Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #31
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
For what it's worth:

I have lost weight after a UD and gained weight after a DD! Why? Who the heck knows , but I do know that it still works because I'm losing (or have lost weight) either way!

I think the GREATEST wisdom anyone has ever given me was:

"Realize that you will sometimes have a 2 pound loss or gain on any given day. Sometimes it's hormone, sometimes it's salt, sometimes it's lack of sleep and heck, sometimes it's the full moon!! What ever it is, it is and you just need to expect it".

These words have kept me going through all of my weight loss adventures. It's only when the weight continues to climb, day or week after week that we then know we need to take action. Otherwise, just sit back and enjoy the drive because not all roads are smooth paved and we are bound to hit a bump now and then!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 09-29-2011 at 01:59 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
For what it's worth:

I have lost weight after a UD and gained weight after a DD! Why? Who the heck knows , but I do know that it still works because I'm losing (or have lost weight) either way!

I think the GREATEST wisdom anyone has ever given me was:

"Realize that you will sometimes have a 2 pound loss or gain on any given day. Sometimes it's hormone, sometimes it's salt, sometimes it's lack of sleep and heck, sometimes it's the full moon!! What ever it is, it is and you just need to expect it".

These words have kept me going through all of my weight loss adventures. It's only when the weight continues to climb, day or week after week that we then know we need to take action. Otherwise, just sit back and enjoy the drive because not all roads are smooth paved and we are bound to hit a bump now and then!
Love this!

Jo
x
Old 09-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
..........I am horribly bloated and uncomfortable, tummy wise today, and after googling it...it could be symptoms of ovulation...not fair..its bad enough to have tom interfering!..........
You have been eating an awful lot of the oat fiber muffins lately, haven't you? Do you think this could be part of your tummy troubles right now? Just a bit too much fiber, too often? Especially if you haven't been used to a lot of *fiber* of various kinds in your diet previously.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You have been eating an awful lot of the oat fiber muffins lately, haven't you? Do you think this could be part of your tummy troubles right now? Just a bit too much fiber, too often? Especially if you haven't been used to a lot of *fiber* of various kinds in your diet previously.
could be that! I have one every DD....thing is, the tummy troubles started after a week or two of oat fiber muffins

Two things I HAVE added around the time it started...egg white powder, and wheat bran.
Have had 1 T wheat bran today..no egg whites..tummy still upset!
Will do the opposite tomorrow..see what happens! If its still upset, I will have to search further for the culprit!

Honestly...I am sitting here like a female buddah...but without the laugh!

Hugs
jo
x
Old 09-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
After my MD yesterday I was down .4 this morning. TOM started today so I just know the scale will be up tomorrow. I'm only gonna hit maybe 1300 or 1400 cals today. Not that hungry. I'm in ketosis so that might be some of that. Ill take it.
Jo don't worry about that small gain especially is you just started TOM. I never know what the heck the scale will say from day to day. Our bodies are a mystery! Lol. You are doing great.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #36

Quote:
could be that! I have one every DD....thing is, the tummy troubles started after a week or two of oat fiber muffins

Two things I HAVE added around the time it started...egg white powder, and wheat bran.
Have had 1 T wheat bran today..no egg whites..tummy still upset!
Will do the opposite tomorrow..see what happens! If its still upset, I will have to search further for the culprit!

Honestly...I am sitting here like a female buddah...but without the laugh!

Hugs
jo
x
I think THAT^^^^ (in bold) is your trouble. Cut it out for the next 3 days and see what happens. I will bet my "beeb smiley " that is the culprit and not the oat fiber or the egg powder!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #37

Quote:
I think THAT^^^^ (in bold) is your trouble. Cut it out for the next 3 days and see what happens. I will bet my "beeb smiley " that is the culprit and not the oat fiber or the egg powder!
I just saw this too and second that opinion. Bran is yet another fiber, and your symptoms are common to people who aren't used to the effects of those types of fiber in their guts. You are already eating a lot of oat fiber.. which is about 100% undigestible... hence, 0 calories. When you add the harsher bran to that, I think you are feeling the results.

Maybe cut the bran out for a week and see of the symptoms and pain disappear.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: carlisle
glad

glad you are doing well. fell off the wagon today and feel so guility. will get back on tomorrow 10 more pounds
Old 09-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlisle View Post
glad you are doing well. fell off the wagon today and feel so guility. will get back on tomorrow 10 more pounds
YOU CAN DO IT!!! Tomorrow is a NEW DAY....leave today behind and don't even think about it!

And post often so we can help!!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:10 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Hiya, JUDDIES! I am a returning JUDDD BUDDD from this spring. I Think I stopped JUDDD due to my work schedule, but I picked up some bad habits once I stopped. I tried induction again toward the end of summer, but was not seeing good results. Even on induction, I kept telling myself that cycling my calories was the way to go...so here I am again. I did my first DD two days ago and am loving it again already. Anyway, I just wanted to (re)introduce myself. Can't wait to start sharing and chatting with all the JUDDD BUDDDs!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Old 09-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlisle View Post
Wow, carlisle! You just registered at LCF today, and this is your first post? Honored that it is here, and you are a fellow JUDDD BUDDD!

JUDDD can be pretty forgiving if you *blow your diet* for a day, although not so forgiving eventually if you blow your diet on any regular basis.

Just start in again, planning your menus, measuring out your foods, tracking your calories, and eating within your calorie allowances. And magic! You lose weight!

Glad you've joined us here. Welcome! Post often and share your experiences here. This is a great bunch of friendly folk, so let's succeed together.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Hiya, JUDDIES! I am a returning JUDDD BUDDD from this spring. I Think I stopped JUDDD due to my work schedule, but I picked up some bad habits once I stopped. I tried induction again toward the end of summer, but was not seeing good results. Even on induction, I kept telling myself that cycling my calories was the way to go...so here I am again. I did my first DD two days ago and am loving it again already. Anyway, I just wanted to (re)introduce myself. Can't wait to start sharing and chatting with all the JUDDD BUDDDs!
BACK!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #43

Quote:
Hi, Andrea! Glad you're JUDDDing again. I'm afraid if I quit JUDDD I'd have bad eating habits begin to take over in my life too. That's why I've stayed on LCF all of these years and on the JUDDD site ever since I discovered it about a year ago. This online presence in my life helps keep me focused on eating sensibly most of the time, and with JUDDD, that's enough to maintain.

Glad you're back.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:22 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
The scale has disappointed me two days in a row, but I refuse to get discouraged. Tomorrow is another day!

Andrea, YAY! You're here!

Joedi, hoipe you figure out the source of your troubles soon!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:08 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
The scale has disappointed me two days in a row, but I refuse to get discouraged. Tomorrow is another day!

Thanks Ann!

It IS hard when the scale lets us down....esp when we know we are doing everything correctly

You have exactly the right attitude JUDDD makes such sense to me...plus i doing it.

We just need it to love us back by giving us some weight loss!

Fingers crossed we both have a good result soon.

Hugs
Jo
x
Old 09-30-2011, 07:09 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yay! Lovely to see you againn..your avatar always makes me smile..you look like you are having a wonderful time!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 09-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I sure hope so...I love my oat fibre DD muffin...and the egg whites are so convenient!

Do you know if it could take a day or 2 for my tummy to settle...it is still a bit gurgly!

BTW...do any juddders notice a bit more "gas" on juddd than straight low carb? I am still under 60 a day...but have a few more "moments" than before!
(good job I have 6 cats...there is usually one or two about that I can blame!)

Hugs
Jo
x
Old 09-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #48

Morning ALL!! Well, not an ounce gained from my "no tracking" UD but I will tell you I don't think I like not tracking. I actually felt nervous about not knowing how many cals I was eating so I think I'll just leave that little "experiment" alone for now! Still holding at 139.8!

Hope everyone has a good UD or DD today!

Quote:

Ann, look back at your foods and see if you are eating more salty things, or things that would retain water. Are you drinking enough? Did you eat more carby things that you normally don't eat that have salt, like pretzels or chips? AND sometimes I have seen a creep up in the scale only to have a nice loss in a couple of days. Hang in there, and just keep doing what you have been doing!

Quote:
[/B]

I sure hope so...I love my oat fibre DD muffin...and the egg whites are so convenient!

Do you know if it could take a day or 2 for my tummy to settle...it is still a bit gurgly!

BTW...do any juddders notice a bit more "gas" on juddd than straight low carb? I am still under 60 a day...but have a few more "moments" than before!
(good job I have 6 cats...there is usually one or two about that I can blame!)

Hugs
Jo
x
You should start to hear and feel that stomach calming down by the end of today, I would bet! And yes, more veggies (at least for me) means more gas. I blame it on the dog, but I don't usually have anyone here with me to worry about it. BUT I still blame it on the dog!

Last edited by Beeb; 09-30-2011 at 08:06 AM..
Old 09-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #49

LOL. The poor cats and dogs of the world.

I'm one who somehow just doesn't seem to ever have much of this "problem". I don't know why, but I'm glad about that.

The only reason I don't eat the various bran products is because the few times in the past when I've thought it would be a healthful thing for me, probably from reading some *health article*, I get some pain in my lower belly. I get plenty of natural fiber from vegetables and fruits anyway. I sure don't need to intentionally introduce any more of that roughage in the form of bran. If I eat any bran at all, it's in the form of a whole grain, of which the bran is a part.

I sure hope this problem is done and over with by this evening, Jo!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
I'm slow out the gate but here I am!

Down .8 overnight, eating "Medium" today. 129.4...itching for fresh weight, maybe tomorrow, maybe not.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I'm slow out the gate but here I am!

Down .8 overnight, eating "Medium" today. 129.4...itching for fresh weight, maybe tomorrow, maybe not.
You are *this* close!

Do you post your menus and calorie numbers on our daily *what are you eating* thread? I'm just asking because I was curious if you had increased your carb allowance at all here? Several of us have, even though it does usually result in seeing a slightly disappointing bit of water weight gain on that scale. But then your body seems to get adjusted and your weight starts back down again.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #52

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
I'm the same today which is very pleasing to me. I update my stats to the left daily, btw. Yesterday was a medium day for me. Today is a DD. Saturday/Sunday will be UP days. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully, I will not go too crazy,lol. My official weekly weigh in day will be on Tuesday. Got my walk in this morning.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #53
TLH
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TLH
Stats: 215/208/180 6'ft Short
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 9/20/2011
Crap, I forgot how to multi-quote!!! It has been a year since I have been on the site.

Glad to hear everyone is progressing along so well!! I am thrilled with my progress as I have lost 7 lbs the first two weeks. I am not really paying attention to my carbs until the weight loss slows down. (Hoping it doesn't) Yesterday had a pretty good down day until my sticky fingers started grabbing inappropriate food. (slap, slap "NO NO") But the scale was good to me today.

Today is the company picnic pulled pork and party potatoes. YUM Perhaps a couple of Captain's to go along with it. Tomorrow my friend and I are making and canning homeade applesauce with the 2 bushel of apples we bought last weekend in Wisconsin. Should be fairly easy to do a down day. Hoping for a mid-day Sunday if tomorrow doesn't get out of control.

Off to the shower before Pilates class. I know I should wait until after but I have been movin' and shakin' around this house this morning moving my outdoor plants inside and vacuuming under the livingroom furniture. I don't want to offend anyone with my odor

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #54

CONGRATS TO ALL THE LOSERS!!

Looks like everyone is in the "groove" and doing well! Loss or no loss, the JUDDDers on here are the plan!!

WTG!!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Quote:
Ann, look back at your foods and see if you are eating more salty things, or things that would retain water. Are you drinking enough? Did you eat more carby things that you normally don't eat that have salt, like pretzels or chips? AND sometimes I have seen a creep up in the scale only to have a nice loss in a couple of days. Hang in there, and just keep doing what you have been doing!
Linda, I will definitely go and have a look... but I realized I hadn't... um... "gone" in two days, so I'm feeling less worried!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
I just read on the "monthly" thread that its not going to be going, and rarely venture out into the lobby, but thought I better today to see everyone! So I see this is another thread for us, and thought I would pop in and say hi over here. still bouncing around and retaining water, ugh, but hanging tough. shooting for a DD today and see how it goes! Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Hi all! Thanks for the welcome...I'm glad to be back at it.

Today is an UD for me...had a field trip with the 8th grade today and we had a cookout lunch for them--hot dogs and such. So my lunch didn't go as planned (I had brought my own from home), as I had 2 unplanned hot dogs and some cookies. I was mentally starting to beat myself up over the cookies, until I remembered I was on an UD. Yay! Even though I hadn't planned to eat what I did, with JUDDD, I'm still on plan. Ha! Take THAT vlc!!

Off to drink more water...
Old 09-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #58

Quote:
Hi all! Thanks for the welcome...I'm glad to be back at it.

Today is an UD for me...had a field trip with the 8th grade today and we had a cookout lunch for them--hot dogs and such. So my lunch didn't go as planned (I had brought my own from home), as I had 2 unplanned hot dogs and some cookies. I was mentally starting to beat myself up over the cookies, until I remembered I was on an UD. Yay! Even though I hadn't planned to eat what I did, with JUDDD, I'm still on plan. Ha! Take THAT vlc!!

Off to drink more water...
GOTTA LOVE JUDDD!!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:26 PM   #59

Quote:
Linda, I will definitely go and have a look... but I realized I hadn't... um... "gone" in two days, so I'm feeling less worried!
THIS ^^^^ will do it every time!! Drink LOTS of water, it helps to get me "going"!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Hello everyone!

It's been a crazy day at work so this is the first opportunity I have to log in today. Still haven't stepped on the scale... I've noticed that I tend to overeat on my UDs... Today's a DD, and i actually survived a trip to Burger King with coworks! I studied their nutrition chart (on the wall) and picked the 4-piece chicken (180 cal) with a side salad (40 cal) and ff ranch dressing (60 cal). I broke 3 pieces into small pieces, put on top of my salad, and used less than 1/3 of the dressing. So I think I had 195 cals,

I will work up the courage to step on the scale tomorrow morning,

Kristine

10/15/11 weight: 141
Closed Thread