Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Having Candy..for the first time in 6 months!

My fourth day at 137.25! My other scales make me 136....I KNOW I shouldnt get on them too...but I cant resist!
Am sticking to the first weight, as those scales go in 0.25 increments...the others only go in lbs.
2.25lbs to goal...

Today is a scary day for me...foodwise.
You may think I am daft to be scared...but I am going to have some peanut M&M's for supper!

I have had no sweets (candy) since starting LC in March...other than my choc bark, artificially sweetened puds etc.
As a former bulimic...who's l/c woe has "rescued" her..to say I am anxious is an understatement.
I have weighed out an ounce...and will keep them as my last food of my UD....they are about 190 cals...20 carbs!
I figure that if they do make me crave, or make me feel yucky..well I will be in bed soon!
They are my favourite candy ...in my heavier days, I would have a large bag in my handbag at ALL times

Being peanuts..they aren't as shockingly high carb as some other sweets...so a good starting point.

A part of me feels a bit of a "traitor" to my low carb woe....I DO believe a moderate amount of good carbs is a healthy way to live....but, even including my m&m's...my whole day will still be under 60 carbs..so still moderate..right?

Also a little worried that the scale will be up tomorrow....but if so..well, its only a tiny blip on a graph....

Do you think I am silly to try this so close to goal?

This is the start of me really living juddd...as a life time diet...trusting myself with treats...wish me luck!

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #452
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Cruzcrzy[/B];15084011]I am down today from 149.6 to 148.8. I am not sure what yesterday ended up being, lol. It was suppose to be a middle day, but, I ended up at about 1385 calories, so higher than a middle day. The day before that was a down day. I'm not really sure what today will be, lol. I will let my body lead me. Tomorrow will definitely be a down day. I'm encouraged and hopeful that I will get back down to 147 before all the birthday celebration for dh started .
Looks like you're well on your way back down after the birthday celebration, and that's sort of wonderful, isn't it. JUDDD lets you enjoy special occasions, complete with the special foods, and then responds to you when it's time to undo the celebration weight. Looks like you're doing that very well. Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
dazygyrl[/B];15084071]i mis-typed. i was down 0.6! even better! yeah, i was not disappointed...especially considering it's mid-cycle when i feel bloaty.

and no worries, i usually never have a problem reaching my UD calories. i never feel hunger on UD's and eat anyway just to get my calories in.
Hey! Even better loss. LOL You are doing such a good job. I keep you in mind when I need inspiration myself.

Hope Noah is feeling good this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
AmyInTX[/B];15084106]Up .2 even after my DD. Not too worried about this. I think its water weight because I feel very bloated and just down right blah.

I am not going to go overboard on my UD today!
You sure can never count on anything going up or coming down in a logical progression on this plan, can you! But you're doing great. I know you'll have a good UD to keep your metabolism up, and then another good DD to keep the calories low overall, and you'll be losing again very shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
avecrain[/B];15084200]Up 1.2 from 220.4 to 221.6 today, but after the biggest up day I've had in a while. Which should make a nice strict down day easier today! I'm excited to break into the 2hundred and teens, and hoping to do so in the next few days.
Avery, it's fun to take a BIG Up Day break sometimes, isn't it. You've done so well, and I have no doubt you'll be back down that 1.2 pounds very shortly and down into the teens very shortly as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
catjrow3[/B];15084414]So I was back down 1.2, but still up 0.6 after my DD... but I can eat today, so thats a good thing!!
The ups and downs sometimes make my head swirl too, but as long as it's more down than up, that's a good thing. Enjoy your UD.

I'm having an UD today too, and looking forward to a lunch buffet out with my DH. Two old codgers off painting the town read before it get dark!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
My fourth day at 137.25! My other scales make me 136....I KNOW I shouldnt get on them too...but I cant resist!
Am sticking to the first weight, as those scales go in 0.25 increments...the others only go in lbs.
2.25lbs to goal...

Today is a scary day for me...foodwise.
You may think I am daft to be scared...but I am going to have some peanut M&M's for supper!

I have had no sweets (candy) since starting LC in March...other than my choc bark, artificially sweetened puds etc.
As a former bulimic...who's l/c woe has "rescued" her..to say I am anxious is an understatement.
I have weighed out an ounce...and will keep them as my last food of my UD....they are about 190 cals...20 carbs!
I figure that if they do make me crave, or make me feel yucky..well I will be in bed soon!
They are my favourite candy ...in my heavier days, I would have a large bag in my handbag at ALL times

Being peanuts..they aren't as shockingly high carb as some other sweets...so a good starting point.

A part of me feels a bit of a "traitor" to my low carb woe....I DO believe a moderate amount of good carbs is a healthy way to live....but, even including my m&m's...my whole day will still be under 60 carbs..so still moderate..right?

Also a little worried that the scale will be up tomorrow....but if so..well, its only a tiny blip on a graph....

This is the start of me really living juddd...as a life time diet...trusting myself with treats...wish me luck!

Well, certainly 60 carbs is still considered low carb. Even quite low by most standards. So that's not a worry. It's just that most folks who eat peanut M & Ms are working them into diets that are otherwise high carb in many other areas as well.

And you may well be up in scale weight from doing this. But you know very well that it will only be water weight, so that goes away in however long, however many days, it takes it to go. But if you intend to be able to eat some of the higher carb foods during the rest of your life, at some point you have to make your peace with that water weight, so the *when* you do it may not really matter. It's just whenever it happens.

I think the coming to terms with the knowledge that JUDDD will allow you to eat more like your ideal hope, that is.. being able to have some treats like real scones and peanut M & M's and absolutely know you can trust JUDDD to moderate your appetites and keep you on the lovely even keel of cycling, not forbidding anything, but helping you know how to eat it all sensibly.. well, that's an important thing for us to come to terms with. That trusting in the JUDDD plan to work for us, and help us help ourselves.

Enjoy, and tell us how it went.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:42 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'm having an UD today too, and looking forward to a lunch buffet out with my DH. Two old codgers off painting the town read before it get dark!
Pat, painting the town read huh? LOL!! We are on the same schedule UD/DD... did you try to make pudding yesterday? Did it work for you? I agree 60 would be very low carbs for me!! I tend to be more around 200, although thats not net carbs, just regular... but I do best when I dont over do them! I am hoping for a new loss in a couple days at least, but we will see.. sitting here enjoying my old fashioned oatmeal with raspberries!! Yum.... (carbs of course!!)
Old 10-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #455
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
I bet you will do better than I do with those darn M&Ms! Enjoy it tonight, and tell us how it worked out!

Things would probably have worked better for me if we hadn't had a 2 pound bag for me to keep returning to.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jouette
Stats: goal: to lose 20-25lbs
WOE: trying 5:2 fast diet
Start Date: 4.8.13
Today's the beginning of my 4th day - it's an UD for me & i had 1/2 a pumpkin muffin with cream cheese & a pumpkin spice latte for breakfast. i feel so full! my DDs really shrink the ole tummy. So far, i'm scared to get on that scale - i tend to avoid the scale as much as possible, and weigh-in once a weekish. But reading here is very inspiring - your losses are so exciting!

Tomorrow I have a lunch date with some gfs - on a DD, so I'm planning on just having a salad. my DD cals have been around 600. anyway, just wanted to check in - so far, so good!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Pat, painting the town read huh? LOL!! We are on the same schedule UD/DD... did you try to make pudding yesterday? Did it work for you? I agree 60 would be very low carbs for me!! I tend to be more around 200, although thats not net carbs, just regular... but I do best when I dont over do them! I am hoping for a new loss in a couple days at least, but we will see.. sitting here enjoying my old fashioned oatmeal with raspberries!! Yum.... (carbs of course!!)
Oh, dear... we're back from our lunch out and a little walk in the sunny park, and now it's too late to edit that post. LOL Sorry.

I did make pudding yesterday. I turned my pumpkin shake into pumpkin pie pudding, and it was not just acceptably good for a DD, it was my best glucomannan effort so far.

I think you're doing a lot as I am doing these days. Enjoying being able to add back in some higher carb but still modest foods, grin and bear it as far as water weight goes, and just getting on with the pleasure of life. And all while trusting JUDDD to keep me at a weight I am content with. Except that you get in good workouts, and I get in modest workouts and more playing in the pool and whirlpool tub. Those are my excursions to my health club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I bet you will do better than I do with those darn M&Ms! Enjoy it tonight, and tell us how it worked out!

Things would probably have worked better for me if we hadn't had a 2 pound bag for me to keep returning to.
Ha, Paula. Speaking of that 2-pound bag, I wonder how much those bags at Sam's Club weigh. I have to stop in to buy candy bars for Halloween, and maybe I'll get some M & M's for us.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouette View Post
Today's the beginning of my 4th day - it's an UD for me & i had 1/2 a pumpkin muffin with cream cheese & a pumpkin spice latte for breakfast. i feel so full! my DDs really shrink the ole tummy. So far, i'm scared to get on that scale - i tend to avoid the scale as much as possible, and weigh-in once a weekish. But reading here is very inspiring - your losses are so exciting!

Tomorrow I have a lunch date with some gfs - on a DD, so I'm planning on just having a salad. my DD cals have been around 600. anyway, just wanted to check in - so far, so good!
Sounds like you're doing well, Jouette. I'll bet when you do step on the scale one of these days it will be a good reading. We pretty much find that if we stick to our DD calories and don't exceed our UD calorie ceiling, we can eat very, very well and usually still be seeing weight loss on the scale.

Your breakfast of pumpkin muffin w/cream cheese and a pumpkin spice latte sounds fabulous!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I think you're doing a lot as I am doing these days. Enjoying being able to add back in some higher carb but still modest foods, grin and bear it as far as water weight goes, and just getting on with the pleasure of life. And all while trusting JUDDD to keep me at a weight I am content with. Except that you get in good workouts, and I get in modest workouts and more playing in the pool and whirlpool tub. Those are my excursions to my health club.
Ya know, I am trying to come to that realization, while I am not as skinny as I would like to be, I am still 90 lbs less than I used to be, and for the most part, feel pretty good. I think I will keep this in the forefront of my mind and even I cannot lose more..for now... I can be content in my skin and eat normally half the month. I will still hope for weight loss, but be happy with maintaining... right??? LOL
Old 10-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Ya know, I am trying to come to that realization, while I am not as skinny as I would like to be, I am still 90 lbs less than I used to be, and for the most part, feel pretty good. I think I will keep this in the forefront of my mind and even I cannot lose more..for now... I can be content in my skin and eat normally half the month. I will still hope for weight loss, but be happy with maintaining... right??? LOL
Cathy, if I was being required to bet a huge hunk of my money on whether you would lose more weight, I'd bet that you will indeed lose more weight. Or certainly lose more *fat*. (Although from your avatar picture, it doesn't look like you have much left to lose!)

I think that you are at a place where you have several factors regarding scale weight all coming together at one point. You are getting in some good workouts, so you are building and maintaining good muscle. And maybe some weight gain from a bit of extra muscle you are developing. You are adding in some pleasant and yummy foods that are increasing your carb totals on a lot of your days, so that is undoubtedly increasing water weight in your body as your body builds and saves carb fuel, like it did prior to your pure low carb dieting, and that is increasing your body weight, and at the same time.. while you faithfully stick to your UD and DD calorie numbers, you should be losing a little fat. But that true loss is being overshadowed by gain from carbs, etc. at this time.

But I think it will all even out, and then you'll be seeing the loss showing up on the scale. I think your weight gain from muscle and carb/water storage will level off and your weight loss from fat will continue, so you'll eventually be lower than ever before and losing down to where you think you want to be.

And, yes, in the meantime, isn't it lovely?
Old 10-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Cathy, if I was being required to bet a huge hunk of my money on whether you would lose more weight, I'd bet that you will indeed lose more weight. Or certainly lose more *fat*. (Although from your avatar picture, it doesn't look like you have much left to lose!)

I think that you are at a place where you have several factors regarding scale weight all coming together at one point. You are getting in some good workouts, so you are building and maintaining good muscle. And maybe some weight gain from a bit of extra muscle you are developing. You are adding in some pleasant and yummy foods that are increasing your carb totals on a lot of your days, so that is undoubtedly increasing water weight in your body as your body builds and saves carb fuel, like it did prior to your pure low carb dieting, and that is increasing your body weight, and at the same time.. while you faithfully stick to your UD and DD calorie numbers, you should be losing a little fat. But that true loss is being overshadowed by gain from carbs, etc. at this time.

But I think it will all even out, and then you'll be seeing the loss showing up on the scale. I think your weight gain from muscle and carb/water storage will level off and your weight loss from fat will continue, so you'll eventually be lower than ever before and losing down to where you think you want to be.

And, yes, in the meantime, isn't it lovely?
Yup... my new attitude. I actually have at least 20 more to lose... If I got to my "really want goal of 130" I would still have 25-27 to lose... but I would be happy to get to 135 and stay there...
Old 10-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #462
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
Um...this is so weird, but....I just don't feel like eating. This is an UD and I still have about 600 calories left to hit my total for the day. i have felt like this for several days now...what gives?

P.S. I am not really complaining, just find it very very weird.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithgirl View Post
Um...this is so weird, but....I just don't feel like eating. This is an UD and I still have about 600 calories left to hit my total for the day. i have felt like this for several days now...what gives?

Ha! Isn't that the strangest thing? You don't have to worry about it if you can't get in all of your UD calories all the time. Dr. Johnson said we didn't always have to eat up to our UD calorie number. It's just that it does seem to help keep our metabolisms running at their individual best for us, but it's not always necessary.

Sounds like you're beginning to experience your appetite and hunger signals being reset at a somewhat more normal setting, which I loved when I noticed it happen to me. There are still days when I'm real hungry, and I figure after all this time now, my body wants more calories, so I listen for the most part, but it's nice for it to tell me that I'm not being asked to overeat nowdays either! I think it was when my little inner foodaholic finally realized that I could have anything at anytime, that everything relaxed and I came to feel comfortable with NOT having to have everything all the time. If that makes any sense. LOL

Enjoy the gift of having an appetite work normally. And that means, sometimes you just aren't all that hungry. Strange but true.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #464
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:

THIS ^^^ is the beauty of JUDDD.....lack of hunger!! I am always amazed by this because I never had this with any other plan I did.

I want to suggest you try to eat closer to your UD. It will really help tomorrow to fend off hunger on your DD, at least that is how it works for me. If I don't eat close to my UD cals I'm more hunger on the DD following.

Last edited by Beeb; 10-13-2011 at 06:32 PM..
Old 10-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #465
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies. i am going to try and get a couple hundred more calories in tonight. I don't want to be thinking, I wish I had eaten_______last night when I had the calories. Love it!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #466
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Thanks ladies. i am going to try and get a couple hundred more calories in tonight. I don't want to be thinking, I wish I had eaten_______last night when I had the calories. Love it!
Have kicked myself a few DDs for not eating something I wanted when I had the chance! Now I put my UD favs in a section of the fridge just for this reason! Now I remember to eat it!

So, did Jo eat those M & Ms?! Can't wait to hear!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post

So, did Jo eat those M & Ms?! Can't wait to hear!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #468
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope she did. We all need a treat now and then!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:10 AM   #469

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/134/129-131
Nice drop on the scale(stats to the left). I hope to hold onto most of it, and would like to settle at a stable 147 by mid next week. We'll see. Monday will mark a month on JUDDD. Today is a down day for me. I am going to try to walk my full route today.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:18 AM   #470
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh, really struggling on my up days with hunger and nighttime snacking. Had another 2500 calorie day, I'm up another 1.4 pounds to 131 (higher than when I started september 10th).
Old 10-14-2011, 04:26 AM   #471

Paula, are you getting enough protein/calories earlier in the day?
Old 10-14-2011, 04:38 AM   #472
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Paula, are you getting enough protein/calories earlier in the day?
Yes, I ended with 200 grams of protein yesterday (which is actually more than I've ever eaten in one day). Chicken drumsticks and salmon.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:09 AM   #473

Quote:
Yes, I ended with 200 grams of protein yesterday (which is actually more than I've ever eaten in one day). Chicken drumsticks and salmon.
Well, so much for that theory. Coincidently, I had my highest protein day yesterday at 142 grams. I'm hungry today, and this is my down day also. I wish I could be more help. I am sure Linda and Pat will have some words of wisdom for you. Hang in there.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:11 AM   #474
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Well, so much for that theory. Coincidently, I had my highest protein day yesterday at 142 grams. I'm hungry today, and this is my down day also. I wish I could be more help. I am sure Linda and Pat will have some words of wisdom for you. Hang in there.
I'm frustrated but no intention of throwing in the towel yet! And today's a DD, so I'll be good at handling it.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:15 AM   #475

Quote:
I'm frustrated but no intention of throwing in the towel yet! And today's a DD, so I'll be good at handling it.
I am glad to hear that. I love JUDDD and I am a convert . My eating has been INSANE, imo, and I am maintaining, even losing a bit. I am really thrilled. I like the cycling as it keeps me on track.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:25 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Weighed in at an even 220 today after a DD, down from 221.6 yesterday. PHEW. I am still excited to break into the teens, but 220 is good too, because it's down exactly 20 pounds from when I started 40 days ago!!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:16 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Yes...Jo DID have her M&M's!

Put eating them off so long, in case I wanted to binge....I ended up in bed...DH snoring away...me reading a book and munching!

They were delicious! I enjoyed every one...but not quite as much as I thought I would...not "OMG...I have to go finish the rest of the packet" kind of wonderful...just..good!

Yes, I COULD have eaten more, but was fine with what I had....I am the type of person who could ALWAYS eat more...of most things!

There are two more portions for other UD's...then..maybe a shop bought scone next...who knows?

Had no decernable reaction to them either...but, thinking of it logically...why would I? My carbs were still only 60 for the day...which they have been plenty of times before...my cals were just over 1700...to my body it was just another juddding day....its really a mental thing for me!

Got on the scales this morning...and down another 0.5lb....now 136.75!

I have been really lucky!

Hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-14-2011, 06:17 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/156/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/
I'm up .6 lb. after UD. I'm ok and just hoping I can restrain myself tonight-going out with friends for supper, I'm hoping to be very low cal all day and be careful later. No way to count calories tonight. I really hoped we would do this tomorrow night on my UD but I'm needing to learn how to eat right.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

I am up 0.2 after my UD, not too bad, but still up 0.8 from 4 days ago... maybe tomorrow after my DD today right?? I have my foods planned out for my 600 calorie day and am about to hit the exercise circuit too.

Paula, I am feeling your pain. I do pretty well too until after dinner. I even run at night and then take a long bath, and then it still hits me after that. Maybe I need to move the exercise and bath right up to bedtime so I wont have any time after that to think about what I can pillage in the cabinets!!

Joedi, good for you on the m&ms... and yeah for the 1/2 lb loss too!! You are sooooo close!!!! Whatever will you do when you get there???

Last edited by catjrow3; 10-14-2011 at 08:05 AM..
Old 10-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 205/188.4/135 5'5.5"
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
I am up a pound from 2 days ago. But still, like yesterday, feeling heavy and bleah. I think perhaps I need more roughage. ...or something along those lines.

Jo: Yay for M & M's!! Glad you enjoyed them and you were satisfied with what you had. And good for you on the additional loss. Oooo, you're almost there, huh? WOOT!!

Avecrain: Congrats on a nice loss. Woo-Hoo!! The teens are just around the corner. Yay!

Cruz: Awesome job on another loss! Work it! Own it!

Paula, Cathy and Anne: I posted a gain today, too. Hugs for all of us. All of you at least were coming off of an UD...my pound gain is post-DD.

Oh well...not gonna let it get me down. I have a nice UD planned, ending with a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house tonight. I plan to taste whatever looks interesting and do my best at estimating my calories while I'm there. I also plan on spending some cash, which will be fun, too.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Closed Thread