can eat. Yes, I could have a bacon egg and cheese biscuit and hash browns, but better skip the cinnamon melt in the same day (or at least the same meal!) Yes, I can have two glasses of wine, but better stop there.

One thing that made it difficult coming to this from LC was that if I ate the old way I did on LC I never would have reached the 1700 - 1800 calories I needed because my appetite would be suppressed at much less (yet I was losing soooo slow on LC). So I was a little worried about getting those calories in, and started adding extra things I don't normally add just to make sure, such as cream in coffee. I like it black, but the cream was giving me over 200 calories, so there's something I can cut out right there and save for something else I like better

Knowing what i know now and feeling more confident about how much and what to eat, I am positive I'll lose again soon. The only difficulty is today is my planned UD and there are TWO family get-togethers with lots of foods that will hard to track with ******. You know, when people bring casseroles and all these other dishes that are hard to figure. I will just try to take small portions (eyeball 1/4 or 1/2 cup of what I take) and log it in later best I can.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Down another 3/4 of a lb today. I made goal yesterday...goal was 135..and I weighed in at 134.5.

This morning I was 133.75. Yesterday should have been an UD though...but turned into a MD...as I was stressed and didnt feel like eating (not my usual setting!)

Will see if todays UD puts me back up a little.

I am planning to stick with a good UD/DD cycle, at similar UD cals as I am now...and a few more on DD's ..for the next few days.

Then I will go back to the Juddd calculator to see what my maintainence cals will be!

I am determined to get this maintainence thing right...I never have before!
I'm looking forward to you finding your easy maintenance levels and being able to eat more on DDs probably a bit more on those UDs too.

And, I agree about getting the maintenance thing right. If you do, you're going to be able to experience a future of living in a slim body forever. Not saying there won't need to be tweaks to the calorie numbers as you live your life, age, etc. But daily or weekly weigh-ins will tell you when a tweak is needed, and it's sure an easy thing to take care of with a little tweak at the moment, rather than requiring a long ongoing new period of dieting down the road sometime to get you back where you want to be.

Having become a JUDDDer though, I don't think you're ever going to have any problems with overweight again. Really. I don't.

Quote:
So, I woke up this morning to find that after my DD yesterday (370 calories) and a MD the day before, I am back up to almost my starting weight on JUDDD. I am not freaking out though, because it's that time of the month; it's usual for me to gain 3-4 lbs of water weight.

Yesterday I averaged the calories I logged over the course of August. During this time I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain any either. The number came out to be almost 1700 exactly. So, that must be the number of calories I can eat to expect to maintain my current weight. 1700 x 2= 3400 calories every two days.

Knowing this, I decided lessen my UD calories to 1700 while keeping my DD cals at 500. 1700 + 500 = 2200 calories every two days. Over the course of 7 days (not taking in to consideration a MD, which I might not do unless necessary), that would result in a net loss of 4200 calories from what is needed for me to maintain on a weekly basis.

Hopefully this will speed my weight loss up a little. I would take a bit away from the DD's instead of the UD's, but I usually clock in at <400 calories on DD's anyway. I just like the "safety net" of saying 500 for DDs.
Try not to cut your UDs down too much though, as the lower you keep your overall calories, the lower your metabolism usually slows down to match. That's why I believe in holding my calorie ceiling as high as possible, and I keep pounding up against it, trying to push it even higher. And it's definitely sped up remarkably since JUDDD.

If you are absolutely respecting your calorie limits and not losing anything, then that might be your maintenance level, as you surmise. If it isn't just water weight regain from adding more carbohydrate back into your diet. Sometimes that's what we experience in the first month. We are losing body fat from the diet, but we are regaining some water weight at the same time because of eating more carbohydrate, and the two are canceling each other out, and the scale just shows us that we weigh still about the same.

But, we had a wonderful woman here several months ago who did 500 cal DDs, 1000 cal MDs, and 1500 cal UDs, and she lost weight in a FLASH! Like 10 and 11 pounds a month! But, I can't tell you what may have been happening to her metabolism, whether it was slowing down from that overall calorie level, etc. I know that often women tend to hurt themselves by holding calories down in an effort to force weight loss. But if that's your calorie ceiling, then this may be what you have to do.

I do expect you have truly lost some weight that isn't showing up on the scale because of monthly fluid gain, and that will show itself as TOM resolves for another month.

I will be watching how this all works out for you, and cheering you on! I know you are determined, and I'm sure your resolve will result in weight loss and improved health!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
Up 1.6 (129.4) expected that. Another Up Day, so might be up a bit tomorrow too. Going to really try to keep clean down/up days this week, because the week following is going to have some crazy busy work days, will be working at home 6-10 as well for most of the week.
Enjoy your UD and this week, and just eat good foods, which I know you do. Sounds like next week will be a hectic one. And exhausting.

Quote:
I am not so afrid of hunger as much as when my blood sugar levels plummet and I get that shakey-light headed feeling. That's my dread on DDs. Basic hunger I can manage-most of the time especially when I know what's next is there.

Marie, I go to my gym 2 or 3 times a week and do the elliptical. I have had several bouts with plantar fasciitis and walking is out for now. Oh, surgery-I had lipo with a hysterectomy 8 years ago and lost 7 fast ones but I regained it because I abused eating. However, my body still looks better than before. Hope it goes well.
Anne, I know it's important for you to do whatever you need to to prevent a too-low BS from hitting. And I know you are careful.

My DH also had trouble with plantar fasciitis, and was given exercises to do to stretch it out. It took awhile, but he does the exercises daily with his other stretching routines, and he doesn't ever have that trouble anymore. I know it really hurt. Hope you get it resolved quickly.

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-23-2011 at 08:42 AM..
Old 10-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #803
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:

I haven't told him. When it starts working, or he notices that I've lost weight, I will tell him. He eats low carb as well, so he doesn't notice that I'm eating veggie soup for lunch, or grilled chicken and salad for dinner. That's normal food for us.

MD is a medium day. I'm pretty sure it's not officially part of the diet, but people around here use it to adjust the up/down cycle. I've read about it here and there in threads. And I need to use it on Sundays to keep my schedule.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #804
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Same here. I cook for me, then I add a carby side for him (and son when he's home). If I don't, they whine lol.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #805
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have learned that hunger comes in waves....I can usually ride that wave out with a hot drink, or very small snack. I think I was SCARED of feeling hunger..esp after low carb....but , like most fears...live through it, survive...and the fear is a lot less!-Joedi quote.

Yes! This is me, too! If I don't eat adequately, my brain gets fuzzy, I feel faint, my eyes won't focus, my vision tunnels, and it can even induce a panic attack. I don't care if my stomach is growling, THIS is what I'm afraid of.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #806
Administrator

I was thinking about doing an actual fasting type down day tomorrow. Just fat free chicken broth (swansons natural), maybe add some celery to it just for the texture lol. But keeping calories very very low.
Does anyone do that? For just 1 or 2 DD's a week?
Old 10-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #807

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
Weighed in 1.2 lbs lighter then yesterday after a DD so I recovered a bit. I am still 1.2 lbs up from my lightest weight this week but still puts me in at 1.6 lbs since monday.

Tomorrow is my official weigh in day that I record, so even though today is an UD I am going to try to eat very cleanly and healthy.

We are heading to the San Diego Zoo so I anticipate alot of walking. I have packed some healthy snacks and sandwiches for me and the kids. I might allow us to have a treat to share like some popcorn or churro. We will see.
Glad you're back down a bit. Have a really fun day at the zoo. Wish I was going too. Except that I would have water retention from all that walking on the pavement, so I know that would add to my scale weight in the morning. But I still like the adventures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
..........I am down to my lowest weight 191.2. after 2 UD and 1 DD..........Yay for all of you with losses. Yay for those with gains that you don't have to be in freak out mode
Congratulations on being down to your lowest weight!!! Woo Hoo! I know there are going to be more and more even lower weights coming up, so get ready for a lot more cheers from all of us fellow JUDDD BUDDDs.

And, yeah.. no JUDDDers had better be the *Freak Out* type on this eating plan, because it can have more big fluctuations in scale readings than any plan I've ever done. Lots of days when your weight is up, now down, now up again.. and you think, "WTH is going on?", and then you just go with it and, Whoa! More weight loss. New lower weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
I had a good UD yesterday.......... had a HUGE breakfast yesterday..........My doc said most patients gain 20lbs during chemo or more sometimes...and not only did I NOT gain 20lbs, I lost 20lbs..........

..........won't be able to JUDDD while recovering or during radiation (they want you to stay the same weight each week cuz of the radiation dose is calculated by your body weight/mass..........

I'm still kinda uncertain where to post menus.

Oh I forgot! JUDDD really did make my asthma very manageable!!! And helped control the mucus monster I seem to live with! So I can't wait for that to happen again!!! I hope you feel that way too.
Pooti, glad you had a great UD yesterday, and really exciting that you lost 20 pounds during chemo. Kinda' amazing! I know you were aiming for a lower weight, and I'm sure glad that you did it!

I didn't know about the need for a stable body weight for the duration of radiation treatments, but that makes sense. Hope you'll keep posting here with us during your maintenance at that time.

As to the daily menus, we have (usually) a daily menu thread, but it seems to be sort of half-hearted and also about half the time we forget to get it started until someone remembers! So each day if you don't see one started yet, be the one to get it going. Please!

Glad you posted about the JUDDD method helping with your asthma symptoms and also with keeping mucus production down. Interesting.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #808
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I was thinking about doing an actual fasting type down day tomorrow. Just fat free chicken broth (swansons natural), maybe add some celery to it just for the texture lol. But keeping calories very very low.
Does anyone do that? For just 1 or 2 DD's a week?
No, but I'm making what I've come to think of as my "down day soup". I don't want to have to think about how to make regular food low calorie. This soup is just beef broth and a bunch of low carb veggies. It comes in at like 70 calories for almost 2 cups.

~~~~~

So, I'm up a little over a pound today. Water retention from my "issues" yesterday. And this likely will continue for a couple more days while my system sorts itself out. Today is a medium day for me... target is 1100 calories.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #809
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
sophiethecat: so glad you figured out what was going on....I hate see that ticker go back to 5, but I am glad you are so confident that you can get it off....

I think the confidence in this area of the forum is infectious. Other people's confidence build my own.

San Diego zoo sounds so nice Kris4Chloe. We finally got our first break in the heat down here in Texas, and some rain!...but now we are inundated by mosquitos. They are just swarming everywhere. It is a blessing to live somewhere with nice weather.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #810
Administrator

addict they are awful right now! Since we got a little rain, we're overrun. DH sprays the yard with Cutter Bug Free Backyard and it does a really good job keeping the mosquitoes away.
Closed Thread