Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #721
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
I wonder if this diet proves that a calorie is a calorie.

If I chose to, I could twinkies and a couple candy bars for my DD cals and still lose weight.

Of course I wouldn't actually do that just sayin...
I think a calorie is a calorie, absolutely. But some bodies thrive on a lot fewer of them than do other bodies, that require twice as many and are still gaunt, rather than kept plump. Even with horses, as an example, there are horses known as *easy keepers* which will stay looking in great flesh on just standard or minimal rations, and those who have to be fed double rations of oats, and they still look bony.

So the formula of how to lose a pound per week, for example, is the part that doesn't necessarily work the same for all people. Reduce your calories by 500 per day and lose a pound a week. That's the part that doesn't always work quite so precisely, because some bodies seem to have a *lock* of some kind on fat cells.. and it's as though what is supposed to unlock the cells, in order for the fat to spill out, doesn't work. The cell doesn't respond to the key. It's like it doesn't recognize the key as fitting somehow.

But here's the rest of that equation. So you eat 2000 calories per day and maintain. (Or usually gain a few pounds per year...) If you lower the daily calories by 500 per day, to 1500 calories per day, that should make you lose a pound per week, but it doesn't. Some people might have to drop their calories to 1000 per week to make their body willing to open up and release that pound of fat.

BUT, it's found that as some weight loss occurs, as the weeks go on, that key mechanism & response gets better and better at fitting together, and after awhile the body is more willing to release fat at a more normal dietary level.

Regardless of how fat people going into prisoner of war and concentration camps were, when the survivors were finally freed, there weren't fatties among them. Those folks didn't get a lot to eat. When the food intake is low enough, the body does give up its fat! It's just that most of us wouldn't like to have to be held that low in order to shed weight. But with JUDDD, it's easier to hold low for the single day, in exchange for not having to diet on the following day.

And yes... you could lose weight eating the Twinkies, like that Kansas State professor did with his experiment. He ate nothing but Twinkies for weeks (can't remember how long) and lost many pounds! LOL

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-21-2011 at 01:29 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #722
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Just wondered if you had added much wheat to your woe?

I was absolutely fine as I gradually upped my carbs with juddd...untill I made some wheat bran muffins...compled with fiber sprinkles!

They were delicious...but oh boy....the tummy pain and rumblings and gas . !
I was sore and bloated for about 3 days....I drank loads and loads of water to drown the beggars...but I learned my lesson!

I have tiny amounts now..and even so still get a few grumbles!

Hope you feel better soon!

jo
x
I mostly eat very clean. Hardly any gluten accept for free meals on occasion. i STARTED staying away from it when I learned that I had an intolerance to it as a toddler. My mom told me as I was investigating food intolerance's and hypothyroid. Do you ever just grow out of stuff like that?
That's what the Dr's said back then.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #723
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Weighed in for the last 3 days at 135.75.
My goal is 135! It's so close I can taste it!
Bet I go up a couple of lbs, before I go down again... just to be awkward!

Hugs
Jo
X
Old 10-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #724
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
I mostly eat very clean. Hardly any gluten accept for free meals on occasion. i STARTED staying away from it when I learned that I had an intolerance to it as a toddler. My mom told me as I was investigating food intolerance's and hypothyroid. Do you ever just grow out of stuff like that?
That's what the Dr's said back then.
I think you can grow out if something like that, if you had an intolerance rather than an actual allergy. Perhaps you could be tested? Or try adding in tiny amounts yourself?
As to your poor tummy, I think you may have just picked up a germ... you will probably never trace the little blighter back from where it came.
Hope your tum is feeling much better by now!
Hugs
Jo
X
Old 10-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Weighed in for the last 3 days at 135.75.
My goal is 135! It's so close I can taste it!
Bet I go up a couple of lbs, before I go down again... just to be awkward!

Hugs
Jo
X
Woohoo
Old 10-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Well, the water weight I had yesterday is gone and it took another 1.2 pounds with it! I'm at 173.8!! YAY FOR DOWN DAYS!!!

And now I'm gonna EAT!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:35 AM   #727

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
Well, the water weight I had yesterday is gone and it took another 1.2 pounds with it! I'm at 173.8!! YAY FOR DOWN DAYS!!!

And now I'm gonna EAT!
Woo-Hoo!!!!! Enjoy your UP day.

Jo, you are doing great. I don't think you are going to go up again before reaching GOAL. Wow, you must be so happy! I'm really glad for you.

I had a nice drop, but, I don't think all of it will stick, but, that is okay. Yesterday was suppose to be a DD, but, it ended up being more a MD. It's okay, I told myself it is still better than a feeding frenzy, lol. I ended up at about 1300 calories. I am still going to go ahead with my UD today.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:37 AM   #728
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
My first official down day today
Old 10-22-2011, 04:46 AM   #729
Senior LCF Member

I am pretty disappointed this morning. I am up 1.8 after a DD. I was super hungry yesterday but only did 594 calories versus 500 calories. I am wondering if it is because I saved the majority of my calories for dinner and had a nice filling bowl of soup? Or I am thinking it may be closing in on TOM. Today I was going to do a MD because tomorrow we are going to the zoo and I wanted to do my UD then. I am so discouraged right now, I am hoping that whatever it is, is temporary. I was really starting to feel confident this was the way to go, but now this same thing that used to happen with LC is happening here.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:57 AM   #730
Senior LCF Member

Star-(can I call you that?)

That is just so AWESOME!!

Kris!!!! I myself am UP 1.4lbs after yesterdays down day, lol.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:00 AM   #731
Senior LCF Member

Kris, don't be so hard on yourself.

The scale is just one tool. Try not to think too much into it
If it bothers you, maybe just weigh weekly instead?
Like at the end of a whole week and after a DD?

And thank Joedi!
Probably was a germ, but it was the second time this month that I was struck with tummy troubles this month. who knows!
tummy is fine today, I think.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:04 AM   #732
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kris, don't be so hard on yourself.

The scale is just one tool. Try not to think too much into it
If it bothers you, maybe just weigh weekly instead?
Like at the end of a whole week and after a DD?
Thanks. I am just going to get past it and keep pushing forward today and just chock it up to my body doing something funky. I think I have the beginnings of a cold that one of my kids had so maybe that is what is going on??

I have never been good at weekly weighing, it is just my personality type to check in every day. Just this is the first time I have seen my weight go up after a DD.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:27 AM   #733
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/156/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/
This morning I am down 1 lb but 2 lbs from yesterday's UD rise . Beeb's Italian soup plus chicken filled me up in a satisfying way. Was SO surprised to see this year's low before bed. I knew I had urinated a lot yesterday. 153.2 not been here since last Christmas. I love JUDD.

Kris4Chloe-Mine did that this week and then a lb gone. Keep up the plan. It works.

Dottie-Welcome-DD are not bad at all-rather cleansing. Makes me feel in control-temporarily. The key is what others have preached-PLAN!

Last edited by 1annewil; 10-22-2011 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: adding more
Old 10-22-2011, 05:54 AM   #734
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
and Good luck with first DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
I am pretty disappointed this morning. I am up 1.8 after a DD.
As others have said...surely it's just a water fluctuation!

I am down .6 to 127.8. That's still .8 pounds above my low two Saturdays ago, but it IS 1.4 pounds below last Saturday.

And even though it's not much, I've lost 1/2 inch from my arms this week, 1/3 inch from my thighs (19 2/3 inches now, teeny!), 1/4 inch from my calves, 1/4 inch from my hips, 1/2 inch from my bust. Course, I want to lose everything from waist & belly and THAT did not change. But it's great to see inch movement even when the is stubborn.
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
Old 10-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<275/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Yesterday my weight early in the morning was 285.2;
yesterday was also an Up Day.
Today my weight is 285.0!!!
I'm hoping I can put off breakfast until that # goes a little lower, IYKWIM,
(because a little later yesterday, I weighed 284.2)
but even if I can't, I'll take that 285 for after an UD!

Quote:
I am pretty disappointed this morning. I am up 1.8 after a DD. I was super hungry yesterday but only did 594 calories versus 500 calories. I am wondering if it is because I saved the majority of my calories for dinner and had a nice filling bowl of soup? Or I am thinking it may be closing in on TOM. Today I was going to do a MD because tomorrow we are going to the zoo and I wanted to do my UD then. I am so discouraged right now, I am hoping that whatever it is, is temporary. I was really starting to feel confident this was the way to go, but now this same thing that used to happen with LC is happening here.
Kris, I had weight gains on my first couple DDs, too.
I think it was because I ate a lot of psyllium and wheat bran and stuff like that, which absorbs tons of water. And since I was transitioning from a lower-carb, mostly meat diet, all this fiber actually caused some...delays, shall we say? in going to the bathroom. Not constipation, just delays.

Two days ago, on my DD, I didn't have a BM at all. I woke up yesterday and was surprised that my weight was down. Then I went to the bathroom a couple of times more than I normally would, and today, after an UD, my weight is almost the same! No 2-3lb UD gain, in other words!

I'm not sure but I think you started JUDDD pretty recently. I didn't see a definite loss until about the 10th day.

Sometimes when the scale is getting me down, I take my waist measurement. A few months ago, I gained several pounds and was very discouraged BUT my waist measurement didn't change at all. It kept me from going utterly crazy!

I hope you decide to stick with JUDDD a few more days to see if it starts working its magic! I wish I could take away your feelings of discouragement.

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-22-2011 at 05:58 AM..
Old 10-22-2011, 06:13 AM   #736
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by avecrain View Post
Ugh, I think I am officially in a weight stall. I had an UD yesterday so didn't exactly expect to *lose* but certainly didn't except to be up to 220 agaaain. I didn't weigh yesterday morning after my DD because people were over and I got distracted so I'm not sure what happened there, but I do know that the first time I weighed in at 220 on October 14th, a week ago, and since then have been going down and back up. I know it hasn't been that long, but for someone who was losing almost exactly 3 pounds a week for 4 weeks, it feels like an eternity! And very sudden onset.

Well, either way, DD today. Hoping all my speculation will be unnecessary tomorrow. If I showed a 218.something number tomorrow I would be greatly encouraged! If anyone has any thoughts, I welcome them, but otherwise, I just enjoy writing out my wonderings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy
Avery, ... Wow, you have so many possibilities going on, but my initial guess is that everything will work itself out as the next days and couple of weeks pass.

You mentioned you had been losing at a rate of about 3 pounds a week, which is considered amazingly fast for the loss of true body fat! But... it is absolutely not all that fast for the loss of body *water weight*, which is what we dump the initial two or three weeks of a low carb diet, so if you just started low carbing in September, a lot of that great weight loss was undoubtedly water weight. But now, if you are eating some carbs again on JUDDD that you weren't allowing yourself before starting this plan, you will be regaining some of that water weight. It isn't FAT, but it shows up on the scale. You can actually be losing fat and have weight increase on the scale at the same time, so that can sure be confusing!

And it certainly could be retained fluid from a change of BC pill.

And it certainly could be retained fluid in muscles from an increased workout.

And it certainly could be additional muscle mass, now that you're exercising harder.

And it could be that you're a bit high on your UD calories, but I don't know what all your stats are, so can't run the figures to check that.

But it may be that this time next week you will find you have lost a pound or two. And if you could actually lose a pound or two each week, while only cutting calories half of the days of a month, that would be Some Kind of Diet! Oh, wait! You can! I know you will do well. Hang in there.
And I weighed in at 217.8 this morning, down from a 220 weigh-in yesterday! BROKE THE BARRIER!! Feelin good about it. I KNEW I shouldn't be worried, and I wasn't really, just a little intellectually frustrated. Now I am intellectually comforted, and ready to see that scale keep moving down! Thanks for your words of comfort, Pat! I really appreciate your support and wisdom!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #737
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1annewil View Post
153.2 not been here since last Christmas. I love JUDD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Quote:
And I weighed in at 217.8 this morning, down from a 220 weigh-in yesterday!
Congrats ladies for all those great weigh ins!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:29 AM   #738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
official weekly weigh in today! down 2 lbs from yesterday after my DD AND also 2 lbs down from last sat's weight! 131.8 *almost* into a new decade! i thought i'd want my maintenance range to be 128-130. but am contemplating 125-128 to stay in the 120's for maintenance. we shall see!

today is DD's 7th birthday! sat and sunday's are usually MD/UP or UP/MD i think since there will be CAKE tonight, today will be an UD and tomorrow a MD. she wanted a cookie cake. sam's has the BEST huge 2-layer cookie cakes with thick layer of frosting in between the 2 big cookies! there was also a package of these heavenly looking sugar sammich cookies....2 (regular sized) sugar cookies with frosting between them! sooooo, there will be some partaking of said cookies this evening. tomorrow will be more focused on lower carb to compensate. LOOOOOVE JUDDDD!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #739
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Thanks
yep, I'm a planner!
I am not hungry yet, so I'm going to reserve the egg white scramble for later if needed. And the soup is cooking but it makes a lot. I may divide that up into a lunch and snack for 1 serving instead of eating it all at lunch.
One trick about using ground meat (any kind) in soups is to season and roll the meat into meatballs. That way you know exactly how many = a serving

so for my first down day, how does this look?

B: coffee w/almond milk; 3 egg whites scrambled w/a small tomato and 3 button mushrooms (100 cals)
D: beef veggie soup (recipe below – 246 cals)
S: shrimp(3oz), romaine and cucumber salad w/bragg's vinegar and 1tsp evoo (143 cals)

Total: 489 calories; 24g carbs; 7g fiber

Beef and Veggie soup
Ingredients
8 oz 93% Lean Ground Beef 93/7
2 cups Fresh Zucchini
1 cup canned Mustard Greens (a little over 1/2 the can)
14 1/2 oz 99% Fat Free Chicken Broth (swanson natural)
3 Garlic Clove
2 Tomatoes diced
1 tbsp Dried Onion Flakes
siracha sauce to taste

Brown ground beef, add everything and let simmer on low for 10 minutes
2 big bowls at: 246cals; 8.6g fat; 14.7g carbs; 4.7g fiber; 27.4g protein

http://www.thedailyplate.com/ <-- food and exercise tracking
http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #740

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post

And now I'm gonna EAT!
Happy, Happy! You're really rockin' the JUDDD! Glad the water weight whooshed away again, and you're down even further than before. JUDDD is certainly letting you eat a bit wider variety, as in the sushi, and giving you great weight loss along the way. Can't beat that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I had a nice drop, but, I don't think all of it will stick, but, that is okay. Yesterday was suppose to be a DD, but, it ended up being more a MD. It's okay, I told myself it is still better than a feeding frenzy, lol. I ended up at about 1300 calories. I am still going to go ahead with my UD today.
I love how comfortable you are becoming with your JUDDD routine these days, not sweating the small stuff, and enjoying the fun of your UDs. Have a great day, and happy to hear you had a nice weight drop. You seem to be sticking in your maintenance range pretty easily.

Quote:
Good luck! I know you undoubtedly have plenty of low calorie and delicious food choices available for the day, and will find a way to make it work. I look forward to hearing how it went for you.

Quote:
No, I think you are doing fine. The one thing you will find out about JUDDD is that weight can jump UP and DOWN a lot from day to day on the scale from this way of eating, and that weight loss is simply not absolutely linear. We get used to seeing ourselves weigh a little less each morning after doing some DDs, and we come to think that is how it always works, so when we do a real good DD and find our weight UP the next morning, it's apt to throw us for a loop. Or we see the scale show us a loss, even after an UP day.. but our true loss of body FAT isn't quite that straight forward, and not so easy to predict in exact 24-hour segments dependent upon the exact number of calories eaten within that exact previous 24-hour period.

Don't even worry about this. Truly, it means almost nothing! Just follow your JUDDD. Do your Up Days and your Down Days. Stay within your calorie numbers. If you eat above your numbers, try to make it not be very much over. LOL

You Will Lose Weight. And more important than just *weight*... you will lose body FAT, and that's what you're after in reality. The fluctuations of water weight that you will experience along the way are just a hysterically funny part of the journey, so eventually you just laugh at them and shrug your shoulders and then just plow on.

Don't become discouraged. You're going to get slim here! You're going to wear small sizes. You're going to be very, very happy!

Quote:
Kris!!!! I myself am UP 1.4lbs after yesterdays down day, lol.
Betty, I should have combined your post with the one I wrote to Kris above. ^ LOL

I don't want you to get discouraged either. Just do your rotations and keep to your correct calorie ceilings and relax and enjoy the (up/down bumpy) ride, 'cause it's going to happen for you too!

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-22-2011 at 06:52 AM..
Old 10-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #741

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1annewil View Post
This morning I am down 1 lb but 2 lbs from yesterday's UD rise . Beeb's Italian soup plus chicken filled me up in a satisfying way. Was SO surprised to see this year's low before bed. I knew I had urinated a lot yesterday. 153.2 not been here since last Christmas. I love JUDD.

Kris4Chloe-Mine did that this week and then a lb gone. Keep up the plan. It works.

Dottie-Welcome-DD are not bad at all-rather cleansing. Makes me feel in control-temporarily. The key is what others have preached-PLAN!
Lots of good comments in your post, Anne. I'm so tickled to read that you are down to a weight on JUDDD that you haven't been since LAST CHRISTMAS! Amazing, and encouraging for all of the rest of us to read about. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I am down .6 to 127.8. That's still .8 pounds above my low two Saturdays ago, but it IS 1.4 pounds below last Saturday.

And even though it's not much, I've lost 1/2 inch from my arms this week, 1/3 inch from my thighs (19 2/3 inches now, teeny!), 1/4 inch from my calves, 1/4 inch from my hips, 1/2 inch from my bust. Course, I want to lose everything from waist & belly and THAT did not change. But it's great to see inch movement even when the is stubborn.
You really are getting tiny, Paula! I think this post is a really good one for us all to read this morning, as it helps to keep us from obsessing over scale readings that can be *the rise and fall of water weight* but still drive us crazy. Remembering to keep track of our actual measurements is a better way to track how we're doing.

And it sounds like you're having a lot of success! Way to go. Slim you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I'm hoping I can put off breakfast until that # goes a little lower, IYKWIM,
(because a little later yesterday, I weighed 284.2)
but even if I can't, I'll take that 285 for after an UD!
Wonderful news! You are most definitely On Your Way. It's fun to know JUDDD will just take care of about everything. It's sort of like having a Fairy GodMother. We can expect her to take care of everything for us. The gown. The coach. The glass slippers..... The weight loss. The slim figure. The reduction of lines and wrinkles. Oh, wait.. getting carried away here.

Fun to read about your continuing JUDDD and your results. Keep up the great work.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #742

Quote:
And I weighed in at 217.8 this morning, down from a 220 weigh-in yesterday! BROKE THE BARRIER!! Feelin good about it. I KNEW I shouldn't be worried, and I wasn't really, just a little intellectually frustrated. Now I am intellectually comforted, and ready to see that scale keep moving down! Thanks for your words of comfort, Pat! I really appreciate your support and wisdom!
Yay! Glad you're more intellectually comforted and HAPPY with the scale reading this morning. Seriously, JUDDD results in such weight fluctuations on the scale, I think we should all be forbidden to weigh except for once a month. LOL

But just do your JUDDD truly, and you will become slim. It's about as simple as that.
Have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
official weekly weigh in today! down 2 lbs from yesterday after my DD AND also 2 lbs down from last sat's weight! 131.8 *almost* into a new decade! i thought i'd want my maintenance range to be 128-130. but am contemplating 125-128 to stay in the 120's for maintenance. we shall see!
Happy Birthday to your DD! Have a fun party! And CONGRATULATIONS on even more weight loss! I don't see where it's coming from now. LOL I'm so happy for you, and so pleased with your success! Good job.

Quote:
Thanks
yep, I'm a planner!
I am not hungry yet, so I'm going to reserve the egg white scramble for later if needed. And the soup is cooking but it makes a lot. I may divide that up into a lunch and snack for 1 serving instead of eating it all at lunch.
One trick about using ground meat (any kind) in soups is to season and roll the meat into meatballs. That way you know exactly how many = a serving

so for my first down day, how does this look?

B: coffee w/almond milk; 3 egg whites scrambled w/a small tomato and 3 button mushrooms (100 cals)
D: beef veggie soup (recipe below – 246 cals)
S: shrimp(3oz), romaine and cucumber salad w/bragg's vinegar and 1tsp evoo (143 cals)

Total: 489 calories; 24g carbs; 7g fiber

Beef and Veggie soup
Ingredients
8 oz 93% Lean Ground Beef 93/7
2 cups Fresh Zucchini
1 cup canned Mustard Greens (a little over 1/2 the can)
14 1/2 oz 99% Fat Free Chicken Broth (swanson natural)
3 Garlic Clove
2 Tomatoes diced
1 tbsp Dried Onion Flakes
siracha sauce to taste

Brown ground beef, add everything and let simmer on low for 10 minutes
2 big bowls at: 246cals; 8.6g fat; 14.7g carbs; 4.7g fiber; 27.4g protein
Looks like a very yummy menu for a hugely successful start to JUDDD!

I'm really going to enjoy hearing your weight reports over these next weeks. I'll bet you do wonderfully!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #743
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Good morning, my friends!

First of all, congrats to all the losers!

Kris and Betty: hang in there! I tend to get discouraged when the scale doesn't cooperate... Pat's right, it will work,

Thank you Pat, for always being there!!!!!

Jo: you are sooooooo close!!!!!!!

Funniest thing yesterday. It was my UD, and I wasn't hungry. So after dinner, I offered cupcakes to DH and kept saying "I need to eat more calories! Can't believe this!"

Now I'm not hungry. So I'm hoping I'll have a good DD then a nice weigh in tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

Kristine

10/15/11 weight: 141
Old 10-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #744
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for the support. I know that fluctuations happy. I should just be happy that I am still down from when I started on Monday. I think it is most likely water weight and the fact that I needed to use the facilities and that didn't happen til after I got to work and had already weighed. So maybe tomorrow will be better.

I bought Diet Dr. Pepper this last time I went to the store instead of my regular Diet Pepsi and this morning I noticed it has 4 times the amount of sodium.

I know, I know the stuff is not good for me, but it is my one habit that I can not break. I have done it a few times before but always come back to it.

So maybe if I get in some water I can woosh away the water weight. Going to be good and just do a nice MD and try to focus on whole healthy foods.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #745
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
Yay everyone!

Made it through my first down day...It helped me get back down to the weight I was before my binge day. 192.4 or so.

Nervous about today's UD. Only have had coffee so far ...I guess my nerves come from not trusting myself. That is kind of sad. If I should trust anyone in this world it should be myself right?

I went a little crazy and added a bunch of recipes to the new down day recipes only sticky. I will admit some bias there...added the ones that I thought might have broad appeal and the ones I liked

Blessings to everyone!
Shelley
Old 10-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #746
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Good morning everyone!

I had an overly-indulgent UD yesterday. Was doing fine but then went adn had a little too much wine in the evening (& therefore calories from the wine + from the increased appetite from the wine.) I can tell I'm a bit bloated and up a pound on the scale.

But today is a new day, and a DD, so Yayy!! I'm going to try to make it another good one AND increase my water intake to get things flushing out of my system, lol. I usually don't drink enough water. I also intend to eat lots of raw veggies.

Well, hope you're all doing well whatever day it is - UD or DD for you
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #747
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
Thanks for your replies ladies I really appreciate it!

ya know, I really shouldn't complain ... Been doing this for 1 month now, and I have lost 10 pounds. Most of that was lost in the first few weeks. I just have to stay the course and know my body is most likely trying to catch up with the loss.

DD today. Always feel more in control on those days
Old 10-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #748

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLatte View Post
Funniest thing yesterday. It was my UD, and I wasn't hungry. So after dinner, I offered cupcakes to DH and kept saying "I need to eat more calories! Can't believe this!"

Now I'm not hungry. So I'm hoping I'll have a good DD then a nice weigh in tomorrow.
One of the strangest things that happened to me after awhile on JUDDD was similar to your story. I found I enjoyed bread and cupcakes, etc. and could have them in the house but not eat them all up! I started being *normal*.

Now I get to enjoy some of the high carb foods without focusing there. I get to eat all of the low carb foods and still enjoy those steaks with butter, and chicken slathered in cream cheese sauce. And I get to eat all the mid-range foods too.. those that I might have felt the need to avoid even at their modest carb count. And it's a rare time when I go overboard on any of it. It's all good. And I get to enjoy it all. And I'm not consumed by any of it.

Thank you, JUDDD. It's so much nicer to react toward all foods in a decent and restrained and appreciative manner without any compulsions toward any of it. Thank you, JUDDD, for *normalizing* my food responses, for *normalizing* my appetites.

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the support. I know that fluctuations happy. I should just be happy that I am still down from when I started on Monday. I think it is most likely water weight and the fact that I needed to use the facilities and that didn't happen til after I got to work and had already weighed. So maybe tomorrow will be better.

I bought Diet Dr. Pepper this last time I went to the store instead of my regular Diet Pepsi and this morning I noticed it has 4 times the amount of sodium.

I know, I know the stuff is not good for me, but it is my one habit that I can not break. I have done it a few times before but always come back to it.

So maybe if I get in some water I can woosh away the water weight. Going to be good and just do a nice MD and try to focus on whole healthy foods.
I think you're going to shed the water weight (and.. ahem.. *use the facilities*) and be thrilled to see another lower weight on the scale!

And I've never noticed the sodium numbers on a soda in my life. LOL I don't drink it too often, and don't seem to respond too strongly to it, so I guess I never thought to read the breakdown. Other than the calories or absence of them. I'd be interested to hear whether you think that sodium difference bothers you or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
Made it through my first down day...It helped me get back down to the weight I was before my binge day. 192.4 or so.

Nervous about today's UD. Only have had coffee so far ...I guess my nerves come from not trusting myself. That is kind of sad. If I should trust anyone in this world it should be myself right?

I went a little crazy and added a bunch of recipes to the new down day recipes only sticky. I will admit some bias there...added the ones that I thought might have broad appeal and the ones I liked
Good Morning, Shelley. Good to hear that you made it through the first DD. They get a whole lot easier as you get *into* JUDDDing, so if you think you did a pretty good job with this one, that's a real good sign.

Enjoy your UD today. The only small hint or tidbit I have for you would be to pay attention and not go hog wild! Really try to kinda' keep a track of your calorie consumption so that you don't go over. If you go over, all those extra calories you shouldn't be eating build up and ruin the good of your DD, and it wipes out all the opportunity for JUDDD to work for you.

But enjoy your foods, and I hope you eat something delightful! JUDDD gives you the gift of being able to taste anything you'd like to have again. Have fun with it. Just within the JUDDD rules, and you'll be slimming yourself as you're delighting your tastebuds!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #749

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyInTX View Post
ya know, I really shouldn't complain ... Been doing this for 1 month now, and I have lost 10 pounds. Most of that was lost in the first few weeks. I just have to stay the course and know my body is most likely trying to catch up with the loss.

DD today. Always feel more in control on those days
One month... Ten pounds. One month... TEN pounds! One single month... TEN POUNDS GONE!!!!! Just think of the number of people over in the Main Lobby who would kill for those results!

You're doing great, and I am always happy to refer to your success overall if I'm having a little down moment of my own.

So have a great DD and know you're working on your new slimmer body today. That's always a good project... working on a new slimmer body. (And I always feel a lot more in control on DDs too. I think it's because I absolutely weigh out my food portions and measure out everything and track the exact calories. And then on UDs I'm a bit more relaxed about it and tell myself, "That was about a medium-sized baked potato, and that was about 1 tablespoon of butter I put on it." LOL I remember when I used to serve myself with little teaspoons. Now I get to be a whole lot more generous. Yay!)

But I still remember to pay quite a bit of attention to my food portions on UDs, else I go too far off and fail myself! I know JUDDD can't fail me. But I can fail myself. And I always need to guard against letting that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I had an overly-indulgent UD yesterday. Was doing fine but then went adn had a little too much wine in the evening (& therefore calories from the wine + from the increased appetite from the wine.) I can tell I'm a bit bloated and up a pound on the scale.

But today is a new day, and a DD, so Yayy!! I'm going to try to make it another good one AND increase my water intake to get things flushing out of my system, lol. I usually don't drink enough water. I also intend to eat lots of raw veggies.
Sorry to hear it got a little out of hand. It happens. Rats!

JUDDD is a very forgiving plan. You just start in again. (Hope the wine was delish. Maybe next time just plan for the calories from it plus a bit more to cover the snacking.. LOL)

- - - - -

And for my report of the morning... Rats! I needed to do a very good, very low, very tight DD yesterday, and I totally blew it. I crashed and burned in such a bad way. I mean to the point where I can't just ignore that and go onto my normal UD today.. I didn't just eat a bit too high and so have to call it a MD. No. I went grocery shopping and brought home stuff that all seemed to need tasting. And my DD turned into nearly an UD, so that's what I'm calling it. Phooey.

I have to have today be a DD to even begin to undo the calorie overage I did to myself yesterday. And what this means is that I'm now not going to be able to enjoy the *football food* that I'll be fixing DH for today's important games in front of the TV! And that's going to be a big punishment for my sin, I'm telling you.. 'cause I love football food!

OK, I've confessed my sin. Now to spend the day adhering well to my DD calorie ceiling to do my atonement. LOL

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-22-2011 at 09:08 AM..
Old 10-22-2011, 09:09 AM   #750
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Morning guys. I had a great UD yesterday. It was so easy and I was surprised after it being so long! My weight started the day out at 255.8lbs. I know I'm having water retention problems due to the chemo, cuz only a day earlier I was 252lbs and I didn't eat off plan the night before...

But when I weighed this morning I was only 254.4lbs (and I can feel the fluid in my feet, hands and wrists. So don't have any startlingly dramatic weigh in to report.

Here was my menu for yesterday - it was a fasting, meatless Friday.

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Closed Thread