Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 06:19 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/156/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/
i'm back from an 11 day trip to Dallas with my sister-we shopped, went to movies at all hours, and ate out every day and coffee'd a lot. I am ready to jump on the Judd wagon but want to really begin tomorrow with a DD-Monday-I want Saturday UD for football. Anyway, I will be here. Today's weight is 157.6 around where I've been stuck all year lc'ing and a lot of vlcl'ing which isn't working for me anymore.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 06:45 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1annewil View Post
i'm back from an 11 day trip to Dallas with my sister-we shopped, went to movies at all hours, and ate out every day and coffee'd a lot. I am ready to jump on the Judd wagon but want to really begin tomorrow with a DD-Monday-I want Saturday UD for football. Anyway, I will be here. Today's weight is 157.6 around where I've been stuck all year lc'ing and a lot of vlcl'ing which isn't working for me anymore.
Welcome back Anne!! Jump right back in. Sounds like you had a nice trip to your sisters!!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #333
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Glad you're back, Anne. Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your sister. My sister and I like to do a lot together too.

Have a good UD today, and then you'll be ready for that DD on Monday. I can't remember what your calorie numbers were, but I'm sure you'll be doing well right off the bat. And I know what you mean about having Saturdays be UDs for football. Football tailgate food and beverage is a lot of the fun this time of year, isn't it.

I'm sorry about you having been stuck at about the same weight for a year, doing low carb and very low carb. You are certainly not alone in having that happen, and it leaves us wondering what causes something like that. What causes this refusal of a body to continue weight loss.

When most carbohydrate is withheld over a prolonged period of time, maybe we're crazy not to think that something unpleasant will happen to us. Certainly we'd understand running into some serious difficulty if we withheld protein for the long haul. And we have certainly come to recognize the stupidity of trying to withhold fat and keep to a very low fat diet. How is it that it's so easy for us to think that extreme avoidance of yet another food group, carbohydrate, will somehow turn out to be good for the long term?

You're not the only one this has happened to, but I think your switch to JUDDD will get the ball rolling for weight loss again, and help you increase the sources of nutrient for your overall good health.

Have a great day.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
morning! noah woke up from his drug induced 8hr nap about 5 when his dad and brothers got here. he stayed awake till after 9. hasn't gotten sick since right before they gave him the big dose of sedative and new nausea med. doesn't have much of an appetite but will sip of liquids, which is most important. haven't seen the dr yet this morning, but i am guessing we will be able to go home today.

had a good fasting DD yesterday and ate a small supper with hubby and older boys in the cafeteria...small salad with a little ranch dressing and some of dh's smoked chicken i brought along. when we got back to the room i had a teeny taste of my LC spoon fudge. and felt completely satisfied with that.

weighed again this morning on the hospital scale. 131.9 after my fasting DD....totally NEW VT! a 1.3 # drop. UD this morning. have had a sausage patty with the cheese off the top of a piece of egg casserole that also had hash browns under the cheese. had a little of those. then had a little bit of sunflower seed butter and some of my spoon fudge...and coffee with HH of course. so kinda of a funny hodgepodge of a breakfast, but that's what sounded good. may have a little bit of smoked chicken too.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 10-09-2011 at 07:08 AM..
Old 10-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #335
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Up 3.4 pounds today - the water weight fairy found me! My ring would barely slide over my finger this morning.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

aw, man, paula...you know that will go poof soon! hang in there...
Old 10-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #337
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
had a good fasting DD yesterday and ate a small supper with hubby and older boys in the cafeteria...small salad with a little ranch dressing and some of dh's smoked chicken i brought along.
I am amazed at how well you do DDs in the hospital.

And also, I'm thinking maybe you should do a weekly weigh in at the hospital, sounds like it has a rocking scale.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:07 AM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that's what i think too, paula...i gotta get me one of these. i just hope i'm not too disappointed in my weight once i am back home and using my own scale.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:19 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Morning girls,

Paula, I feel with you, for sure!! I know how that feels!!

Dazy, glad that NOah is doing okay today and can you get one of those scales for me too??? LOL I think I would want to take it home too, but i Think you will see the same results at home too!!

I am the same this morning, starting to feel like Joedi... I never stay the same, but the last 3 days, 157.6... this was after my DD and was hoping for a lower number, but I guess we will see when TOM leaves if that helps any... but it better not be up tomorrow after my UD today!! LOL

Have a nice day ladies!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #340

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Good Morning,

Carrie - I hope and pray you and Noah get to go home today, and the worst of it is behind him for this round. You are doing amazingly well with your weight. KUTGW!

Paula - Hang in there. It is water, and it will come off. Don't do anything crazy, okay? You are my hhcg hero for as many rounds as you have done. That takes a VERY STRONG WOMAN!!.

Cathy - wow, the same weight for 3 days. It sounds like you are due a drop.

I am the same weight today as yesterday(147). I update my stats daily, to the left. This should be a DD for me, but, we are celebrating dh's birthday tonight at the Cheesecake Factory. I will be having chicken lettuce wraps for my meal, and cheesecake for dessert. I wish they had their nutrition online, but, they do not. I will try to eat light until dinner this evening. So far, I've had coffee w/h/f and a 2% fage yogurt. We ate out Thurday evening, italian, tonight, and breakfast will be tomorrow morning out since that is his birthday. IF we were not doing all this eating out, I would probably be able to hang onto this 147, which is a new low for me, but, I am thinking I will settle back at 148/149 when all is said and done. It is highly unusual for us to be eating out this much. I haven't walked in a few days due to an injury, but, I am going to give it a try tomorrow morning.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #341

Quote:
Anne,

it's great to see you! It sounds like you had some wonderful sister time. My sister lives in CA., and I am in OK.

Looking forward to you jumping on the JUDDD wagon with us.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:36 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Good Morning,

Carrie - I hope and pray you and Noah get to go home today, and the worst of it is behind him for this round. You are doing amazingly well with your weight. KUTGW!

Paula - Hang in there. It is water, and it will come off. Don't do anything crazy, okay? You are my hhcg hero for as many rounds as you have done. That takes a VERY STRONG WOMAN!!.

Cathy - wow, the same weight for 3 days. It sounds like you are due a drop.

I am the same weight today as yesterday(147). I update my stats daily, to the left. This should be a DD for me, but, we are celebrating dh's birthday tonight at the Cheesecake Factory. I will be having chicken lettuce wraps for my meal, and cheesecake for dessert. I wish they had their nutrition online, but, they do not. I will try to eat light until dinner this evening. So far, I've had coffee w/h/f and a 2% fage yogurt. We ate out Thurday evening, italian, tonight, and breakfast will be tomorrow morning out since that is his birthday. IF we were not doing all this eating out, I would probably be able to hang onto this 147, which is a new low for me, but, I am thinking I will settle back at 148/149 when all is said and done. It is highly unusual for us to be eating out this much. I haven't walked in a few days due to an injury, but, I am going to give it a try tomorrow morning.
NOt sure if this helps, but I found this for the nutrition
http://www.cheesecakefactorynutritio...ion-chart.php?
Old 10-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #343

Thanks so much, Cathy. I would never have dreamed I could find it elsewhere, but, on their site. This is very helpful. I am doomed, LOL.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks so much, Cathy. I would never have dreamed I could find it elsewhere, but, on their site. This is very helpful. I am doomed, LOL.
Yes, its got to be one of the most unhealthy places to eat!! LOL Even their "weight conscious" menu is downright scary!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Yes, its got to be one of the most unhealthy places to eat!! LOL Even their "weight conscious" menu is downright scary!!!
I know, right. AIYY!!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Well Marie, have fun anyway... its only 1 day right? I love love love their fried mac and cheese, and then I saw the calories, OMG!! LOL I probably could not go in there and eat lettuce and chicken... the cheesecakes, I could just dive right into the case and be quite happy for hours! (well... maybe not hours...LOL)
Old 10-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Well Marie, have fun anyway... its only 1 day right? I love love love their fried mac and cheese, and then I saw the calories, OMG!! LOL I probably could not go in there and eat lettuce and chicken... the cheesecakes, I could just dive right into the case and be quite happy for hours! (well... maybe not hours...LOL)
I did not find the exact lettuce/chicken wraps on the menu as they are kind of new, on their skinnylicious menu. I DID find something similar and it is not the best choice like I thought, so now I am rethinking things. My main goal is the cheesecake, lol. I could just have that, but, my dh was not too keen on that. I guess he doesn't want to eat alone, lol. It IS only one day. I could have steak, but, we have a freezer full of ribeyes.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
two week weigh in results...
so here is a summary of calories/net carbs:
360/4
1524/10.8
347/6.8
1507/11
327/6
1145/11.2
355/9
1800/11
360/6
1800/15
330/7
1473/17
321/11
1246/17
310/14

TODAYS WEIGHT 133.4 down 3.6 pounds in two weeks!!

So Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving JUDDD Budds and thank you for your support! I would like to share this SF Gingerbread Latte with frothed almond milk and waldens caramel syrup (30cals 1 NC LOL) with all of you and say Cheers!

Love,
Nikki
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coffee.jpg (51.8 KB, 9 views)

FABULOUS IN MY FORTIES!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
YAY Nikki! And that Latte looks yummy! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Is Canadian Thanksgiving like American Thanksgiving?
Old 10-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #350

Nikki - Happy Thanksgiving to you!! What are your plans?

Wonderful stats. TERRIFIC LOSS. Thank you so much for taking the time to post the stats. This is very helpful, and is giving me something to ponder in the future regarding carbs. If I need to start making changes in the future(after surgery), I may consider cutting my carbs. Thanks again, and congrats to you!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #351

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Morning all.

I see on the Judd site the doctor says to weigh once a week, on your down days.

Is that what most of you strive for?

Just curious.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
I'm weighing everyday, but that's mostly becuase it's my first week. My official weigh in will be the day after a DD. So my first week has 8 days in it since I started with a DD, but every week after that will be 7.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Morning all.

Just curious.

I weigh everyday, but it sets the tone for me. Some only do on DDs some once a week, I think its what works with you!!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #354

Quote:
Morning all.

Just curious.

I weigh daily, but, am conscious that my stats are higher after some UD's especially in the first two weeks. This is week three and it is calming down. I am relatively new to JUDDD. It will be a month for me on October 17, and then I will see what my loss is based on my starting stat on Sept. 17. I am striving to maintain mainly, and I am clearly doing that. I was in the 149/150 area when I started. Again, I am MAINTAINING, and sometimes my UP days were crazy(food wise), especially the first 2 weeks. I could not be more pleased at how well my body is responding. I can clearly see how I could lose weight on this plan.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #355

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Thanks all. Your experience is valuable to me.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithgirl View Post
YAY Nikki! And that Latte looks yummy! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Is Canadian Thanksgiving like American Thanksgiving?
thanx! for us Canadians (well, me anyway) we make a big dinner and share it with family and friends and talk about everything we are thankful for...just a day to show the people you love that you appreciate them and are grateful for all the good things in life.
Even though it is an up day I will keep my cals low and save for dinner I am making turkey with mashed cauli sausage stuffing sf cranberry sauce and gravy thickened with glucomannan fibre...dessert is sf AND lowfat pumpkin pie with whipping cream...
hehe let's count THAT JUDDD buds!!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Nikki - Happy Thanksgiving to you!! What are your plans?

Wonderful stats. TERRIFIC LOSS. Thank you so much for taking the time to post the stats. This is very helpful, and is giving me something to ponder in the future regarding carbs. If I need to start making changes in the future(after surgery), I may consider cutting my carbs. Thanks again, and congrats to you!
awww thanx!

Just planning a relaxed day with amazing people and amazing food!
And perusing this amazing JUDDD board
Old 10-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning all.

Just curious.

I am trying for once a week it fluctuates so much I tend to get discouraged easily.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mind if i share a pictorial of my weight loss journey?

my journey started hard core in september '07. the before pic here was actually in 2005, and very well, could have been a higher weight than 195, but i know i was around 195 when i started in 2007. i started with simple portion control. no specific eating plan other than small portions. stalled out when i found out more about eating low carb in may 2008. stayed LC till i did more reading on hcg and started that may of 2011. am now doing JUDDD with mostly LC, but throw in a few higher carb treats most everyday just to decrease my carb sensitivity. i'll eat a carbier food for maybe one meal on my UD's, but still mostly LC, higher fat.

took advantage of the big mirror here in the hospital i don't have one at home to take these pictures. thought i would take one at my new low wt of 131.9. lowest i have been in more than 15 years! hoping to get to and maintain between 128-130...unless of course i change my mind...

pic #1 195lbs (aug 2005) -- pic #2 -- 141.8 (aug 2011) -- pic #3 & 4 131.9 (oct 2011)

thanks for letting me share.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 10-09-2011 at 10:05 AM..
Old 10-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
mind if i share a pictorial of my weight loss journey?

my journey started hard core in september '07. the before pic here was actually in 2005, and very well, could have been a higher weight than 195, but i know i was around 195 when i started in 2007. i started with simple portion control. no specific eating plan other than small portions. stalled out when i found out more about eating low carb in may 2008. stayed LC till i did more reading on hcg and started that may of 2011. am now doing JUDDD with mostly LC, but throw in a few higher carb treats most everyday just to decrease my carb sensitivity. i'll eat a carbier food for maybe one meal on my UD's, but still mostly LC, higher fat.

took advantage of the big mirror here in the hospital i don't have one at home to take these pictures. thought i would take one at my new low wt of 131.9. lowest i have been in more than 15 years! hoping to get to and maintain between 128-130...unless of course i change my mind...

pic #1 195lbs (aug 2005) -- pic #2 -- 141.8 (aug 2011) -- pic #3 & 4 131.9 (oct 2011)

thanks for letting me share.
wow fantastic!!! Congratulations!! How tall are you??
You are sooo slim!!
Nikki
Closed Thread