Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 06:09 AM   #421
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
My UD yesterday was a fail! Almost 2800 calories, including 2 large brownies.

Up 1.8 pounds...I deserve that. I was just SO hungry all day, maybe a hormonal thing? Was last day of TOM.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2011, 06:52 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
i weighed in at 220.4 lbs this morning, which i am very happy about. i just went up and visited my college this weekend, and although i soooorrrta kept to UD/DD, my DDs ended up higher, i didn't work out as much, and i drank a large amount of beer on saturday. yet my weigh-in today is consistent with what i should have gotten for my weekly weigh-in on monday morning, so i'm on schedule two days behind schedule, which is absolutely fine with me!!

UD today. i got up and jogged 2 miles because i've been wanting to try working out in a fasted/semi-fasted state. it wasn't too bad--i could tell in my legs that i hadn't eaten very much in a while, but it was a short run and great to come home to a delicious breakfast! toasted almonds, yogurt, blueberries, maple syrup, and green tea.

i'm excited to be nearly out of the 220s! i haven't been regularly weighing myself for years, but i bet this is the lowest i've been in the past 4 years
Old 10-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #423
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
catjrow3[/B];15080466]I think I bought gluc but have not used it. I am a chocolate lover ... so if there is one for chocolate and what are the calories?
Chocolate would be my favorite too. I don't make gluc pudding, so maybe I need to be adding this into my DDs. It's rainy here today.. so no working outdoors. This might be a good day to experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
dazygyrl[/B];15080689]weight is up 1.2 from yesterday. but i see a downward trend....my upticks on the scale are lower than previous upticks after UD's. not seeing huge drops, but slow and steady wins the race, right?
Yeah, JUDDD isn't usually a really fast way to drop weight, but it sure is one you can pretty much depend upon to do it for you. If you're calorie ceilings are where they should be, and if you adhere to them, it's pretty much going to happen for you.

You are so beautiful and slim already, you can't be far from goal by now. You've sure done a great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Cruzcrzy[/B];15080760]I am the same today(149.6) after my DD. I may make today a middle day, we'll see. If I do, I will then continue on track with the every other day UD/DD.

Onward and downward. Keep up the good work, all. It doesn't even feel like work does it? I LOVE JUDDD!
I love JUDDD too. I track daily too. Good thing I don't hang my whole day on that scale reading each morning, 'cause some mornings it's wildly up from the previous day, and half the time I don't have the foggiest notion of why. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
1annewil[/B];15080850]Oh, I feel so excited. I am down a lb to 156.6. Yesterday was an UD but I was careful-no real sugar but an apple and sf caramel for after dinner treat. Monday was a DD and I hope to get through this weekend with lots of company and stuff going on. I just want to not overdo. I'm trying to think out my options and not just go with the flow.
Congratulations on being down. I eat apples a lot, and they not only don't seem to make my weight rise, they actually seem to help with stability or loss, depending on the calories overall.

I know you are wanting to proceed carefully with your food choices, now that you have all options open to you, and if you decide to add back in bits of the higher carb foods, it sounds like you won't be seeing any wild swings from them, doing it in the very moderate way you are doing.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
I am up 1.8 again today... and DD today. Lets hope for something nice tomorrow. Doubt I will have another 4 lb drop like last time, but it sounds nice!! I might try the gluc pudding we will see!!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
paulabob[/B];15080898]My UD yesterday was a fail! Almost 2800 calories, including 2 large brownies.

Up 1.8 pounds...I deserve that. I was just SO hungry all day, maybe a hormonal thing? Was last day of TOM.
BUT... in all things JUDDD is forgiving. Maybe you were needing that day for some reason, and you will now be in a position to do a good DD and shed the extra quickly. And, yum.. brownies. Is this a low carb recipe that can be baked without a lot of special commercial bake mixes and products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
avecrain[/B];15081022]i weighed in at 220.4 lbs this morning, which i am very happy about. i just went up and visited my college this weekend, and although i soooorrrta kept to UD/DD, my DDs ended up higher, i didn't work out as much, and i drank a large amount of beer on saturday. yet my weigh-in today is consistent with what i should have gotten for my weekly weigh-in on monday morning, so i'm on schedule two days behind schedule, which is absolutely fine with me!!

UD today. i got up and jogged 2 miles because i've been wanting to try working out in a fasted/semi-fasted state. it wasn't too bad--i could tell in my legs that i hadn't eaten very much in a while, but it was a short run and great to come home to a delicious breakfast! toasted almonds, yogurt, blueberries, maple syrup, and green tea.

i'm excited to be nearly out of the 220s! i haven't been regularly weighing myself for years, but i bet this is the lowest i've been in the past 4 years
Big congratulations to you on the great job you are doing, both with your JUDDD, but especially in working this way of eating into your LIFE! That was always one of the most disappointing things about most any other diet plan I did. Many don't adapt to being able to socialize in real life situations, without you having to go through the *I can't have this* and *I can't eat that* filtering process.

With JUDDD, you can easily change your UD/DD rotation to make sure your occasion IS scheduled to fall on an UD, or else.. you can just suck it up after the social occasion and get on with JUDDDing, and be right back on plan with little damage done in the long term. How great is that for a diet plan? Talk about getting to Have your Cake and Eat it Too!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
I am up 1.8 again today... and DD today. Lets hope for something nice tomorrow. Doubt I will have another 4 lb drop like last time, but it sounds nice!! I might try the gluc pudding we will see!!
LOL.. One thing about JUDDD. It isn't long before you realize that your weight is almost never going to be quite stable again, and you had better come to terms with some BIG bounces. The first time I was up by FOUR POUNDS from one morning to the next I about fainted. Then I finally just decided to weight daily but only worry about the weekly and bi-weekly trend. And that helped me relax.

I'm thinking about some gluc pudding today too. You have whetted my appetite.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
LOL.. One thing about JUDDD. It isn't long before you realize that your weight is almost never going to be quite stable again, and you had better come to terms with some BIG bounces. The first time I was up by FOUR POUNDS from one morning to the next I about fainted. Then I finally just decided to weight daily but only worry about the weekly and bi-weekly trend. And that helped me relax.

I'm thinking about some gluc pudding today too. You have whetted my appetite.
WEll not sure how long it takes to set up, but I did 1.5 cups of fluid (1/2 almond milk, 1/2 water) and then 3/4 tsp of gluc, 1 diet cocoa packet and 1/2 tsp of chocolate extract and about 6 drops of sweetz... so hopefully it will take and taste okay. hard to tell as its liquid right now. Is that normal? Should it take time to set up? anyone who has made it??
Old 10-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #428

Quote:
WEll not sure how long it takes to set up, but I did 1.5 cups of fluid (1/2 almond milk, 1/2 water) and then 3/4 tsp of gluc, 1 diet cocoa packet and 1/2 tsp of chocolate extract and about 6 drops of sweetz... so hopefully it will take and taste okay. hard to tell as its liquid right now. Is that normal? Should it take time to set up? anyone who has made it??
It does take a bit to do the whole gel and set thing, but did you put it in a shaker container or mix it all up with a little mixer? I think that actually helps it along.

I'll be watching for your report of *How did it Taste?* LOL
Old 10-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #429
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
BUT... in all things JUDDD is forgiving. Maybe you were needing that day for some reason, and you will now be in a position to do a good DD and shed the extra quickly. And, yum.. brownies. Is this a low carb recipe that can be baked without a lot of special commercial bake mixes and products?
It was just birthday brownies, so the real mccoy (aka joy of cooking's recipe). I should have thought ahead and made myself a mug cake, then I would have been fine cause I LOVE those mugcakes. DS wasn't home until 9:00 because of marching practice, so it was one of those late night temptations when i thought I was "done" eating for the day. I'm still hungry today, so I had a mini early lunch, and planning a mini later lunch plus regular DD dinner. I'd rather overdo calories today on my DD but plan for it then head off the rails! I like to feel in control.

Cathy Hope we both shed our 1.8 up and then some!
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
Old 10-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #430
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
It does take a bit to do the whole gel and set thing, but did you put it in a shaker container or mix it all up with a little mixer? I think that actually helps it along.

Look here, Pat....lot's of info on the gluc pudding:

Gluc Pudding? Texture?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #431

I've been over there reading the gluc pudding thread, Linda. That's what has been making me hungry for pudding.

Usually on DDs I just eat regular food, although I thicken a shake with a tiny bit of gluc, or use tiny amounts of it to thicken sauces or my General Tso sauce, etc.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I put it in a bowl with a lid and shook it .... but did not use a blender or anything... Think it wont set that way??
Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #433

Quote:
I put it in a bowl with a lid and shook it .... but did not use a blender or anything... Think it wont set that way??
If you have enough powder all shook up in there, it'll set for sure.

ETA: I guess the opposite of that is, if it doesn't thicken up, you don't have enough gluc powder in it. LOL
Old 10-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #434
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
It should set fine since this is what I did. I left it over night and I could have used less gluc since it was so thick the next day!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
After seeing the comment that the store in Canada could not sell glucommanan I googled it.

Here is what I came up with:

Precautions:
Glucomannan tablets are not considered safe because they may cause blockages of the throat or intestines, termed gastrointestinal obstruction. Several countries have actually banned glucomannan due to its high prevalence of gastrointestinal obstruction. The Cleveland Clinic also recommends that diabetics avoid taking glucomannanm, as it may interfere with blood sugar levels.

I had read some time ago that the capsules were not good to use.

I love using Gluc powder, but I make sure I use it in a lot of liquid. i think as long as it is used in cooking, it is combined with other things so should not be a problem. Canada does not sell a lot of things we are used to buying in the US. They also have some great things we cannot buy here such as the yogurt and the good brown sugar sub that is now illegal here!!

I think there are a lot of things that can be unsafe for us to ingest without knowing what the problems could be. As long as we know the safe way to use it we are OK.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
My weight was down again this morning by .8, so now I'm 184.8. Almost back to where I was pre-muffin. Lol. Today is an UD. I've had 800 cal so far...need to find another 800 before the day is over. I think I'll grill some cheeseburgers tonight...that should help.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
It should set fine since this is what I did. I left it over night and I could have used less gluc since it was so thick the next day!
Well it had been in there for a couple hours or so and was not very set.. it was not watery but not "pudding" type, so I added about 1/3 of 1/2 tsp and used a whisk beater on it, and put it back in. We will see if it gets thicker!!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #438

Quote:
Well it had been in there for a couple hours or so and was not very set.. it was not watery but not "pudding" type, so I added about 1/3 of 1/2 tsp and used a whisk beater on it, and put it back in. We will see if it gets thicker!!
For a pudding texture, I use a minimum of 1 teaspoon of the gluc powder to a cup of fluid. A little bit more is even better.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

I do not think I did it right and it had big lumps... I will try again next DD and see what happens!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Seabreezes[/B];15082170]After seeing the comment that the store in Canada could not sell glucommanan I googled it.

Here is what I came up with:

Precautions:
Glucomannan tablets are not considered safe because they may cause blockages of the throat or intestines, termed gastrointestinal obstruction. Several countries have actually banned glucomannan due to its high prevalence of gastrointestinal obstruction. The Cleveland Clinic also recommends that diabetics avoid taking glucomannanm, as it may interfere with blood sugar levels.

I had read some time ago that the capsules were not good to use.

I love using Gluc powder, but I make sure I use it in a lot of liquid. i think as long as it is used in cooking, it is combined with other things so should not be a problem. Canada does not sell a lot of things we are used to buying in the US. They also have some great things we cannot buy here such as the yogurt and the good brown sugar sub that is now illegal here!!

I think there are a lot of things that can be unsafe for us to ingest without knowing what the problems could be. As long as we know the safe way to use it we are OK.
I think you have this exactly. I agree with you too. Use it in cooking, use it to thicken fluids and sauces, etc. Don't swallow it in powder form, even in the guise of capsules, and then not expect it to expand in your stomach and gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Mommie22boys[/B];15082233]My weight was down again this morning by .8, so now I'm 184.8. Almost back to where I was pre-muffin. Lol. Today is an UD. I've had 800 cal so far...need to find another 800 before the day is over. I think I'll grill some cheeseburgers tonight...that should help.
Glad you're almost back down to pre-muffin weight. I don't use those fiber and baking products.. nothing besides the gluc powder and occasionally protein powder in a shake, and you guys have pretty much scared me off of any muffins in my future. I'm just planning on getting my fiber from fruits and veggies, and muffins are going to be the old fashioned kind, like mama made.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:05 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/156/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/
I'm so happy to report another lb-down to 155.2. That's after a DD that prolly was over 850 calories but no real sugar or flour. This is working but I approach the scale each day with trepidation-will it stop soon?
Old 10-13-2011, 04:14 AM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
morning!

fasting DD yesterday. i was only down 0.4 after this DD, normally it's over a pound, but i am still uber bloaty from mid-cycle so not too worried.

UD today!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:20 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
No weigh-in this morning after yesterday's UD. Feeling kinda blah/heavy today. I'm mid-cycle, but don't know if thy means anything...prolly just me lookon for something to blame.

Today is a DD. Yay!! Have a great one!!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:26 AM   #444
Blabbermouth!!!

Down .6. Tuesday's uber Up Day really set me back. .4 above last Thursday's weight, and still 2.6 pounds above Saturday's weight. Perhaps I haven't lost all the water weight yet from those brownies. I ate them so late at night Tuesday.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
1annewil[/B];15083765]I'm so happy to report another lb-down to 155.2. That's after a DD that prolly was over 850 calories but no real sugar or flour. This is working but I approach the scale each day with trepidation-will it stop soon?
Congrats on another pound gone. That's wonderful, and lots of fun for sure.

And, yes.. it may certainly slow down after a bit, since we know a pound of lost fat means we've eaten at the enormous calorie rate of 3,500 calories less than our maintenance needs to lose that pound. We know we don't eat at that 3,500 calorie deficit each day, so we know that much of those losses are water accumulation and the weight of meals still within us, etc. But certainly some of that is actual body fat that is melting away too, and that's the best thing of all.

You're doing a really good job, Anne, so I hope you don't even worry about it. Just enjoy it as long as it lasts and then continue to believe as you continue eating on the JUDDD plan, knowing that you will be practically guaranteed to arrive at goal that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
dazygyrl[/B];15083777]..........fasting DD yesterday. i was only down 0.4 after this DD, normally it's over a pound, but i am still uber bloaty from mid-cycle so not too worried..........
I think that .4 loss is pretty darned good though, and congratulate you on that loss. As I was just saying to Anne above, when it takes a 3,500 calorie deficit to lose a pound of fat, it's hard to expect a full one pound loss to happen in only a single 24-hour period, even after a full fast. But that you had some loss at that rate at this time when you are already quite slim (and beautiful) is really good. I think you're really doing well!!!!!

Be sure to have a great big full Up Day of calories to keep your metabolism running at top notch speed, and overall that will help your weight control efforts the most for the rest of your life. I'm trying to improve myself that way as the weeks go on. Hoping..

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Mommie22boys[/B];15083787]No weigh-in this morning after yesterday's UD. Feeling kinda blah/heavy today. I'm mid-cycle, but don't know if thy means anything...prolly just me lookon for something to blame..........Today is a DD.
Have a great DD today. The DDs are really where it counts. The difference in weight loss between doing good DDs and not, can really be seen on the scale. Those are the days that really give us the loss, and I know you do good DDs, so I'll bet when you weigh in tomorrow morning you'll be happy. Have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
paulabob[/B];15083795]Down .6. Tuesday's uber Up Day really set me back. .4 above last Thursday's weight, and still 2.6 pounds above Saturday's weight. Perhaps I haven't lost all the water weight yet from those brownies. I ate them so late at night Tuesday.
Sorry you're still struggling with bringing yourself back down from the *Super Tuesday* feast you enjoyed. And actually, it hasn't been all that long from Tuesday night to Thursday morning to lose all the water retention weight that you might have put on. You probably carbed up pretty well from that, especially since you might be more carb sensitive these days, and you know how it always takes us that first week or so of starting Atkins to shed all the water weight, so maybe you're right on track, time-wise.

The gain of water retention weight is the only sort of disappointing thing we have to get used to if we decide to add back in some higher carbs. I know you don't really intend to much, but for some of us, having carbs in our diet means carbed up bodies, which means we weigh several/many pounds heavier on the scale than we'd have to if we ate strictly low carb. I made that choice, but I know it's frustrating for those who don't wish to go that way. I'm sorry. But I know it'll be gone shortly, and in the meantime you may well still be shedding some fat. Good luck. I think you're doing well.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #446

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
I am down today from 149.6 to 148.8. I am not sure what yesterday ended up being, lol. It was suppose to be a middle day, but, I ended up at about 1385 calories, so higher than a middle day. The day before that was a down day. I'm not really sure what today will be, lol. I will let my body lead me. Tomorrow will definitely be a down day. I'm encouraged and hopeful that I will get back down to 147 before all the birthday celebration for dh started .

Last edited by Cruzcrzy; 10-13-2011 at 06:36 AM..
Old 10-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
thanks, pat! i mis-typed. i was down 0.6! even better! yeah, i was not disappointed...especially considering it's mid-cycle when i feel bloaty.

and no worries, i usually never have a problem reaching my UD calories. i never feel hunger on UD's and eat anyway just to get my calories in.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:46 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
Up .2 even after my DD. Not too worried about this. I think its water weight because I feel very bloated and just down right blah.

I am not going to go overboard on my UD today!

Congrats to all of the losers
Old 10-13-2011, 07:14 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Up 1.2 from 220.4 to 221.6 today, but after the biggest up day I've had in a while. Which should make a nice strict down day easier today! I'm excited to break into the 2hundred and teens, and hoping to do so in the next few days.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

So I was back down 1.2, but still up 0.6 after my DD... but I can eat today, so thats a good thing!!
Closed Thread