Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Wow Carrie, you look amazing, and what a BEAUTIFUL WOMAN you are!! very nice!! ARe you at goal... you look like you dont have an ounce more to lose!!! Nice work!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
thank you, nikki and cathy!

nikki....i am 5'4"

cathy...i would like to get to 128 and maintain between 128-30. the extra hides well, but it IS there.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, I wish I could hide it so well too!! Either way, you have done wonderfully, your beautiful and you look great!! Congrats!! Jealous!!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you're sweet, cathy...thank you.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #365
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Wow, awesome pics! I can't believe how fantastic you look!

You must be the hottest mama around!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you make me blush, ladies...it's such a journey, ya know? To see where I was and now...humbling...
Old 10-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #367
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
Nikki, that sounds very much like our Thanksgiving. I love this time of year. Enjoy!

Dazy-you are skeeny! But a good skinny, you look very healthy. I know you have worked hard to get where you are and it really shows. Great job!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #368
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I am just tickled pink about how well you guys are doing!

You know, when you stop to think about it, we have people here who had just hit a wall with low carbing, even getting to the point where they were gaining weight on strict LC, but JUDDD got weight loss going again for them.

We have people who apparently have some great building muscle going on while they are losing weight at the same time, and have overpowered the pause on the scale to kick it into a downward direction again.. even with the extra exercise and muscle building.

We have women who might very well expect scale weight to increase as they get to good ol' TOM, and they see nothing more than a blip on the scale and then, that number goes down lower than before!

And there are those of us who have struggled with some eating compulsions which JUDDD has now normalized for us, allowing us to begin to feel normal about the food in our life, and the food we get to face each day from now on.

Pretty remarkable. And you folks are just reporting on the journey as you go along. I love coming here to read about your hard work and accomplishments, the ups and downs of your journey, the occasional blip and mostly the clear flying. Thanks, all of you, for posting here and keeping me inspired! I you all!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Still 137.75....8 days the same....right through my pmt...and into tom!

Good updays, good down days...tom bloating...not a twitch either way on the scale!I actually took out my old scale to check....it is always .75 lb lower than my fancy one (damn technology..lol!) and it said 137..so I knew it isnt a scale error!

It is just weird.

I have had a really hungry tom this month...and am proud of myself in not going over my limits at all....thank goodness for gluc pudding and Ouizs muffins!

Cant wait for tom to be over to see if there has been a loss hiding under there!

Carrie...you look beautiful....I need to get out my older pics to see how far I have come...trouble is..I was a lot more camera shy then!

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 10-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Carrie: you look fantastic! What a big change! Your pictures are inspiring...my starting weight is mid-190's and I'm looking to get to right about where you are. I'm anxious to be able to have pictures of myself looking as good as you do! Congrats!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #371

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Carrie,

thanks for posting the pictures. You are such an inspiration, beautiful lady! I hope you and Noah are enjoying your evening with the family. What a sweet boy you have there, just like his momma .
Old 10-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you, ladies... i don't ever want to come across as braggy, so forgive me if it comes across that way by posting the pictures. seeing others pictures has always been so helpful for me, i only hope mine may help someone else.

marie...it's great to be home. i just wish he felt better. still quite nauseated....has gotten sick once on the way home and twice since being home. he will drink, thankfully and time between getting sick is pretty long so he is absorbing some fluids. i just don't want to have to take him back for dehydration.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #373
Blabbermouth!!!

Dazy, you didn't sound a bit braggy. I am happy to see your success, it gives me something to look forward to.

I went shopping this moring and was shocked to see shirataki noodles at my local Albertsons. They are the tofu ones and I don't normally eat that, but I had to try some since the gluc ones I ordered won't be here until Tuesday and I have a DD tomorrow. So after thinking and thinking about what I would put on them, I came up with mac and cheese-these are the macaroni shaped noodles. So I look at the bag, and wala! I have reinvented the wheel becuase hungry girl is on the back of the package with the exact same recipe I came up with in my head.

Anyway I opened the bag and good golly those were the nastiest smelling things! i mean, I knew they stank from reading about them, but whoa! They STINK! I rinsed them really well, popped them in the microwave a couple minuts and rinsed again. I put my ingredients in, and then decided to add garlic powder just in case any of the stink was left. A LOT of garlic powder. Take that hungry girl!

Anway I finally got the nerve up to try one noodle. The texture was really gross. I never thought of myself as someone having problems with texture, but I may with these. I am taking them for tomorrow's lunch plus a very small salad. I hope I can get them down or I am going to be very hungry. I work out in the middle of nowhere so there's no place to go and get anything without driving 15-20 minutes and I only have 30 minutes for lunch. Wish me luck with these things. They could be a lifesaver if I can manage to eat them.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #374
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithgirl View Post
They could be a lifesaver if I can manage to eat them.
I like them in chicken lettuce wraps. They are basically bulk and take on the flavor of what you put around them. Texturally, they are crap.

I like the suggestion of parboiling them, then drying them in an oven till they get slightly crisp, then adding them to their dish. Seems to do the best for them texture wise.

But if you want noodles...they really don't work quite right!

I like the volume they give on my down days!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:48 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Has anyone here tried natto this is fermented soy beans. It's suposed to be an extreemly
healthy food. It may however win the prize as the most repulsive food in existance it's
not only that it stinks but it is super slimey. Hay I like boiled okra but this stuff is at least
20 times that slimey realy in a class all by itself.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:45 AM   #376
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Has anyone here tried natto this is fermented soy beans. It's suposed to be an extreemly
healthy food. It may however win the prize as the most repulsive food in existance it's
not only that it stinks but it is super slimey. Hay I like boiled okra but this stuff is at least
20 times that slimey realy in a class all by itself.
Sounds scary I had to throw out the miso I bought just couldn't stand the flavor.

Down .4 after my UD, 3 pounds above Sat's weight. DD today. Feeling less bloated. Lunch packed, help me resist the vending machines today!

Why oh why did I have to wake up at 4am? I'm going to be SO exhausted by the end of the day!

Tomorrow is DS's bday, he has requested brownies. Can't believe my baby is 15. How did fifteen years go by so fast?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:17 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning.

well, as i figured, my scale this morning said i am the exact weight i was on friday (134.2) when i weighed last on my scale. so that would be up 2.3 from my VT low (131.9) of yesterday morning on the hospital scale. i think i will just delete those sat and sun's weights from my chart. looks terrible on the graph with a big spike UP like that!! lol....the good thing is i *feel* a little smaller.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #378

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Good Morning,

as I predicted I am up. I am 148.6. I strongly dislike breaking away from the tradtional up day/down day every other day. My body is ready for a down day, and it's not going to get it until tomorrow. My last down day was on Friday! I hope to walk today, and find my injury is healed.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:36 AM   #379

Good Morning, Everyone. It's been a whirlwind around here but I try to grab a few minutes off and on to check in at LCF and here. You JUDDDers are really doing a remarkable job at this, doing the work while enjoying your meals, all seemingly settled into the routine and cycle and reaping the benefits and rewards, weight loss or maintenance. Your posts continue to keep me inspired.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

After 9 days at the same weight...and 3 days into tom...I am down 1/2 a lb!
So pleased to see a little downward line of my graph...after that one long flatline!

Hopefully I will also start to be less likely to want to eat everything in sight...at least, untill next month!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-10-2011, 07:11 AM   #381

That is the longest I've heard of anyone remaining the same weight. It seems like for myself, I'm at least bouncing within my little scale weight area.

Glad to hear you're down that half pound, and I expect there is more to follow. Woo Hoo.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Good job Joedi, glad it finally dropped for you.

Carrie, sorry yours went back up... just a difference in scales is all... figures though huh?? You look 131 not 134

Marie, sorry you bounced up a little, I am sure it will go right away for you!!

As for me... After my UD and of course, TOM and a few too many carbs, up 2.6 again after staying the same for 3 days.. BOO!!!!

I hate dieting! LOL
Old 10-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #383
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
MORNING EVERYONE!! Well, weight is up today 1 pound but that is after a DD that included a some drinking and an UD with Chinese food (yea, I finally had it ) and very little sleep last night because of a GIANT hornet's nest right above my bedroom window on the tree! OMG, I swear I could hear those buggers swarming all night long!! . Bee keeper came and cut it down! It was really scary, but at least they are gone/going away!! I want the cold.......I HATE BUGS/BEES!! So it's off to a good DD and drinking lots to flush out this pound. Feeling good and thanks you guys for reading and posting on my Journey thread on the Main Forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
thank you, ladies... i don't ever want to come across as braggy, so forgive me if it comes across that way by posting the pictures. seeing others pictures has always been so helpful for me, i only hope mine may help someone else.

marie...it's great to be home. i just wish he felt better. still quite nauseated....has gotten sick once on the way home and twice since being home. he will drink, thankfully and time between getting sick is pretty long so he is absorbing some fluids. i just don't want to have to take him back for dehydration.
Sending Noah my and and hopes he is feeling better today! Your pics are AMAZING!! You look wonderful and SHOULD brag (even though you are NOT doing that at all)!! I know if I looked like you I would!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
After 9 days at the same weight...and 3 days into tom...I am down 1/2 a lb!
So pleased to see a little downward line of my graph...after that one long flatline!

Hopefully I will also start to be less likely to want to eat everything in sight...at least, untill next month!

hugs
Jo
x
HURRAY!!!! I KNEW it would happen and I'm SO glad you hung in there, my friend!!! When we are so close to goal it's like going somewhere we are so excited to go to, but seems to take FOREVER to get there! You will be at the goal in no time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Good job Joedi, glad it finally dropped for you.

Carrie, sorry yours went back up... just a difference in scales is all... figures though huh?? You look 131 not 134

Marie, sorry you bounced up a little, I am sure it will go right away for you!!

As for me... After my UD and of course, TOM and a few too many carbs, up 2.6 again after staying the same for 3 days.. BOO!!!!

I hate dieting! LOL
Please hang in! I know you will find the right WOE for you and I'm hoping it's JUDDD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Good Morning,

as I predicted I am up. I am 148.6. I strongly dislike breaking away from the tradtional up day/down day every other day. My body is ready for a down day, and it's not going to get it until tomorrow. My last down day was on Friday! I hope to walk today, and find my injury is healed.
Hope you get that walk in today and your injury is all better! I, too, like the constancy of UD/DD and always know I'm heading for a gain when it doesn't happen, but as we all know, it comes off and that is a very thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
Sounds scary I had to throw out the miso I bought just couldn't stand the flavor.

Down .4 after my UD, 3 pounds above Sat's weight. DD today. Feeling less bloated. Lunch packed, help me resist the vending machines today!

Why oh why did I have to wake up at 4am? I'm going to be SO exhausted by the end of the day!

Tomorrow is DS's bday, he has requested brownies. Can't believe my baby is 15. How did fifteen years go by so fast?
Mine are turning 25 and 22! How is that possible when I'm only 35 years old?! AND STEP AWAY FROM THE VENDING MACHINE! You know that's a black hole and you DON'T want to go there!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 10-10-2011 at 09:01 AM..
Old 10-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh. So, in true addict manner, I weighed myself yesterday morning following my UD (just like I said I wouldn't ). Of course, I showed a gain of 1.4 up to 185.8. No problem...I knew it would be up. My plan was to be uber-sparing with calories on yesterday's DD to combat it. I had just over 300 for the day...

<enter Scale Addict, stage left>

...so I got on the scale last night to see how much damage I was able to undo with my ultra-low DD. Not only had I not undone anything, that rotten scale said I had gained another 2.8 pounds up to 188!! What!?! I ate next to nothing yesterday. I doubt that everything ate, put on a scale together, would have come to 2.8 pounds. I am with frustration. So this morning's weigh in has me at 186.2, which is almost 2 pounds over where I was 2 days ago.

So what went wrong? Here's my ideas of possible culprits:

Suspect #1: Un-tracked UD on Saturday. Honestly, I don't think I was a maniac with food that day, but I don't know what my actual numbers were for the day. Plus, why would my scale continue to go up throughout the day yesterday because of that? This is my least likely suspect.

Suspect #2: Exercise on Saturday. We're not talking balls-to-the-wall HIIT, or anything. I went for a bike ride with the boys. But since it's more than I usually do, and I know you're muscles can hold water in response, this stays on the list of possibles.

Suspect #3: Decreased water intake. I have a tendency to drink less fluids on the weekend, but this is a usual pattern for me. Maybe...it stays on the list.

Suspect #4: Yesterday's DD pumpkin muffin. This was something I had never had before. Made with wheat bran, powdered fiber one cereal, and gluc. The wheat bran and cereal are brand new foods to me, and I remember the wheat bran giving Joedi some problems. Plus, I had some tummy "issues" earlier today which is unusual for me. I'm thinking my body was none too pleased with my muffin and held onto major water in an effort to combat it. This is number one on my suspect list.

So, wise JUDDD BUDDDs, what do you think of my suspects? Anything seem more likely than anything else? I'm trying to figure it out so I don't keep repeating my mistakes and backsliding. (Except for the exercise, of course, which I could deal with.) Of course, I'm still down 7.4 pounds in just under 2 weeks, but I could live without gaining 2 pounds back every week and a half.

Thanks for listening (reading, lol), BUDDDs!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Old 10-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

could be the muffin andrea! Mine seemed to stay rumbling in my gut for a couple of days!
It took 2 days of drowning the thing with water before it left!
Do you feel a bit bloated....sometimes extra fiber can actually be a bit constipating, funnily enough...just keep drinking, and eventually you will have a nice long toilet visit...and off the extra lbs will go!
I get on much better with oat fiber..the odd gentle grumble...but wheat bran and wheat fiber....

Fingers crossed the weight will soon be back off...I KNOW how frustrating it is...sometime I my scale!

hugs
jo
x
Old 10-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Beeb - that sounds really scary! i would have been up and down all night checking my windows were sealed! Glad you got it sorted!
have been checking the responses to your post on the main forum...and they all seem really positive!

Hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Jo! I AM trying to drown it in water today. My tummy is a little weird, so i'm betting that muffin is the perpetrator after all. I am hopeful for a decent weigh-in (even though it will be after an UD....oh well) tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #388

About the only thing I know I can depend on with weight is that I can't depend on it remaining stable for long, and I can't depend on it to follow any logical progression for ups and downs.

I would put my money on the muffin being the culprit if I had to wager. After hearing all of the problems you guys experience from them, I'm all ..... I think when I want a muffin I'll just wait and eat one on an Up Day, and then just enjoy it as a plain old muffin, made with just plain old flour, which I know my tummy can handle. LOL I don't like tummy issues.

Hope the uptick in scale weight is gone in another day or two, and your tummy feels fine shortly.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #389
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I agree......DIRTY MUFFIN! Drink lots of water, it will help!!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #390
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, the Shiritaki noodles were just plain gross. I forced down almost half of them, but that was all I could take. I swear afterwards I burped fishy stuff a couple of times, and I really rinsed them off really well. Could ahve been my imagination as a co-worker had heated up fish in the lunch room. I don't know...I don't think these things are for me.
Closed Thread