Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Today is my DD and that is why I am looking forward to tomorrow. I AM HUNGRY, lol. I will push through it.......
Yup, I knew that, I meant I was not looking forward to tomorrow, as mine was a DD.. Enjoy your UD though!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Yup, I knew that, I meant I was not looking forward to tomorrow, as mine was a DD.. Enjoy your UD though!!
Okay, gotcha...still hungry here, LOL...going to bed soon.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Okay, gotcha...still hungry here, LOL...going to bed soon.
Sleep tight and then have some breakfast!!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:30 AM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
But you are down .4 pounds! Isn't this good?! I think so and WTG! And the bouncing scale is the evil we all live with and it sure can make a strange bed fellow at times! It's the thing we love to hate, if you know what I mean!
Thanks, Linda. IDK what I'm crying about anyway. YES, I'm happy to post a loss. Hallelujah...something's working!! I think I'm just frustrated at myself for being such a scale addict when things are going well. No matter that I know the scale sometimes goes up and that I shouldn't let it bug me, i always feel disappointed when it happens. Hence, my decision to only weigh after DDs...less likely to have to see the upward movement on the scale on those days, ya know? Like I said, I know I'm just being a crybaby about it and need to get over it. The scale is the scale...metal and electronics...it doesn't (shouldn't) rule my happiness. I've been lucky enough to be losing alright on JUDDD, what the heck am I complaining for?!?

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Old 10-08-2011, 05:49 AM   #305

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Two days ago I was approaching the lower end of my maintenance range, and today I'm up two pounds from that reading. I'm so used to having weight fluctuate that if it didn't, I'd become suspicious that something was wrong with my health.

Well..... I found three loaves of bread that I thought looked especially good, so another of the English Muffin loaves of bread that DH likes so well for toast, and a Rye Jeshua loaf, and a loaf of Flax Bread, all speckled with lots of various seeds.

So that I am up two pounds isn't surprising, and I realize that I am up two pounds on top of the water weight I already carry within me because I now eat at a medium carb level.

But here's what I have come to believe. My body is pretty much behaving as nature designed, using from my stored carb fuel and jettisoning the water on my low carb days, and storing fuel back up with its accompanying water weight on my higher carb days.

I suspect water weight fluctuation of this sort is a more normal state of mankind in the wild state, of his body working with whatever foods were found to eat as we wandered the enormous continents of earth.

Anyway, whatever.. it seems to work well for me. Today is a DD, ending this evening in a little get-together here for DH's daughter and spouse, with his son & spouse also coming over. A little cake and ice cream sort of modest birthday. So I'll eat very, very low calorie today, and then enjoy a smidge of cake and ice cream, even on this DD, and be just fine.

Hope you all have a successful and productive day today. Happy Saturday!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:50 AM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Wooah, had a great drop 2.2 pounds! Think some of that is TOM's water weight, as I had to pee for like 2 minutes this morning (TMI, I know!).

So I hit 127. That's 1.8 pounds from last week, and 3.4 pounds overall in 4 weeks of imperfect JUDDD. I wish it was slightly faster, but I did hope for one pound a week, and I am very close to that. Awesome!

Body fat also dropped a whopping .6 of a point to a new low of 28.0. I am getting there! Soon I'll be in the mid 120s, that's college weight!
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
Old 10-08-2011, 06:00 AM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
Wooah, had a great drop 2.2 pounds! Think some of that is TOM's water weight, as I had to pee for like 2 minutes this morning (TMI, I know!).

So I hit 127. That's 1.8 pounds from last week, and 3.4 pounds overall in 4 weeks of imperfect JUDDD. I wish it was slightly faster, but I did hope for one pound a week, and I am very close to that. Awesome!

Body fat also dropped a whopping .6 of a point to a new low of 28.0. I am getting there! Soon I'll be in the mid 120s, that's college weight!
I'm so happy for you... you don't even know how much!

Yes, that is a wonderful drop in whoosh weight, and laughing about the *long peeing* but we all know exactly what you are talking about! Talk about water weight...

I know we often wish JUDDD gave us weight loss as fast as some other plans do, but I don't think this concept of cycling allows for that as much as just holding cals down for days on end and forcing the issue, so to speak. But it does almost guarantee weight loss will happen if calorie numbers are reasonable accurately set, and especially once your body gets in sync with whatever higher carb level most folks choose.

You're doing such a good job. Happy for you!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:24 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Morning, JUDDDies!!!

Awesome whooshie, Paula! 2.2 pounds...that's a whole kilo overnight! KUTGW!

Pat: I can't wait til I am mentally in the same place as you about the scale. Up-down-whatever-meh. I still can't stand the little "ups". I'm trying to ignore them, lol!

Yesterday was a DD for me, this is a planned weigh-in day. I am down .8 for a total of 9.2 pounds since I started JUDDDing. I JUDDD.

Have a fab Saturday! It's gonna be beautiful here!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:32 AM   #309

Good Morning,

I had a nice drop(stats to the left) after my DD, but, I am not expecting it to stick. If I am 148/149 next week after all this celebrating I will be happy. I've not been able to walk due to a muscle pull and I am very unhappy about that. I hope to be back at it Mon/Tuesday.

I was up at 3am eating, lol. I went back to bed at 4am, lol, slept until 8am. I was 147 at 3am, and 147 now, lol. I won't go to bed that hungry again. I will up my calories instead. I ended yesterday at 490. Since I am maintaining I can go up a bit higher. I am trying to get to a solid 148 maintain. It will all change after my surgery anyway.

I am enjoying all the sucess of my JUDDD BUDDS! WTG.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:38 AM   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Morning, JUDDDies!!!

Pat: I can't wait til I am mentally in the same place as you about the scale. Up-down-whatever-meh. I still can't stand the little "ups". I'm trying to ignore them, lol!

Yesterday was a DD for me, this is a planned weigh-in day. I am down .8 for a total of 9.2 pounds since I started JUDDDing. I JUDDD.

Yes. Simply ignore them. That's the whole secret.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat!

But... down 9.2 POUNDS... Woo Hoo! Great work. You obviously have your calorie numbers well chosen and are doing the job. Continued success.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat!
I love this!!! I am SO putting this in my siggy!! Thanks for the lol, Pat!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good Morning,

I had a nice drop(stats to the left) after my DD,
I was up at 3am eating, lol. I went back to bed at 4am, lol, slept until 8am. I was 147 at 3am, and 147 now, lol.
Nice job ladies!! All of you are doing great!! I was on an UD yesterday and I stayed the same this morning, which makes me almost as happy as Paula's 2 lb drop, no up 3 lbs today!! And... TOM started this morning too... so even weirder.. but hopefully will have a nice drop in a few days to accomodate some of the water weight!! (its a couple days early so was not quite expecting it yet)..

Cold, dreary and wet here this morning, brrrr!! Guess fall really is coming now huh? Hope you all have a good Saturday...

DD today for me..
Old 10-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #313

Quote:
Nice job ladies!! All of you are doing great!! I was on an UD yesterday and I stayed the same this morning, which makes me almost as happy as Paula's 2 lb drop, no up 3 lbs today!! And... TOM started this morning too... so even weirder.. but hopefully will have a nice drop in a few days to accomodate some of the water weight!! (its a couple days early so was not quite expecting it yet)..

Cold, dreary and wet here this morning, brrrr!! Guess fall really is coming now huh? Hope you all have a good Saturday...

DD today for me..
Ha! You are for sure going to weigh less in a few days! And this helps explain a bit more some of your issues with the scale.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
hi, ladies. posting from my sleeping boy's hospital room. chemo started out way better this time. it took 4 hrs before the vomitting started this time. so that was great! had a great evening with very dear friends of ours who are in town from st louis. but then the vomitting started about 10. it wasn't s bad thru the night as the last time...only like 4 times....but then from about 4am till 1030 this morning, non-stop dry heaving and retching. he totally has the dr stumped. says he hasn't seen a kid react this way to this course of chemo before. after trying 5 different meds for nausea, the 5th one being a new one he hasn't had before AND a BIG OL' dose of ativan, mr man is OUT for the count! dr said, shoot, if *I* were going thru this, i would want to be OUT! and OUT he is!! hopefully he'll sleep it off and he'll be over the hump by morning. so needless to say, not going home today.

in other news....

i took the liberty to weigh myself on the scale in our room...all the rooms have digital scales. i *loved* what it said...lol! i may take it home with me...heehee....after my DD on thursday i was down from UD on wed, naturally...so i was 134.2 yesterday. TODAY, after my UD, which probably wasn't as UP as it should have been, i was 133.2 on the hospital scale.

is there much accuracy in that weight since it wasn't on my own scale?

IF'ing DD today.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ha! You are for sure going to weigh less in a few days! And this helps explain a bit more some of your issues with the scale.
Thanks Pat... I am hoping that it works out that way too... I ate 2000 calories yesterday too... but I did not hit the sweets/breads/cake crap that I usually want. I did have a raspberry coffee cake with almond flour though that i had frozen from my "atkin" type days.. it did the trick!!

Hoping tomorrow is nice with a drop, even a small one.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #316

Hey! Take that hospital scale home! Congrats on the weight loss.

Glad to hear your boy is asleep now. I see no reason for anyone to have to endure that if there is an alternative, like getting to sleep peacefully at the hospital where they (and my mom) can look after me, and I can get it out of my system without have to experience it.

Hope he feels a whole lot better when he wakes up.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #317
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Good Afternoon ALL! DD for "the beeb". A little hungry today, even after a great UD, but I believe it's the sugar in the BBQ I had last night for dinner. Sugar is the ONLY thing that makes me want to eat and eat, thus I avoid it, usually, whenever I can. I had a beef brisket sandwich, which was very salty, and thus the 1 pound gain this morning. NOT a problem at all, I expected this knowing this BBQ place so today it's LOTS of liquids and veggies to help me get rid of this water weight will be be gone in no time!!

Hope EVERYONE has a great DD or UD!

Quote:
Thanks, Linda. IDK what I'm crying about anyway. YES, I'm happy to post a loss. Hallelujah...something's working!! I think I'm just frustrated at myself for being such a scale addict when things are going well. No matter that I know the scale sometimes goes up and that I shouldn't let it bug me, i always feel disappointed when it happens. Hence, my decision to only weigh after DDs...less likely to have to see the upward movement on the scale on those days, ya know? Like I said, I know I'm just being a crybaby about it and need to get over it. The scale is the scale...metal and electronics...it doesn't (shouldn't) rule my happiness. I've been lucky enough to be losing alright on JUDDD, what the heck am I complaining for?!?
Complain, vent, rant, and rave.......THAT is what your JUDDD BUDDDs are for! We all feel like you do, I HATE my scale but he (gotta be a man since it's so unreasonable at times) keeps me honest and on track so it's the evil I love to hate!!

Quote:
Two days ago I was approaching the lower end of my maintenance range, and today I'm up two pounds from that reading. I'm so used to having weight fluctuate that if it didn't, I'd become suspicious that something was wrong with my health.

Well..... I found three loaves of bread that I thought looked especially good, so another of the English Muffin loaves of bread that DH likes so well for toast, and a Rye Jeshua loaf, and a loaf of Flax Bread, all speckled with lots of various seeds.

So that I am up two pounds isn't surprising, and I realize that I am up two pounds on top of the water weight I already carry within me because I now eat at a medium carb level.

But here's what I have come to believe. My body is pretty much behaving as nature designed, using from my stored carb fuel and jettisoning the water on my low carb days, and storing fuel back up with its accompanying water weight on my higher carb days.

I suspect water weight fluctuation of this sort is a more normal state of mankind in the wild state, of his body working with whatever foods were found to eat as we wandered the enormous continents of earth.

Anyway, whatever.. it seems to work well for me. Today is a DD, ending this evening in a little get-together here for DH's daughter and spouse, with his son & spouse also coming over. A little cake and ice cream sort of modest birthday. So I'll eat very, very low calorie today, and then enjoy a smidge of cake and ice cream, even on this DD, and be just fine.

Hope you all have a successful and productive day today. Happy Saturday!
I'm coming over for a piece of toast and, of course, your attitude!! Enjoy that smidge of cake and ice cream and the family!!

Quote:

OMG, look at you JUDDD!!

Quote:
Morning, JUDDDies!!!

How is this ^^^^ WTG....... that JUDDD!!!

Quote:
Good Morning,

I had a nice drop(stats to the left) after my DD, but, I am not expecting it to stick. If I am 148/149 next week after all this celebrating I will be happy. I've not been able to walk due to a muscle pull and I am very unhappy about that. I hope to be back at it Mon/Tuesday.

I was up at 3am eating, lol. I went back to bed at 4am, lol, slept until 8am. I was 147 at 3am, and 147 now, lol. I won't go to bed that hungry again. I will up my calories instead. I ended yesterday at 490. Since I am maintaining I can go up a bit higher. I am trying to get to a solid 148 maintain. It will all change after my surgery anyway.

I have woken up hungry in the wee hours of the morning, too and it's not fun because then I eat and can't get back to sleep! Up your calories some, that is the wonderful thing about maintenance!!

Quote:

DD today for me..
Staying the same is a thing and I can't wait to see the whooshie you are going to have soon! I KNOW it's on it's way!!

If I have missed anyone, WTG on your loss or maintaining or figuring out what is working for you! Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 10-08-2011 at 10:27 AM..
Old 10-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:

1.8lbs! Thats brilliant!... Like me you are very close to goal..so nearly a lb a week means you will be at goal before you know it!

My scales show body fat too...but I keep forgetting to note it down!

Quote:
Morning, JUDDDies!!!

Thats wonderful! How long have you been on Juddd now? I also hate those little ups! I come on here and have a little moan...and get reassured each time that they will turn to "downs". They have...but sometimes I just need reassurance!

Quote:
Good Morning,

Can I ask what all those letters next to your stats mean? I may be being a bit slow...but I just cant work them out!

Yes, never go to bed hungry...or with cold feet...neither can be ignored...and will have you out of bed again looking for a "cure!"

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 10-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #319

Hey Joedi,

that is my hhcg lingo, lol. I am going to delete it, just not yet. I need to write my stats down, so I will never forget, lol. For instance R1 stands for Round 1, P2 stands for Phase 2 of the diet which is 23 days minimum on the diet. VLCD stands for Very Low Calorie Day. With hcg all your days are 500 calories. So, it is a count down of sorts. LDW stands for your last dose(of hcg) weight. This is important because you need to stay within 2 pounds of your ldw or a correction day is necessary. After P2, you move to P3 which is Phase 3 of 21 days of upping your calories, eating to BMI, starches and sugars off limits. After that you move to P4(Phase 4). You may slowly add sugars and starches. Ideally you should stay on this for a few weeks before moving onto another round if you have more weight to lose. I have completed 2 full rounds with hhcg. I moved onto JUDDD after 8 days of P4 on my second round. I started Round 1 at 183, on May 30, 2011. I hope this helps explain things a bit. I am a supporter of the hhcg protocal, but, I hope I never have to do it again, LOL,LOL. I look back now and I don't even know how I did it, LOL.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I look back now and I don't even know how I did it, LOL.
Yes, and it only got harder for me each round, how did I keep doing it!

It would be different if I dropped a pound a day like some folks do, but mostly in 2010 I lost one pound every 5 days, which is not much reward for 2500 calories spread out in 5 days.

I love JUDDD in that I never get that cold/slow feeling a hcg round would give me after just a few days. Anyways, it's certainly a nice break mentally not feeling starved even on down days, at least for the most part.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
hi, ladies. posting from my sleeping boy's hospital room. chemo started out way better this time. it took 4 hrs before the vomitting started this time. so that was great! had a great evening with very dear friends of ours who are in town from st louis. but then the vomitting started about 10. it wasn't s bad thru the night as the last time...only like 4 times....but then from about 4am till 1030 this morning, non-stop dry heaving and retching. he totally has the dr stumped. says he hasn't seen a kid react this way to this course of chemo before. after trying 5 different meds for nausea, the 5th one being a new one he hasn't had before AND a BIG OL' dose of ativan, mr man is OUT for the count! dr said, shoot, if *I* were going thru this, i would want to be OUT! and OUT he is!! hopefully he'll sleep it off and he'll be over the hump by morning. so needless to say, not going home today.

in other news....

i took the liberty to weigh myself on the scale in our room...all the rooms have digital scales. i *loved* what it said...lol! i may take it home with me...heehee....after my DD on thursday i was down from UD on wed, naturally...so i was 134.2 yesterday. TODAY, after my UD, which probably wasn't as UP as it should have been, i was 133.2 on the hospital scale.

IF'ing DD today.
for you and Noah. I can't imagine how hard this must be for everyone. And yay that the scale was good to you! Maybe you can sneak it home in some sort of huge bag?
Old 10-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
Um...wow, I don't want to jinx myself or anything, but I lost 3.9 pounds from yesterday morning's weight. A total of 9.5 in 5 days. This weekend will both be UDs though, so who knows what the final number will be...I won't officially weigh in though until after my DD on Monday, so my first week will have 8 days in it. Still, I love what I'm seeing on the scale...
Old 10-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #323

Quote:

in other news....

IF'ing DD today.
Our poor Noah, but what a trooper! He gives me inspiration and pause when I'm thinking that MY life is hard at times. This little man should be the Metal of Honor for bravery! WTG, Noah! Thanks for the update, and please tell him I'm sending as much healing energy as I can his way!

And WHAT a nice number on that scale! Bring it home and about 20 more like it for the rest of us !! WTG, JUDDD BUDDD!!
Old 10-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithgirl View Post
Um...wow, I don't want to jinx myself or anything, but I lost 3.9 pounds from yesterday morning's weight. A total of 9.5 in 5 days. This weekend will both be UDs though, so who knows what the final number will be...I won't officially weigh in though until after my DD on Monday, so my first week will have 8 days in it. Still, I love what I'm seeing on the scale...
How is this ^^^^!!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
thanks, beeb!

i just hope i'm not dissappointed in what my scale says wen i get home.

i guess i forgot to mention, too, that today's weight compared to last sat weigh... -1.4

not sure if i should believe it, since again, i am not weighing on my scale.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
i guess i forgot to mention, too, that today's weight compared to last sat weigh... -1.4
Great job! I believe it!
Old 10-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #327

Quote:
Great job! I believe it!
What we think is what creates our world...........believe it!!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I am still at 137.75! Tom arrived today, so despite feeling yucky I am hopeful for a little whoosh soon!
Funny thing is, bloated tummy aside, the rest of me feels slimmer!?

Keep your fingers crossed for me... that goal is SO close now!
Hugs
Jo
X
Old 10-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
I am still at 137.75! Tom arrived today, so despite feeling yucky I am hopeful for a little whoosh soon!

Hugs
Jo
X
Fingers and toes crossed for you. Its actually very good that you are sooo consistent every day. I am up and down 2 or more pounds... I cannot imagine the same weight every day!! I would think that golden, especially when you finally hit goal and maintenance!!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post

Hugs
Jo
X
Hugs, Jo! You'll see movement soon.... I'm rooting for you! To answer your earlier question, I updated my stats to show my start date on JUDDD. I have been JUDDDing since last Tuesday.
Closed Thread