Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #661
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
You're right, Pat, I forgot about carbs causing some water gain. I mean, I was just focused on the one night of eating at the Chinese buffet and the big gain it caused, but I should be aware that there will be at least small gains frequently because of the carbs I allow myself now.

This helps me not to be so focused on it - it's just a natural part of the process

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
some of you are braaaave with your Eats!!

I think I'll save mine for the weekend.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #663
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Good Morning Everyone

I am finally back down to my lowest weight 246. It has taken 2.5 weeks to get back to this after my overnight gain of 8 pounds. I sure got discouraged...but that is over now. Even with all the drama of the big gain I am down 4 pounds in 5 weeks which is a good loss for me.

I seem to lose better at a slightly higher carb level. 30-70 carbs a day appear to be the magic numbers. Have any of you noticed that all carbs are not created equal? I do better on a high fiber diet. Sugar or potato's make me crash and burn. I can eat sweet potato or winter squash without any problems.....strange.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #664
Senior LCF Member

Carb sources DO matter, IMO.

I prefer more bang for your buck carb sources like oats, brown rice, sweet potatos. Stuff like that.

But as others have demonstrated, some can get away with eating 'fun foods,' more often.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #665
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by putthekettleon View Post
Hi everyone! (waving)...I am so pleased to find a forum that acknowledges that calories do count. I am keeping my calories down (through Weight Watchers - I am not crazy about their new cumbersome way of figuring points), so I'm not on JUDDD. But I tried every low carb diet imaginable, and couldn't lose until I started tracking my calories. That's the truth.

I don't know much about this plan. I googled JUDDD on amazon and came up with a book called The Alternate Day Diet. Is that the JUDDD diet?

I just adore all the super low calorie recipes you have posted in this forum. They are amazing. I'm so glad I found you, even if I'm not on JUDDD.
I have done WW a few times losing 50+ pounds a couple times and back then I was able to do something similar with my WW points to JUDDD. it was called the Wendy plan and instead of alternating like we do here on JUDDD i would have a low point day, a high point day, a medium point day etc. Basically you take your total points for the week and split it up so you are doing the same thing to your metabolism and not letting it get used to the same calories. So you could try the JUDDD way of eating while doing points. For example if you have 20 points to eat a day, you could probably do one day of 15 and alternate it with one day of 25 or whatever feels comfortable to you, but make sure your UD and DD have a wide enough difference for your body to get "confused". And yes it is the Alternate Day diet but you can get alot of info on the JUDDD website.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: putthekettleon
kris, thank you very much for replying. I have heard of the Wendy plan and will look into it. I'll also go into the JUDDD website. Again, thanks for the information. Much appreciated.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #667
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Quote:
kris, thank you very much for replying. I have heard of the Wendy plan and will look into it. I'll also go into the JUDDD website. Again, thanks for the information. Much appreciated.
Are you asking if we track calories? If so, yes, we do. This is a calorie cycling plan. Many use different methods. I use fit day. I do know there is someone on here that is a WW member. Her user name is Rachelocity.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Something else really weird/amazing is that I ate almost 200 carbs!! I had no sleepiness afterward, no problems at all.
I had a high-carb lunch yesterday (fried chicken and 2 small biscuits) and noticed the same thing--no sleepiness!!!
Usually my heart would race for a while and then I would pass out.
I didn't post anything cuz I didn't want to jinx myself; I do have diabetes and need to limit my carb splurges.

My weight bounces up and down so much (even before JUDDD) that it often takes me 2 weeks-1 month to be sure whether I've lost anything.

I didn't get to weigh myself at my usual time because my neighbor's car broke down and I drove her to work this morning. However, right now I am 286.2, just .4 above my "low" of the last 2 weeks and after having a big jar of water earlier.

Today is a DD and I really hope to get under 285.8 soon!!!

And once I get under 285, I will know I am really losing weight because I haven't seen that number since February when my dad died and I regained a few pounds.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #669
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: putthekettleon
Thank you Marie!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #670

Quote:
Thank you Marie!
My pleasure .
Old 10-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #671
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Good morning!

Congrats to all the losers,

DD for me today, since I blew my DD last night by eating too much chicken followed by sweets. Not weighing, waiting for Sat morning (weekly). I learned that I need to manage my hunger better, that was what caused the binging last night. But not too bad, 1347 cals. My UD target is 1750. So today, it'll be lots of boiled cabbaged and celery, with maybe a chicken leg quarter before classes tonight.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
YES!!!!!!! Congrats!! So can I assume and now call you an Official JUDDD BUDDD?!
Yes you do!! I am just thrilled with the results so far! AMAZING!! Thanks for your help and support

I'm loving this so far!!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #673
Senior LCF Member

Gee, I don't know what happened but my tummy starting hurting after I had lunch.
Maybe the yogurt was funky??

I gotta make cals big time, but I can't! Starting to feel better now just not that hungry..
Old 10-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #674

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I am so happy with this group. What a nice bunch of friendly people. Everyone is so encouraging and supportive and helpful.

I guess part of the fun is that the plan is so simple, and so easy that it's almost hard to fail if you do it. And since we get to take every other day *off* from the diet, it keeps me in an awfully happy mood!

Edited: PLUS, I'm slicing into a HUGE home grown tomato for supper this evening and have acorn squash in baking, which I'll fill with melted butter and brown sugar! Heaven! And I'm making huge sausage burgers, which I love with squash. Ahhhhhhh.. sigh. I'm so happy.

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-20-2011 at 04:19 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #675
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
Yes you do!! I am just thrilled with the results so far! AMAZING!! Thanks for your help and support

I'm loving this so far!!
Hey JUDDD BUDDD, glad I could help and SO glad you are in the JUDDD family now!!

Kettle! We can always use more support and good energy here, JUDDD or no JUDDD!

SOPHIE!! LOOK AT YOU GO!! You are JUDDD!!!

Last edited by Beeb; 10-20-2011 at 04:52 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #676
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
SOPHIE!! LOOK AT YOU GO!! You are JUDDD!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #677
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

omg you guys, you guys!!! I did it, I'm seriously, you guys!!!

I'm about to go to bed and my calories for the day were 620...
and I'm not even fantasizing about food for my UD tomorrow!
Several times this evening I tried to plan what I would like to eat tomorrow...and I don't even care!!! It just seems boring and annoying to think about it.

I might feel entirely different in the morning! But it was nice to spend the day not obsessed with what I couldn't eat (I hope this continues!!!).
Also, I felt more mentally focused and physically strong than on my other DDs...and my blood sugar levels were great!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #678

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post

Several times this evening I tried to plan what I would like to eat tomorrow...and I don't even care!!! It just seems boring and annoying to think about it.

I might feel entirely different in the morning! But it was nice to spend the day not obsessed with what I couldn't eat (I hope this continues!!!).
Also, I felt more mentally focused and physically strong than on my other DDs...and my blood sugar levels were great!

See that darling little girl in your avi picture? You're going to be getting her back for sure!

One very wonderful thing about JUDDD is that it gives us the gift of being able to relax about food, free to delight in it, without being driven by it and compelled by it and obsessed by it. That's a pretty great gift.

I can hardly wait to see what you decide to enjoy for your UD. Good job on the DD you just put to rest today!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #679
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:

THIS ^^^^ is WONDERFUL! WTG!! And isn't it great to NOT think about food, what we can and can't have, for once in our lives!! Goodness, I LOVE JUDD!!!

Last edited by Beeb; 10-20-2011 at 09:23 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #680
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Pat and Beeb!

When I got into a groove with high fat low-carb, I didn't obsess too much about food--
but I wasn't losing weight.
If I can be this comfortable with food AND lose weight...oh joy! and lollipops and ponies and rainbows!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #681
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

YAYYY!!! You're doing wonderful!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:22 AM   #682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ugh, gained 3 pounds after my UD. But I am pretty sure that was salt (my sushi was *very* salty) because I feel bloated and hardly had to pee yesterday at all (sorry for TMI!) . I could tell I was dehydrated last night when I had not had enough to drink, so I drank a lot of water before bed...only had to get up once! Have a headache this morning, too. Anyhow, I am sure that the salat has made me retain water. I am hoping that my DD will have a diuretic effect and help me get rid of this bloat! I think on my next UD I will keep the carbs much lower than I did with the sushi!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:23 AM   #683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

CONGRATS!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:17 AM   #684

Quote:

WTG!!! I'm so glad for you!

Quote:
ugh, gained 3 pounds after my UD. But I am pretty sure that was salt (my sushi was *very* salty) because I feel bloated and hardly had to pee yesterday at all (sorry for TMI!) . I could tell I was dehydrated last night when I had not had enough to drink, so I drank a lot of water before bed...only had to get up once! Have a headache this morning, too. Anyhow, I am sure that the salat has made me retain water. I am hoping that my DD will have a diuretic effect and help me get rid of this bloat! I think on my next UD I will keep the carbs much lower than I did with the sushi!
Hang in there! It does sound like salt retention.

I am the same today, and it is a miracle, lol. I will take it . I welcome that today is a down day for me.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:59 AM   #685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw, thanks, Sophie & Stardustshadow & Marie!
This is really the most supportive thread ever--y'all are great cheerleaders!
(Maybe cuz this WOE doesn't make you all cranky? lol!)

I am actually down a bit this morning.
My previous lowest weight for the month of October was 285.8
(although I've been around 277-278 most days)
This morning was 285.2!
I haven't seen a number that low since January, so I'm definitely going in the right direction!

SDS, I hope things even out for you today. Nice to be able to enjoy sushi again, though; right?

Everybody--have a great day!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:11 AM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Aw, thanks, Sophie & Stardustshadow & Marie!
This is really the most supportive thread ever--y'all are great cheerleaders!
(Maybe cuz this WOE doesn't make you all cranky? lol!)

I am actually down a bit this morning.
My previous lowest weight for the month of October was 285.8
(although I've been around 277-278 most days)
This morning was 285.2!
I haven't seen a number that low since January, so I'm definitely going in the right direction!

SDS, I hope things even out for you today. Nice to be able to enjoy sushi again, though; right?

Everybody--have a great day!
Yeah, sushi was a *treat*! I actually think part of the water gain is because I feel like I am getting sick (stuffy head, headache, tired, etc). We'll see what happens tomorrow. Maybe another indicator that i am sick is that I am absolutely NOT hungry, and it is a DD. It is 13:00 and I've had 200 cals. I ate the second 100 because I am *supposed* to, not because my body wanted them.

Wow, seeing the lowest number since january....that must feel *SO* encouraging! It sounds like your battle with your scale was similar to mine. Whatever you did, nothing was working. Well, here is to things finally working! YAY!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:22 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hs4725
Stats: 5' 9.5" - 245.0/227.80/175.0
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: 09/27/2013
One thing I have noticed (and absolutley love), about JUDDD is even if I start off with a DD in mind and late in the day I stray (for whatever reason) I am still better off than I would have been before on any other of the weight loss programs (insert favorite).

Case in point, yesterday I started off with DD in mind. I had my bar in the morning and 2 shakes leading up to 7:00PM for a total of 480 Cals. All was well until the pizza on the table started calling my name . Long story short I ate a couple slices, ok a few and still managed an overnight loss.

Today we will go in with a DD planned again but this time with success in mind.

JUDDD STARTING WEIGHT: 10/15/11 = 232.00

WEEK 01: 10/21/11 = 230.80
WEEK 02: 10/29/11 =
WEEK 03: 11/05/11 =
WEEK 04: 11/12/11 =
WEEK 05: 11/19/11 =
WEEK 06: 11/26/11 =
WEEK 07: 12/03/11 =
WEEK 08: 12/10/11 =
WEEK 09: 12/17/11 =
WEEK 10: 12/24/11 =
WEEK 11: 12/31/11 =

Last edited by hs4725; 10-21-2011 at 05:34 AM..
Old 10-21-2011, 05:34 AM   #688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
good morning!

stepped on the scale this morning and it said up 2lbs from my UD yesterday, 134.8. for some reason i thought i better double check that and weighed again...surprise 133.8! stepped on it 3 more times all 133.8! so only a 1 pound gain from UD! makes me really excited about my weekly weigh in tomorrow after my DD today! 133.8 is what i weighed last sat which is my "official" weigh in day.

have to take noah to the clinic today for bloodwork and his easy chemo. then need to pick up dd's cookie cake for her b-day tomorrow. my baby turns 7! i told her when she turned 5 she could not grow anymore and she just doesn't listen!! THEN, we need to go to a different hospital and pick up my mom. she had surgery yesterday to (hopefully) eliminate her sleep apnea. so we will pick her up and take her home.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:48 AM   #689
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
have to take noah to the clinic today for bloodwork and his easy chemo. then need to pick up dd's cookie cake for her b-day tomorrow. my baby turns 7! i told her when she turned 5 she could not grow anymore and she just doesn't listen!! THEN, we need to go to a different hospital and pick up my mom. she had surgery yesterday to (hopefully) eliminate her sleep apnea. so we will pick her up and take her home.
Good luck with your long day, and to your baby. Mine turned 12 & 15 this month...so hard to watch them keep growing when you'd like to freeze time! I guess God gave us teenagers or we'd never let them grow up.

Third day in a row at 128.4. I hope I get a good number tomorrow, would be nice to bust through the 127 I had two Saturday's ago. I'll just try to keep my DD clean today.

Everyone have a great Friday!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #690
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Does sound like water retention - it will go away, just stay hydrated, especially since you said you think you're getting sick. I hope you feel better soon!
Closed Thread